Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Like sliming drool and full blown (stuck) food between your throat and the new small stomach pouch. I hear they are very painful like your having a full blown heart attack until you either through it up or until it finally passes. The only possible way to reduce these incidents I`ve been told is to always take very small bites of food and chew until whatever is left in your mouth has the texture of applesauce. Also, I`ve been told, when your stomach lets you know that your full, (not your brain hunger), drop your fork and STOP. Otherwise, prepare for one of the above unpleasant situations to possibly occur.

My doctor told me to drink a warm glass of Water before I go to bed and when I wake up before i eat in the morning just in case there is food stuck in your band. He said the warm Water usually pushes it down avoiding the "stuck food heart-attack you talk about." and reduces chances of getting gastric ulcers as well.

I am only 3 weeks post-op and now I am having to deal with a set-back. :frown: I had been having pain in my foot since May of 2009. It seemed to be going away over the last few months until I started on the treadmill. The pain started to get worse again so I decided to go to a podiatrist. Well to my complete surprise, I was told that I have a "Jones fracture". Basically, that means I have a broken bone in the outside of my foot, up from my baby toe. Now I have to where this huge boot for 3 months. If the bone doesn't heal, I will need surgery. :( What a pain in the you know what!!! Sorry, I am just venting...

Hi everyone...

I got banded yesterday... boy am I glad that is OVER...

I found that they had to do a liver biopsy.. due to enzyme levels or something and that I had a huge hiatel hyrnia.. not a small one but was told that he fixed it which is great....so far... I have not taken any more protonix... I am going to wait to see if it comes back at all before I take some... maybe this fixed it...

I do have the slight shoulder pain from the gas .. my stomach hurts.. it does hurt to walk too much so I do rest periodically... I have to teach a half hour class downtown today but that is it.. bedtime after that...

I did take pain medicine all night and the last couple of hours moved to the lazy boy chair... because it hurts to rollllll out of bed:):(

I did take some round tylenol today and the last pill was sslllooww going down but I do not think it got stuck persay... have been on Clear liquids and am surprisingly full... later today I am going to try some Soup but they said as soon as I tolerate full liquids well I can move to mushies...so that is great...

Whew.. the journey begins.......:frown::) Good thing we are the Jan Band Journeys:):)

Thanks for the good words everyone...

Jennifer

I just had my lapband done on Jan. 20th. I am in the eatting all foods now since friday. I have had no problem at all other than the liquid part, where I did get weak and hungry. I go for my first post visit tomorrow. I have lost 7 lbs. as of now. I really am not sure how to do this site, but it seems like it would be very helpful to me.

Susan in Texas

Dawn - ouch! Hope you heal soon.

Phil - yes, I've had an easy ride so far with being able to eat lots of things, but now I'm feeling hunger and really want to eat more, so it's pure will power rather than the band at this point.

Just hoping I can last to my first fill without losing control.

Hi fellow January Bandsters...

I was wondering...Do we have a cool name for our January group? I haven't read all of the posts in this thread so I don't know if one has been selected yet.

Have a Blessed Day!!

I am only 3 weeks post-op and now I am having to deal with a set-back. :frown: I had been having pain in my foot since May of 2009. It seemed to be going away over the last few months until I started on the treadmill. The pain started to get worse again so I decided to go to a podiatrist. Well to my complete surprise, I was told that I have a "Jones fracture". Basically, that means I have a broken bone in the outside of my foot, up from my baby toe. Now I have to where this huge boot for 3 months. If the bone doesn't heal, I will need surgery. :( What a pain in the you know what!!! Sorry, I am just venting...

Well, they say misery loves company. I can relate. A week ago Sat a got intense pain developing in my left foot from the ankle down through the arch to the entire bottom of my foot. The pain was so bad Sun and Mon I went to my Podiatrist they took xrays that were not conclusive. They sent me for MRI`s of my foot and ankle and I find that I have a hairline stress fracture (as well as Gout with Uric Acid levels of 12.9) I`ve never has Gout or high Uric acids before. 4 weeks post op..how can you exercise on one foot? Oh well, few calories in should still cause weight loss. We are all in this Lap Band thing for the long haul so, whats another setback?

Hi fellow January Bandsters...

I was wondering...Do we have a cool name for our January group? I haven't read all of the posts in this thread so I don't know if one has been selected yet.

Have a Blessed Day!!

Hey . . . there is a Jan Band Journey group under the social heading for those having been banded in January . . . you might want to check it out!:(

Well, they say misery loves company. I can relate. A week ago Sat a got intense pain developing in my left foot from the ankle down through the arch to the entire bottom of my foot. The pain was so bad Sun and Mon I went to my Podiatrist they took xrays that were not conclusive. They sent me for MRI`s of my foot and ankle and I find that I have a hairline stress fracture (as well as Gout with Uric Acid levels of 12.9) I`ve never has Gout or high Uric acids before. 4 weeks post op..how can you exercise on one foot? Oh well, few calories in should still cause weight loss. We are all in this LAP-BAND® thing for the long haul so, whats another setback?

Oh no, sorry to hear about that. Gout can be painful in itself. What are they going to do for your foot? Hope you heal quickly.

Dawn - ouch! Hope you heal soon.

Thanks longbaygirl!

I haven't checked in for a while and wanted to say hi to the group.

It's been a tough couple of weeks. I got strep throat when I was 8 days post-op and was on antibiotics for 10 days. Then at 16 days post-op I was diagnosed with LOW blood pressure which gave me NO energy whatsoever and I was lightheaded most of the time. I have taken a BP pill once per day for HIGH bp for about 9 years. But my primary physician is weaning me off of my bp pills now slowly. I am feeling stronger everyday and am thankful for this huge non scale victory. (I thought it would take about 6 months before that would occur.) I also lost my dear Uncle this past week and have been on an emotional rollercoaster.

So the moral to this long story of mine and the reason I'm sharing this is because even through all of this I was able to stay on track and I'm still losing. I just want to try to encourage anyone that is going through any times of difficulty post surgery. We will always get on the other side of our problems and keeping a positive attitude and keeping your eye on the prize has helped me tremendously. I'd also like to thank everyone on here for their updates and words of encouragement. It really helps to have you all to go through this with.

Take care everyone and I hope you are all doing GREAT!

:thumbup:

Claricey

I know how we all like eating tuna so I figured I would share a coupon with you all. For Walmart for free tuna.

StarKist Tuna Pouch $0.93

$1.00/1 StarKist Pouch Product – (bricks.coupons.com)

Final Price: Free

I haven't checked in for a while and wanted to say hi to the group.

It's been a tough couple of weeks. I got strep throat when I was 8 days post-op and was on antibiotics for 10 days. Then at 16 days post-op I was diagnosed with LOW blood pressure which gave me NO energy whatsoever and I was lightheaded most of the time. I have taken a BP pill once per day for HIGH bp for about 9 years. But my primary physician is weaning me off of my bp pills now slowly. I am feeling stronger everyday and am thankful for this huge non scale victory. (I thought it would take about 6 months before that would occur.) I also lost my dear Uncle this past week and have been on an emotional rollercoaster.

So the moral to this long story of mine and the reason I'm sharing this is because even through all of this I was able to stay on track and I'm still losing. I just want to try to encourage anyone that is going through any times of difficulty post surgery. We will always get on the other side of our problems and keeping a positive attitude and keeping your eye on the prize has helped me tremendously. I'd also like to thank everyone on here for their updates and words of encouragement. It really helps to have you all to go through this with.

Take care everyone and I hope you are all doing GREAT!

:thumbup:

Claricey

Claricey I am so sorry for your loss and for the hard times you are going through. Thank you for your words of encouragement. Keep hanging in there. :smile2:

I was banded 1-20-2010, and am needing people to talk to. My follow up appt is tomorrow so I guess I'll find out more then. But the support group is great!

Hey everyone!! Well I had my post-op appointment today and I've lost 35.4 lbs!! My doctor was so excited and very proud of me!! He also did my first fill (2cc's) and I go back in 2 weeks and if everything is going fine then he will do another fill. I graduated to pureed/mushies so now I am trying to decided what I want for dinner....Oh the choices!! :thumbup:

Hey everyone!! Well I had my post-op appointment today and I've lost 35.4 lbs!! My doctor was so excited and very proud of me!! He also did my first fill (2cc's) and I go back in 2 weeks and if everything is going fine then he will do another fill. I graduated to pureed/mushies so now I am trying to decided what I want for dinner....Oh the choices!! :thumbup:

Great job on the weight loss MizKelly!! I also had my first fill already last week, and will go back next week so he can check if I need another fill.

Keep up the good work!