Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

Guess I should add this as well.

#1. Surgery date? 2/11/10

#2. State you live in? NJ

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Andrei, St Barnabas

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance

#5. Age and height 25, 5'5

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 233/140

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery?I want a normal life.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? My parents. Haven't gotten into it with anyone else.

#8. Concerns and questions? Never been in surgery before or under anesthesia, so I'm scared out of my mind.

I'm 5 days away from surgery and I'm getting nervous, too. I have my pre-op physical with my PCP tomorrow, then I will have completed all of the requirements for this whole ordeal. It's been an 18 month process. I am ready to get it done, but anxious as well. I'm on day 9 of the 1200 calorie, high Protein liquid diet and it's getting old. The Protein Drinks really do help curb the physical sense of hunger, but the head hunger/cravings are still there. Hang in there, rock_bottom_enthusiast!

I am forcing myself to drink these things.......I sooo do not want to have a "meal" because I know my shake follows shortly after.......Yuck!

A little dramatic, I know, but I'm sick of them all the same. :)

Hey are you allowed to choose your own Protein mix? If so I highly recommend Syntrax Nectars, very tasty. I have the lemon iced tea, Roadside Lemonade (so tart and tangy), fuzzy navel and chocolate truffle. Mixes easily in Water, high protein & low carb.

I am back home and gassy, but doing ok. I've written my whole band day story on my blog, if anyone is interested.

Thanks for all the support everyone! :sifone:

Well today is the day. I can't believe its here. I am so excited, nerves, and scared all in one.

Good luck....everything will be just fine!

#1. Surgery date? 2-3-10

#2. State you live in? AZ

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Robin Blackstone/Piper

#4. Insurance or self pay? self pay

#5. Age and height - 47 and 5' 3"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 215 current 125 (maybe)

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and being here for my family in a healthy way.

I want to start enjoying life again

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes, but have not shared with friends yet what I have done. Only a few.

Called to get my surgery time on Monday and they told me to be there at 5 and my surgery is at 7.... I said, "AM"? and she said, "Yes". I live over an hour away from the hospital and it's winter........yep, arranged for a dog sitter and reserved a hotel room. That's ok though...I manage a hotel and was able to get an employee discount I treated myself to a suite the night before surgery! Whirlpool tub here I come! Maybe it will let me relax and go to sleep................ yeah, who am I kidding.

Hello,

1. Feb.22

2. Chicago, Il

3. Dr. Elli

4. Insurance and out of pocket(appox. $2,500)

5. 39 and 5'8

6. current weight 288 goal weight 170

7. I want to feel more comfortable in public places and feel good about myself.

8. I have support from most people but afraid to tell my mother. I going to have to tell her soon because she's going to have to take me to the surgery.

9. Concerned about band slipping, my body not accepting it.

I'm getting banded with a good friend of mines. Me and her both decided its time for a change. I prayed about this for along time. I just have to put my faith in the Lord's hands. We're going to do great!!!!

Here I go!

#1. Surgery date? February 25th, 2010

#2. State you live in? Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr Laurent Layani, Gold Coast Obesity Centre (Circle of Care Program)

#4. Insurance or self pay? Private Heath Insurance + co-contribution of $6,200 (which has been approved from payment as an early release of my superannuation benefits)

#5. Age and height? 38 and 5'1

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 224 (102kgs) and 143 (65kgs) goal

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Health mainly - High blood pressure, Fluid retention, joint pain and limitations on what I can do physically. Also due to family history of obesity, diabetes, heart attack, stroke - i'm heading down that road.... and for myself and my family - I need to feel better, be more active and be around for them in the future.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes. Only me husband and best friend know, and that's the way I want it at the moment as I do not need or want the added pressure - I will be putting enough on mydelf!

#8. Concerns and questions? Yes, lots - I'm a born worrier.

I like structure and routine - so setting out a meal plan and schedule will be easy. Petrified of the actual surgery. My hubbys a chef - so the luxury of food will be a big thinks that I miss - but hey - it's all for the best and no use having negative thoughts - you need to think positively to assist yourself to have the best chance of coming out the other side.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone is going - especially those earlier in the month.

Thinking Thin Thoughts,

Tracey:tongue:

Thanks for listening and good luck!

Edited by shortstuff

I am angry with myself too - I know I've done damage to myself that I may not ever be able to reverse. I can't understand why I'm not strong enough to lose this weight on my own.

I know there's a small chance of things not going perfectly or that I may not adjust well to the band - but I am 100% positive I will continue to gain weight, my blood pressure will get worse, I will have some form of Diabetes and die (to early) of some obesity related disease if i don't do this.

I am angry because I have failed to take care of myself the way I should have. I am angry my daughter may have picked up on my poor Portion Control and grazing habits.

I have a chance at turning things around and I don't want to regret not taking control and doing something about it.

I have to be positive and think of the future and what may be.

Aytime you need to vent or help over a hurdle I'll do my best to help and listen - we all need support. Support can come in many different ways. Counseling may be a good option if you can afford it or support can even come from strangers :lol:

I love your honesty. I don't know if I was as honest with myself when I started my journey. What I can tell you now in my fourth year since surgery, and maintaining a normal BMI for more than 2 years, is that this tool can change your life, if you are willing to be honest with yourself, and really learn how to use this tool, and surround yourself with other people who are learning or have learned how to use the tool. I stayed "in the closet" about my surgery but decided that I needed to put my story out there, especially for folks like you on this thread, who need to know that there are successful people out there, who can help make the journey easier to navigate. Please check out my blog (it documents my journey from the time I first started thinking about WLS, exploring the options ( I was scared and confused), preparing for surgery, recovering,transforming and finally maintaining). I just started to post, so you can follow the journey. Please check out my blog at: http://www.gloriasbandedliving.com. Make sure to sign up for the download - 7 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before Lap-Band® surgery. There is also a list of grocery items to have on hand before LAP-BAND® surgery.

I'd really appreciate if you guys would give me feedback on my blog - Is it helpful to you? This is a labor of love.

Hey February folks - Good Luck on this phase in your journey! Just think, by valentines day next year, you'll be looking in disbelief at your before photos!

#1. Surgery date? February 24th, 2010

#2. State you live in? California

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Oliak/Chapman Medical Center

#4. Insurance or self pay? Private Heath Insurance

#5. Age and height? 40/5'2"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 215/130 goal

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Health - I have High blood pressure, prediabetes, joint pain, and high cholesterol.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes. Only my husband knows - for now.

#8. Concerns and questions? Yes. I worry that I won't lose weight even after surgery. I worry about the amount of skin that will be left "if" I lose weight. I worry about all of the "bad" things that I have read about happening to me-vomiting, being able to eat too much, etc.

Miss Seeann, it could be posible that you are allergic to something in the shakes. Talk to the nut or dr about using something different post op so you can avoid unhappiness with the throne.

You were totally right. I changed to the Bariatric Advantage shakes and no more tummy aches and problems! Thank you so much for the advice, I was miserable!

weight.png

#1. Surgery date? 2/3/10

#2. State you live in? KY

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center?Dr Dewayne Smith Tristate Surgical Weightloss

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance/self

#5. Age and height 26 5' 4''

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 260/150

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes

#8. Concerns and questions? This liquid diet is difficult miss real food.< /span>

I'm going to be banded in less than 24hours! I'm on Clear Liquids today.........fun, fun.

packed my bag yesterday.......Gas-X, chapstick, ear plugs, book, med's I'm soon going to be off, warm socks, lotion, comfy loose clothes to come home in, etc..... I'm even prepared for my period to start since I've heard that many women do after surgery.

Good luck guys.....I'll post my experience in a couple days or so....

Called to get my surgery time on Monday and they told me to be there at 5 and my surgery is at 7.... I said, "AM"? and she said, "Yes". I live over an hour away from the hospital and it's winter........yep, arranged for a dog sitter and reserved a hotel room. That's ok though...I manage a hotel and was able to get an employee discount I treated myself to a suite the night before surgery! Whirlpool tub here I come! Maybe it will let me relax and go to sleep................ yeah, who am I kidding.

Oh that sounds delicious! Enjoy the tub and if you are too anxious to sleep just hang out in the nice warm Water being mellow. Sending big hugs and happy thoughts.

Guess I should add this as well.

#1. Surgery date? 2/11/10

#2. State you live in? NJ

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Andrei, St Barnabas

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance

#5. Age and height 25, 5'5

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 233/140

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? My parents. Haven't gotten into it with anyone else.

#8. Concerns and questions? Never been in surgery before or under anesthesia, so I'm scared out of my mind.

I was in the exact same situation. Be honest with the anesthesiologist when you meet him or her. I was worried I would seem like a chicken but the Dr. ended up taking a lot of extra time explaining the process step by step and it really put my mind at ease. Good luck!