Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell me to let them GO!

So I am down 30 lbs and have some clothes that are too big, as well as lots of winter clothes in my old size. I know I will be much thinner by next winter. However, my head keeps saying...

what if that weight comes back, or the band won't work. (I know it will.)

So I am here to ask you to tell me to do the right thing. To let the clothes go!!!!!

:thumbup:

*giggle*

Sydney

I need the same advice. :thumbup:

I'm thinking about where to put the clothes that get too big for me, even though my husband keeps telling me to get rid of them.

You could keep them and use them as pajamas? Then get rid of them when they are too big to even be pajamas (I like my PJs to be bigger than my town clothes). :thumbup:

I'm with the both of you!! Too scared I'll not lose anymore, but mostly I think I'm just too cheap right now to buy new stuff!! :blushing:Every day I'm hiking up my scrub pants at work and trying to find someone with sewing skills!! My sister wants to take me to The Mall of America in the fall for a MAJOR shopping binge!! Can't wait!!:thumbup:

Give them to a Battered Women's Shelter!!! If you have a bunch of clothes, you can even take it out on your taxes. Plus, you'd be helping a woman who may have had to leave all her clothes at home in the middle of the night. Most people are willing to give children's clothing, but the moms are left out.

Set them free!!! Give them to women who can really use them!!! :thumbup:

let it go, let it go, let someone else use it, someone else who may need it.....you need to get new clothes and feel good in it.....think positive, you know your surgery will work, don't be afraid to buy new clothes, you'll feel wonderful!!! :thumbup:

Go buy new clothes! It's lots of fun and you feel great afterwards. I'm a cheap shopper, too, but you can't do all this work and sit around wearing clothes that don't fit.

And get rid of the big stuff, too. I think half of the women in Pennsylvania are wearing some of my old clothes. Every season, I'd go through the closet and get rid of clothes, but I'd always keep piles of clothes that I couldn't part with, but I knew probably wouldn't fir next year. Well guess what, they never did and then I had to go through all the bags and figure it out all over again. My sister is great at finding homes for my old clothes. She has dieting friends, a church rummage sale, and some organization that passes on business clothes to women that are getting back into the work force and need clothes. Some people like to sell their old stuff in consignment shops, but I haven't done that recently.

Some day I'll get to the point where I only have clothes that actually fit me, but I keep getting closer. My husband will be so happy. He's always the same size and he can't understand the concept of having a closet full of clothes and only a few things that I can wear.

So let them go...they can have productive lives at somebody else's house!

Cindy

Girl .....just cut the cord.Those clothes do not define you.Besides new clothes will match the new you. You are holding too tightly to your security blankets.......... Share them with someone who needs them right now ! You 'll feel better about this too.

THROW THEM AWAYYYY. (Keep one pair of your fattest pants for comparison.) But throw the rest away. YOU DO NOT NEED THE SAFETY NET. If you have it, you'll subconsciously think you know what, those ten extra pounds are okay because I have pants to fit. NOOOOO. Throw it away.

Plus, when you buy new clothes, you'll automatically look thinner because you won't have baggy clothes adding bulk.

It took me forever to get rid of my clothes and I was so cheap I even kept wearing them. My clothes were size 22/24 and I was down to a size 18. My sister gave me a bunch of her clothes so I finally got rid of them but I sold them on craigslist and used the money to buy some new clothes from Target (since they are cheap and I was still using). Now i'm selling my size 18's so I can buy some size 14's. So I suggest selling them on craigslist! :thumbup:

Yea get rid of them! I sold mine on ebay! Plus size clothes sell great! Then use that money to buy new ones!

I think I've spent about a bazzillion dollars on plus size clothes. I'm pre-band now, October :cursing:, but I plan on consigning my clothes. That way I make 40% back on the old ones, and get to re-spend that money on new clothes, once I start loosing. My family owns a consignment shop for plus sizes - which is very convient, but a lot of consigners take plus size. Might be an idea...

Good luck on your weightloss.

I kept my clothes (pre surgery) as I grew bigger and bigger and had sizes in my closet from size 12 to 2X. It is now 7 months after my surgery and I'm in size 14. I know I will never go back to those big clothes, and nor will you. Keep trying your baggy things on and see how they no longer look or feel good on you, then pack them up and give them a new life with someone else. It is so liberating to have them gone and out of your closet.

If you have a battered women's shelter or thrift shop in your area..... donate.... donate.... donate.... nevermind the potential tax break., do some good for the sake of it.

I was a battered woman when I was young and alone with two babies. I would have loved to have had a shelter to have helped me.... When I left, I left everything. I was just lucky that he left shortly after that and left everything in the apartment... so I got it all back.

So, DONATE IT ALL!!!!! I know I am going to.

I kept one pair of my biggest jeans (profile picture ) but the rest has to go!