Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Luck and God Bless. You'll do fine. :(

CarolD:smile2:

Hi Everyone- Im on day 10 of my 2 week liquid diet and truthfully, It isn't that bad at all.. ofcourse you have your moments of cravings and even looking funny at the dog's bowl..but it really is all in the head, I never realized how psychological hunger is. WOW. So I get banded on Monday and sooo friggen nervous, it's my first surgery ever! I dont know how Im gonna deal with the anesthesia.. have never felt surgery pains before Im just freakin out, Am i nuts ?

Hi Jasmine,

You'll never know what hit you, surgery wise until you wake up :crying:. They'll give you something to relax you in the IV. I'm sure you are in good hands. The Drs. do this all the time, the medical team & nurses are excellent at their jobs. We are all nervous and anxious :eek:. You will have pain :blink:, just take the pain meds and the worst will be over in a few (2-4) days. You'll be able to get up and do what you have to. Just take it real easy. Hug a pillow and sip your fluids. Let us know how it goes??

Good Luck and God Bless you,:frown:

CarolD:smile2:

PS. I'm getting banded the 16th!! :(

Hello everyone , its been two days since my surgery, everything went well , no problems so far, like everyone else I was worried about the surgery, i think it's just anxiety ,but i'm happy to report that everything is good, good luck to everyone on your surgery.:frown:

Well I went into be banded on the 9th besides trouble with my iv (always) everything seemed to go smoothly I woke in recovery thinking wow I did it. My mom and sis came in saying something about too bad he couldn't put the band in...excuse me what? Turns out that when surgeon got in there he found a hernia (routine) but also a tumor on my stomach where the band would sit, he removed it and sutured my tummy but you can't put a band on top of a suture. Because of my age and the way the growth looks he says he doubts it was malignant but we should know in a couple days. So in a couple weeks he should be able to put band on...so now I am up to 2 surgeries in the last month (gallbladder and now this) and still don't have my band, but I am more determined than ever.

Oh wow Reign, sorry to hear that!! you are in my prayers.

Hi Reign,

Wow is right :rolleyes:??!!! I'm sorry you are going thru this.

I had my gallbladder out on 3/31 too. And they have detected a hiatal hernia that they will repair if needed when I get banded June 16th.

It's a bummer that you have to go back again for your band :sad:. But I like your spunk and determination:thumbup:. Just take each step you need to a life of better health. You Go Girlfriend :frown: !!! Let us know how you are doing

You are in my prayers and thoughts,

CarolD

Hi all! So, I was banded 2 days ago-6/9/10. I am feeling ok, and thought I might share my experience for those who are about to be banded. So, the staff was great-I got my IV and my anestethia , all went well and before I knew it I was waking up in the recovery room. I was pretty sick to my stomach and apparently I did have some bleeding in surgery so they did keep me overnight. The 1st day is somewhat of a blur and I was in a lot of pain but I did get up on my own to use the bathroom a few times. The 2nd day, after a restful night, I was feeling a little bit better and a lot less sleepy. I left the hospital around 1pm and I am at my parents house recovering. The pain meds they gave me have been making me really nauseous so I am currently just taking liquid tylenol for the pain. I have been getting pretty intense gas pains in my shoulders and neck and have been finally on the 3rd day, able to relieve some of that( sorry to be gross, lol). I have been drinking Water and Protein Shakes but am only allowed 4 oz of liquid per hour and to tell the truth thats about all I can tolerate anyway. Other than that, I am feeling ok and I am just taking it one day at a time. I am really just looking forward to getting some real food in me!!:frown: I go back to see my surgeon one week from today and will get my bandages removed then. The only incision that is really hurting me is the big one, where my port is. All, in all, the worst is over ( at least I hope) and I just cant wait for the band to take effect and for me to lose some weight. I weighed myself today and it seems as if I gained some weight and was thinking it might be from the iv's from the hospital as well as the extreme bloating from the CO2 gas from surgery--anyone know anything about this? Anyway-if anyone has any questions please email me and good luck to everyone who is about to be banded! I wont lie, its really rough in the beginning but it does get so much easier day by day!!:rolleyes:

Danielle

Hi all! So, I was banded 2 days ago-6/9/10. I am feeling ok, and thought I might share my experience for those who are about to be banded. So, the staff was great-I got my IV and my anestethia , all went well and before I knew it I was waking up in the recovery room. I was pretty sick to my stomach and apparently I did have some bleeding in surgery so they did keep me overnight. The 1st day is somewhat of a blur and I was in a lot of pain but I did get up on my own to use the bathroom a few times. The 2nd day, after a restful night, I was feeling a little bit better and a lot less sleepy. I left the hospital around 1pm and I am at my parents house recovering. The pain meds they gave me have been making me really nauseous so I am currently just taking liquid tylenol for the pain. I have been getting pretty intense gas pains in my shoulders and neck and have been finally on the 3rd day, able to relieve some of that( sorry to be gross, lol). I have been drinking Water and Protein Shakes but am only allowed 4 oz of liquid per hour and to tell the truth thats about all I can tolerate anyway. Other than that, I am feeling ok and I am just taking it one day at a time. I am really just looking forward to getting some real food in me!!:frown: I go back to see my surgeon one week from today and will get my bandages removed then. The only incision that is really hurting me is the big one, where my port is. All, in all, the worst is over ( at least I hope) and I just cant wait for the band to take effect and for me to lose some weight. I weighed myself today and it seems as if I gained some weight and was thinking it might be from the iv's from the hospital as well as the extreme bloating from the CO2 gas from surgery--anyone know anything about this? Anyway-if anyone has any questions please email me and good luck to everyone who is about to be banded! I wont lie, its really rough in the beginning but it does get so much easier day by day!!:rolleyes:

Danielle

I almost had the same experience as you....not fun the first 2 days, I actually was having some regrets. Except I am to drink 1oz every 3 minutes, of course I can't!! sugar free popsicles are wonderful....and I am not allowed Protein shakes for 10 days....looking forward to the 16th, just to have a shake. Other than that, I am on Clear Liquids, 4 days out and no hunger yet!! I'm looking forward to pureed foods!!

Well I went into be banded on the 9th besides trouble with my iv (always) everything seemed to go smoothly I woke in recovery thinking wow I did it. My mom and sis came in saying something about too bad he couldn't put the band in...excuse me what? Turns out that when surgeon got in there he found a hernia (routine) but also a tumor on my stomach where the band would sit, he removed it and sutured my tummy but you can't put a band on top of a suture. Because of my age and the way the growth looks he says he doubts it was malignant but we should know in a couple days. So in a couple weeks he should be able to put band on...so now I am up to 2 surgeries in the last month (gallbladder and now this) and still don't have my band, but I am more determined than ever.

So Sorry to hear that....I hope that you will be okay! And just remember you will be banded!!! At least you still have that to look forward to!:frown:

Danielle

The Gas pain is the worst part of the recovery:crying:. Each day will get better. Ask for Nausea Meds. Take it very easy this weekend. I hope the pain eases up soon!!!

God Bless,

carolD

I was banded yesterday (the 10th) and so far so good. I have to say, the staff at Hackensack hospital kicks ass. They were incredible. I stayed pretty chilled out before the surgery, and the only time I really thought about it was as the anasthesia was kicking in. (Getting all woozy, I began thinking, "what the hell am I doing??) But anasthesia kicked in, and next thing I know I'm in recovery. The nurses gave me some morphine for pain, but after that I was fine. I had my surgery at 8am, left the hospital at 4:30 because I was walking around and getting down my liquids. Now that Im home, I have some mild discomfort but nothing unmanageable. I didn't take any pain meds today and have been eating Jello and Powerade. Probably a total of 2 oz today. I gotta say, my brain is hungry, but I know even if I tried my body couldnt tolerate it. For everyone getting banded this month, good luck!

Got my Approval yesterday!!! My surgery is schedule for June 30!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle and Sweet, thanks for sharing!! Just waiting on my day.

Congrats goodlyfe!!

Hiya just wondering if anyone is getting banded in June and if so how are you feeling im an excited nervous wreck obsessed with getting the surgery it seems as though every other:thumbup: word out of my mouth is when i get my surgery this and surgery that lol 8 weeks to go whooo hoooo

Hello everyone. My date is June 15, it's been along time coming.:frown: