Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do liberals Hate Sarah Palin?

patty once again you are utterly and completely wrong. President Obama did not campaign on stopping the war in Afghanistan. He campaigned on increasing troops in Afghanistan. And even if he had, that would not have necessarily been a lie since times and conditions change. I am very unhappy that he has been unable to fulfill his promise of health care reform and other significant progressive changes that need to be made. But the man has been in office for less than a year. So I'm willing to cut him some slack for the time being. That doesn't in any way mean that I wouldn't believe he can or does lie. He's a politician and his lips are moving... need I say more?

Sara Palin has paraded her handicapped child and her unwed mother teenage daughter in the public for the political mileage she can glean from it. If she were trying to protect her family, rather than use them, she would not have behaved the way she has. For you to say otherwise only points to you drinking the right wing kool-aide.

minimeme, you're accusing me of ATTACKING you because I asked about your post?

I said that IF you are interpreting criticism of Sara Palin here as being generated by discrmination because she's a woman, then you may be the one who has a discriminating thought... because you've applied a misnomer in this discussion, not what has actually been posted.

I'm a woman. I've been an employee in more than one practically all-male office. I'm an employer of men and women. I'm pretty sure I know a whole lot about discrimination against women too.

Everyone should read the book "Idiot America". It reveals how untruths, myths, irrelevant rants, and opinions are elevated to serious debate. Scientific facts and experts are ignored in favor of these "opinions". Religion is often the medium through which these things are elevated to serious debate because we as a polite society are not supposed to question religion. From creationism (renamed "intelligent design" to give it more credence), to the Terry Schiavo case (where the government did literally come between a patient and a medical decision) to global warming - the other side depends on the need of people to "take sides" in issues even when one side is completely false and based on nothing more than gut feelings. They try to present their side which has little more than emotional rants (and let's not forget religion). We see that with posts on here over and over again.

For example: In the case of Dover, PA when a group of religious zealots took over the school board and tried to get creationism taught in the schools, it ended up dividing the town and went to trial. The so-called experts for creationsim got ripped to shreds on the witness stand and they lost their case. Because they had nothing, in reality. New board members were elected and that was that, but it should never have gotten that far.

"...a polite society are not supposed to question religion."

That is the primary reason that churches and clergy are able to hold public sway by virture of their sermons.

Nobody dislikes Palin because she is a woman. She just happens to be the wrong type of woman, the wrong fortitude for the position she keeps trying to campaign for. As in an earlier post, reasons were stated. They were perhaps just my reasons, but I think valid. Notice I never attacked her character like some on here do to Obama when ever she is compared to him. She is 30000 leagues under the smart threshold established for the position she wanted and wants. There will never be a comparision of the two regarding brain power. She has no ammunition to fight. Besides, the comparison is infantile. Sidebar, sure there were some sexist behavior, but many of the commentary was made by men, so there will be random talk that will be misconstrued or interpreted, sexist. Palin seems to be the type that does not know when to get off the stage when her time is up. Great. Let her have her time to sell her books to the crowd who likes to believe she is "true and honest". Too bad her true and honest comes with a lack of critical thinking skills, especially long term. Wish I had a hustle like her. I would sell books to the "true and honest" crowd too with a staight face.

"...a polite society are not supposed to question religion."

That is the primary reason that churches and clergy are able to hold public sway by virture of their sermons.

And why the sexual abuse of children was allowed to go on for as long as it did with the church authority just keeping it hush, hush and moving abusing priests around - until the abused brought lawsuits and made it a public issue. And these same religious people are the ones who are supposed to have the moral authority to hold the eucharist hostage against publicly elected representatives who vote pro-choice - which is the law of the land?

There were catholics who still refused to believe that priests could abuse children and accused the victims of bashing the church. But that refers back to my previous post about emotional opinions lacking facts are elevated to serious debate.

If only you knew the difference between religion and a relationship. One is organized with a set of rules and beliefs and the other is actually knowing God. What the catholics or other denominations do does not make God, and the bible he gave us to know him, any less real.

Pattygreen, I too would like to know the real reason she makes people froth at the mouth. But, you are not going to find any answers here.:w00t:

Alittle off topic, but just another note to show you how crooked the government is.....

It's been 2 weeks since the news of the conspiracy behind the global-warming myth was exposed. Despite continuing developments, The Associated Press has largely ignored the scandal involving 1,079 incriminating e-mails at the University of East Anglia in England. The AP maintains the blackout on Climatgate because it and the rest of mainstream media are so heavily invested in the warming fraud. That requires them to supress honest science that doesn't follow the church of global warming. Journalists may claim impartiality, but this is the same news service that had 11 reporters with nothing better to do than fact-check Sarah Palin's book. Fortunately climategate is being fully vetted on Al Gore's Internet and the British and Canadian press. You can get the news "journalists" won't report by visiting http://blogs.repam.com/worth_reading

There is no global warming, we didn't land on the moon, bush was behind the world trade center tragedy, kennedy was killed by the ____(mafia, cubans, union bosses, etc.), the sun revolves around the earth...ad infinitum, ad nauseum - all with websites offering "proof"

YAWN

So then, how do you determine what's fact and what's fiction? Or do you go by what you would like to be factual?

So then, how do you determine what's fact and what's fiction? Or do you go by what you would like to be factual?

I try to use expert testimony or scientific facts, independent sources (like the CBO) and avoid those where scare tactics, emotional nonsense and outright lies prevail (examples would be death panels, Obama is a Muslim and wasn't born in US).

Progressives agree Palin is a poor excuse for a candidate as Vice President or President of the United States of America. She saw Putans head peering at her in Alaska,,,,,,,,,,,come on give this a rest.