Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

WOO-HOO I JUST HIT 50 POUND WEIGHT LOSS, 50 POUNDS IN 5 MONTHS -- that is sooo fast for me. I'm so proud of myself, and so happy I got banded. Hey, any of you Jan Band buddies live in the LA area? I'll be there at the end of the month, always thrilled to meet face to face with anyone in our faaaabulous support system...

LA...Los Angeles or Louisiana? Sorry for my blonde moment, just curious....

WOO-HOO I JUST HIT 50 POUND WEIGHT LOSS, 50 POUNDS IN 5 MONTHS -- that is sooo fast for me. I'm so proud of myself, and so happy I got banded. Hey, any of you Jan Band buddies live in the LA area? I'll be there at the end of the month, always thrilled to meet face to face with anyone in our faaaabulous support system...

I am soooo happy for you Cherie....

that is a HUGE milestone.. I can't wait to get there... (just a few pounds away for the "50" mark)...

I have to admit one of my motivators.. I will wear my clothes from January just because they are so baggy now:):frown: I like to see the baggy clothes, it makes me feel good to know they are too big (and they make for good mowing the lawn clothes:):rolleyes:

My daughter who is 15 is now even saying I need to get some new shirts (I love my tshirts and sweatpants) because my baggy clothes are not doing me justice... to have my 15 year old daughter say that is pretty huge.. she will be the first to admit when I need to lose a few "LBS"...

I do have the supply of jeans over the years and keep moving one at a time to the "good will" pile.. every few days I try on the ones that were tight last week hoping they will fit this week.. sometimes it works, sometimes the buttons get closer and sometimes it is a reminder to look at my eating habits...

Is anyone else still wearing their baggy clothes? And why.. why do you still wear them....?

Good work everyone...

Jennifer:thumbup:

Jen, I am still wearing my baggy clothes but I have started drying everything hoping it will shrink. I did buy some smaller summer shirts, just because the old ones kept showing my bra straps.

I am seeing slow but steady progress. I have averaged about 1 pound off per week since January. I had a fill last week and am just now exeriencing the LAP-BAND® side effects. Before this last fill, I really had not problems eating anything I wanted. I would get full faster, but also got hungry before the next meal time.

In enjoyed seeing everyone's progress pictures. Congratulations to everyone!

I don't have any pictures to post, but do think I have lost one of my chins, two more to go!:(

Today is my 5mth bandiversary, so I recapped my progress in another thread, but I will respost here:

June 09--first 6mth visit--BMI of 63%: initial referral 383lbs:cursing:

Dec 15--last 6mth visit--354lbs:wink2:

Dec 31, 2009-Jan 14 (surgery day)--pre-op diet 334:smile2:

Jan 15, 2010-June 14--290 and bunches of inches:thumbup:

Sizes--30/32 to 22/24, 20 (tops)

All that with a lot of hard work, little restriction and 2 fills, and cardio/weight workouts a minimum of 4 times a week.

So for anyone struggling, you can do it--it is hard work, but it is achievable work. Hey I am no bean pole--still a long way to go, but I can see some progress! Yeah to all my Jan band journeys!!!

post-279859-13813139364151_thumb.jpg

HELLO JAN BAND SISTUHS!!

tHE BAD NEWS IS THAT I ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL WITH BLEEDING ULCERS, CAUSED BY THE FOUR ELLEVE A DAY I'VE BEEN TAKING FOR YEARS FOR MY RA. I NOW HAVE MEDS AND THEY TELL ME THE ULCERS WILL HEAL, MEANWHILE, I LIVE WITH A CONSTANT STOMACH ACHE AND OTHER SYMPTOMS TOO GROSS TO ENUMERATE.

THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT I'VE LOST 55 LBS. I HAVE A HARD TIME "SEEING" MYSELF, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I'VE HAD A LOT OF CLOTHES TAKEN IN (BLESS MY FRIEND WHO DOES GREAT ALTERATIONS) AND HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO RESIST BUYING SOME NEW STUFF. NO I DON'T WEAR MY BAGGY CLOTHES...THOUGH I DO CHANGE INTO A COMFY NIGHTIE PRETTY MUCH THE MOMENT I WALK INTO MY HOUSE. THE PERKS OF HAVING YOUR HUSBAND LEAVE YOU. I'D POST A PHOTO IF I HAD ANY CLUE HOW TO DO IT!! I'M NOW 45 LBS FROM GOAL. AND IN JULY I'M GOING TO MY GRADE SCHOOL REUNION. LOOKIN' GOOD, I HOPE. WHICH WILL BE GREAT FUN.

SURGERY: JAN 12/WEIGHT 258 (NO PRE OP DIET)

LOSS TO DATE: 55 LBS.

POUNDS TO GOAL: 45

I'M PAST THE HALF-WAY HUMP! SENDING POSITIVE ENERGY AND LOVE TO ALL OF YOU...ESPECIALLY THE INCRTEDIBLY KEWL WISCONSIN JEN!!!:thumbup:

Hey... I made it back. I finally got banded on January 18th. Yeah for me, I am now at about 40 pound weight loss. I think I need to exercise more or something because some people have lost more. My surgeon said that I really shouldn't look at my weight because I have gone from a size 24/22 to a size 18/16. I guess I am just happy I finally got my surgery. Good luck to everyone as well.

HELLO JAN BAND SISTUHS!!

tHE BAD NEWS IS THAT I ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL WITH BLEEDING ULCERS, CAUSED BY THE FOUR ELLEVE A DAY I'VE BEEN TAKING FOR YEARS FOR MY RA. I NOW HAVE MEDS AND THEY TELL ME THE ULCERS WILL HEAL, MEANWHILE, I LIVE WITH A CONSTANT STOMACH ACHE AND OTHER SYMPTOMS TOO GROSS TO ENUMERATE.

THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT I'VE LOST 55 LBS. I HAVE A HARD TIME "SEEING" MYSELF, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I'VE HAD A LOT OF CLOTHES TAKEN IN (BLESS MY FRIEND WHO DOES GREAT ALTERATIONS) AND HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO RESIST BUYING SOME NEW STUFF. NO I DON'T WEAR MY BAGGY CLOTHES...THOUGH I DO CHANGE INTO A COMFY NIGHTIE PRETTY MUCH THE MOMENT I WALK INTO MY HOUSE. THE PERKS OF HAVING YOUR HUSBAND LEAVE YOU. I'D POST A PHOTO IF I HAD ANY CLUE HOW TO DO IT!! I'M NOW 45 LBS FROM GOAL. AND IN JULY I'M GOING TO MY GRADE SCHOOL REUNION. LOOKIN' GOOD, I HOPE. WHICH WILL BE GREAT FUN.

SURGERY: JAN 12/WEIGHT 258 (NO PRE OP DIET)

LOSS TO DATE: 55 LBS.

POUNDS TO GOAL: 45

I'M PAST THE HALF-WAY HUMP! SENDING POSITIVE ENERGY AND LOVE TO ALL OF YOU...ESPECIALLY THE INCRTEDIBLY KEWL WISCONSIN JEN!!!:)

Tx Cherie.. we are our own best cheerleaders:w00t:

55 pounds.. that is SOOOO incredible.. I am so envious... but I will get there too.. I am a slow loser now but not really since this is the most weight that I took off in 5 months and kept it off....so I am fine with slow..

I go for my 4th fill on Friday... it won't be much I know, but it will be nice to get it topped off:):)

I am still waiting to top over the 40 lbs... any day now:):eek::)

I am starting to look at different clothes.. I am still gravitating to the "womens plus size" but finding that the regular section has my size now.. so that it way cool...

I too have the esphagitis issues.. I had my follow up Upper GI and they found three ulcers in my esophagus... so.. at the end of July I go back for a status check... I adjusted "when" I take medicine in hopes that is the only adjustment I have to make...

Luckily they aren't bad so that is nice... but it does suck going back every 8 weeks to get the throat scoped...

I think I am going to do a mini goal for 1 Aug and then 1 Sep....it will help me focus....

I am at 223 now.. so I am shooting for 210 for 1 Aug and then 199 for 1 Sep....I am gong to put all of my focus into it ... I have not done that up to now.. I just have reduced the amount of food I eat so I am pretty happy with that result....now that my Lupus and Fibro and easing up a bit I am going to get out there more and do "intentional" excercse versus the busy life I live with the three kids and everything.. I am going to walk three times a week for 30-45 minutes and then some light muscle stuff....it is time.....:smile2:

Hang in there everyone.. this is OUR summer of transformation....

Cherie.. I am so happy for your loss.. congrats girl.. you need that boost of success for sure... we all love hearing about it...

Jen

Hi Just a follow up... it's been 7 month on July 5th. I'm so proud and actually happy. I am ahead of my goal. My goal is 10lbs a month. I'm at 72 lbs down. My friends keep telling me to get new clothes, and to stop hemming my closes every month. I recently when on a airplane I had no trouble with the seat belt.. I almost had tears i front of a complete stranger. I can now run with out gasping for air. My hair is kind-of subsiding from falling out. I have had one fill of 4 cc's in march. I have a lot more to go though but so far this is worth it. I would like to know for the January banster's how many fills have you had and how much Fluid are you at? Have you had a unfill ?

Hi Just a follow up... it's been 7 month on July 5th. I'm so proud and actually happy. I am ahead of my goal. My goal is 10lbs a month. I'm at 72 lbs down. My friends keep telling me to get new clothes, and to stop hemming my closes every month. I recently when on a airplane I had no trouble with the seat belt.. I almost had tears i front of a complete stranger. I can now run with out gasping for air. My hair is kind-of subsiding from falling out. I have had one fill of 4 cc's in march. I have a lot more to go though but so far this is worth it. I would like to know for the January banster's how many fills have you had and how much Fluid are you at? Have you had a unfill ?

First of all, congrats on your72lb weight loss!

I totally felt the same thing when I rode a plane this week and did not need an extension seatbelt anymore. I actually wanted to scream and shout, but I will look crazy then. haha

As for the fills, I've had a total of 3, with a total of 6cc now. (See my fill info below). Haven't had an unfill yet, and I am scheduled for another fill in a month (hopefully my final fill before I achieve my sweet spot).

Keep up the good work.

I was banded January 19, 2010. I had 3 cc in my band after surgery. I had 1 cc added in March and another 1/4 cc in May. So I am at 4.25 cc in a 10 cc band. When they did the fill in May, she tried to get 1/2 cc in but when I took a sip of Water I knew something wasn't quite right, so she took 1/4 out. I go to the doctor again tomorrow. Not sure I will have a fill though. My weight loss has slowed down to 5 lbs a month but still, I am losing a lot of inches.

I have had 2 fills--I get my third fill next week--it has been six weeks, so I am definitely ready because weight loss has slowed, but I am still pleased because I have lost a lot of inches. I have 5.5 cc's in a 14cc band.

I have kicked up the exercise as well which has helped with the inches--weights and cardio:thumbup:

I would like to know for the January banster's how many fills have you had and how much Fluid are you at? Have you had a unfill ?

I've had 4 fills for a total of 6 ccs in a 10 cc band. No unfills.

1st fill, 5 weeks postop: 2 ccs

2nd fill, 9 weeks postop: 2 ccs

3rd fill, 13 weeks postop: 1 cc

4th fill, 17 weeks postop: 1 cc

My surgeon did not give me any fluid when I went in for my 5th fill, 21 weeks postop, because he said I was doing too well. :thumbup: I go back on July 29th, 27 weeks postop, to reevaluate.

I just went to the doc today ...

The great news.. just shy of 5 months I am down 39 pounds... so I am happy.. that is about 8 pounds a month and that is something I can live with.... my goal for the year is 80 pounds so I am doing well...

I got another 1/2 cc... so 7 cc in a 11 cc band....I am going to get that extra pound off this weekend so I can top the big 4-0 number... wow.. I just can't believe it..

I did a random inches check and found that I have lost about 5-1/2 to 6 inches off of the hips... wayyyyy cool in my opinion...down 4 sizes total since January....and actually starting to give some clothes away:):bored:

LOVE IT... keep it up everyone....

Cherie Lynn.. I am right behind you girl:):blink::).... keep up that loss:):blink:

Hi i had surgery Jan 22 2020, and i am having a difficult time. I have lost 45lbs but it has been this way for almost 2 months i go for my 4th fill in July but i still dont have much restriction...there is noting i cant eat. How have you been doing so far since this post?

Originally Posted by heavenly84 viewpost.gif

I would like to know for the January banster's how many fills have you had and how much Fluid are you at? Have you had a unfill ?

Hey to all . . . haven't been here in a month or so . . . been "down in the dumps" . . . my weight hasn't varied much for the past month and a half . . . right now, I've lost around 38 lbs. and just had another fil about two weeks ago. Doctor says she won't consider another fill until September.

I've had three fills (5cc, 2cc, and 2cc) in a 12cc band).

Two problems I have to conquer: exercising and leaving off my happy hour cocktail......this is killing my weight loss....plus there's still not a lot of restriction :(.

Reading all your posts is inspiring, so I'll definitely do this more! Thanks to you! :)