Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

My pre-op went well. Official weight lost so far is 7 pounds.

He answered all of my questions, gave me all the Rx I need to fill before or after the surgery.

He gave me a script for Patches to put behind my ear: one immediately following the surgery to wear for 3 days, then replace with another and wear it for 3 days also. This is to prevent nausea. The script is good for a year, so in case I feel nauseated, I'm to wear it to prevent vomiting. He said it was very important not to vomit, and that he has other medications he can give me if I get the stomach flu, etc.

I will have a pain pump inserted during the surgery and will last for about 3 days, which should help with the pain at the site of the incisions. Also gave me celebrex to help with inflamation and an antibiotic to take for 7 days. Also gave me Keflar (or Kexlar), a nasal spray pain medication. He said not to fill that one until after the surgery as I may not need it.

I go in at 6 am and surgery starts at 7:30. I should be home shortly after 12 noon.

I asked him about the gas-x strips and he never heard of using it to help with the gas, but he said it wouldn't hurt to try it. He also gave me a sample of Miralax to help with BMs, since the amount of Fiber in my diet has decreased. He said to take it every day, even after banded, to help move things along.

I paid him yesterday, so now only have to pay the surgery center and the anesthesiologist.

I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting so when I get home tonight I'll go over my paperwork and post again.

Wow that is a lot of different meds.. My doc gave me a script for t3's and that is all. I was in a lot of pain by the next day and went into see my family doctor and he put me on liquid morphine for 2 days... Feeling ok now 6 days out but still a lot of pain at port site especially when I bend or turn funny.. I can feel the port moving weird.. LOL I am interested in what the name of the patch is for PBing might be something I can use as well. Hope all goes well on surgery day for you..

It's hard but worth it! You're doing great, I had those feelings to want to stray too. Luckily on mine I'm able to have food, even if I'm mostly drinking shakes for maxium results.

I've been making my own shakes from whey Protein, from what I can tell that's the best way to go, everyone talks about how unappetizing their shakes are, I don't have that issue lol. Besides it's been fun coming up with new recipes for them like hot chocolate, pudding, purple passion and more.

FYI people: Why protein and skim milk WILL make pudding. Lil' vanilla extract and cinnamon or sugarfree pudding flavoring makes an excellent pudding and icecream.

Found that out after cooking my hot chocolate too long lol, it's all a process. I'll be happy when it's the 18th and surgery day! WOO HOO!

Ok now I need in on all your little experiments since whey protein is going to be my friend for the rest of my life.. hOt coco and pudding... Help a friend out... LOL

Wow that is a lot of different meds.. My doc gave me a script for t3's and that is all. I was in a lot of pain by the next day and went into see my family doctor and he put me on liquid morphine for 2 days... Feeling ok now 6 days out but still a lot of pain at port site especially when I bend or turn funny.. I can feel the port moving weird.. LOL I am interested in what the name of the patch is for PBing might be something I can use as well. Hope all goes well on surgery day for you..

I was starting to wonder if anyone else could feel their port moving. When I bend over or lay on my side I can feel it kinda pulling on my muscle.

Yeah my weigh in at my doctors went good. I am officially down 16 lbs since November 18. That is 20 days and 16 lbs lighter. I am so happy and this is just the beginning. I love my little DIva.. LOL

I was starting to wonder if anyone else could feel their port moving. When I bend over or lay on my side I can feel it kinda pulling on my muscle.

Yeah I have noticed that as well. Just talked with my nurse and she said that was normal.. I am also still in pain near my port especially if I bend down.. I think it is cause the swelling from the surgery has come down now... The nurse said that the port is attached to our abdomin wall... So hopefully in a couple weeks this will have passed also..

Yeah I have noticed that as well. Just talked with my nurse and she said that was normal.. I am also still in pain near my port especially if I bend down.. I think it is cause the swelling from the surgery has come down now... The nurse said that the port is attached to our abdomin wall... So hopefully in a couple weeks this will have passed also..

oops I mean a couple days.. LOLLLL

Hi, I'm new posting here. I've been lurking around the forums for a few months now, but I officially have my surgery date!

I'm self pay so things went very quickly. We did the seminar on Nov. 21st, met with the surgeon on Dec. 3rd and now I'm scheduled for my psych eval. & pre-op this wed. & thurs, with surgery scheduled for the 17th.

I'm very excited and nervous! With everything proceeding so quickly I'd welcome any advice, tips and/or tricks for everything coming up. I start my clear liquid diet on Thurs.

Any suggestions on what to pack for the hospital? Things that would helpful to have at home the first few weeks? How did you feel when you first came home?

We are suppose to go to a family christmas thing a few hours away that Sat. following the surgery. Does that seem possible? the back up plan is for me to stay behind with someone to stay with me and let my husband and kids go ahead.

Thanks in advance for any helpful info!

Ok now I need in on all your little experiments since whey Protein is going to be my friend for the rest of my life.. hOt coco and pudding... Help a friend out... LOL

lol no problem I will get you some I plan on posting them as I come up with them.. the pudding, well I was on the phone and didn't realize I put 2 scoops of whey into my 4 oz of milk, I was stirring and thought hmm this is thick.. so I added some more milk and kept stirring while talking... next thing I know the spoon was coated (like pudding) and i happened to be talking to one of my friends and clients who's a Celebrity Lifestyle and Wellness Coach and she was like Oh yeah just put it in the fridge it makes pudding I do it all the time.. she's like or add a lil' more milk and freeze it for ice cream.. When you consider what it is, you appreciate the taste, Although I would make sugar free pudding and put the whey in with it in the future, like 1 box Sugar Free Chocolate pudding, 2 scoops chocolate whey, with some some extra skim milk.

I'll post the precise recipe later though.

Eeeeeekkkkkk!!! I'm so freakin' excited I could tinkle, oh wait that's just the Protein Shakes lol! My pre-op appointment is in less than 2 hours, so excited!

I think I'm most excited about getting on the scale and seeing how much I'm dropped in this pre-op diet so far. I "see" a difference in me in the mirror, in my clothes and other people are noticing too so I'm excited. Although I'm not going to base everything off of the number, I'm just excited for the change. WOO HOO

Let's go.. SO SO SO excited!

Hi, I'm new posting here. I've been lurking around the forums for a few months now, but I officially have my surgery date!

I'm self pay so things went very quickly. We did the seminar on Nov. 21st, met with the surgeon on Dec. 3rd and now I'm scheduled for my psych eval. & pre-op this wed. & thurs, with surgery scheduled for the 17th.

I'm very excited and nervous! With everything proceeding so quickly I'd welcome any advice, tips and/or tricks for everything coming up. I start my clear liquid diet on Thurs.

Any suggestions on what to pack for the hospital? Things that would helpful to have at home the first few weeks? How did you feel when you first came home?

We are suppose to go to a family christmas thing a few hours away that Sat. following the surgery. Does that seem possible? the back up plan is for me to stay behind with someone to stay with me and let my husband and kids go ahead.

Welcome Terri, I can't answer most of your questions, my surgery is the day after yours but I did want to welcome you to our lil' group of December bandsters.

My family is having a Christmas the sat or sunday following my surgery and I have every intention of going.. From what I've seen most have been up and at 'em within 24-48 hours. Less the issue with gas that could potentially be a lil' embarrassing, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to go.

Best of luck and I love your signature, Phil - so true so true!

For me I went for a 1 hr drive to watch a movie with my family and I hurt... It maybe different for you.... I had a pillow on my tummy to stop my belly from bouncing on the bumps... I think this is a decision only you can make. Thought I would let you know how I felt when I went for I guess both ways was a 2 hr trip... Hope it helps a bit.. You may feel different I also think you should take it on a day by day basis and see how you feel the day before the trip.. Excited for you for your surgery...

Hello and good luck to all of those having their surgeries tomorrow mine is Thursday and omg 2 wks on this liquid diet... They took me off all my diabete meds today so I guess that is a good sign and havent had surgery yet....smooches

I need to get on the list for December 17th....

Still trying to figure out all the ina and outs of this website...

THANKS.... 8 days left!!:thumbup:

seraiah3

One thing I heard that stuck with me was to wear shoes that were easy to get in and out of..this would go for clothing as well.

We are not supposed to ned over, so we had vetter get something zip up front that we can easily put on to go home. I have to bend to put on pants and I don;t think my stomach will want to have anything across it...

If we wear a bandan on our heads, people will just think we're crazy, so all the better. I have seen people go home in hosptial gowns, so why not a nice long velveteen robe-tyoe thing?? at last it won;t require zipping up a waistband.any suggestions????