Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

I've had 2 fills now and still have no restriction. I'm frustrated - to the point that I just eat anything I want, because I CAN. In the beginning, I was really good about tracking calories and nutrients, working out, etc. Now? I feel like I'm just in a holding pattern until I can get to some restriction. Why am I sabotaging myself? I'm stressed with work, not getting enough rest, etc....but is that really an excuse to screw myself over? Ugh. I'm apparently in dire need of some motivation.

Hey JoiaRox! I just wanted you to know that I feel the exact same way. I go for my second fill tomorrow and I sure hope that I will have some restriction. I am very frustrated right now. So pretty much everything you are feeling, I am right there with you. Hang in there, though, it has to get better. By the way, I checked out your blog and I really enjoyed reading about your journey. Keep it up, you are inspiration!:)

Celia

Hey Sister/Fellow Jan Bands...

Went for my third fill yesterday (had zero restriction from the first two)...my surgeon does small fills every two weeks. When I weighed in I found out I had lost 9 more pounds in the past two weeks. Color me shocked, seriously. Happy, thrilled, but shocked, cuz I did it without restriction. Trust me, I am usually a total turtle in the weight loss wars. I'm chalking this huge loss up to the fact that I've been eating a lot of packaged bariatric food, heavy on soy Protein, controlled portions, so I used that to control my food intake. When upon occasion I got ravenous, I would eat (don't laugh) a huge bowl of romaine lettuce with the salad dressing that you spritz on (I highly recommend this stuff) sprinkled with a tablespoon of parmesan cheese. It's really good. Today I am so tight from yesterday's fill that I can barely eat at all, so I'll let you know in a few days if restriction has been reached (yay). Wishing you all the best on the journey...

BANDING: JAN 12

WEIGHT AT BANDING: 255

FILLS TO DATE (MARCH 3) - 3

RESTRICTION- NO

CURRENT WEIGHT MARCH 3: 225

WEIGHT LOSS: 30 POUNDS:thumbup:

Howdy again group -

So following my third fill on Tuesday, when they added 1 more CC...I now find I DO have restriction -- WOO HOO!!!! -- but also that I have turned into a sliming fool. It's sooo extremely uncomfortable when food gets stuck. I think it gives me esophagal spasms as I had that when I was in the hospital and it feels the same. Today I managed to slime up some chilli, some shrimp, some broccolli and finally even some lettuce. I felt I was chew-chew-chewing veerrry carefully, it seems to be going down fine, and then suddenly...that horrible feeling of being blocked. It gets more agonizing the longer it lasts before spewing. Sorry for the nasty details, just want to know if anyone else is dealing with this. I feel like I should stick with Soups for a while. I suppose I could get them to remove a little saline but they only added 1 cc and that is what gave me restriction. Any input gratefully appreciated. Slimed twice in a restaurant -- how very well-mannered and feminine of me... any thoughts, you guys? Thanks in advance...

Howdy again group -

So following my third fill on Tuesday, when they added 1 more CC...I now find I DO have restriction -- WOO HOO!!!! -- but also that I have turned into a sliming fool. It's sooo extremely uncomfortable when food gets stuck. I think it gives me esophagal spasms as I had that when I was in the hospital and it feels the same. Today I managed to slime up some chilli, some shrimp, some broccolli and finally even some lettuce. I felt I was chew-chew-chewing veerrry carefully, it seems to be going down fine, and then suddenly...that horrible feeling of being blocked. It gets more agonizing the longer it lasts before spewing. Sorry for the nasty details, just want to know if anyone else is dealing with this. I feel like I should stick with Soups for a while. I suppose I could get them to remove a little saline but they only added 1 cc and that is what gave me restriction. Any input gratefully appreciated. Slimed twice in a restaurant -- how very well-mannered and feminine of me... any thoughts, you guys? Thanks in advance...

I had my second fill on Mar 1, and I am in the same situation, although I am not as much sliming as PBing, and last night a full blown throw-up while trying to eat supper. I, too had an "episode" in a restaurant the other day--won't make that mistake again!! I am trying to stick to soft, moist foods, but even drinking is uncomfortable. I, too, think I will go to soups for a while and see if that helps. I don't want to get an un-fill, I'm hoping it will loosen a little. In fairness to my MD, he was hesitant about giving me a fill, as I had lost 9 lbs last month. I felt I was doing it all on my own (working out and walking 40-45 min each - each day) and wanted a little more help. I'm going to stick it out, I just wish that nearly everything wasn't painful going down. Hang in there, CheriLynne (& everyone else) - we can do this!! :smile2:

OMG! I go for my 2nd fill next week, and as excited as I am, I'm not scared listening to your stories. YIKES! We're really doing this now, folks. ICK!

But I really need the restriction. I was able to eat TWO pieces of pizza AND the toppings off a THIRD slice! Oh my GAWD! I still can't believe I did that, but I was so hungry and frustrated. And now I'm just mad at myself. Dangit!

Going for my (second) fill this coming Monday too! Had 4 1/2 cc put in my Lap Band at Surgery and had additional 1 cc put in 4 weeks ago. Total of 5 1/2 cc in 14 cc Band. Very little restriction now and basically can eat anything....bread,rice,pasta, celery, with no problem. Still loosing slowly but only by watching portion size very carefully. Think I`ll have either a half cc or maybe 1cc added. I`d rather have to rely on a bit of self-control then have the sliming and stuck food episodes! Guess its a trial and error on the fills until we reach our on individual (sweet spot) of constriction or have to rely on mostly will power to continue with slow weight loss. But, the purpose of Surgery was to eliminate the need to (diet) and the Lap Band tool was placed to help eliminate the hunger cravings.

I have only the one fill (4cc) and I have had PBing... an incident of sliming... yuck.. will never eat those noodles again...

I do the PBing like crazy... but I am so happy... the wicked hunger pangs have been gone since surgery.. level of food is lower than prior to surgery (although I would still appreciate even lower if I could).. but I am getting something done.. so there must be some restriction... I tried to eat bread the other day....yeah...not so much... so I ate the meat... I am having a lot of Soups and juices but I put crackers in my Soup to mush it up and it works.. I eat half a can of Soup and then the other half later in the day... that would have been a snack before the lap band.

I find that I can eat more in the morning than at night... so I have to make good choices....I try to eat eggs but sometimes don't have time so I have an applesauce and then something an hour later....

I treat this lapband as I would test driving a car... I am taking it out and seeing what can be done.....whenever I introduce a new food.. I am careful .... but there are times I forget about the band, take a big bite and am "politely" reminded by the band (buddy-aid is his name) that hey.. don't try that sister....

I love this band though... even if I lose weight slow.. I am happy...I will never regret this...

The only problem I am having I wish I could get rid of is the port pain...does anyone still have this or is it just me....?

Thanks

Jen

WOOHOO!! Getting fill #2 today. Praying this one helps. I haven't lost a pound in 2 weeks and even GAINED one!! That's not good. :sad:

WOOHOO!! Getting fill #2 today. Praying this one helps. I haven't lost a pound in 2 weeks and even GAINED one!! That's not good. :sad:

Good luck TXPRINCESS....

I think you will be happy....:wub: Just eat sllloooww... don't ask me how I know:):)

Jennifer

The only problem I am having I wish I could get rid of is the port pain...does anyone still have this or is it just me....?

Thanks

Jen

I still have some port pain here and there. I am 7 weeks post-op today. My first fill was 2/25, almost two weeks ago, and that gave me some soreness, tenderness for about a week, too.

I don`t mean to be insensitive, but come on girls.......all this complaining about port sensitivity and minor discomfort after a (fill)? Hell, if you can endure and tolerate the pain of child birth, I find it difficult to understand this minor discomfort?

I don`t mean to be insensitive, but come on girls.......all this complaining about port sensitivity and minor discomfort after a (fill)? Hell, if you can endure and tolerate the pain of child birth, I find it difficult to understand this minor discomfort?

Excuse me, Phil1336, who is complaining? Stating that there is some tenderness or soreness is not complaining. Jen asked if anyone else experienced it, and I answered. Simple, to-the-point. No complaining. (Though, if you DO want to hear complaining, I can find some stuff to complain about!)

Excuse me, Phil1336, who is complaining? Stating that there is some tenderness or soreness is not complaining. Jen asked if anyone else experienced it, and I answered. Simple, to-the-point. No complaining. (Though, if you DO want to hear complaining, I can find some stuff to complain about!)

Sorry for intruding into an obvious all female discussion! I apologize and will excuse myself immediately. I don`t deal well with "touchy" women that get agitated over minor nonsense like having a "bad hair day"! Take your hyper-sensitivity and share it with one of your delicate (sisters). Maybe your (Band) needs another adjustment!

Hey JoiaRox! I just wanted you to know that I feel the exact same way. I go for my second fill tomorrow and I sure hope that I will have some restriction. I am very frustrated right now. So pretty much everything you are feeling, I am right there with you. Hang in there, though, it has to get better. By the way, I checked out your blog and I really enjoyed reading about your journey. Keep it up, you are inspiration!:thumbup:

Celia

Thanks girl!! Life is awesome now - got the third fill this past Saturday and HELLO RESTRICTION! It's definitely been a trial and error learning curve as I reteach my brain and mouth to take SMALL bites and CHEW CHEW CHEW! But, it's awesomely insane to hardly ever be hungry! On the odd chance I do get hungry? A few bites fill me up. I'm still making sure I get my calories/protein/water in every day, but it's glorious!!!!

Thanks everyone for the update on the port pain.. the new pain that we are all dealing with and kind wondering how everyone else was doing with it (that was for Phil:):frown:

I am happy to say that the port pain has subsided 6 weeks post surgery...

I am also happy to say that I am down 22 pounds 6 weeks post surger and now... drumroll...

Clothes are getting LOOSE!!!! I am not ready to downsize yet.. but... those tight skirts.. well now I have the wiggle room (probably my true size now:):frown: but you didn't here that from me....

I will tell you that I am on the site abuot every 2-3 days now and really do look to see how everyone is doing.. especially us Jan 2010 bandsters...

Today I went to get some cortisone shots in the knee and the doc could tell I lost weight.. that was a NSV... I love telling everyone I had the band.. I am sharing it with everyone...

Why.. well.. just like everyone here.. I have struggled with weight.. and for the first time in my life.. weight is coming off without the stress that usually came with the diet.. or the screaming hunger pangs....

I also know that I could be taking it off faster if I desired... but I am happy with the process.. I don't care if it is one pound a week.. because losing one pound a week is better than gaining a pound a week.. and better than staying status quo...

However, that being said.. SPRING is in the air.. the weather is warming up here in Wisconsin.. and with my new found weightloss I want to start going for my walks again.. I am feeling physically and mentally refreshed...

I love my "Buddy Aid" friend in my lap band.. I will forever be loyal....

My only regret..... why didn't I do this so long ago... but alas.. this is my journey... and even if I didn't lose another pound I would be happy.. because the food is not controlling me anymore... I can have time to plan a meal instead of grabbing something to fill the belly....

So let's hear it... who else is happy today and why?