Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How important are the rules really?

We all saw and you ruined it by posting!!

I've been waiting for him to post it under his real/other name. :thumbup:

Hmmm ..... very interesting. Is he trying to cause trouble? Fighting with himself? Can't edit other's posts ....... Here is the email I got:

Dear Humming Bird,

SavvyCat has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - How important are the rules really? - in the POST-Operation Lap-band Surgery Questions & Answers forum of LAP-BAND Surgery and LAP-BAND Discussion Forum.

This thread is located at:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/how-important-rules-really-116365-new/

Here is the message that has just been posted:

I don't recall any personal attacks from Savvy's original posts. Like he/she said this was her first post ever. If some of you cowards would grow a set with the weight you have lost the world would be alot more honest. I respect you Savvy for your guts you will succeed dont give up. The mean and hatefull posts are people who are misserable human beings there's something for you to chew on LAP NYC. You want to go on with personal attacks we can go pound for pound and I dont think you would stand a chance debateing with the cat.

This is so ridiculous. I thought the original post was obnoxious. What can I say? I didn't crucify the guy. I just said that I thought his tone was inappropriate and that he needed to open his mind a little if he ever wants to lose a pound. I actually thought I was doing the guy a favor. I'll also do this responder a favor and tell him/her that "a lot" is two words....

Is it just pure entertainment for her/you?

posting so you can stir up trouble and then give yourself support?

There must be better fun for you in this world someplace.

Edited by Humming Bird

I'm certainly not one who far down this path, but something the nutritionist said during my pre-op class today made a lot of sense that I would like to share. When some in the class were asking about the difficulty of sticking to the pre-op diet, she simply explained that it was an arbitrary thing to torture us, it was a medical necessity, shrinking the liver, etc., etc., etc. HOWEVER, she followed that by saying, "Look, if you're REALLY having a hard time, call me. I'll probably let you eat a chicken breast. There's always something we can do, but CALL ME, I will work with you." I think that's what this whole process is about - working with someone, deferring to the experts in a field where we all have not been able to meet the challenge on our own. IF there's something that is too difficult, consult with your dietician, nutrition expert. That's what they are there for - FOR YOU. It's the expert piece we need and are paying for. I for one will probably not blindly follow every bit of advice, but will question and work with someone who is more knowledgeable than me to figure out a modifcation that WILL WORK for me. By the way, she is 5+ year banded patient at goal and still enjoys diet soda on occasion as a treat for herself. But she says absolutely NO carbonation during the first 2 months post-op. Personally, soda does not have a hold on me so I could care less about never drinking it again. I would like to know that I could enjoy an occassional beer down the road :Banane20::thumbup:

We all saw and you ruined it by posting!!

I've been waiting for him to post it under his real/other name. :Banane20:

Sorry.:thumbup: Didn't think!

The mob mentality is alive and well and living on lapbandtalk.com. I had no intention of ever posting again after my last post - I had nothing more to say. My guess is that most of you consider yourselves to be fairly intelligent.... Did anyone of you realize the voice of the post was different from the original? I mean, if you can hear a “tone” in a post you most certainly should be able to discern a different author! I debated, (obviously not too terribly long), whether to dignify your comments with a response. I guess the thing in me that doesn’t let personal attacks go unanswered is the same one who is choosing to speak to you now… I know none of you personally, and many of you have proven to be people I would cross the street to avoid, (BetseyB, LapNYC, Spartan, btrieger, just to name a few…). Please know that I am intimidated by none of you, I just have more important things to do with my time than nibble at all the bait you put before me. Although I am disappointed in those people who had the ability to see both sides of the coin, I am explaining what happened to you.

I had an appointment this evening. My husband, was curious about what I referred to as hateful posts, and who is just a little more ignorant when it comes to things like this than I, was curious and read some of the posts… Needless to say he was offended by the way some people spoke to me. He responded and once he realized that what he posted showed under my name, he deleted it. Chivalry is not dead. It is alive and well and residing in my sweet but misguided hubby. That is what happened plain and simple. Believe it or don’t – I don’t give a rat’s @ss either way. I don’t have to name names for those of you who were hateful to know that you were. I hope that whatever you have going on resolves itself so that you don’t have to take out your bad day on someone who just wanted to ask a question. I may be fat and imperfect, but tonight I’m going to bed with someone who has more heart than ability to spell, and loves me like no other and I get to wake up to take care of our beautiful children.

I said "troll" several pages back but whether that's the case or not, the discussion is interesting.

I find it interesting which people say "in my opinion" or "I think" to preface their remarks and how many state their opinion as if it is black and white truth. I try to always specify that its just my opinion and not necessarily right, but there are people around who just cant see that their opinion is not shared by everyone and whether supported by scientific fact or not, not RIGHT for everyone either.

Edited by Jachut

This thread should be deleted...it's not productive anymore. Once the high school stuff starts, it keeps working it's way back in, even after some worthy posts that tried to get it back on track. It could also turn people off from posting. For the record, I agree with "the Cat." You did not get treated well here. I do think this forum is valuable and I would encourage you to get a new name and try again :thumbup: Hopefully you will be met with kinder results the next time around. Best of luck to you!

Is this a joke?

SC is still posting as if she doesn't have multiple accounts to start trouble?

"Is this a joke?

SC is still posting as if she doesn't have multiple accounts to start trouble?"

Sorry, I'm not sophisticated to know how to do the quote thing the way you all do. Is common sense really dead? If I had multiple accounts why would I post under the same name? Is it the "American Way" to be snide and cynical? btrieger, sometimes the truth is just as simple as I indicated. If it gives you some sort of gratification to believe otherwise, do so. I only volunteered to educate a party of two. Lots of luck to you!

lol, so your husband doesn't know whether you are a he or she? A chivalrous husband would have said who he was, imo.

edited because I had to make DH's breakfast!

Anyway, I agree with Jackie. It can be an interesting discussion. It would be nice if it could be had without the attitudes, but those happen when people are passionate.

Savvy, if you really are one of us, join the crowd. It is ok to have opinions that are different, however, treating people poorly when they post answers you don't like isn't any cooler than the judgments you are claiming others have made. just my opinion.

If you are just someone who discovered a new place to troll, then you have issues that can't be dealt with in a paragraph.

Edited by MissyMS

Lordy, if I were SavvyCat, I sure wouldn't post here! The Water is a little too snarky for my tastes. High school indeed. Makes me sad and not feel safe.