Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 8th & 9th Gastric Bypass surgery.

Hey guys! I'm new to this thread but I also had RNY on Sept 8th.... How is everyone else getting along???

Welcome... We have been a pretty lucky bunch so far. How are you? What has your journey been like so far? How are you tolerating drinks/food?

It has been pretty good thus far! I only spent one night in the hospital. My incisions have been itching terribly and have a rash around them but I think that might be due to my allergy of Norco (the pain med) which I've been treating with Benadryl. Crystal light is my best friend right now, I am struggling with Water a little bit. It seems to hit my stomach like a rock. I have tolerated all my Soups and puddings well. I have already lost 12 pounds since the surgery date so that is super exciting! I've had a little bit of stomach pain the past few days, I think I've been pushing myself to do too much. But overall I haven't had too many hiccups!

Same here on the crystal light.... I also drink hot and iced tea. I feel like I can drink everything pretty easily but as soon as I take a sip of water.... I feel crappy. I start burping with the smallest sip. It just makes me feel horrible.

I've only lost 8 lbs since my surgery on the 8th and I have to admit I'm a little bummed. I've even been doing everything right too.

I'm the same... Down 8 pounds but I feel like it should have been more. I keep telling myself not to panic because I have read all about this but it's hard.

I have a trick for cottage cheese..... I really HATE the stuff. I learned years ago at Weight Watchers (ugh!) that if you add SF Jello mix to cottage cheese it really tastes good! Use any flavor you like! Don't need the whole box, just sprinkle it in until you can't taste the cottage cheese.

I have a trick for cottage cheese..... I really HATE the stuff. I learned years ago at Weight Watchers (ugh!) that if you add SF Jello mix to cottage cheese it really tastes good! Use any flavor you like! Don't need the whole box, just sprinkle it in until you can't taste the cottage cheese.

wow great tip I'm going to try It thanks :)

SheriL1

That's a really good trick with the cottage cheese and Jello. I don't like cottage cheese either,that may change my mind and it's good Protein.

I guess it depends on who you know. Most strangers wouldn't buy opened containers/bags.

I didn't buy much before surgery because I read about too many ppl not liking it or being sick of drinking it. The powders are way too thick to me now and that makes them hard to drink. So I will have to stick to the ready-to-drink stuff.

I had an ounce of these Shirataki noodles mixed into the homemade spaghetti sauce I made for my family. It was perfect for this stage of my diet.

post-189670-14114277647182_thumb.jpg post-189670-14114277942385_thumb.jpg

OMG.... I just bought those at Walmart yesterday. I have been curious about them for over a year but I never saw them in any store until now.

Good to know they are good.