Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found a few stories on here that have me questioning my decision.... those "stuck" stories scare me. I had heart burn once so bad I thought I'd die... I don't like that sort of pain where there isn't much you can do... if I go through with the surgery I won't ever eat meat!

My surgery date is next Monday!!

I'm next Monday and very nervous. They gave me a shopping list and it's 5 pages long... do they expect me to buy all this stuff?

Really? Mine is Monday the 28th and they didnt give me any kind of ''shopping list''. What is on the list they gave you? Im curious now...

Good Luck with your surgery hope everything goes perfect and that you are home safe and sound before you know it!!!

~Anny

I found a few stories on here that have me questioning my decision.... those "stuck" stories scare me. I had heart burn once so bad I thought I'd die... I don't like that sort of pain where there isn't much you can do... if I go through with the surgery I won't ever eat meat!

My surgery date is next Monday!!

Yes you will eat meat again. You will have trial and error of what you can handle and what you cant. The amounts of the food you will eat is the difference.

Wow, 27 pages on this thread is fantastic. If you want to keep up with June Bandsters, go to Communities on tool bar and click Social Groups. We are called June Bugs and we are 110 members strong. Great threads and its great to know we are all going on this venture together. Come join us

Ok so I am at the hospital yesterday monring at 8:30. My mind is committed and I am ready. I check in, get my admin band on my wrist and I wait. And I wait. And I wait some more. My doctor comes out and tells me that they have the pre-authorization, they are just waiting for some yahoo at the insurance company to sign off on the final authorization. At 2:30 my doctor told me that he would rescedule for next monday.. the 28th. I was so disappointed... I just want this to be over. Im so ready to be on the other side of this. The anxiety is starting to wear on me... there is one uptick... the doctor allowed me to have solid meals yesterday...but now its back to the liquid. So to all my June 28th banded brothers and sisters.... good luck!

OMG that's very discouraging, but chin up.... MOnday is when I go... we'll go together! LOL.

YOu got a meal??? Lucky you! I've been on Phase 1 of South Beach since April. They told me I have to stay on it until the surgery so that my liver doesn't enlarge... does eating carbs make you liver large???? So... the day I got my date (3 wks ago) I went out and had two slices of pizza.... as a last hurrah.... and went right back to Phase 1 like a good girl. No cheating since.

I'm very glad my doctor doesn't use liquid diet before the surgery... phase 1 is tough enough.

Will we laugh at all this someday in our bikini's?:smile2:

OMG that's very discouraging, but chin up.... MOnday is when I go... we'll go together! LOL.

YOu got a meal??? Lucky you! I've been on Phase 1 of South Beach since April. They told me I have to stay on it until the surgery so that my liver doesn't enlarge... does eating carbs make you liver large???? So... the day I got my date (3 wks ago) I went out and had two slices of pizza.... as a last hurrah.... and went right back to Phase 1 like a good girl. No cheating since.

I'm very glad my doctor doesn't use liquid diet before the surgery... phase 1 is tough enough.

Will we laugh at all this someday in our bikini's?:(

I will be there with you both on Monday also. I will keep you all in my mind. I start the Liquid diet tomorrow....:smile2: shall be interesting to see how this goes. Went to my family doctor today for the clearance for surgery. One more doctors appointment with my Surgions Assistant in the morning.

Look forward to hearing everyone is done with surgery and recovering well!

~Anny

Ok so I am at the hospital yesterday monring at 8:30. My mind is committed and I am ready. I check in, get my admin band on my wrist and I wait. And I wait. And I wait some more. My doctor comes out and tells me that they have the pre-authorization, they are just waiting for some yahoo at the insurance company to sign off on the final authorization. At 2:30 my doctor told me that he would rescedule for next monday.. the 28th. I was so disappointed... I just want this to be over. Im so ready to be on the other side of this. The anxiety is starting to wear on me... there is one uptick... the doctor allowed me to have solid meals yesterday...but now its back to the liquid. So to all my June 28th banded brothers and sisters.... good luck!

That is the "Pitts". :( I hope and pray that Mon. will be "The Day"?? If you've made it this far without losing your mind:smash: you're a stronger person

than me :smile2:.

May God Bless You!!!!

Anny... my doctor didn't put me on liquids until the day before surgery. That's lucky because I know you have to be on them for a long time after. Yukky. I have to stay on Phase 1 of South Beach.

So other than Protein drinks there isn't much you can consume that has protein is there?

Anny... my doctor didn't put me on liquids until the day before surgery. That's lucky because I know you have to be on them for a long time after. Yukky. I have to stay on Phase 1 of South Beach.

So other than Protein Drinks there isn't much you can consume that has Protein is there?

Tomorrow will be two weeks since my surgery and I am very happy that I finally had it done. I have lost 16 lbs since May 25, when I started the liquid diet. I am now on soft foods and not having a problem. I am still very tired from the surgery and still resting a lot, but I am back driving and have been working in my gardens doing light work. Haven't had anything get stuck, no nausea. I get my first fill in another month. Best of luck to all keep up the good work.

I'm being banded next Wednesday, June 30th! I can hardly wait to start the next chapter in my life free from of all of this extra weight!! My surgeon is awesome and I know I'm in excellent hands so I'm not even nervous. This site has and will continue to be an inspiration! :biggrin:

Tomorrow will be two weeks since my surgery and I am very happy that I finally had it done. I have lost 16 lbs since May 25, when I started the liquid diet. I am now on soft foods and not having a problem. I am still very tired from the surgery and still resting a lot, but I am back driving and have been working in my gardens doing light work. Haven't had anything get stuck, no nausea. I get my first fill in another month. Best of luck to all keep up the good work.

Hi,

Congrats!!:thumbup: I'm 1 week out, w 1 week more of shakes. I'm not hungry but, I'm already thinking of my 1st soft food day. What did you have? I'm nervous as to what to have or how to cook it? :biggrin: Any advice? Do you still have a shake to keep up your Protein levels?

Keep up the good work!!!:smile2:

I get banded on Friday! I am so nervous and pretty scared I'm going to die. I miiight back out. Even though I traveled to a different continent to do it :biggrin:

Band Society

am getting banded on mon, the 28th and while excited, anxiety about the surgery is starting to get to me. i've already lost 17 lbs on low carb diet (1 meal per day) and liquids the rest of the time. i did have a strong craving for ribs yesterday and in a moment of weakness, i gave into it and purchased a rib dinner to go. normalky i would inhale the stuff, not so this time. i ate half (and it didn't taste as good as i was anticipating) and threw the rest away. so even though i was 'bad', i felt encouraged that my new eating habits are kicking in. i think the craving really came more from my anxiety than an actual need for the ribs. anyway, only 5 more days till surgery. my doctor is allowing me to have all liquids and one light dinner meal, however, i've decided to go with all liquids on sat and sun. good luck to all my fellow june bandsters. i'm looking forward to hearing about your results!!