Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pjtp...again!

Hello?????

Anyone here?

Slow day? Everyone super busy? Everyone gone to another thread? Everyone has me on ignore????:D:thumbup:

I'm getting excited now about my move - we get the keys early (on Friday), so only a few days now, and then official settlement and moving day is next Tuesday (one week today!) In all of this, Wednesday is the one year anniversary of the day I met Chris... I can't believe so much has happened and my life has changed so radically in one little year.

Wow! What a year for you! Best wishes on the final stuff for the houses! SO EXCITING!!!

Me tooo! Except when I wake up, there's an obese puggle crowding me!

What the hell is a puggle? I got the pug part but what's the "le" part??? And if that thing is on the bed, where does your poor newfie sleep? I'm thinking you're not taking care of him. He needs a new home in CA!!! LOL!!!!

Well, the dreary weather is back - cool and raining, with a forecast of more of the same for the week....blech! I really want it to clear up for the weekend so that DH and I can: get apple picking again; pick up my mother from town and bring her for another visit; and see the grandson!

Hope it clears up for you. You've still got the rest of the week so keep hoping!

Hello?????

Anyone here?

Slow day? Everyone super busy? Everyone gone to another thread? Everyone has me on ignore????:D:thumbup:

Nope, you're not on ignore. NEVER! Just now getting on. DD is sick. No school today and probably not Thursday either.

I had to run a couple of errands and she was insisting on going to school so we got the verbal NO from her teacher, I picked stuff up from the office upstairs and we left. I knew her teacher wouldn't let her stay! Stubborn as she is, she had to hear it from her herself. Then it was off to pick up my BP Rx and drop some stuff in the mail.

Now we're home for the day.

My mom was going to come down today and we were going to go clothes shopping for DD tomorrow but that's all been changed now. I'll do the shopping when I go down on Monday for my fill appt. If I'm not sick and need to cancel. We'll see what happens.

Hoping DH will be back in the county by the end of the week so he gets his days off Sunday but doesn't sound like the fire is cooperating. I haven't heard any news yet today so hopefully it's getting better today.

UGH! Need to go clip all of my fingernails off. They are growing really fast and nice with the Biotin but then I'll break one. So I just cut them all off and start over again So that's on the agenda today!

DD is hungry. She wants a cookie and some milk! LOL! She's only had a small cup of Water and a spoonful of Peanut Butter and that's it. The cookie is an oatmeal one so I'll probably let her have it! She eats really good for the most part so I'm not too worried about it.

I'll BBL.

PJTP...

Busy day today...HI TAP! *waving* :cursing:

Been stuck on the phone, in the files and on the computer all day...two days before our application submission deadline and the candidates are collectively losing their minds...

Plus that flu shot I got yesterday is catching up with me. Energy level is just about down to zero, my 'monthly visitor' arrived, and I'm eating like a starving draft horse!:thumbup:

Thankfully, I've only got 90 minutes left in my day...I did finish my final paper for Humanities class last night. Will do a final read-through and submit tonight so I can finally relax. Classes start up again the end of next week, so I want to take advantage of the break.

Found a new rolling bag for my commute - a Nicole Miller, on sale for under $50 at Staples. Didn't realize how much of a difference good rolling wheels can make! My left shoulder is stiff and painful (doc says bursitis, recommended trying to strengthen it with exercise and if that doesn't work, cortisone shots). That means no over-the-shoulder bag for me for a while. Don't know what I'll do when the snow flies...cross that bridge when I get there.

Virtual shopping on EBay...currently wearing a size L Tahari dress that I found there...grey knit with black accents - love the dress, love even more that it's a size L and not an XL, a XXL or some such. :D

Back to the phones, filing and such...hopefully I'll BBL, but if not, have a great night everyone! :ohmy:

Hello?????

Anyone here?

Slow day? Everyone super busy? Everyone gone to another thread? Everyone has me on ignore????:biggrin::)

I've been sleeping!!

What the hell is a puggle? I got the pug part but what's the "le" part???

Pug / Beagle cross. The are built like pugs, but have a "snout". Very cute, very lovey, very lazy dogs. Our puggle is a snuggler. She sleeps with the family during the night, and then when I come in from work she sleeps w/ me during the day. Google images of puggles and you'll fall in love.

And if that thing is on the bed, where does your poor newfie sleep?

OMG!! He's waaaaaaaay too big to get his big ass on the bed, lol.

Hi Everyone! Nice to see you Tap!

I've been sleeping!!

Pug / Beagle cross. The are built like pugs, but have a "snout". Very cute, very lovey, very lazy dogs. Our puggle is a snuggler. She sleeps with the family during the night, and then when I come in from work she sleeps w/ me during the day. Google images of puggles and you'll fall in love.

You have one of these???

puggle1.jpg

"Behold the puggle. No, not the all-the-rave beagle-pug hybrid. This is a baby echidna. Echidnas and platypus are the only Australian marsupials to lay eggs, which is one possible reason as to why their offspring were given their own name: puggle. Don't Aussie animals have some great names? When puggles hatch, they only measure about 1.3 cm and about 0.3 of a gram (that's tiny, y'all)."

(Btw, the writer is mistaken. Echidnas (which look a bit like a hedgehog) are not marsupials; they are monotremes - egg laying mammals. 1.3cm = 0.5in, 0.3g = 0.01 ounces (what's a smaller measurement than an ounce in imperial?)

I've been sleeping!!

Oh they sound cute! Totally didn't think of the Beagle. I like both pugs and beagles. Both good breeds.

Well, why haven't you made a ramp or steps for him? Sheesh! 'Course that means you might have to go find yourself another bed! LOL!!!

Hi Everyone! Nice to see you Tap!

Hi CC! How was your trip? You're back now, right? I lose all sense of time. It's bad.

You have one of these???

(Btw, the writer is mistaken. Echidnas (which look a bit like a hedgehog) are not marsupials; they are monotremes - egg laying mammals. 1.3cm = 0.5in, 0.3g = 0.01 ounces (what's a smaller measurement than an ounce in imperial?)

I'd say, awww, but not so sure about that! LOL! Bet they're cute when they've got some hair covering them!!

So are they being bred or are they cross-breeding in the wild? Not so sure that's a good idea, messing with nature like that and different types of animals. Cross-breeding dogs is one thing, they're all the same family but I'm not so sure about this.

~~~~~

Off to bed soon. DD is NOT feeling good. I'm exhausted, what with being up with her last night and then today.

I did do some of her clothes shopping online today. JC Penny is having a sale and so got some great deals then had a promo code they sent me and got even more off. Didn't mind paying the shipping then. I got most of what she needs and I can pick the rest up next week when I'm in town. I love saving money!

EBONY, I'm sending prayers, best wishes, good vibes, hugs and whatever else I can think of for your interview tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone.

Heartfire, the puggles here aren't a cross breed of anything. That's the name given to the echidna babies when they hatch out of their egg. Echidna's and platypus are strange little creatures that baffled the scientific world when they were first discovered in our early days. Initially, the scientists thought they were a hoax, because they couldn't imagine that any creature could be so strange, but they are real and not artificially created in any way.

Echidnas resemble hedgehogs with long spines, lay eggs in burrows and suckle their young like mammals once hatched.

echidna-flickr.jpg

Platypus are even stranger, resembling a tiny beaver or otter with a duck bill and duck feet, but also lays eggs in burrows and suckles its young. It also has a venomous spur on its hind legs - the only venomous mammal in the world.

94548-004-C7D19019.jpg

Morning all!

Ebony - bestwishes, fingers and toes crossed for your interview today

Fanny - awww....those critters look so sweet

Plain - puggle?

Heart - Have a good shopping expedition. and hope you are feeling better.

Hi CC!!!

I'm using DH's computer - much to his frustration - and I hate it - he has a gajillion apps all open and in use, weird screen layouts etc...but since he 'upgraded' mine when I was away, it is non-functional! LEAVE YOUR PAWS OFF MY MACHINE. :biggrin::angry:

Wild and wooly night of storms and high winds lasst night - fall is definitely here, no doubt about it. Can winter (BRRR) be far behind???:)

Off to work now; I'll check in later!

Question: If I end up in Oz (the land of, not the prison), will I like it?

The high winds and rain continue....

PJTP...Good morning Everyone!

We've got the cold, rainy, windy weather here in New England this morning also...my house is chilly and I think a bowl of oatmeal or grits will be on my menu this morning. Brrr...and I don't even want to THINK about winter right now...without my extra 'blanket' I'm not sure how I'll make it this winter! :biggrin:

Feeling like I need to winterize my house...put plastic on windows, insulate, etc...I'm in full-on 'cocooning' mode...thinking about chili or beef stew for dinner...breaking out the crock pot again!

Have a good day, everyone!:)

Is rainy and windy here too-----hoping like crazy it clears before Saturday! We are going down to Albuquerque on Friday night, to be there for the balloon Fiesta. Hundreds of hot air balloons----all shapes and sizes, amazing thing to see, and you can walk among them. Many, many times, DH gets hollered at for help holding something, grabbing a line. We are taking the middle grandkids. a 3 year old and a 4 year old. They get along SOOOOO well, it is almost scary! They are cousins, not siblings, so when we go for a weekend, or when they get time together it is different, and there is not an over exposure kind of thing!

The 4 year old went with us last year, during a small balloon rally, so she knows what the balloons are and how big they are, she just has no idea of the amount she will see. The grandson, has birthday party balloons in his head! He will be such fun.

We had an old family video on the other night of his Grandpa wrestling a steer to the ground, and I had seen it when it happened as well as having seen the video before, but the grandson watching it was priceless! Huge eyes, and oh so impressed with Papa!!

Ebony---I hope this job is the PERFECT one for you! It would get you totally out of the work place you are now, and that would be wonderful!!!

Better get moving, it is so dark out with the weather it is deceptive with time!

Echidnas resemble hedgehogs with long spines, lay eggs in burrows and suckle their young like mammals once hatched.

Platypus are even stranger, resembling a tiny beaver or otter with a duck bill and duck feet, but also lays eggs in burrows and suckles its young. It also has a venomous spur on its hind legs - the only venomous mammal in the world.

Thanks Fanny! I have actually seen (pictures/TV) both but didn't know what the Echidnas were. I read what you had said wrong and thought they were cross-breeding them! Probably had that in my head with the dog stuff. Appreciate the pics. I find them fascinating.

Didn't know about the venomous spurs on the Platypus! Yikes! Gotta be careful with those critters.

I'm using DH's computer - much to his frustration - and I hate it - he has a gajillion apps all open and in use, weird screen layouts etc...but since he 'upgraded' mine when I was away, it is non-functional! LEAVE YOUR PAWS OFF MY MACHINE. :thumbup::angry:

Wild and wooly night of storms and high winds lasst night - fall is definitely here, no doubt about it. Can winter (BRRR) be far behind???:cursing:

Thanks, Tap but it's DD who is sick, tho I may not be far behind. :drool:

DH asks ME to fix computer stuff. He's even afraid to even touch mine when he wants to check on something real quick and mine's on but his isn't. He'll sometimes go ahead and wait for his to boot up instead of just using mine! LOL!

Bet the storms were something else! I'm thinking we should switch were we live. You come live here and I go live there. I love your weather and you seem to like mine! LOL!

Question: If I end up in Oz (the land of, not the prison), will I like it?

The high winds and rain continue....

Tap, as long as the weather is sunny and warm, you'll love it! LOL!! :redface: (Couldn't resist!!)

I'm in full-on 'cocooning' mode...thinking about chili or beef stew for dinner...breaking out the crock pot again!

Already there! Been using the woodstove, tho it's warming up for a few days so won't need it. And I've already had chili in the crockpot. Have the leftovers in the freezer!!

Be sure to let us know how the interview goes today! Best wishes!!!!

We are going down to Albuquerque on Friday night, to be there for the balloon Fiesta. Hundreds of hot air balloons----all shapes and sizes, amazing thing to see, and you can walk among them.

We had an old family video on the other night of his Grandpa wrestling a steer to the ground, and I had seen it when it happened as well as having seen the video before, but the grandson watching it was priceless! Huge eyes, and oh so impressed with Papa!!

You are going to have so much fun with the kids! I think even the 4 yr old is going to be impressed again!

How fun for them to see Grandpa in action!!! So cool!

~~~~~

DD slept in til about 9 this AM. She seems a little better but she'll stay home from school again tomorrow. We'll just resume back up next week. Then they have the week after that one off for Fall Break :wink2: and then back to school. We'll see how many colds she gets for this month!

Better go so I can get some work done. TTFN!

Hello everyone,

My name is Donna. Formerly known as FailureIsntAnOption. For those of you who may not know, I was the person involved in the dialogue that resulted in Headhunter's suspension.

Since returning to LBT yesterday, I have been reading through this thread and have a few things I would like to say. My spelling and grammar are terrible so please bare with me.

First of all I am sorry that things have become so heated between those of you who were at one time friends. I hope you can all move past this and become friends again in the future. I am partly to blame for this and accept full responsibility for my part in it. My communication with HH is not something I am proud of.

Headhunter, I am sorry things got so out of hand and I truly hope we can move forward with a clean slate. I will put forth my best effort in the future to try to not be so oversensitive.

To Alex and the mods, I am sorry all this has happened and for any stress this has caused all of you. I deserve to be suspended for my past actions. To those parties who got involved and those who didn't, today is a new day and one deserving of a fresh start and I sincerely hope you will all move past this drama and continue to provide support to people in need.

With this being said, I am truly grateful for this website and the information and support it brings all of us bandsters and those considering the procedure.

I sincerely hope you ALL will accept my apology.

Donna