Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some encouragement...

This isn't weight loss related but I feel like you all are my family....I found out last week my son will need to have some more surgery. For those that don't know he was born with an imperforate anus (he didn't have an anal opening) He has had 3 major surgeries all by the time he was 9 month old. So I thoght we were done for the most part. Well we aren't... I take him to today to have a test done so that the Dr can see how he is going to have to do the surgery. Please pray he can go in through the rectum and doesn't have to open up his abdamon (sp)...The healing time would be much quicker and less painful for him. I thought it was tough when he was a baby but know that he kinda knows what is going (he is 2 1/2) it is getting tougher...he is such a trooper he still doesn't cry when he see's a doctor and when they examine him he just looks at me and holds my hand. It just breaks my heart each and every time. I know I was giving Curtis for a reason and God doesn't give us more then we can handle...so he must think I am one strong person. I am very lucky to have my family living here and they are always with me. But I feel I just can't break down with them and here I feel I can say anything and I will get the support from friends. His surgery will be in 3 - 6 weeks depending on the Drs schedule and ours. My dad is working in St. Lois and wants to be here for it but we aren't sure if he is, if we can get is sooner then he will be able to make it. The closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas it gets the less likely he will be able to come.

Please just keep up in your thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks and I hope to be able to still join in the lunch on the 5th..this is the one time I can forget about all my worries. I am hoping they want schedule surgery that soon but if they do then I will have to call someone and check in with you all....;-) Ya'll are the best!!!! (and you know I will need a good laugh)

Oh Kim....poor babe another surgery. You know we will all be here for you if you need anything...even if it's just to vent on the unfairness of it all. It really is unfair that some have to such a struggle of things so young. But he will come ouf this like a trooper. I mean I've seen him move, he will be recovered and on the run again in no time I'm sure.

Try to stay away from extra food, if you find yourself needing to munch unneedlessly give one of us a call and chat away the emotions instead. I hope you can make it on the 5th too, but if not you will be in our thoughts and prays...you and your sweet little one.

Melissa

I am so sorry little Curtis has to go through this again. It is tough to see out little ones have to go through any kind of surgery. My prayers are with you both.

Strong thoughts of health and an easy surgery/recovery for your sweet boy!! :) My heart breaks thinking of small children and surgery. Tell him we're all thinking of him. HUGS!!!

You poor thing, nothing worse than a sick baby, and though he's 2 1/2, he will always be your baby. He sounds so sweet and is obviously coping with the whole situation with minimal problems. It was hard on you I'm sure when he had to have the other surgeries when he was so young, but the good thing about it was I doubt he will have any memories of it. I have a friend whose daughter was born with the same problem. She had 3 or 4 surgeries before 6 months of age and another at 3 years old. She's five now and everything seems to be going fine. She's in Kindergarten and is having no adverse problems, it appears they were able to completely correct the problem and build an anus for her. She's fully potty trained and doesn't seem to realize what happened to her.

I will keep you and your precious family in my thoughts and prayers. Remember you can always come here to 'break down' as needed. Sorry that you all have to go through this at all.

(((HUGS)))

Cindy

Kim,

I am so sorry to hear about the little man. It breaks my heart. I am sure everything will go well. Children are so resilient. He seems to be such a trooper to be able to go through this at the Doctor's office and not complain. What a strong little man you have. All you can do is love him and comfort him. Give him a big hug and kiss from us. Keep us posted on how he is doing.

Angie

Aw Kim, I'm really sorry and I know this is hard on you. What a guy you have. He's so cute and sweet and it's obvious he has strength beyond his years. I will be praying, just keep us updated on his surgery schedule and how you all are holding up. (((((HUGS)))))

I'm so sorry that your little boy has to have another surgery. You and your whole family will be in my thoughts!

Courtney

THANKS Everyone...see I knew that I could count on ya'll. We went for his test today and to my surprise is STILL constipated...We have been giving laxatives (sp) and enama's for the past week. The surgeon said he was better the other day but still had some stool in there. I didn't know how much until today when I saw it on the screen. Ok so now we wait...for the surgeon to get the results and then surgery will be scheduled and he will tell me how is going to do the surgery. Now lets just pray it's through the hinny and not a open surgery.

I have to say what a trooper I have...today at the test he laid on that table let them stick that tube up his little hinny and didn't cry at all. He just laid there and stared into my eyes and wouldn't let go of my hand. I could tell he was so scared but he was so strong for me. I just wanted to break down and cry. I think he is stonger them me.

Again thanks everyone...I will update you more next week when I know more. I am really hoping to have this over soon. Or if I need to just to let a little frustrations out you might hear from me.

Melissa...you might just get a phone call from me. :) You hit it right now...I am wanting to munch on everything. I am eater/ snacker when it comes to stress...not a good thing.

Kim,

gosh, nothing hurts more then a mother.

Which ever surgery the surgeon decides on, I pray for a complete recovery.

God bless~

The God of the Old Testament miracles is still the God of today. He loves that little child, and God's faithfulness is unswerving. If he can part the sea, feed four thousand with a few fish and loaves, and heal the masses, he can heal your son. I will pray for his intercession in this, and for grace and peace for your whole family

This too shall pass (uh...no pun intended!!!).

Jon

Kim,

I'm on-line from WV. God bless you and Curtis! I'll keep you both in my prayers! I won't be back on line until Monday, but you have my number if you need to call me!

Please keep us posted!

Karen