Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do liberals Hate Sarah Palin?

That's all exactly what I just said. I've read it too! And in addition, I also said ---you and the rest of us are all believing whatever we NEED to believe. People are on this board trying to tell us that we need to VOTE for American laws and American leaders and live our lives according to THEIR beliefs about who wrote the Bible, to what extent THEY think it's literally true, and what THEIR interpretation is. All I'm saying is that NOBODY knows the mind of God. NOBODY can PROVE who wrote the Bible and people who have certain beliefs about it do not have the right to make their beliefs into laws that the rest of us have to be subjected to. I'm a liberal -- which means if you don't agree with me you still get to live your own life according to your own beliefs even when my politician wins an election. When people like Palin get elected -- I and most other Americans LOSE our FREEDOM to choose. Those of us who have a different understanding of the Bible than you do must live in a society ruled by people who want us to live according to beliefs that we don't agree with. That is my point. That is why I don't like to see religion brought into political discussions.

Then maybe you should have chosen some other Nation besides a Christian one to live in. Because those of us who are Christians in this Christian nation want to live according to the moral standards of God as written in his word. Not that we want to enforce them ALL on everyone, for that would be iompossible, but when there is a controversial issue that is before us all, we should consider what God has to say about it when making any laws that have to do with it. Religion is about morality, and laws for people must uphold moral standards.

Then maybe you should have chosen some other Nation besides a Christian one to live in. Because those of us who are Christians in this Christian nation want to live according to the moral standards of God as written in his word. Not that we want to enforce them ALL on everyone, for that would be iompossible, but when there is a controversial issue that is before us all, we should consider what God has to say about it when making any laws that have to do with it. Religion is about morality, and laws for people must uphold moral standards.

This is far from a xtian nation!!

Perhaps you've heard of a little doctrine about separation of church and state?

In this day and age it makes me queasy to think that so-called intelligent adults still believe in the invisible man that sees all and knows all.

I'll be damned if those crazies are going to think they run this country as well.

Oh boy, here we go again with PG's lengthy, SELECTIVE historical "writings" about the fallacy of the separation of church and state idea. Our founding fathers, blah, blah, blah.

I would love to have one thread not morph into religion or our founding fathers.

Spare us PG: we've seen it all before.

Pattygreen can speak on any topic she wants wherever she wants. We all have to "stay on topic". At least that was what I was reprimanded for....not staying on topic. Pattygreen, gets to say what she likes regardless of topic. I haven't seen one reprimand about topic for her although darn near every day she vears off into never never land. My bad, not NNL but "stay on topic".

Stay on topic? Sarah Palin has been a has-been since last November.

She's a joke and we'll never see her running for national office again.

What is there to say about her that matters?

Every thread started by patty is a thread that was started so that she can pontificate to her little heart's content. Don't burst her bubble by telling her she's off subject. Religion is the center of her every thought. It helps take her guilt away.

Oh boy, here we go again with PG's lengthy, SELECTIVE historical "writings" about the fallacy of the separation of church and state idea. Our founding fathers, blah, blah, blah.

I would love to have one thread not morph into religion or our founding fathers.

Spare us PG: we've seen it all before.

Then stay clear of the threads I post on, because my life revolves around God and I could never cease to speak of Him. :blushing:

Every thread started by patty is a thread that was started so that she can pontificate to her little heart's content. Don't burst her bubble by telling her she's off subject. Religion is the center of her every thought. It helps take her guilt away.

No. Every thread that was started by me is of interest to me. I can't turn my face to the facts that every issue in life can be solved if people would turn from their desire to live without God ruling in their lives. It's quite disheartening when He gives us the answer to every controversial issue in debate and yet people don't want to hear his answers or even look into them.

See what I mean? I rest my case.

If we participate on patty's threads we are pandering to her pontificating. It's on us. We know, by experience, what she's up to. So either we put up with it or we don't play into it by getting sucked into posting on her threads. Every time we make a statement, it is another opportunity for her to do her thang.

I get into it with her because sometimes I find it fun and educational and it makes me feel better when I can punch holes in her logic. Why do you post on her threads?

Then stay clear of the threads I post on, because my life revolves around God and I could never cease to speak of Him. :blushing:

Then start a new forum, like I suggested elsewhere, entitled something like: " Pattygreen's biblical interpretations and beliefs" because all your posts eventually get there and get way off topic. And those who wish to debate your ideas about God as it relates to your life could enter that forum.

It's your inability to stay on topic, even the threads you start, that is unfair to those of us who have serious, intelligent, rational contributions.

Otherwise, be honest in the new threads you start and instead of them saying "Why do liberals hate Sarah Palin" entitle it "Why my biblical beliefs allow me to support Sarah Palin". :thumbup:

Edited by Cleo's Mom

If she or anyone else does not want to have a rational discussion regarding Palin, then I won't respond. PG's radical rantings are fun but tiresome, especially when she hasn't learned anything from them and disguises the thread with faux debating and religious rhetoric which has nothing to do with Palin and her hilarious intro into the political landscape. Now that Palin's book has went by the wayside, maybe she will start her bid for 2012. I for one am waiting with a yearning boarding on the pychotic for her to announce. I will have many stories beyond the obvious for my dinner parties..........

Edited by tdslf1