Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Morning everyone!

I am being cautiously optimistic this morning because my scale moved down another pound! I'm not changing my ticker again just yet, but since it moved down again, I think this last 5 pound drop is 'real'! I hope so since I've not had *any* bad days since getting my fill back...keeping in mind that on my bad days I still never went over 1800 calories.

I went out and got the 'Just Dance 2' for the Wii and have to say it's a bit disappointing. They move so fast that it's difficult to 'learn' the steps so I spend the whole time just going through Jerky motions. I'm going to try to pick just one song I like and see if I can't memorize the sequence of steps but in the meantime, I'll just go back to the Wii Fit. This silly thing has been hooked up to my tv since before the surgery but I'd completely forgotten about it until my husband started using it last night! Selective memory? :D At any rate, now that it's too cold to walk outside, I'm going to hit the Wii Fit for at least an hour a day since I know I can get a good workout on it.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Melody

Just checking in. On liquids today. I had the worst stuck episode yesterday--totally my fault. I am having to relearn the band rules that I had gotten laxed in because of months of no restriction. Since my last fill, I am not at my sweet spot, but definitely getting closer. I had really gotten use to eating whatever I want and not chewing like I should. Anyway, was eating a turkey bbq sandwich--took a small piece--not small enough and did not chew as well as I should. I usually avoid sliced turkey, because it does not go down as well, so I did turkey bbq since its chopped. Well suddenly there was pain--I could not breath, then the sliming, more pain, etc. Throat was agitated today and my chest fills like someone punched me in it, so I knew I was swollen for sure. Drinking shakes and tea in between. May try some Soup later since I am feeling a little better.

Anyway, I am on a mission. I want to lose 35lbs by January 14, 2011--my one year bandiversary:lol: . That will make me reach my goal of losing 100lbs (this excludes the 30 lost prior to the pre-op diet loss that already puts me over 100). Trying to do this during the holidays may make it bit of a lofty goal, but I am going to try because if I do not even try, I have already failed as they say. My first step is that I will not be doing all that baking I do when I am home, unless it is very healthy and stepping up my workouts-I get the last two weeks of in December starting on the 20th--my goal is to excersise everyday of those two weeks even 30 minutes Christmas morning. Yeah sounds good in black and white, but hey at least I have a plan! lol

Shads,

You have time and you can do it. Having a plan certainly helps!

The changes to the site are really getting on my nerves! I just get fed up and stop using the site for awhile.

Now I can't change my ticker. If I try to get a new one all my graph stuff from the past 1 1/2 years is lost.

The changes to the site are really getting on my nerves! I just get fed up and stop using the site for awhile.

Now I can't change my ticker. If I try to get a new one all my graph stuff from the past 1 1/2 years is lost.

Graph stuff?

Good morning, bandsters!

Monday is my official weigh in day so I am officially claiming the 223 pounds...and that despite a 4 day holiday weekend!

So off to do my morning Wii Fit hour and see if I can't get that scale to drop a few more pounds by next Monday! Woohoo!

Melody

Shads,

You have time and you can do it. Having a plan certainly helps!

Thanks. I seriously going to reduce my carbs and basically follow the pre-op diet right after Christmas to boost my loss into January, but going to journal so I know the amount of carbs I can eat and still lose--my NUT, says 100 grams of carbs, but I just feel that is too high. If you have time, send me some of your low carb menus/daily meals you followed!

This fill is bangin'! I've lost four pounds since my weigh-in day (Wednesday), and I still have two more days. It's very interesting to actually feel restriction.

Something I struggle with is that my dear man, upon seeing me reach the point during the meal where I'm having trouble, likes to ask, "Are you all right?" about 8 times. When you get that moment of "I'll be okay, I just need to wait this out," it's such a pain to have to respond to someone. I'm trying not to snap on him!

Also, my stepdaughter who now lives with us, age 14, does not know that I had the surgery (she moved in with us in August), and she can't just think that I'm having a bad reaction to antibiotics forever, can she? I have not had eating issues hardly at all up to this fill and a tad for the previous fill. I recently had toe surgery and am taking antibiotics -- Eddie and I just mentioned to her that my stomach is upset because of the medicine. Ack! I hate lying, but I certainly don't want her to know. I love her to death, but she'd likely tell her friends, many of which are my former students. I just don't want my biz out there like that. Does anyone live with people who don't know? I don't know how long I can keep this up. I'm sure I'll have an incident in front of her at some point.

my NUT, says 100 grams of carbs, but I just feel that is too high. If you have time, send me some of your low carb menus/daily meals you followed!

I'm thinking 'NUT' is a good name for these folks. <_< Yes 100gm of carbs would not qualify as 'low carb'. Some people go as high as 60, but I've never heard of anyone 'low carbing' above that and even then, those doing 60 were more 'maintenance' low carb. I think Betsy keeps hers under 30. Right now I'm keeping my carbs below 25 but am starting to slowly creep them upwards so I can have more vegies (green Beans, broccoli, etc.). You could easily start out with 40-45 carbs and that's enough to easily have vegies with your meals but you'd want to track your food in fitday.com because there are hidden carbs in so many things and it's easy to add another 20+ carbs in without even knowing it. For example, a sugar free mint is 2 carbs. Have 10 of those little puppies through the day and there go your carbs! Some foods, like eggs, have carbs in them...minimal but when you add them to all the others...yep no more low carb.

My days don't vary much:

Breakfast is always 2 eggs, 2 sl bacon because it gets me through the morning.

lunch is always 3-4 oz of Protein and a small salad or a cup of low carb vegies

dinner is the same

If I need it, I'll eat either eat 2 ounces of cheese mid meal or a low carb Protein Drink made with unsweetened almond milk.

My calories come in around 1200 and carbs are about 25.

I really REALLY hate this site now! It doesn't email me anymore when people reply :angry: Here I thought you all were just being very very quiet. I had the most horrible night last night. I almost went to the ER at 1:30am. I am thinking it was some sort of heartburn, except it wasn't in my chest...my back was KILLING me. Kept me up for 4 hours until I remembered that I have leftover narcotic painkillers from surgery and popped one and it went away in about 30mins and I got to sleep for about 2 more hours. So got to call the dr AGAIN today. I was told that we can still wait until my scheduled UGI & appt for Dec 16th, but if it happens again go straight to the ER. They are not seeming very optimistic :( :( :( . I was told that sometimes after a slip/dilation that the body can't handle the restriction of the band ever again. I am almost ready to say I give up. I feel totally fine today (except still some tightness in the chest). Even when my back was hurting, no reflux and I can eat normally, but I was told if the UGI looks bad again then the band has failed me and I can't have a band at all. Thanksgiving was good. I cooked for the 1st time and I didn't kill anyone. Glad to hear that most of you had a good Turkey Day! It's also good to hear from everyone who has been gone awhile!

Jacki: Don't know what to tell you about 'not telling' your stepdaughter. I would do something stuid and it would just slip out so I don't even go there. Plus, I wouldn't know how to explain to my kids why lying is not ok, but I was doing it. Understand that I'm not making a judgment on you or your child raising methods here...just that it would've been a problem for me. Heck, we didn't even do the whole Santa Claus or Easter bunny thing here for the same reason.

Stacy: Good vibes (see me wiggling my fingers in voodoo queen fashion? :D Here's hoping that it's something totally unrelated and you don't lose your band! Just curious...if they do have to take it out, are you considering revision to a sleeve?

Melody

You know it's going to be a questionable day when you're awake before the coffeepot timer gets the coffee going *and* the auto thermostat turns the heat up. :blink:

Well the scale is still 'maintaining' this morning but I'm good with that. I figured the caloric difference between what I need to maintain my current weight and what I need to maintain my goal weight is exactly 1000 calories a day so if I stick to 1100 calories, I *might* lose 2 lbs a week. That means no bad days of 1800 calories. That's almost too depressing to think about...so I won't (a la Scarlett O'Hara).

Today is my final 'get it all together' day for my son's Christmas package. Supposedly, if I don't get it in the mail by Dec. 1st, they don't guarantee it will get to Afghanistan before Christmas...and as usual, I left it until the last minute. So today, I have to vacuum pack the beef Jerky we made, wrap his gifts, bake the fruitcake and finish sewing my son's stocking. I had this bright idea to take some old ACU's (camo jackets) that he threw out (and I rescued) to make him a Christmas stocking. My husband made a replica of his 2nd Lieutenant's bar to put on it and an orange ribbon (like the one on his hat) that identifies him as Signal Corp. Then I'm going to make a second one for his wife...and make her a 1 star general. We bought extra stars so everytime he gets a promotion, she gets does too. :P

So, a very busy day and I should get on with it.

Melody

What a great group of women...I've enjoyed reading your posts, and your positive supportive attitudes. I'm laura from Texas and was banded on 11/24/10. Self pay low bmi, and I haven't told my kids. So in this Sawyer, we are alike. I don't consider it lying, lol elfie, our family didn't do the whole santa thing either! I just consider it extreemely private. Like my sex life...I have one, I just don't talk about it with my kids. I didn't want them to know 1. didn't want them to worry, and 2. I've never spent this much on myself in my life, and we don't have a lot of extra money around, and I guess I still think I should somehow be spending this money on the kids. (I paid for this by cashing out my ex husbands 401K that I got in the divorce...It's totally worth it to me to have to work a few extra years in order to get quality of life NOW...but, teenagers may not see it that way) AND 3. I did NOT want my ex to know, and I didn't think it was fair to ask the kids to keep something like this from him. So the "burden" so to speak, rests upon my shoulders. One thing I have mentioned to my boyfriend, which may or may not help with your dear man, is "please don't talk about my eating or food at the table" I know what I can and can't handle, and if I need your help, I will ask." I know they are concerned, but we are big girls (HA!) and are in charge of our bodies. FINALLY!

Hi there, Laura! I agree...using your ex's 401k to get a band is an excellent use of the money! You dropped some of your dead weight in the divorce ;), now (thanks to him) you can drop the rest.

Absolutely agree about some things being private. For me, not telling them is perfectly acceptable, but I (note the emphasis on 'me') would have a problem with lying about it. If I got stuck at the table, I'd just say 'something went down wrong'...cuz it did. :D

Melody-- Ha Ha on the dead weight!

Welcome Laura!

Sawyer-- The only consideration that I have for not telling the kids is when my band was at its tightest, my eating looked very similar to an eating disorder. Because my son and step kids are all teenagers I tried not to eat around them. Congrats on the great fill!

Stacie-- I hope your feeling better.

Shammah-- Good luck with the low carb. It seems to help me.

Crystl-- Don't leave us! (I hate the site too but I am going to muddle through)

Well I weighed this morning, 135.0 on the button. I'm glad I didn't weigh yesterday! So back to clean eating for a few days to get back to the 132-133 range.