Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

Welcome Larry! One of my favorite people in the world is from Mass. She has a cool (I mean, wicked) accent. I'm pretty sure I have you down for the 7th, but I'll double-check. Best of luck to you!

hi karyn

yes the big day for me s the 7 th. I am so nervous, i have arthritis so bad i am wondering how i can get my meds, well maybe the loss of weight will help too. hey how you doing?i have a step son in sacramento, later Larry:cool:

so your having yours on the 4 th well good luck i am sure you'll be fine hope we can compare notes. do you need a post diet after surgery, my surgeon says no food liquids only for 2 weeks, carnation shakes, and Jello and broth , then i progress to soft /ground foods. hey Karyn thanks for update.

Pre-op Diet

10 days before surgery:

Liquid Diet consisting of juice, Jello, Milk, Protein Shakes, Borth, etc

Post-op Diet

1-2 days after surgery:

Liquid only - same as pre-op.

2 weeks after surgery:

Mushies - yogurt, oatmeal, baby food consistency stuff

According to my surgeon, the pre-op liquid diet is supposed to decrease the size of the liver to allow more room to work in the abdomen.

I am so jealous. I have two weeks of just Protein shakes that are nasty and 2 cups of veggies a day. I would do a heck of a lot better if I could have jello, broth, and such.. I wonder why it is so different between docs and the pre op diet????

Hello Everyone. My name is Jean! I found out Wednesday that my band date is December 30th. I am SO EXCITED!!!! :thumbup: My doctor normally only does surgeries on Tuesdays and Fridays. My original date was Jan. 5th 2010. I explained to the sugical scheduler that my son graduates from Army Bootcamp in January and I'm not sure when, so I don't want to schedule anything for the month of January. She said she thought the doctor was starting to do just a couple on Wednesday mornings, that she would check with him and get back to me. She called me about 3 or 4 hours later with the good news! I was doing the happy dance around the office.

Hello everyone...My name is Andrea. My big day is December 3rd. I am so nervous and excited at the same time. I'm even excited about starting my pre-op diet on 11/23 (crazy!). I'm sure that will change the first day of only liquids. I'm so glad I found this site! It's great to see that there's an online support like this to help keep me motivated!!

Welcome Andrea and Jean! Be sure to join us under "Communities". Then Click on "Social Groups". We are the December Bandsters 2009 Group. We'll be chatting there also. Congrats on getting your dates!:thumbup:

Attention everyone! Please let me know by Monday morning any names you would like added to the poll. We are trying to come up with a name or motto for our group. I will post a poll on Monday and it will only be open for voting for one week. So far I have:

December Delights

Delightful Decembers

Santa Babies

Skinny Santas

Frosty Foxes

Blessed Bandsters

Stone-Cold Hotties

December Dudes and Dames

Holiday Hotties

December Snowflakes

Jingle Belles and Beaus

Twinkle Twits

The Stars of Bandleham

Merry Bandsters

You may also PM me if need be. Let me know and have a great weekend!

Hang in there! I'm feeling so guilty that I don't have a preop diet - guilty and a little jealous because you (kslessar and others) are a getting a head start on weight loss. You can and will get through it - one day at a time.

Congratulations to everyone on this list!

November 30: Electrawoman

Week 1

Tuesday, December 1: RandaPanda, TheCutestFatty, terriamn, LALALUDE (tbd), great expectations (tbd), oceancity4me (tbd)

Wednesday, December 2: garden-nut, yosemite, Su59, Bobbie0918, austrolatrishy, take charge time, michelleisaac, nurseb24

Thursday, December 3: tbird1211, dmdsanchez, suzycooke, mommymya, sxygma130, Claudean, lapfish, homewith2, ganda, adevong

Friday, December 4: kslessar, KarynA, cent, juke, syly14

Week 2

Monday, December 7: lackey4, RadioGirl311, HappyMe2009, lpglarry

Tuesday, December 8: Zanath, Veronda

Wednesday, December 9: michelleintheoc, Irishbookworm, nursejojo, skinnybitch, Pam92

Thursday, December 10: msjoachin1, kellu25

Friday, December 11: Ernieschick, mmh, LindaO

Week 3

Monday, December 14: j-mae, Drasan (tbd), ceecee3272 (tbd)

Tuesday, December 15: voodoo, BigMomma, slmsister, TinaM, ididit35 (tbd), alilash (tbd)

Wednesday, December 16

Thursday, December 17: librarychick, adagray, TracyW2, Melinco

Friday, December 18: bren5500; policy34, blondie219

Week 4

Monday, December 21: hunybear53. abbylamb, great expectations

Tuesday, December 22: illuminationlady, kimwash71112, NolaLola

Wednesday, December 23: danielle.hurstcrose

Thursday, December 24

Friday, December 25

Week 5

Monday, December 28: alicia3138, tracyv12

Tuesday, December 29

Wednesday, December 30: TN_girl21, HapiCat, stampstalker

Thursday, December 31

Edited by KarynA

I like this one:

December Delights

tbird - your post ("two weeks") made my stomach drop!... December's just a heartbeat away.

I'm so excited. I can't wait. Two weeks to get through of liquid hell with Thankgiving thrown in the middle for extra torture and then onto my new life!!

:unsure: Hi there December Banders! My surgery is going to be done on 12/9. As you all are, I am excited and nervous. I feel I am ready to do what it takes to get to my goal of 150.

I have a great support system in place, my daughter, my husband and a couple of friends who know what I am doing. I am still not sure what to buy at the store for the procedure, both before and after surgery. I bought some popsicles and I am going to buy some Protein Powder soon. Not sure about mushy stuff.

Well I hope I can help some of you and I am glad I have my "December Banders" to go to for support too. :thumbup:

Thanks,

Pam

How much weight is everyone wanting to lose?

I am hoping for 150lbs

How many self payers are there?

Luckily my insurance approved and will pay the majority of it.

Personally, I want to lose 125lbs. I know I can do it!!

Personally, I want to lose 125lbs. I know I can do it!!

I want to lose 115- 120.. I could probably go for more but feel that is my comfort zone..