Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

Hi my date is set for December 7th at 7:30. I start my diet on Monday November 9th.I am new to this website but I would like to start using it.

My surgery is December 7th as well! And at 7:30!! Welcome to the website by the way. =) I LOVE this site. So many helpful and kind hearted people. If you'd like, we can team up together and be "study" buddies....or bandy buddies....lol

Yes! I have a date!! December 17. That is 29 days away! It's tentative, as the surgeon needs to read over my psych report, but his assistant read it over and she didn't see anything that would cause any problems. We'll confirm the date by the end of the week.

I'll need to be at the surgery center at 6:00 a.m., with the surgery at 7:30. I should be done and out of the recovery and on my way home shortly after 12 noon. The surgery center I'll be going to is like two minutes from my house.

I'll take off December 17 - 24 off, as we're closed on December 25, of course. So that will give me 10 days at home to recover. I know it will suck for Christmas, but I don't care! I'd rather suck one Christmas and be healthy for all the rest of my Christmases.

I'm so excited. How crazy is that, I'm excited to be cut open and go under (well, not crazy about the going under actually).

The assistant said that 10 days prior to the surgery, or December 7, to start the extreme low carb diet, so less than 30 grams. So no more carrots, potatoes, bread (which I haven't eaten in a week), Pasta, etc. This of course is to shrink the liver.

I'll also go on December 7 for my pre-op appointment to sign all the consent forms (and I'm sure to make payment too). Once I get actual confirmation of the date, I will trigger my financing (401(k) loan, IRA distribution, and Health One Visa loan).

Also, I will start buying all the required dietary needs (liquids, etc) and the gas-x strips, etc. Oh, this time is going to fly and crawl at the same time! lol

My surgery date is Dec 3rd.... I'm a bit nervous... Excited about getting smaller and healthier... A little worried about giving up my well-loved Diet Pepsi... It will be nice to have people to share with who are going through the same thing at the same time. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

If you haven't already ready the thread '7 years, lost 120, got rebanded', I highly recommend it. It's inspirational....really.

Here's a quote:

"Once again - no matter what you are feeling, no matter how difficult it is to slow down your eating, or eating soft foods for a while, or going through the whole experience - it is worth every second. Whoever you are out there, I promise you that I would never trade going through life morbidly obese again. I have now undergone 2 surgeries just to keep this band on and doing what it does for me.

I, too, am addicted to food. We all know what that means. We can't just push food away or stop eating when we are full. I am here to tell you that I'm no different than any of you.

To one of you who asked, I'm 5'9. My legs aren't all smooth and beautiful, but it's nothing that good genes and panty hose can't camouflage. Who cares anyway when I can fit into a size 6? I was a 22 when I went in.

So, if you are out there, and new at this, or are about to have it done, let no one stand in your way. Don't let anyone make you unsure or unsettled. IT IS WORTH IT.

One day soon you will be posting "after" photos and smiling, as if it was the easiest thing you ever did. Think about the future and how you will look and feel. It's an investment of a lifetime."

I don't have to do a pre op diet either. And, my surgeon has a very short post op diet as well. She wants you on solids within one week after surgery. Her paperwork actually emphasizes that you MUST start eating solid foods for the band to work. After reading on here about all the restrictions everyone else has, it seems like my doctor is way out there on this. But, she is supposedly the best bariatric surgeon in my area and a 'center of excellence' so I'm gonna trust her. This reminds me that I better really start practicing chewing, though. LOL

I guess you could say my post op diet is strict. Clear liquids for one week, full liquids on week 2, mushies on week 3 and then solid foods week 4. He won't do a fill until a month after surgery. My doctor is also at a "center of excellence" and helped with the clinical trials and actually did the first Realize Band surgery in the country. So I am very very very trustworthy of him! I have never heard of a doctor letting you be on solids in the first week. My surgeon told me that I have to let my stomach heal before I start on real food. Hmmm..just shows everybody is different! :thumbup:

I don't really have pre-op diet.

I was supposed to have my last pre-op appt. with my surgeon tomorrow (and assumed I'd find out what my pre-op diet would be then), but then it was rescheduled. The next time I'll meet with him will be two days before the surgery. When I asked his nurse about a pre-op diet, she said... "oh ya... just eat light during the week before surgery - Soups and salads." And that's it. Now... I trust my surgeon. He's done over 600 lapband surgeries (also at a center of excellence - Cedars Sinai in LA), all of his patients on this site love him... AND he has a band himself, which is a huge plus to me. So I guess I'll do what they tell me AND continue what I've been doing, which is starting the day with a Protein shake, having another for lunch, and then a reasonable dinner (on a small plate).

I am a December bander. Brand new at this...how do I put a Bmi/Wt ticker on this website?

My surgery date is Dec 3rd.... I'm a bit nervous... Excited about getting smaller and healthier... A little worried about giving up my well-loved Diet Pepsi... It will be nice to have people to share with who are going through the same thing at the same time. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

I hear you on the Diet Pepsi. I'm absolutely addicted to Diet Coke!! I am now on my 3rd day without any Diet Coke and craving it badly!!

I'm also scheduled for a December 3rd date. Good luck!!

Welcome all you newcomers and congrats on deciding to get banded.

I don't have a required preop diet either. Just told me to lose ten pounds. Then yesterday the doc's office called and had me sign up on the REALIZE website to log my food. They (the doc's and PAs) can see what I'm eating! Boy did that make me stop with the food....lol I am being a lot more stricker on myself now that someone is watching!

Kslessar..Thanks for the info. Having trouble finding the stuff in the stores. Will probably go online.

Melinca, you have a great attitude about the holidays. You are right. This is one Christmas to sacrifice so that we can all have many, many more!!!

TN-Girl22..I am required the same diet as you after being banded. I think it's pretty standard as I've been reading my LB book and that's in there too.

Thanks to all for your positive posts. KarynA, I did read that post and was very inspired to keep on...keepin' on... Thanks for rewriting it so that everyone here on our thread can benifit.

Love reading all of your posts...hugs to everyone!!!

illuminationlady

I also have a date set for December 2, 09. I just started the liquid diet and all I am allowed is a gross tasting chocolate called meditrim. I am only allowed 3 of those a day and 2 cups of vegtables. I am starving. LOL I also have a problem with low blood sugars and am feeling all of those effects right now... Is there a group set-up yet for Dec banders... I originally was suppose to be a november but am now a cool december one.... I am getting nervous now as well... EKKKKK

hey girl, where you having surgery done. i/m having mine u mass on dec 7, good luck larry

Ok i got my date dec 7,2009. I am nervous and happy at same time, it is so wierd i have no pre surgery diet, only no food ,just liquids 24 hours before surgery, and no food for 2 weeks after surgery just liquids; anyone else like that??

I am having my surgery in Vancouver BC on December 2...

Hi Lyn! I'm also on the low end of the BMI with 35. It will be intresting to follow each other. My surgery is on the 3rd and it's 26 days before my birthday as well. I'm self pay and haved moved through the system very fast! I went to a seminar on November 4th and had a consult on November 9th. They scheduled the surgery for December 3rd. I still have a pre-op appointment for 11/23.

Hi i'm also on the low end of bmi being @ 36 so I guess I will join you guys.. my surgery date is 12/18/09 pre-op 12/07/09..policy34

hi bren, i'm getting banded on the 18th of dec also...keep in touch. :thumbup: