Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do liberals Hate Sarah Palin?

Its her simple ignorance.................

I try to use expert testimony or scientific facts, independent sources (like the CBO) and avoid those where scare tactics, emotional nonsense and outright lies prevail (examples would be death panels, Obama is a Muslim and wasn't born in US).

Or fact check which is funded by generous support of the US Government!:thumbup:

And how do you determine what is a scare tactic, emotional nonsence or an outright lie?

The CBO is about as trustworthy as everything else in Congress. It was funded by a 44 billion dollar grant from the government.

ANYTHING the government funds will put the government in the best light. period.

Its her simple ignorance.................

The Lord says that the wisdom of man is foolishness in his eyes. Many people seem to think that they are soooo intelligent, yet don't know their knee from thier elbow. It is those who love him and seek their wisdom from him that he provides intelligence to.

(The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Proverbs 9:10)

Just what facts do you have to support your statement that she is ignorant? For God tells us that those who love and fear Him are wise in his eyes. From what I can see from Sarah Palins lifestyle, she loves and fears God.

I like her but I really feel that if she wanted to run she should have stayed in the Gov. of Alaska. Now she is just a person with out a JOB. so now what do we have. Look at the deal what have you done lately? wrote a book, has a worthless young man as a father to a grand child. I am just calling it as it appears in the public eye. But I for one with the well placed running mate would vote for her. TIME FOR CHANGE (AGAIN)

Or fact check which is funded by generous support of the US Government!:thumbup:

And how do you determine what is a scare tactic, emotional nonsence or an outright lie?

I don't assume something funded by the government is automatically wrong like you do. That is irrational.

And scare tactics and emotional nonsense are not based in facts. They are what they are. But if said often enough and lied about often enough - enough stupid people will begin to believe them and then it won't matter that they aren't true.

For example: if I want information about embryonic stem cell research, I am not going to listen to Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin - I am going to listen to the doctors who actually work in that field. People like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh are not experts in anything. All they offer is their off the chart, bizzare right wing opinions and they sell it as entertainment. But again, if it sells, then some believe it must be true.

People please understand one thing if you take nothing from this conversation. Rush, Beck, O'Reilly, and Hannity are on TV to entertain, period. Regardless of the degree of outlandishness, distortions or outright lies. That is their job. You can't believe anything they say since it is their viewpoint that is being promoted and not necessarily the truth. They are good for a laugh, but that is it. I sometimes watch them just to see how the other half lives. I laugh my tail off at the obvious craziness that they say and am completely astonished that even one letter of what they say can be told as fact. When you take them as gospel, just because they said it, you have fallen into the trap of believing everything you hear on TV specifically Fake Noise. Problem with these characters (because they are characters created for entertainment) people actually believe that the government is out to get all their money already so their belief system is tapped into anyway. You can't change a mine that gets legitimate info from these characters and believes that govenrment is ALL bad. I could site some instances in which these characters lied, but why argue about that idiosy. They hold Palin up as a saint and Godly woman who must be better than the current government. I say maybe she is but she darn sure is not as smart and never will lead to her being in the White House, but I for one say give her a shot. Everybody deserves a shot. That is the American way.

I find myself wondering why I am even responding to this but I have made it my goal this year to get more involved in politics, instead of letting apathy and ignorance take over our country again.

I know this post wasn't put here because the original writer actually wanted an answer and these words will probably fall on deaf ears but maybe someone reading it will learn something. So here's a list I have compiled that may explain why some people do not want to vote for Sarah Palin if she runs for high office.

Sarah Palin Quotes:

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

2. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil." –-Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care plan, Aug. 7, 2009

3. "Who calls a shot like that? Who makes a decision like that? It's a disturbing trend." –Sarah Palin, pushing a conspiracy theory that "In God We Trust" had been moved to the edge of coins because of the Obama administration (the change was made by the Bush administration in 2007 and was later reversed by Congress, before Obama took office), West Allis, Wisconsin, Nov. 6, 2009

4. "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensoboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008

5. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

6. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

7. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

8. "[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008 (Watch video clip)

9. "They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in San Francisco, Oct. 5, 2008

10. "I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

Sarah Palin Lies:

Palin lied when she said the dismissal of her public safety commissioner, Walt Monegan, had nothing to do with his refusal to fire state trooper Mike Wooten; in fact, the Branchflower Report concluded that she repeatedly abused her power when dealing with both men.

Palin lied when she repeatedly claimed to have said, "Thanks, but no thanks" to the Bridge to Nowhere; in fact, she openly campaigned for the federal project when running for governor.

Palin lied when she denied that Wasilla's police chief and librarian had been fired; in fact, both were given letters of termination the previous day.

Palin lied when she wrote in the NYT that a comprehensive review by Alaska wildlife officials showed that polar bears were not endangered; in fact, email correspondence between those scientists showed the opposite.

Palin lied when she claimed in her convention speech that an oil gas pipeline "began" under her guidance; in fact, the pipeline was years from breaking ground, if at all.

Palin lied when she told Charlie Gibson that she does not pass judgment on gay people; in fact, she opposes all rights between gay spouses and belongs to a church that promotes conversion therapy.

Palin lied when she denied having said that humans do not contribute to climate change; in fact, she had previously proclaimed that human activity was not to blame.

Palin lied when she claimed that Alaska produces 20 percent of the country's domestic energy supply; in fact, the actual figures, based on any interpretation of her words, are much, much lower.

Palin lied when she told voters she improvised her convention speech when her teleprompter stopped working properly; in fact, all reports showed that the machine had functioned perfectly and that her speech had closely followed the script.

Palin lied when she recalled asking her daughters to vote on whether she should accept the VP offer; in fact, her story contradicts details given by her husband, the McCain campaign, and even Palin herself. (She later added another version.)

Palin lied when she claimed to have taken a voluntary pay cut as mayor; in fact, as council member she had voted against a raise for the mayor, but subsequent raises had taken effect by the time she was mayor.

Palin lied when she insisted that Wooten's divorce proceedings had caused his confidential records to become public; in fact, court officials confirmed they released no such records.

Palin lied when she suggested to Katie Couric that she was involved in trade missions with Russia; in fact, she has never even met with Russian officials.

Palin lied when she told Shimon Peres that the only flag in her office was the Israeli flag; in fact, she has several flags.

Palin lied when she claimed to have tried to divest government funds from Sudan; in fact, her administration openly opposed a bill that would have done just that.

Palin lied when she repeatedly claimed that troop levels in Iraq were back to pre-surge levels; in fact, even she acknowledged her "misstatements," though she refused to retract or apologize.

Palin lied when she insisted that the Branchflower Report "showed there was no unlawful or unethical activity on my part"; in fact, that report prominently stated, "Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act."

Palin lied when she claimed to have voiced concerns over Wooten fearing he would harm her family; in fact, she actually decreased her security detail during that period.

Palin lied when asked about the $150,000 worth of clothes provided by the RNC; in fact, solid reporting contradicted several parts of her statement.

Palin lied when she suggested that she had offered the media proof of her pregnancy with Trig to "correct the record"; in fact, no reports of her medical records were ever published; and the letter from her doctor testifying to her good health only emerged hours before polling ended on election day, even though there was nothing in it that couldn't have been released two months earlier.

Palin lied when she said that "reported" allegations of her banning Harry Potter as mayor was easily refutable because it had not even been written yet; in fact, the first book in that series was published in 1998 - two years into her first term - and such rumors were never reported by the media, only circulated as emails.

Palin lied when she denied having participated in a clothes audit with campaign laywers; in fact, the Washington Times later confirmed those details.

Palin lied when asked about Couric's question regarding her reading habits; in fact, Couric's words were not, "What do you read up there in Alaska?" or anything close to condescension.

Palin lied when she mischaracterized the "$1200 check" given to Alaskans as the permanent fund dividend check; in fact, that fund had yielded $2,069 per person, and she claimed otherwise to obscure the fact that Alaskans also received a $1200 rebate check from a windfall profits tax on oil companies - a tax widely criticized by Republicans.

Palin lied when she claimed to be unaware of a turkey being slaughtered behind her during a filmed interview; in fact, the cameraman said she had picked the spot herself, while the slaughter was underway.

Palin lied when she denied having rejected federal stimulus money; in fact, she continued to accept and reject the funds several times.

Palin lied when she claimed that legislative leaders had canceled a meeting with her to hold their own press conference; in fact, they only canceled it after being told she would not participate, and the purpose of the press conference was very different from the meeting's.

Palin lied when she announced on the news that she never holds closed-door meetings; in fact, she had just attended a closed-door meeting with the legislature earlier that day.

Palin lied when she said that former aide John Bitney's "amicable" departure was for "personal" reasons; in fact, Bitney said he was fired because of his relationship with the wife of Palin's friend, plus a Palin spokesperson later claimed "poor job performance" for his firing - without elaborating.

Palin lied when she said she kept her running injury a secret on the campaign trail; in fact, her bandaged hand was clearly visible in photographs and the story was widely talked about.

Palin lied when she claimed that Alaska has spent "millions of dollars" on litigation related to her ethics complaints; in fact, that figure is much, much lower, and she had initiated the most expensive inquiry.

Palin lied when she denied that the Alaska Independence Party supports secession and denied that her husband had been a member; in fact, even the McCain campaign noted that the party's very existence is based on secession and that Todd was a member for seven years.

Sarah Palin Actions:

1. She was elected Alaska's governor a little over a year and a half prior to the VP announcement. Her previous office was mayor of Wasilla, a small town outside Anchorage. She has no foreign policy experience.

2. She is strongly anti-choice, opposing abortion even in the case of rape or incest.

3. She supported right-wing extremist Pat Buchanan for president in 2000.

4. She thinks creationism should be taught in public schools.

5. She's doesn't think humans are the cause of climate change.

6. She supported McCain's "Big Oil first" energy policy.

7. McCain met Sarah Palin once at a meeting; then they spoke a second time when he called her about being vice-president; and then he offered her the position.

8. Her appearance on a morning "shock jock" radio show was described by the Anchorage Daily News as "plain and simple one of the most unprofessional, childish and inexcusable performances I've ever seen from a politician."

9. Palin supports gunning down wolves from airplanes.

10. She supports failed abstinence-only programs.

11. She is under investigation for allegedly abusing her power as governor to help her sister in a messy divorce.

12. She lied about her plans for the "Bridge to Nowhere."

13. She has big money ties to Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens, who has been indicted for political corruption.

14. She exploited her son's Iraq service for political gain.

15. During her time as mayor, Palin drove a town deep into debt.

16. She slashed funding for teen moms (ironic, isn't it?).

17. She thinks the war in Iraq is "a task that is from God."

18. She failed at running a car wash.

icon18_wrench_allbkg.png

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The First 100 Days: 100 of Obama's Lies, Blunders, Gaffes, and Abuses of Liberty

For the first hundred days of President Barack Obama's administration, here is a complete list of 100 blunders, mistakes, gaffes, and public policies that threaten our freedom:

1. Promising to "publish all non-emergency legislation to the website for five days... before the President signs it," then breaking that promise over and over again.

2. Despite promising to keep lobbyists out of his administration, Obama has broken his word again and again (making 17 exceptions to this promise in his first two weeks).

3. Obama promised to eliminate income taxation for seniors making less than $50,000 a year. He has broken this promise despite numerous opportunities to keep it, including the economic stimulus package and his administration's first budget proposal.

4. The President also boasted during his campaign that "During 2009 and 2010, existing businesses will receive a $3,000 refundable tax credit for each additional full-time employee hired," and has failed to keep his word.

5. Obama made it part of his agenda to "allow withdrawals of 15% up to $10,000 from retirement accounts without penalty (although subject to the normal taxes). This would apply to withdrawals in 2008 (including retroactively) and 2009," but didn't include this measure in the stimulus package or his budget proposal.

6. Obama broke his promise to recognize the Armenian Genocide.

7. Obama did a shameless 180 degree turn on earmarks by sharply criticizing them (and bragging that he would pass legislation without a single one) and then signing a spending bill with literally thousands of them.

8. Obama promised a $4000 tax credit for college tuition, but backpedaled when he signed a much smaller $2,500 college tax credit into law.

9. Obama

presidential "signing statements" (letters of interpretation and recommendations attached to Congressional legislation) unconstitutional... then attached a signing statement of his own to a $410 billion spending bill.

10. Obama promised a different tone in Washington D.C. and a move past bitter, partisan rhetoric. It took him less than a week as president to berate Republicans and sully the dignity of his office by picking a very public rhetorical fight with a private citizen, Rush Limbaugh.

Anti-Obama Merchandise:

Watching+You.jpg Dumb+and+Dumber.jpg Commander+in+Thief.jpg

11. In his first private meeting with Congressional Republicans, instead of "reaching across the aisle" and seeking earnest dialogue, he smugly told them that he should have his way because "I won."

12. The White House violated the custom of keeping private meetings private by leaking this comment to the press.

13. Taking a page out of the Bush Administration's playbook, Obama applied shrill, frantic, fear-mongering rhetoric to assure passage of his stimulus package.

14. Obama revealed the duplicity of his rhetoric and the arrogance of his character when he took off on a ritzy Valentine's Day vacation in Chicago for the weekend instead of signing the stimulus bill that he said needed to be passed as soon as possible to avert an irreversible economic meltdown.

15. Obama did not criticize Congress for its secrecy and closed-door committee meetings in crafting the stimulus package despite his calls for greater transparency in Washington.

16. Obama's appointment of Hillary Clinton to the office of Secretary of State was unconstitutional.

17. His movement of the United States Census out of the Department of Commerce and under the direct control of the White House was unconstitutional, politically motivated, and a dangerous, undemocratic expansion of executive power.

18. Obama's decision to continue Federal funding for religious organizations that discriminate on the basis of religion is unconstitutional and just plain unseemly for a "liberal" Democrat.

19. One promise Obama has kept is in his distribution of TARP II funds to non-financial institutions, which is contrary to the stated intention of those funds in the legislation passed by Congress, making his action illegal, unconstitutional, and an expansion of unlimited executive power.

20. Despite the buzz surrounding Obama's closing of Gitmo, indefinite detainment and torture are alive and well under Obama's administration with his chilling executive order to continue the practice of "CIA renditions" -secret abductions and transfers of prisoners to other countries where they are detained indefinitely and their interrogations are outsourced to other governments.

21. Backing "the continued imprisonment of enemy combatants in Afghanistan without trial."

22. Asking "the Supreme Court to overrule long-standing law that stops police from initiating questions unless a defendant's lawyer is present, another stark example of the White House seeking to limit rather than expand rights."

23. Limiting "the rights of prisoners to test genetic evidence used to convict them."

24. Despite claiming our environment is in a state of crisis, Obama's extravagant inauguration alone emitted over 500 million pounds of CO2.

25. His lavish inauguration also cost $170 million.

26. After saying "We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times... and then just expect that every country is going to say okay," journalists discovered that Obama cranks the thermostat in the Oval Office.

27. Obama's Earth Day flights burned more than 9,000 gallons of fuel.

28. The Obama Administration ended funding for Washington D.C.'s school voucher program, while suppressing a study that showed it delivered better results at a lower cost.

29. Obama's daughters however, attend a private school in Washington D.C., enjoying the freedom of educational choice that the Obama administration has denied to poor children who live in Washington.

30. Out-of-control deficit spending.

More Anti Obama Merchandise:

Bend+Over.jpg Europe.jpg Obama+Mistake.jpg

31. Blaming Bush for America's deficits, but then increasing spending.

32. This is after saying on the campaign trail: "There is no doubt that we’ve been living beyond our means and we’re going to have to make some adjustments."

33. Made a big show of challenging his cabinet to cut a measly $100 million from the Federal budget (a .0027% cut in Federal spending).

34. Admitting that this doesn't even represent a spending cut by saying that it will free up more money for Federal spending on other things like health and education.

35. Moving to convert U.S. Federal loans to banking institutions into common stock, effectively nationalizing major portions of the U.S. banking industry.

36. Forcing U.S. banks to accept TARP money, then attaching strings ex post facto.

37. Acting to oust corporate executives like the CEOs of GM and Citigroup.

38. Promising that the U.S. government (i.e. American taxpayers) will guarantee GM's warranty.

39. Every time Obama talks about the economy or signs economic legislation, the stock market tanks.

40. "We can't go back to a bubble and bust economy." President Obama on April 14, while touting the kind of inflationary monetary policies that cause bubble and bust cycles.

41. "The Obama administration is signaling to Congress that the president could support taxing some employee health benefits, as several influential lawmakers and many economists favor, to help pay for overhauling the health care system. The proposal is politically problematic for President Obama, however, since it is similar to one he denounced in the presidential campaign as ‘the largest middle-class tax increase in history."

42. Increasing the timetable for withdrawal from Iraq beyond his campaign promises and leaving 50,000 troops in Iraq after the "withdrawal."

43. Deploying 17,000 more troops to Afghanistan, then several thousand more on top of that.

44. Obama calling on European leaders at G20 to provide more troops for the war in Afghanistan: "Europe should not simply expect the United States to shoulder that burden alone. This is a joint problem it requires a joint effort."

45. Using Bush-era war rhetoric and tactics.

46. Officially changing the name of America's vast, expensive, and endless overseas wars to "Overseas Contingency Operation."

47. "President Barack Obama asked Congress on Thursday for $83.4 billion for U.S. military and diplomatic operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, pressing for special troop funding that he opposed two years ago when he was senator and George W. Bush was president. This would push the costs of the two wars to almost $1 trillion since Sept. 11, 2001."

48. "President Obama’s plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs for the treatment of troops injured in service has infuriated veterans groups who say the government is morally obligated to pay for service-related medical care."

49. Appointing Tim Geithner to the office of Secretary of the Treasury, even though he was a part of the problem with the economic status quo and evaded his taxes for years.

50. Selected Annette Nazareth for the position of Deputy Treasury Secretary, who withdrew after a month long probe into her taxes.

51. Appointed Tom Daschle to the Department of Health and Human Services, who had to resign his nomination for the position because of tax evasion.

52. "Barack Obama has been embroiled in a cronyism row after reports that he intends to make Louis Susman, one of his biggest fundraisers, the new US ambassador in London. The selection of Mr. Susman, a lawyer and banker from the president’s hometown of Chicago, rather than an experienced diplomat, raises new questions about Mr Obama’s commitment to the special relationship with Britain."

53. Appointed Nancy Killefer for Chief Performance Officer, but she had to step down because she didn't pay her taxes either!

54. Samantha Power resigned from the Obama campaign f0r calling Hillary Clinton a "monster," but was later hired by the Obama Administration for a position on the National Security Council.

55. Appointed Rahm Emmanuel as Chief of Staff, who failed to report five years of free rent at a US Congressman's property in accordance with IRS policy and congressional ethics rules.

56. Adolfo Carrion, Director of White House Office of Urban Affairs, "pocketed thousands of dollars in campaign cash from city developers whose projects he approved or funded with taxpayers' money."

57. Appointed Janet Napolitano to the office of Secretary of Homeland Security, who was clueless enough to falsely claim that the 9-11 terrorists came into America through Canada.

58. “The willingness of a small percentage of military personnel to join extremist groups during the 1990s because they were disgruntled, disillusioned or suffering from the psychological effects of war is being replicated today.” — Department of Homeland Security intelligence report

59. Transparency: "Administration Permits Only One Question, No Follow-Ups About Extremism Report"

60. Appointing Attorney General Eric Holder, who said "Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards."

61. AIG's second biggest campaign donation beneficiary: Barack Obama, who acted angry about the results of a bailout he helped to craft as U.S. Senator.

62. "For months, the Obama administration and members of Congress have known that insurance giant AIG was getting ready to pay huge bonuses while living off government bailouts. It wasn’t until the money was flowing and news was trickling out to the public that official Washington rose up in anger and vowed to yank the money back."

63. Giving Henrietta Hughes a house instead of downsizing the government to free up productive capital that could be used by businesses to employ her so that she can afford her own living arrangements while providing value to other Americans.

, smiling at, and shaking hands with Venezuela's brutal, autocratic dictator- Hugo Chávez.

65. Bowing to Saudi King Abdullah. U.S. Presidents do not bow before foreign monarchs.

66. Then a White House aide poorly and awkwardly lied about it: "It wasn’t a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he’s taller than King Abdullah."

67. At their first meeting, U.K. Prime Minister Gordon Brown's gift to Obama: "an ornamental pen holder made from the timbers of the Victorian anti-slave ship HMS Gannet," and "a framed commission for HMS Resolute and a first edition of the seven-volume biography of Churchill by Sir Martin Gilbert." Obama's gift to Brown: a box set of 25 classic American DVDs... that don't work on European DVD players.

68. Used "England" to denote the U.K. -a gaffe that people from Scotland, Ireland, and Wales don't appreciate and chalk up to American ignorance and parochialism.

69. Repeatedly reminding House Republicans that none of them voted for the stimulus package. He's really going to regret that during the 2010 midterm elections when they'll be the ones reminding America.

70. "The White House says the president is unaware of the tea parties-" either they're lying or the President is clueless. Pick one.

71. "Mr Obama is an accomplished orator but is becoming known in America as the "teleprompt president" over his reliance on the machine when he gives a speech."

72. This has lead to numerous gaffes such as Obama thanking himself for being invited to speak with the Irish Prime Minister, as well as...

73. The bizarre spectacle of the President "arguing with" a teleprompter during a recent speech.

74. "I’ve been practicing bowling. I bowled a 129. It was like the Special Olympics or something." -Obama on The Tonight Show

75. Choosing purebred dog, "Bo" for the White House family's "first dog" instead of adopting a dog from a shelter like Obama promised.

76. Gaffe: "I didn’t want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about, you know, doing any seances." -President Obama

77. False: "More than 90% of the guns recovered in Mexico come from the United States." -President Obama

78. What? "If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, if we stand up there and we really make the tough decisions, there’s still a 30% chance we’re going to get it wrong." -Vice President Biden

79. Clueless: "You know, I’m embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number? I should have it in front of me and I don’t. I’m actually embarrassed." -Vice President Biden, who should be.

80. Scary: Obama to Rep. Peter DeFazio, one of the Democratic congressman who voted against the stimulus package, "Don’t think we’re not keeping score, brother."

81. Airforce 1 panics New York City residents with extremely low flight plan for photo op and no public announcement.

82. Obama's perpetual campaign. The only thing our President has ever really led in his life was his campaign... instead of actually governing, he's been sticking to what he knows for the past 100 days- campaigning.

83. Obama's perpetual campaign failing.

84. Brushing off, laughing at, and dismissing a serious and valid question about the legalization of Marijuana and its impact on our economy.

85. SCHIP.

86. The regressive cigarette tax that falls mostly on lower income households to fund SCHIP.

87. Buying into and perpetuating the swine flu hysteria.

88. Allowing the Department of Homeland Security to take the lead in managing the swine flu. It should be the responsibility of the Department of Health and Human Services. Flu epidemics are not national security issues- they're health issues. Conflating the two is a dangerous precedent that puts too much power into the hands of the DHS.

89. Making a big flashy deal out of releasing the President's and Vice President's income tax returns (Oooohh- transparency!), which every President has done for years now.

90. Being totally shown up by the Bushes- according to their respective tax returns, the Obamas gave 6.5% of their 2008 income to charity while the Bushes gave 23% of theirs to charity in 2007. Embarrassing.

91. Supporting and signing The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Stimulus Package)

92. The health provisions in the stimulus bill.

93. Actually believing and preaching to others that consumption, not production, drives economic growth.

94. Obama's war on small business.

95. Bragging about his tax cut for 95% of Americans and not realizing (or conveniently not addressing) the fact that if it's funded with deficits and debt, it isn't really a tax cut because taxpayers will have to pay off the debt eventually (with interest) and the tax cut is offset by the rising prices of inflation.

96. Echoing Bernanke and Geithner's line that the economy needs more credit, while running trillion dollar deficits that hog up the credit market.

97. Timothy Geithner getting owned by Congressman Michelle Bachmann during his testimony in Congress.

98. Blatantly and unambiguously supporting policies that take from poor and middle class Americans to give to wealthy businesses and corporate executives.

99. Justifying these policies by saying that these businesses support poor Americans by giving them jobs and that they are simply "too big to fail."

100. Not realizing how suspiciously similar his argument sounds to "trickle-down," supply-side, Reaganomics.

AND THAT WAS JUST HIS FIRST 100 DAYS! Need I go on?

Edited by pattygreen

Pattygreen, good you list these things. And again we ask...what does Obama have to do with the stupidity of Sarah Palin? Absolutely nothing, you have nothing to add to this conversation and refuse or are incapable of staying ON topic. If this was just a rant about Obama, why didn't you start that thread and stick with it? We are here to argue the virtue or lack there of of Sarah Palin and our continued and permenant disdain of this clown of politics. Stick on topic if you're capable. You do nothing for your premise about her with these rants because they make you lose the argument on first rip. You got a bee in your bonnet about Obama, please write the WHite House since you seemed to be really, really, jammed up about him. And not in a mentally healthy way either. That post above, definitely unstable.

It's interesting to note that the anti-Obama list is mostly subjective with a large does of conjecture and debatable data thrown in whereas the anti-Palin list is factual and supported by dates, times, actual quotes, etc.

Typical. Nothing new here. The thread subject heading is just a mind-numbing effort for patty to protificate.

And why have you decided that global warming is a myth perpetuated by the government?

I tell myself not to engage with people who are so brainwashed and outrageously extreme that they can't see the forest for the trees, yet I keep beating my head against the wall. Makes me look stupid, I know.

I suppose I do it because I don't have a voice on Fox allowing me to rebut those Rupert Murdoch tools, so to help with my frustration, I rant here. Silly me.

This poster on dailykos makes a compelling case for why we liberals think Sarah Palin is stupid and therefore unqualified to be president:

w_masthead_noads.jpg

The Irrefutable Stupidity of Sarah Palin

by Cenk Uygur

16x16-digg-guy.gif Share this on Twitter - The Irrefutable Stupidity of Sarah Palintwitter.png spreddit1.gif share-icon-16x16.png

Mon Dec 07, 2009 at 02:57:12 AM PST

From time to time, I'll get into a

about whether Sarah Palin is actually stupid or if liberals are just hopelessly biased against her. They claim this bias comes from the fact that liberals are scared of her electability, her charm, her looks, her femininity, her Christianity, her ability connect to the common man and her overall wonderfulness. So, the theory is that we have all collectively decided that she is the best Republican candidate in some secret liberal meeting and are conspiring against her because we are afraid of how brilliant and electable she really is.

Now, there are a couple of problems with this theory. There are no opinion leaders on the left with Rush Limbaugh-like authority who can command all other progressives to think the same thing and use the same arguments against one person. In other words, we all think she is stupid because she is in fact stupid, not because some liberal cabal told us to think that.

How come we don't call Newt Gingrich stupid? Or Dick Cheney or Kay Bailey Hutchinson or Elizabeth Dole or Dennis Hastert? And the list goes on and on of heinous and deplorable right-wingers who are not stupid. We don't make those charges against those people, because as much as we might not agree with them or like them, we know that they are not dullards. They're all clever in their own way. Mitt Romney is greasy, Michael Steele is a clown and Tom DeLay is dirty, but we don't go after their mental acuity like we do with Sarah Palin because they're not as dumb as her (not even Steele).

So, finally we get to the evidence. I thought I'd just do it here and be done with it. Then I can just point people to this post from now on and end this senseless argument.

Now, there are a million examples of this, but I thought I'd go with three knockout punches here. In the first video, we have the

, where she does not know the basic foreign policy of the Republican president at the time. How could she possibly be running for vice president and not know this? The only thing more unconscionable is the sad excuses her supporters make for this terribly botched answer.

In the second video, we have a largely overlooked example of her pathetic lack of foreign policy knowledge. She has no idea what Hamas is or what they have to do with the Gaza Strip. If you're next door neighbor or plumber doesn't know this, that's fine, but they weren't running for Vice President of the United States. This should be game set and match for anyone, especially self-respecting conservatives, thinking of supporting her. This is when you have to walk away embarrassed.

But remarkably, they didn't slink away embarrassed after this answer, so we have the latest example of her buffoonery. In this interview with Bill O'Reilly, he asks her if she is smart enough to be president. Her answer has to be seen to be believed. Don't get me wrong, just because you see it won't mean you'll understand it. So, I put a transcript of her answer below so that you can try to decipher it in your spare time.

Bill O'Reilly: Let me be very bold and fresh again, do you believe that you are smart enough, incisive enough, intellectual enough to handle the most powerful job in the world?

Sarah Palin: I believe that I am because I have common sense and I have I believe the values that I think are reflective of so many other American values, and I believe that what Americans are seeking is not the elitism, the uhm, the ah, a kind of spineless, spinelessness that perhaps is made up for that with some kind of elite, Ivy league education and, and a fat resume that is based on anything but hard work and private sector, free enterprise principles. Americans are could be seeking something like that in positive change in their leadership, I'm not saying that that has to be me.

Can anyone really be biased enough to think that was a smart answer? The great irony is that he asked her if she's smart enough to be president and she gave what might be her dumbest answer yet. That answer was so bad it almost made George W. Bush look smart. Can anyone in good conscience defend that answer and say with a straight face that she should be this country's leader?

If you say yes, then there is no sense in talking to one another anymore because we are not operating in the same reality, or planet. We'll never be able to agree on anything if we can't agree that was just about as incomprehensible and stupid an answer as you can possibly come up with. And that settles the debate, because you either live in the reality based world and realize she is obviously not qualified, or in the immortal words of Stephen Colbert you believe that "reality has a well-known liberal bias" and she would make a great president.

Yeah, clearly Miss Patty has an alternative agenda here. Poor thing. She has no idea how ridiculous she appears. I will have to pray for her.

I don't have time to respond to each Obama rant right now but it appears that very few of these points are facts and probably copied from some rightey-sitey. I'll find the place where she copied it from later tonight and post some actual facts in response. (I just hate it when misinformation is floating around in the universe.)

I think it is really sad that people would rather eat the fear than try to work together for a better country.

And, has anyone noticed Patty's profile? It's worth looking at. Here's a link to "her" posts. She is not bringing anything positive to this site and I doubt she has even had a lap-band or is even thinking about it. She's just another Propaganda Monster. I wonder how she has time to take care of ten kids when she spends so much time posting Rightey Rhetoric.

Edited by Electrawoman
new information

And why have you decided that global warming is a myth perpetuated by the government?

I tell myself not to engage with people who are so brainwashed and outrageously extreme that they can't see the forest for the trees, yet I keep beating my head against the wall. Makes me look stupid, I know.

I suppose I do it because I don't have a voice on Fox allowing me to rebut those Rupert Murdoch tools, so to help with my frustration, I rant here. Silly me.

If that's the way you feel about me, then you don't need to talk to me.:thumbup: