Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pjtp...again!

PJTP...it's definately MONDAY!:sad:

Tons of phone calls from prospective candidates - the poor babies are all stressed out about their applications and stuff that hasn't come in yet, and the deadline is Thursday. I try to reassure them that even if the stuff comes in late, as long as it's not a couple of MONTHS late, it will be okay...

I feel for them - it's stressful and they feel getting into the right MBA program is critical to their career success, so I try to be patient and positive and encouraging to them all...

Thanks everyone. It's not really talent though - it's hard to take a bad pic when the subject matter is so pretty. I do love doing it though. Just love spring time - my favourite season without doubt! I find our bushland, birds and flowers just endlessly fascinating. Hope I don't bore you guys with it all.

I think you should look into a 'Wildlife and Nature' photography class, Fanny - you do take WONDERFUL pics! Having been a professional photog for a while (people, things, not so much places) I see great talent in your work. I love the photos of the large black birds (are they egrets?) and the flora and fauna of the area you were in...definately makes me want to visit!

If anyone is interested, I posted the Bibra Lake pics in the old PJTP thread, coz I wasn't quite sure where everyone is looking. I can repost here if people don't want to go back to that thread. There are some really gorgeous ones of the black swans with their cygnets and quite a few others that I'm rather proud of...

Ebony makes note to self - go see Fanny's other pics

Hi, TAP!!!! :(

What Glouc said! Hi TAP! Hi Glouc!

Had a great weekend in Dallas w/Lu & KC. Great times...

For the foodies: We tried a bunch of the fried stuff. Mainly we would take a bite and then toss.

That sounds like a good plan...

Fried butter - YUCK. They should rename it to fried Petroleum Jelly.

Uhhh - I'll pass, thanks! ;)

Fried Cookie Dough - Oh, WOW...so good. But, I have a sweet tooth and could have sucked the whole thing down.

Yep -that would be me...:blink:

Fried Oreo - eh. Fried Peanut Butter cup macaroon - ick. Worse than the butter, IMO.

Macaroon? Naah - sounds like a good way to ruin a perfectly delicious Oreo! :wink3:

All in all - I had more fun taking pictures of the fried food signs than actually eating it.

Back to the grind today, sipping on coffee and Water and trying to be good...and not think of cookie dough.

Up 4 pounds - and I'm surprised my ring still fits.

Oh gosh - well, it'll come off again soon - it's probably as much Water as anything else.

Ran 3 miles without stopping to walk in the middle this morning. I am at the "end" of the C25k program I downloaded - for some reason it only goes to week 9 and I thought it went 12 weeks...:frown:

I feel really good...and while the pounds haven't moved much, the inches continue to leave, which I'm glad about.

Back to the grind...BBL!:eek:

Hope I don't bore you guys with it all.

If anyone is interested, I posted the Bibra Lake pics in the old PJTP thread,

You won't bore us...and as most of us are not in Australia, we love to see the variety of flora and fauna! Keep posting!

For the foodies: We tried a bunch of the fried stuff. Mainly we would take a bite and then toss.

All in all - I had more fun taking pictures of the fried food signs than actually eating it.

Hi Glou! I would love to see the pics of the fried foods - I cannot imagine trying them! Your descriptions confirm that I won't ever try them! ICK and double ick!!

I am sitting here procrastinating. I am working alone (not normal). All is quiet, but I am not accomplishing anything. I can't say that I have even tried really hard. !

I second that emotion...(are you singing it now?). I too am using every avoidance technique known - but I rationalize it as easing back into work! Over 400 emails...no one should have to face that! And sadly, very few were jokes - most were work related crap...bleck!

Did I mention - my first (step)grandchild was born??? Whoo hoo! If I did, can you tell I am excited???

Tons of phone calls from prospective candidates - the poor babies are all stressed out about their applications and stuff that hasn't come in yet, and the deadline is Thursday. I try to reassure them that even if the stuff comes in late, as long as it's not a couple of MONTHS late, it will be okay...

I try to be patient and positive and encouraging to them all...

Ran 3 miles without stopping to walk in the middle this morning. I am at the "end" of the C25k program I downloaded - for some reason it only goes to week 9 and I thought it went 12 weeks...:frown:

How is YOUR situation Ebony? When I left you were off for a few days, and rev'ing up the job hunt...

I KNOW you are patient and positive and encouraging - that's just who you are!

How is YOUR situation Ebony? When I left you were off for a few days, and rev'ing up the job hunt...

I KNOW you are patient and positive and encouraging - that's just who you are!

Hi Tap!

No good news yet on the job front...there has been no real change in my situation. Every time they give me a new assignment, I'm apprehensive about getting all the information needed to do the job correctly, but having never done it before, I don't really know what questions to ask!

Two of the jobs I applied for through the Federal Govt were filled before they got to me; one of the jobs I applied for here at my current employer was filled by someone on layoff - I can't exactly be upset about that...still looking and still trying to stay encouraged.

It's hard not knowing when the next 'shot across the bow' will come...but I'm just trying not to obsess about it. It's our busy season - application deadline is this week, so I've been swamped with phone calls and emails from applicants. I barely have time to breathe.

Still working on documentation requested by my union - they are "hard over" on me needing this "tell me how to do what you want done" procedural stuff. I'm supposed to document what I do and get the manager to sign off that it's the right procedure. Unfortunately, all the procedures are changing because we're going to an online application process, so whatever I had before is no longer valid.

It's not the most fun place to be right now...good thing I have my running, my family and my friends to come to! :frown:

I'm sorry to hear that Ebony. I was really hoping that by the time I returned, you would have found THE job in which your talents are used and appreciated.

Keep up the hunt, and document document document!

Did I mention - my first (step)grandchild was born??? Whoo hoo! If I did, can you tell I am excited???

I don't know how I missed that! Congrats Tap!!!!

I don't know how I missed that! Congrats Tap!!!!

Thanks Slim!

I was not blessed with the opportunity to have children, so I am hoping that I can 'grandmother' to my hearts content!!

Tap - congrats on the grandbaby! Somehow, I missed that as well...I LOVE LOVE LOVE grandbabies!

*sniff* I miss my grandson...he's getting so big now, and I haven't seen him in a year because DS and DDIL moved to Indiana...just haven't had time or budget to go and see them.

Gotta change THAT for 2010!

:frown: :eek: :blink: :w00t:WOOT ALERT :wink3: :sad: ;):(

Just got a call for a job with our local public utility (yep, where my hubby works). Because of my qualifications and experience, I put in for two different levels of the same job - one more senior than the other - but both of which I am qualified for. I have an interview on Wednesday...hoping and praying this is the one for me! :w00t:

:frown: :eek: :blink: :w00t:WOOT ALERT :wink3: :sad: ;):(

Just got a call for a job with our local public utility (yep, where my hubby works). Because of my qualifications and experience, I put in for two different levels of the same job - one more senior than the other - but both of which I am qualified for. I have an interview on Wednesday...hoping and praying this is the one for me! :w00t:

I have my fingers crossed!!!

Morning all!

Heart - I used to do a lot of canning, preserving. Now, I don't do as much, but still manage to fill a few dozen bottles each fall. So far this year I've made the applesauce (in the marathon before I left), and am hoping that this coming weekend I may start making some other seasonal things.

I'm excited to try it. We already will make a pot of our own applesauce so we can jar it up now. Also DH loves Apple Jelly and I just found a recipe for that in the huge Ball canning book we just bought. So looking forward to trying that too. We kind of picked the wrong season to start this but it'll allow us to start slow. We can't use the pressure canner yet b/c we can't do it on our glasstop stove, so maybe the Coleman stove or an electric burner, but we'll have to buy one. We'll see.

Ebony - A penguin 5K - that sounds like something that should be happening where I live...but good luck on it. Maybe my new years resolution for 2010 could be to try the couchto5k....but who am I kidding - I don't like to run!

As for your weight loss - Goals are not absolutes - they are things we establish in advance and then reassess constantly. Just keep going until you decide 'that's it'.

I've actually considered the c5k too but I'm barely walking as it is now. I just have no motivation right now!

Fanny - your pics are fabulous. I agree with Heart - there is money in that talent you have.

Thanks for agreeing w/me. I don't think she realizes how much talent she has.

NEWS: My first step-grandchild was born! He came into the world late and by C-section. They live a few hours away, so we don't know when we will get in to see the boy, but I'm sure it will be soon.:frown::w00t:

WHOOHOO!!!! Congratulations Grandma!!!

Time to get moving - work awaits - and after 2 weeks away, I'll have email up the ying-yang! Catch you later...

Yuck!

Thanks everyone. It's not really talent though - it's hard to take a bad pic when the subject matter is so pretty. I do love doing it though. Just love spring time - my favourite season without doubt! I find our bushland, birds and flowers just endlessly fascinating. Hope I don't bore you guys with it all.

YES, it is talent and you are NOT boring me!!! Makes me want to come visit you tho!

Hi, TAP!!!! :blink:

Hey! You're back! And made a liar out of me to Tap just minutes ago! LOL! If it means you're back, then I'm happy to be a liar! (I check PMs before my subscribed threads so thats where that's all coming from!)

Fried butter - YUCK. They should rename it to fried Petroleum Jelly.

Oh that just sounds awful! It would have never gotten to my mouth!

Fried Cookie Dough - Oh, WOW...so good. But, I have a sweet tooth and could have sucked the whole thing down.

Now THAT I could handle. Love cookie dough!

Fried Oreo - eh. Fried Peanut Butter cup macaroon - ick. Worse than the butter, IMO.

Yuck again! No thanks. Don't like either, non-fried. Can't imagine frying them would change that!

Not sure some of the pics would be any better than eating it! LOL! Some of the pics I've seen of that stuff is just nasty! LOL!

Back to the grind today, sipping on coffee and Water and trying to be good...and not think of cookie dough.

So hard to go back after a fun weekend. The first day always ends up a wash for me!

Up 4 pounds - and I'm surprised my ring still fits.

Don't worry about it too much. I'm sure it'll be gone in no time once you get back on all of your Water. I never drink enough water when doing stuff like that.

I am sitting here procrastinating. I am working alone (not normal). All is quiet, but I am not accomplishing anything. I can't say that I have even tried really hard. I had better get because the day will be over before I know it. Have a great day!

Glad you're posting again too! I hate days like that! Speaking of which. I need to go deal with laundry. Hate doing laundry!

Ran 3 miles without stopping to walk in the middle this morning.

WhooHoo! WTG!!

Mention away! Of course you're excited!!

Just got a call for a job with our local public utility (yep, where my hubby works). Because of my qualifications and experience, I put in for two different levels of the same job - one more senior than the other - but both of which I am qualified for. I have an interview on Wednesday...hoping and praying this is the one for me! :eek:

It's hard when you're so far away from family.

Excited about the phone call!!! Lots of prayers and best wishes coming your way!!!!

Congrats, Tap!!! Grandbabies are the BEST!!! I have two of the darlings and love them to bits :frown:

Well done, Ebony, on the running program! You're doing so well with that! I'll have my fingers crossed for you on Wednesday - good luck!

I'm getting excited now about my move - we get the keys early (on Friday), so only a few days now, and then official settlement and moving day is next Tuesday (one week today!) In all of this, Wednesday is the one year anniversary of the day I met Chris... I can't believe so much has happened and my life has changed so radically in one little year.

Gotta run to the ball game, just wanted to say to Taps-----CONGRATS!! Grandbabies are the BEST!

We need some details----you don't have to give away his identity (LOL) but you know!!!

Enjoy and snuggle all you can, there is nothing like the love between a grandparent and child, and some of mine are technically steps--but you know what they grew in my heart same as the others!!!

BBL!!

Hi Plain!

Howdy!

Now, I have to meet up with my 17 year old and a few of her friends for the midnight showing of Paranormal Activity.

Wow! That is the number one movie on my must-see list. It's supposed to be a low-budget indie in the vein of "The Blair Witch Project". This movie has quite the cult following!!

The movie was creepy, but it didn't scare me. My daughter and her friends, however, were VERY scared. My 17 year old slept in my bed last night/this morning.

Gah!! I wanna see this movie!!

I'm totally the same way. MUST. HAVE. MY. SPACE!!! LOL!

Me tooo! Except when I wake up, there's an obese puggle crowding me!

I'll second that emotion.

Morning everyone...are you there Slim?

Well, the dreary weather is back - cool and raining, with a forecast of more of the same for the week....blech! I really want it to clear up for the weekend so that DH and I can: get apple picking again; pick up my mother from town and bring her for another visit; and see the grandson!

Congrats, Tap!!! Grandbabies are the BEST!!! I have two of the darlings and love them to bits :thumbup:

Thanks!!

I'm getting excited now about my move - we get the keys early (on Friday), so only a few days now, and then official settlement and moving day is next Tuesday (one week today!) In all of this, Wednesday is the one year anniversary of the day I met Chris... I can't believe so much has happened and my life has changed so radically in one little year.

Yes indeed - your life has seen some dramatic and well worth it changes....such positive things have (and continue to) happen! I saw the pics you posted on the before and after thread - WHOO HOO! You are fabulous! (I still love the red dress best of all!).

Taps-----CONGRATS!! Grandbabies are the BEST!

Enjoy and snuggle all you can, there is nothing like the love between a grandparent and child, and some of mine are technically steps--but you know what they grew in my heart same as the others!!!

BBL!!

Thanks Kat!!

Gah!! I wanna see this movie!!

You can have MY seat - there is no inducement at all that would make me want to see such a thing!

My recent movies (recent as in I've only see them recently, NOT recently made):

Panic in the Streets - 3 out of 5

Notes on a Scandal - 4

Andromeda Strain - 3

I'll check in later