Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 8th & 9th Gastric Bypass surgery.

Hey guys! Saw my Dr. On tuesday for my first post op. He said everything was looking good and moved me onto soft foods! Woooo! I've started walking through some local woods for my exercise (I get bored easily). I'm almost 15 pounds down!

Alorale... That's awesome, congrats.

Edited by angelicHG7

I have some fabulous news! I may have not lost much weight, but check out these results:

Aug 25th 2014:

Weight: 311.4

BMI: 49.5%, Fat Mass 153.5 lbs

Sept 7th 2014: -day before surgery-

Weight: 297.8

BMI: 49.1%, Fat Mass 146.5 lbs

Sept 25th 2014: -2wks post-op-

Weight: 288.6

BMI: 47.8%, Fat Mass 138.0 lbs

That. Is. Awesome!!!!!

Congrats.

I know that has to feel great.

Wow congrats on you beginning of your new life I'm Clara is for in tomorrow for my surgery. I totally feel like you did both nervous and excited. I can't to begin my new life as well. Keep us posted I'll do the same.

@ Alorale, you're doing awesome, you must be proud of yourself! Congrats

@mightyschratt............... Good for you, remember, our weight isn't going to come off as fast as the younger

generation, but that's OK, cause not only are we getting older, we're getting better

Hugs,

Jodi

Not sure how to use this site, so please forgive me. Had RNY surgery Sept 8th and still a little nauseated. Difficulty getting all the fluids and Proteins in but taking soft foods . Lost 25 lbs so far. Still have some sharp Right quadrant abdominal pains when rising from a sitting position.

Jrachel.... Are you still doing liquids at this point to have you started mushy foods?

I noticed that I do better with ready to drink Protein vs. powders.

I had a rough post-op RNY course (surgery 9/8/2014) due to chest pain from the gas pressing on my diaphragm. Also became incontinent of urine for 2 days after removal of the Foley catheter on day#1. Was walking on the first day. Everything is back to normal now . Was in hospital 3 nights. Had a lot of abdominal and chest pain and was very emotional, crying constantly . I think it was hormonal- no crying or emotional distress at all now. I have a 4 week leave of absence from work. I would not have been ready to go back at week 2 but think I could manage at week 3 if needed. Luckily I have a lot of vacation time to supplement my leave, so I will stay at home for 4 weeks . My only issue is residual right upper quadrant sharp pain when rising from a sitting position. Not taking any pain meds now though. Still struggle with nausea and missing the mark on sufficient fluids and Protein some days. Had severe Constipation even on colace at home. Also took Miralax and XLax with no results. Finally ate 4 pitted prunes--a miracle! I have found the prunes work best for me and I do not have difficulty getting them down. I using GNC amplify Protein Powder which has 120 calories and 20 grams Protein. I think the taste is ok in both vanilla and chocolate. So far have lost 25 lbs in last 4 weeks (2 weeks preop and 2 weeks postoperative). Open to any suggestions to help my nausea. --Rachael

post-235500-14117831338039_thumb.jpg post-235500-14117831516086_thumb.jpg

I have not had any nausea issues so I doubt I would be any help.

Sorry you had such a hard time... But thankfully you are doing better now.

You should try pure Protein in the can and see if your Protein issues are texture issues.

Angelic- I will try some of the non-powder Protein Shakes to see if I notice a change in the nausea. I am eating some soft food now but only manage a few bites. I am finding that I tend to eat too many bites, so I am backing down the bites of soft food. I have tried putting fresh fruit in my Water as a flavor-it seems to be easier to drink.

My nutritionist says to try all different type of Water.... Tap, filtered and brands of bottled Water. She says to try it at different temps as well because everyone is different and it may just be what you are drinking and the way you are drinking it.

I did that and I can now drink more water easily.

My nutritionist says to try all different type of Water.... Tap, filtered and brands of bottled Water. She says to try it at different temps as well because everyone is different and it may just be what you are drinking and the way you are drinking it.

I did that and I can now drink more water easily.

I'm 12 days post op and down 10 pounds. But my concern is I'm not getting my Protein bc frankly it's disgusting and I can't stand it and second my chewable multi Vitamin is also nasty. I have no appetite and I just feel blaaaah!!