Jenny Craig combines meal delivery with one-on-one counseling. You work with a consultant to develop a meal plan and discuss goals, progress, and strategies. You eat 6 delivered meals and snacks: 3 meals, and 3 snacks per day. The diet has about 1,200 calories per day.
- Personalized support can help you stay on track.
- You don’t need to do much grocery shopping or cooking until you get near goal weight.
- You track your meals online, and any meal tracking can help you stay on track.
- Meals are small, so they are consistent with your weight loss surgery diet.
- Everything is processed.
- It’s not cheap. You pay a monthly fee for your plan, plus the cost of food. Prices for food can range from $16 to $23 per day, or $112 to $161 per week.
- The diet isn’t necessarily high-protein. Most snacks are low-protein, and some offerings have a lot of sugar.
- You might get sick of the food. There are 70 meals and snacks to choose from, but you’re eating 6 a day. That means that if you try them all, you’ll go through them all within 10 days.
Jenny Craig and Weight Loss Surgery
If you’re going to use Jenny Craig after weight loss surgery, make sure you get enough protein. Read the nutrition information of each meal and snack before you order it to make sure you’re hitting your 65-85 grams of protein per day. You can do this by selecting 3 meals with 15-20 grams of protein, and 3 snacks with 5-10 grams.
Also, keep in mind that your weight loss surgery should lead to a lifestyle change. When you get near your goal weight on Jenny Craig, you’ll need to learn how to prepare your own healthy meals as you stop eating pre-made delivered meals.