Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do liberals Hate Sarah Palin?

PattyGreen, Why must you self rightious born again idiots always have to move a Blog that has nothing to do with Religion and go there? Sarah is about as bright as your other favorite idiot Joe the Plumber, by the way..(anyone heard from him lately)? Thomas Jefferson one of this countries founding fathers wrote his own Jeffersonian Bible deleting most of the Jesus miracles. He was a Humanist and not a Christian! Even Ben Franklin was Unitarian/Universalist, not what you would consider a REAL Christian Denomination! Lets get back to LAP-BAND® Support Issues and leave the Fairy Tales to those that get comfort from them! And speaking about Fundamentalists, unless your Jewish, your no such thing! It all started with Abraham, Adam & Eve (who by the way committed INCEST) and everything from Moses to the present comes from the tap root of the tree faith...meaning if your a Christian or Moslem ....your still first an foremost a JEW! Now get over it! You Religious Zealots Make Me Sick!

Refrain from personal attacks, phil 1336. And hey, relax dude.

I guess it's to be expected that when your rhetoric doesn't work, you will hit below the belt and run and hide behind the cross. Ignorant fool. Your poor children! Teaching these views is abusive in my book. I hope your foster kids' CASA or GAL paying attention here.

That's straying from the debate, electrawoman. Please refrain from personal attacks.

"I recognize that there are people in the world, like you, who think the opposite of me, and I accept that."

Were you or were you not the one who said that you have a problem with homosexuals?

Just because I recognize that Homosexuality is sinful and that God is displeased with the concept, doesnt mean that I have a problem with it. I understand that all sin can be forgiven, and that all people do wrong every day. I, too, live with a sin that I can not control, and it is displeasing in God's eyes every day. The sin of gluttony.

Where is Patty's reprimand, sir?

Patty will get her reprimand in the hereafter. Only God can judge her. :scared2:

Has anyone noticed that Pattygreen has posted over 1600 messages here, yet only a handful (less than 10 maybe) have been band related?

Still praying for her...

Has anyone noticed that Pattygreen has posted over 1600 messages here, yet only a handful (less than 10 maybe) have been band related?

Still praying for her...

This is the rants and raves section of LBT. It is off the topic of lap bands. If you want to discuss your lap band, go somewhere else. When I first joined LBT, it was to learn more about the band. Now, I have had my band for over a year and talking about it is old news to me. Sorry to disappoint you.:eek:

Right Wing Extremism: A Clear and Present Danger by Faithful Progressive

Whether they admit it or not, the hate speech on talk radio and Fox News helps to create the climate of anti-government hysteria that feeds extremism. It's time for decent conservatives to distance themselves from Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly and the hostile misinformation and intentional deceit of Fox News. They are a danger to the Republic.

From Judith Warner's piece in the NY Times:The Wages of Hate: A lone gunman takes a life in a hate crime. Law enforcement officials describe him as acting alone.

But he’s not alone — not in spirit, at least....Hate group membership had been expanding steadily over the course of the past decade — fueled largely by anti-immigrant sentiment. But after Barack Obama’s election, it spiked. The day after the election, the computer servers of two major white supremacist groups crashed, because their traffic went through the roof, Mark Potok, director of the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Intelligence Project, which tracks right-wing extremists and hate groups, told me this week.

As the former Klansman and Louisiana state representative David Duke predicted last June, the face of the first black man in the White House was a “visual aid” for white supremacists, spurring a rapid rise in recruitment and radicalization.

“Rightwing extremists have capitalized on the election of the first African American president, and are focusing their efforts to recruit new members, mobilize existing supporters, and broaden their scope and appeal through propaganda,” the U.S. Department of Homeland Security reported this past April.

Paul Krugman: The Big Hate

..Now, for the most part, the likes of Fox News and the R.N.C. haven’t directly incited violence, despite Bill O’Reilly’s declarations that “some” called Dr. Tiller “Tiller the Baby Killer,” that he had “blood on his hands,” and that he was a “guy operating a death mill.” But they have gone out of their way to provide a platform for conspiracy theories and apocalyptic rhetoric, just as they did the last time a Democrat held the White House.

And at this point, whatever dividing line there was between mainstream conservatism and the black-helicopter crowd seems to have been virtually erased.

Exhibit A for the mainstreaming of right-wing extremism is Fox News’s new star, Glenn Beck. Here we have a network where, like it or not, millions of Americans get their news — and it gives daily airtime to a commentator who, among other things, warned viewers that the Federal Emergency Management Agency might be building concentration camps as part of the Obama administration’s “totalitarian” agenda (although he eventually conceded that nothing of the kind was happening).

But let’s not neglect the print news media. In the Bush years, The Washington Times became an important media player because it was widely regarded as the Bush administration’s house organ. Earlier this week, the newspaper saw fit to run an opinion piece declaring that President Obama “not only identifies with Muslims, but actually may still be one himself,” and that in any case he has “aligned himself” with the radical Muslim Brotherhood.

There are some great exercise and food topics here on LBT. I'll send you some links, sweetie pie.

Edited by Electrawoman

Extremism in Connecticut - Summary

Extremism in Connecticut

Summary

The public often associates extreme anti-government or hate groups with remote, rugged states in the Pacific Northwest or the rural South. Despite these perceptions, extremism in America is spread far and wide. New England is home to its share of extreme groups and movements, just as are the Pacific Northwest and the South.

Connecticut -- despite its small size -- has witnessed some of the most intensive and varied forms of extremist activity. From anti-government "sovereign citizens" and tax protesters to virulent hate groups like the World Church of the Creator and the Klan, extreme ideologies have taken root in Connecticut's soil.

In recent years, Connecticut has experienced a breadth and scope of extremist activity surprising for its size. While some formerly popular extremist groups are now on the decline, others are growing, and are becoming increasingly active and vocal within communities throughout the state. The impact of the Internet and other new media will make Connecticut, like other states, even more vulnerable to new extremist movements that originate elsewhere.

The Ku Klux Klan

Of the different extreme groups or movements that have operated in Connecticut, perhaps the most visible over time has been the Ku Klux Klan.

The Invisible Empire, Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (IE) had the greatest impact. At its peak in the early 1980s, it was the largest Klan group in the country, with the Connecticut unit, one of the most active IE chapters.

1986, in a major departure from Klan tradition, James Farrands, a Connecticut Klan leader, was named Imperial Wizard.. Farrands was not a typical Klan leader; for one thing, whereas the Klan was historically anti-Catholic, Farrands himself was Catholic and openly recruited other Catholics. Farrands maintained other Klan traditions, however, especially regarding confrontations and violence.

The Invisible Empire finally collapsed in the early 1990’s but a new group, the Unified Klan emerge. Connecticut's Unified Klan (UK) conducted itself like the Klan of old.

By 1993, right-wing extremist groups across the country were becoming larger and more militant, in part as a reaction to the controversial standoffs at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, in 1992, and Waco, Texas, in 1993. Connecticut became one of the first states in the country to experience this resurgence in January 1994 that local, state and federal law enforcement agents arrested six members of the Connecticut UK on a variety of conspiracy and weapons charges.

The 1994 arrests caused Klan activity in Connecticut to decline significantly, but it never disappeared entirely. Near the end of the decade, in fact, the Klan showed signs of life once more. Klan activity picked up in 1999 and 2000

It is difficult to estimate accurately the membership of Connecticut Klansmen today. The Klan in Connecticut as elsewhere has suffered from the trend by many would-be members or supporters to move toward more "fashionable" racist groups such as the World Church of the Creator

Yet while their numbers are small, the threat posed by the Klan remains real

World Church of the Creator (WCOTC)

One of the most publicized white supremacist groups in the United States in recent years has been the World Church of the Creator (WCOTC), led by Matt Hale, the Church's "Pontifex Maximus." Over the years, Church members have also been linked to a number of violent crimes around the country. The WCOTC thus entered the new century with a deserved reputation for hate and violence.

The exact number of WCOTC members in Connecticut is not known, although WCOTC members and publications have claimed at different times several different chapters,

Just as Connecticut Klansmen engaged in illegal acts, members or supporters of the Connecticut WCOTC chapter committed several crimes during the group's brief history in the state.

The most brutal crime to date in Connecticut attributed to a WCOTC member.took place in August 2000, when WCOTC member John Barletta, an inmate, serving a life sentence for murdering his cellmate, brutally attacked and disfigured the warden of the Northern Correctional Institution at Somers, with a knife made out of a razor blade.

Barletta's case illustrates not only the propensity of WCOTC members for violence, but also the attraction that WCOTC has for people who may have a propensity for violence. "Creativity," which bills itself as a "warrior religion" and adopts the slogan "Rahowa" (for "racial holy war"), may easily be used to rationalize violent acts or tendencies.

For the WCOTC, as for many other extremist groups, prisoners may be potential recruits; Iimprisoned WCOTC embers may actively engage in a variety of propagandizing or proselytizing activities. It is through such efforts that prisoners such as Barletta learn about and become attracted to groups like WCOTC. Once a member, he helped form and lead a chapter made up of other inmates.

National Alliance

The National Alliance, an openly revolutionary neo-Nazi organization one of the largest and most well-established of all hate groups has recently established a foothold in Connecticut.National Alliance cells (called "units" or "proto units," depending on their size) are usually better organized and more disciplined than other white supremacist groups.

Connecticut currently has few National Alliance members--only enough to qualify for "proto unit" status, as opposed to full unit status. The creation of a Web page for Connecticut members suggests there may be increased activity in the future.

'Refined' Racism: The Council of Conservative Citizens

Not all hate groups operating in Connecticut are crudely or blatantly racist as the World. Since the 1990s, perhaps the most prominent of these groups has been the Council of Conservative Citizens (CofCC).

The Council co-opts both the language and issues of conservative causes in order to camouflage its true aim, which is to solidify what it believes to be the eroding power base of white Americans

Connecticut is served by the Tri-State Chapter of the CofCC. The majority of the tristate CofCC's membership is from New York and New Jersey, but there is an active contingent of Connecticut members within the organization, and it appears to be growing.

Militia groups and paramilitary organizations

New England states have played a role in the militia movement since its inception. Connecticut itself was a militia trailblazer of sorts for having had one of the earliest groups that could credibly be called a militia. Currently, the state harbors the “51st Militia,” which maintains close ties to the racist and anti-Semitic World Church of the Creator. Connecticut is also home to the Connecticut Survival Alliance (CSA), an online militia think-tank and discussion forum.

Sovereign Citizens in Connecticut

The “sovereign citizen” movement is a network of groups and individuals who have adopted a right wing, essentially anarchist ideology that has its origins in the beliefs of a group called the Posse Comitatus, which first emerged in the 1970s. Often those people who have suffered financial or other personal reverses are most susceptible to the lure of extreme antigovernment ideology. This has proven true for many of Connecticut’s anti- government extremists.

In Connecticut, as in the rest of the nation, bogus liens have been one of the sovereign citizen movement’s most popular harassing tactics for more than two decades. Bogus liens are placed not because there is any money owed, but rather simply as a way of punishing anyone running afoul of a sovereign. The placing of bogus liens became a popular tactic for anti-government activists who wanted to retaliate against law enforcement officials or other authorities.

Electrawoman - this happened in Pittsburgh last April when a man in his 20's - worried that Obama was going to take away his guns- executed 3 police officers when they arrived at his and his mother's home for a domestic dispute.

He was armed with assault weapons and had a bullet proof vest (illegal) and lying in wait for the officers. Someone like him didn't need much provocation - listening to the hate talk radio, tv and internet sites feeds these people with fear, hate and propoganda. They incite people, especially those who are bent in that direction and whose mental stability is not good. They bear some resposibility for these crimes.

Electrawoman, As a courtesy to you, and for the life of me I don't know why I feel I should be courteous, I just wanted to let you know that I have you on ignore. You are the first person here that I have ever done this to, but you are too immature for me to deal with. I prefer to talk to people who have some self esteem and don't resort to insults or childish name calling. I won't be able to view your posts any longer, and frankly, I prefer it that way. Sorry to wreck your fun! Bye now.

What name did I call her again? Ohhhhh "sweetie pie". That's just plain evil! Ha ha.

Back on topic to Sarah Palin.

I personally hope she runs for POTUS in 2012. I will be glued to the TV, Internet and any other news outlet that will run her interviews on foreign policy, domestic policy, gay marriage Prop 8, what she thinks about magazines, abortion or ANY subject she might think to speak on. I will await with baited breath on any subject she wants to speak. Except with Fake News which will probably have a ghost speaker pretending to be Palin.........

Saw this line the other day.....

"I stand by the truth so I don't have to stand by the Republicans" Same can be said for Palin and Flux Noise,

classic........

Back on topic to Sarah Palin.

I personally hope she runs for POTUS in 2012. I will be glued to the TV, Internet and any other news outlet that will run her interviews on foreign policy, domestic policy, gay marriage Prop 8, what she thinks about magazines, abortion or ANY subject she might think to speak on. I will await with baited breath on any subject she wants to speak. Except with Fake News which will probably have a ghost speaker pretending to be Palin.........

.........why?