Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pjtp...again!

It's FRIDAY!!!

Whoo hoo and yabba dabba and so on...even day 3 of cool temps and rain will not dampen my spirit!

I hope you hear something positive from your interview Ebony!

Have a good day all!

Could not agree more Taps! I had today off, and loved it! Went and got new tires on my car, and spent the day shopping with my Mom. Something we used to do frequently, but not much since I went to work. I miss it, I miss time with her.

I also had an amazing surprise today----a bit early, but DH had my rings sized, and I can again wear my wedding rings! They had been a size 9----now they are a 6!!! YAY!!! They have been cleaned and shine so much, they take my breath away, I love them as much today as I did all those years ago!!!

Well, I have to go to a funeral visitation tonight....not something I am looking forward to. It is the father of a former friend. He was a very special man, and while I no longer choose to be friends with his DD, I would not wish this loss on anyone, and know going is the right thing to do.

She and I had been best of friends from 6th grade on through 5 years ago. Sadly she does not "get" why we are no longer friends. She spent 2 years lying to me, while she was involved with my ex husband. Now I never thought she was that stupid, but if she seriously wanted him, then tell me, do not lie. It caused a serious rift between my DD and I. My ex called me, and he knew stuff that I thought the only way he would know was through our DD. I ask her not to share such personal stuff with him---she tells me she didn't. I all but called my own Daughter a liar. Ends up, she was not the liar. Through the time they were together, she borrowed money from me--which was not unusual, but she had been a single parent, and we helped her from time to time. We bought her son steel toed boots for his job, and spent 2 days moving her--our fuel and our backs, lugging heavy beds etc. Then I went over to drop some things for the kids, and lo and behold.....and when it all comes out, it has been going on for over ayear! I helped feed him, when he never paid his child support to help feed his child? And my "friend" knew this? Sorry, with friends like that, who needs enemies???? So I have not had anything to do with them in years. In the meantime, my ex, did her like he has every other female in his life, cheated, used and abused, and moved on.....

So then I hear her Dad is terminal, so I went to the hospital to see him, and he had not changed, I still love her parents. It was her bad choice not theirs.

But tonight at the visitation is the first time I have to deal directly with her since all this went on.

I know it is terribly vain, but I must say, during times like this, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my band!!! I can do it without worry about my weight, and I ALWAYS worried about it in front of people who knew me in my thin days!!!

Guess I will go get dressed.....I keep typing, and losing where I am at, looking at my ring!!! LOL

I also had an amazing surprise today----a bit early, but DH had my rings sized, and I can again wear my wedding rings! They had been a size 9----now they are a 6!!! YAY!!! They have been cleaned and shine so much, they take my breath away, I love them as much today as I did all those years ago!!!

What a wonderful surprise, Kat! What a sweetie your DH is!

I know you will handle the visitation with class and grace; I'm sure it will be awkward with the ex friend though. Remember though this is a time of great grief, and so emotions will be raw. Keep your distance from her.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Made the visitation without issue, was smoothed over by a mutual friend (another of the "old" gang) being there with her when we arrived.

We spent an hour or so sitting and visiting, with her, as well as with her family. Was extremely sad. Not just due to the loss of her Dad, who was a totally wonderful man, but my former friend looked bad. I know she has been through a hard time, but this is alcohol abuse related. That was hard to take. I had not seen her in awhile, and it was sad to me. I don't wish bad things for her, but she is not in good shape.

We went to that, then to dinner, so now we will leave out waaaaaaaay early in the AM for Albq. I am talking middle of the night. But I needed to do this, and the kids can sleep in the car on the way.

Will check in when we get back. Hope to hear great news from Ebony!!!

besides, someone has to offer me a job first - I can't just show up at an organization, waltz in, sit down, arrange a salary and start working without being an employee....or can i?

Hey tap -- If you try that and it works let me know. Sounds better than all this *&%^ interviewing and being 2nd choice!!

Do what your heart tells you to do!!

Hey tap -- If you try that and it works let me know. Sounds better than all this *&%^ interviewing and being 2nd choice!!

Life would be so much easier, wouldn't it!:thumbup::w00t:

Have a great weekend everyone!

PJTP...Hi Everyone! *waving cheerfully*

Having a terrific day! :thumbup:

Went out with DH last night to a neighborhood bar / watering hole. Last time we went, there was a great DJ - lots of dancing and fun. This time, there was a local band - a little too "headbanger" for me, but okay...not much "dancing" music.

****** NSV Alert ******

Best part? Wore a purple knit mini-dress that I bought weeks ago at a size LARGE and had never worn. I've lost enough and reshaped my body enough that with the right shaper (I have a tummy fold with the loss of volume LOL) it looked really cute. Pair that with a pair of high heels (which I love) and I was ready to go! Funny enough, I was one of the few women in a dress! Everyone else had on jeans and nice tops...oh well - DH appreciated the dress VERY much...made for a nice night.

Got in at 1 am, so no run this morning, but I did take DDog for an early walk, did some errands, and took him for another long walk just now with DD.

My DD is in the preliminary process of getting a band - she's now on LBT as arianad09 - Y'all be nice to her! :tt1: She's already posting in the Teen forum, and has made some online buddies. We're going to an info session this upcoming week, and I'll be trying to get her in to see my doctor as soon as it can be arranged. We're trying to work around her school schedule, and getting TO the appointments is a hassle because of the distance from my home to my doc's office, but we'll make it work.

I think she's ready to do this...and even if she's not, I'll be there to help her with information-gathering, etc and with making the right decision. Of course, it's not entirely up to me, and I know it's not, but I can help her whereever possible.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend - no news yet on the job front, but I'm hopeful that I'll hear something next week. My DH told me that another employee's son has applied for the lower-level position, so there are two of us with the "inside track" looking for the jobs. There are two openings - a higher-level one, which I think I'm more qualified for, and a lower-level one, which I would certainly take if asked, but might be better suited for the young man mentioned earlier.

Keep praying / wishing / sending good thoughts my way - I can use all the positive help I can get! :tt2:

Edited by EbonyRose
added nsv alert

I saw that! No Dane, that's pure Landseer, baby! While I prefer my Newfs in the more "pure" traditional colors, some folks are crazy about the 'seer.

My Newf Tug may not be as tall (at the shoulder), but he is clearly heavier, and I'll wager nearly as long (snout to tail). I'll try to measure him snout-to-tail tomorrow while he's sleeping.....because when he's not asleep, he keeps rolling over to get his belly scratched at my approach.

I thought he looked too lean and tall to be a purebred. Are the 'seers really that different body-type wise? I haven't seen too many pics of them but they always "looked" like a regular newf, just different colors.

Have you been able to get Tug asleep long enough to measure him? Maybe YOU have the biggest doggie!!! Post pics of him, 'kay. Please!!!!!

The only thing I am 'sold' on, is leaving this job - another city for a different job, that's good,; same city different job - I'd do it, but definitely not first choice. Compromise has been the way in our relationship - which is why a first time of 'no' is difficult to accept.

oh well, no quick decisions for me on anything - besides, someone has to offer me a job first - I can't just show up at an organization, waltz in, sit down, arrange a salary and start working without being an employee....or can i?

Compromise and communication are biggies in our house too. I just offer ALL of my best wishes to you in this.

Do what your heart tells you to do!!

Still nothing? Dang! I was hoping you'd have good news by now! I'll keep praying for you and that new job!

PJTP...Hi Everyone! *waving cheerfully*

Having a terrific day! :thumbup:

Hi!!! Glad you're having a good weekend.

Congrats on the NSV!!! I can tell you are having SO much fun with all the clothes!!!

Best wishes to your DD in whatever she decides. I know that you'll do all you can to help her and guide her.

Still praying re: the job!

Kat, hope you had a great weekend with the kiddos!!!

~~~~~

Okay, so was posting on another thread tonight when I heard a huge bang outside. The dog is throwing a bloody fit and heading to the kitchen side of the house.

I turn on the front porch light and head for the kitchen door. It's got a window in it. This is important here. There is an outside light at that door that's on a sensor. Well, it's not on but the dog, who HATES going in the kitchen, is practically at the door! So I'm standing there, open up the shade and am flipping the damn light switch off and on to get the dumb thing to come ON!!! It finally does and Oh CRAP!!!! BEAR!!!!! Not FOUR FEET AWAY!!!!!

It looks at me and dummy me is clapping my hands and telling it to go away. Ummm, yea, like it's going to LISTEN to me!!! So I turn to go get the camera b/c it's flippin' RIGHT THERE!!! And when I get back, it's gone.

I am thanking GOD that I didn't do what I normally do and throw the door open to go see what was up. The light never came on b/c he came in on all fours so was too "short" to trip the light on. What I normally do is throw open the door and walk out to the garbage can (that sits right by the door) waving my hand up in the air to trip the sensor. I would have WALKED RIGHT IN TO HIM had I done that tonight!!!!

GOD stopped me from opening that door. Since the light didn't come on, I would have no reason the think something was RIGHT THERE!!!!

He'd knocked the can over and managed to get the lid off. I know better. I cleaned out the fridge today and locked the lid on it to keep the raccoons out but should have put it in the shed. Just didn't think about the bears. And the campgrounds are closed for the season so they're moving in to the neighborhoods to go after the garbage cans. So I know better. Lived here for 30 years! I should!!!

Anyway, it stuck around for awhile, probably eating whatever it took out of the can b/c the dog was still freaking out for awhile. She's calmed down right now so he's probably moved on for tonight.

He didn't make a huge mess but it'll be huge by morning. The 'coons will get in to it next and spread it all over kingdom-come!! But I'm not going out there TONIGHT to clean it up. It can frickin' stay there for now!!!

On another note, I'm still sick. I hate being sick!!!!

Oh man! It's 12:30, I'm going to bed! 'Night!!

Wore a purple knit mini-dress that I bought weeks ago at a size LARGE and had never worn. I've lost enough and reshaped my body enough that with the right shaper (I have a tummy fold with the loss of volume LOL) it looked really cute. Pair that with a pair of high heels (which I love) and I was ready to go!

My DD is in the preliminary process of getting a band - she's now on LBT as arianad09 - I think she's ready to do this...and even if she's not, I'll be there to help her with information-gathering, etc and with making the right decision.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend - no news yet on the job front, but I'm hopeful that I'll hear something next week.

Congrats on the NSV - that's wonderful! And of course all the best wishes/positive vibes I can send are on your way.

Ariana is lucky to have you to help her make decisions, hear the good and the bad and guide her through the decision making process,

Have you been able to get Tug asleep long enough to measure him? Maybe YOU have the biggest doggie!!! Post pics of him, 'kay. Please!!!!!

I am thanking GOD that I didn't do what I normally do and throw the door open to go see what was up. The light never came on b/c he came in on all fours so was too "short" to trip the light on. I would have WALKED RIGHT IN TO HIM had I done that tonight!!!!

Yes, pics of Tug please.

WOW - a close encounter of the bear kind - God was indeed looking out for you.:thumbup::scared2:

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. DH is home this weekend, right?

Happy Saturday everyone!!

Sheesh! Deader 'n a doornail around here today!

Well, DD and I got the nasty garbage picked up today. Gross. He peed on some of it and there was scat in the middle of some other of it! Now the can stinks to high heaven b/c of the pee-soaked garbage! YUCK! It's a real earthy, sour stench. Hard to describe but definitely Bear!!

Not much going on today. Feel slightly better. After DD and I picked up garbage we helped DH gather wood around the place. He's been trimming trees and taking a few of the smaller-doing-nothing-in -the-way-of-better trees so there were oak logs all over the place. He still has to buck up a tree he fell and another HUGE branch that is the size of a small tree that came off of one of our oaks last summer. It was a work-out since I've been sick. Being down for a few days really kicks your butt! I kept having to take breaks. Crazy!

DD is in the tub now so I'm playing on here. Got dinner done and cleaned up. It was a good dinner.

Well, she's ready to get out. Better go. I'll check in tomorrow night. I have to go to the city tomorrow for a fill appt then shopping afterwards.

Have a great Monday everyone! 'Night!!

Hi all :sad: Just a quick drive by posting to wave at everyone and then I have to get back to my packing. Moving day is tomorrow!! We've already got the keys to the new house and spent the weekend putting locks on all the windows and doors (would you believe not a SINGLE lock worked in the house? The windows didn't even HAVE locks to work!) While Chris was being Mr Handyman, I was working my butt off cleaning the litter and disgusting rubbish from the front porch and back patio area and weeding the 3ft high weeds growing in between the bricks of all the paved areas. I was so proud of myself at the end of it - I cleared out an area 11m x 8m (that's about 1ft shy of 950 square foot!!) all by myself in one afternoon.

Here's a before and after shot of the main part of the area I did:

BackYard02.jpg

BackYard02After.jpg

The inside of the house was just filthy. I don't know how anyone can live like that!! I have cleaners over there right now, disinfecting everything in sight, before we move our furniture in tomorrow.

*hugs* to all - I'll probably be MIA for the next couple of days - so much to do!!

*edits*

This is how thick the grass/weeds were in the area where I am sitting (in the above photo):

NewHouse017.jpg

Edited by Fanny Adams

HI everyone! Missing my morning chats with Slim, sigh...

To my Canadian friends and family, Happy Thanksgiving!

Fanny - your house will look beautiful! Just from the exterior shot I see a light airy sunny home. I'm with you though, how people can live is such garbage, crap, filth and weeds is beyond me! I'll want to see lots of after shots..

Heart - yes indeed, it was dead in here yesterday. Your day sounds less fun than Fanny's - cleaning up bear peed garbage and scat! Hope you're feeling better.

As for me, another rainy Monday. Frost last night...still lingering at 8am. overnight was 28 degrees....

Ebony - My 19 year old daughter got a band December of last year. She is on here too! :sad:

PJTP...Good morning (nearly afternoon) all! :sad:

Busy morning at work...lots going on, which is why it's taken me until after 11 am to get in my first post of the day!:scared2:

I thought he looked too lean and tall to be a purebred. Are the 'seers really that different body-type wise? I haven't seen too many pics of them but they always "looked" like a regular newf, just different colors.

OMG - that is a BIG dog! I can't show my DH that - he would want one...our down-the-street neighbor has two Mastiffs - they are that tall, and almost as heavy. It's funny - I think the dogs outweigh their owners...don't know how (or even if) they get walked!

Yes - want to see pics of Tug...love big dogs!

Hi!!! Glad you're having a good weekend.

Congrats on the NSV!!! I can tell you are having SO much fun with all the clothes!!!

Thanks so much! I am having fun, though trying to exercise some restraint...I could easily go into major debt with clothes and accessories...it's an easy thing to do for me! I need an 'Imelda Marcos' size closet...and then an unlimited budget to fill it up!:sad:

Best wishes to your DD in whatever she decides. I know that you'll do all you can to help her and guide her.

Thanks for the vote of confidence - she's enjoying the teen forum a lot so far. Got some good advice from a friend at church on Sunday re:Overeaters Anonymous...I think I'll try to get her to go to a meeting or two so she can get some help with the head issues.

Still praying re: the job!

Me too - hoping for positive news today!

Okay, so was posting on another thread tonight when I heard a huge bang outside. The dog is throwing a bloody fit and heading to the kitchen side of the house.

I turn on the front porch light and head for the kitchen door. It's got a window in it. This is important here. There is an outside light at that door that's on a sensor. Well, it's not on but the dog, who HATES going in the kitchen, is practically at the door! So I'm standing there, open up the shade and am flipping the damn light switch off and on to get the dumb thing to come ON!!! It finally does and Oh CRAP!!!! BEAR!!!!! Not FOUR FEET AWAY!!!!!

WHAT ON EARTH?!?!?!?!?! An Actual BEAR?

It looks at me and dummy me is clapping my hands and telling it to go away. Ummm, yea, like it's going to LISTEN to me!!! So I turn to go get the camera b/c it's flippin' RIGHT THERE!!! And when I get back, it's gone.

Thank GOD it left!

I am thanking GOD that I didn't do what I normally do and throw the door open to go see what was up. The light never came on b/c he came in on all fours so was too "short" to trip the light on. What I normally do is throw open the door and walk out to the garbage can (that sits right by the door) waving my hand up in the air to trip the sensor. I would have WALKED RIGHT IN TO HIM had I done that tonight!!!!

Yikes - you had Angels riding shotgun with you that night...

GOD stopped me from opening that door. Since the light didn't come on, I would have no reason the think something was RIGHT THERE!!!!

I'm so glad you're okay!

Hope today finds you feeling much better...

Oh man! It's 12:30, I'm going to bed! 'Night!!

Hi all :thumbup: Just a quick drive by posting to wave at everyone and then I have to get back to my packing. Moving day is tomorrow!! We've already got the keys to the new house and spent the weekend putting locks on all the windows and doors (would you believe not a SINGLE lock worked in the house? The windows didn't even HAVE locks to work!) While Chris was being Mr Handyman, I was working my butt off cleaning the litter and disgusting rubbish from the front porch and back patio area and weeding the 3ft high weeds growing in between the bricks of all the paved areas. I was so proud of myself at the end of it - I cleared out an area 11m x 8m (that's about 1ft shy of 950 square foot!!) all by myself in one afternoon.

I like the house, Fanny - and you did quite a bit of work!

The inside of the house was just filthy. I don't know how anyone can live like that!! I have cleaners over there right now, disinfecting everything in sight, before we move our furniture in tomorrow.

Like you, I don't understand that...why people leave houses so nasty when they go, I'll never get used to...

*hugs* to all - I'll probably be MIA for the next couple of days - so much to do!!

Don't work TOO hard, Fanny - but like you, I would be wanting to make the place my own and working dawn till dusk to make it so...

*edits*

This is how thick the grass/weeds were in the area where I am sitting (in the above photo):

Yikes! :thumbup: