Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2010 Bandsters?

Just found out my surgery date is May 17th!!! I begin my liquid diet on Monday, May 10th. I can't believe this is finally happening.

Just found out my surgery date is May 17th!!! I begin my liquid diet on Monday, May 10th. I can't believe this is finally happening.

Congrats!!!! I have my surgery on the 10th and am currently on my pre-op diet! It sucks! :thumbup: I am surviving but it is difficult! I see and smell food everywhere! The first day was HELL! I had a headache and was so bitchy! Yesterday was better though! I took "before" pictures last night...how depressing! I can't believe I am that FAT! :thumbup: It is motivation to lose weight but it's also so depressing that I want to EAT! :biggrin: How did food every get so out of hand?

Anyway...CONGRATS again!!! :( Wish you well!

Hey everyone! I was banded yesterday.

The procedure went very, very well and since I was on outpatient basis, I was operated on at 945ish and was home before noon.

It was pretty painful the first 12 hours and I was up walking around a little yesterday. I sipped on Water, a Protein shake and some crushed ice. LOVE the crushed ice.

By 7pm I was eating lemon Jello which tasted heavenly!

I was surprised not to have the gas pains everyone is always talking about. All I really have to contend with is the pressure in the lungs when I breathe deeply and the most pain is around the port center.

I am taking my liquid pain meds twice a day today and I may be off it all tomorrow!

Good luck to each and every one of you. :thumbup:

Congrats!!!! I have my surgery on the 10th and am currently on my pre-op diet! It sucks! :thumbup: I am surviving but it is difficult! I see and smell food everywhere! The first day was HELL! I had a headache and was so bitchy! Yesterday was better though! I took "before" pictures last night...how depressing! I can't believe I am that FAT! :thumbup: It is motivation to lose weight but it's also so depressing that I want to EAT! :biggrin: How did food every get so out of hand?

Anyway...CONGRATS again!!! :( Wish you well!

I dread the liquid diet, but I know that it is necessary to reach my goals. I am grateful that it begins after Cinco de mayo and Mother's Day! :biggrin: I totally understand the depression of wondering how we let ourselves get this big. I lost 80 lbs on my own 5 years ago, and after having a baby gained back every last pound and a few more. However, I refuse to be held captive by this excess weight. I am trying to keep my health as my number one priority.

Best of luck on your surgery! I can't wait to read about more amazing results! Whoo-hoo!!!

I had a "why did I do this moment yesterday in recovery due to the pain, but really, it is manageable now. I think I had a super Dr, super nurses and the surgery went sooo well. That and a pretty high pain tolerance. The thing I was worried about the most was going under. THAT was a funny story. Supposedly, I cuss like a sailor!:thumbup:

I am looking gorward to the pain lessening, and moving on.

8 days for surgery! If the doctor gives me a UA he may reschedule me as I have been very bad with smoking. I will stop completely 3 days before, so we'll see. If my date gets pushed back it's my own fault, but quitting smoking is very hard when your concentrating on something else

I started my pre liquid diet today - so far so good - but it's only 9:15...ha ha - but I have a good attitude about it and know I can do it! 2 weeks from today is my date - tonight I have my first class - not sure what they will teach - but should be helpful!!! Good Luck all!

My date is the 27th - I don't really have a pre-op diet. I asked the coordinator about it yesterday but she said there wasn't one.

After visiting the nutrionist last week - I decided to go for it anyway - so far down 9.5 lbs in about 6 days (current weight 311.5).

I have to admit that I am having second thoughts - I gulp Water and I eat too fast and I know I can't do that but my mind goes in so many directions all the time, I know I'm going to forget and have problems. Oh well, in for a dime in for a dollar I guess.

My surgeon is Jeff Vaughn at Jupiter Medical Center, Jupiter FL. 22 days from now.

I finally got my surgury date. May 13 at 1pm. I have been on the pre-op diet since last week but I ate Saturday and Sunday, and begun again faithly on Monday. I have lost 5 lbs. I was actually to fit into a blouse I had not worn in along time because it was too tight. This really made me feel good. I am happy now to see some results. How is everyone else doing????:thumbup:

I can't believe it'll be soon for all of us! I'm busy with last minute stuff around here-- since I'm getting banded in Mexico, I'm cleaning and making plans for my 3 year old to stay with grandmama.... Just trying to focus on getting everything ready so I don't have time to stress and second guess myself!!!

had mine done monday....had some trouble coming out of the anesthesia, I was very dizzy and nauseous. I was not able to get up and walk around like you should.

I didn't feel better until about 2am. So that's when I took my first walk.

I had a small hernia he had to repair, so I am having alot of the Left referred shoulder pain.

I lost 25 pounds on my pre-op diet and doc said my liver looked great!!

I meet with my PCP again on tues morning, and that afternoon Imeet with the surgeon for the last time pre-op. I have to be careful at work with all my patients so I don't get sick before hand. But otherwise, everything is going according to schedule.

The pre-op diet itself has been ok. I managed to make it through a communion with only have lemon chicken and salad. No sugar, cake or candy! The hardest part for me is the social aspect. My friend invited me over so we can plan a girls weekend getaway and said, "yeah come over, we're having tacos for dinner." Of course I didn't go and that's been hard locking myself up.

Hello! Ths is my first post and I am a May baby, May 12 to be exact. So in the middle of all these feelings of whew it's finally here I am finding that mixed in between is a feeling of I don't think I want to do this. Anyone else having these thoughts? I have to keep my nose out of the negativity that I have been poking it into on line and focus on the positive. My very grown up son tells me that the negative posts are from people who did not realize what they had to do to be comfortable with the band. I am hoping that I find that to be true. I am just very nervous and letting those feelings take over. Anyway, I think this site will be my new BFF for a while. Going fror preop tomorrow then labs and then THE BIG DAY, Yikes!:bored:

Hey!

My surgery will be on May 12th! I'm SO nervous!

Good luck to you!! :bored:

Had my lap band surgery on the 3rd of May. Had some anesthesia problems. Nausea.. relfux, chest pain .. had to stay one more day at hospital. Came home yesterday. Couldn't sleep laying down last night. Had to sit up in chair. I got about 4 hours sleep between 2am and 6am.

Doing pretty well today. I've been walking and sipping liquids, eating a little Jell-0. I gave myself the shot in my belly to prevent blood clots. I've taken my shower and just trying to keep busy walking. I've been to the mailbox twice. and I've been dusting a little in the living room. Good luck to those of you with your upcoming surgery! One day at a time. One day at a time.