Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Wants Some Chips?

I have a question. I of course am waiting on my preop appts. If it is so hard to remain compliant after the surgery, then what is the real advantage? Is it just as hard afterward as it was prior?

New girl, it's just as hard to remain compliant if you don't have good restriction, or if you've let your eating habits slide. The average weight loss for Bandsters is 1/2 of your excess weight. I needed to lose about 140 pounds, and I lost 60. Now I'm still overweight, but the weight won't come off unless I'm compliant.

My weight loss was great in the beginning because I followed all the band rules. Every doctor has different rules. Mine said to eat three meals a day with NO snacking or eating between meals, and no drinking with meals. I stuck to that for 6 months, but little by little we become brave and willing to try things with our band. Don't do it because it's too easy to fall back on old habits.

When you have good restriction, you can only eat small portions, however, some foods are easy to eat. The crap that contains little or no nutritional value seems to slide down really easy, and all those condensed calories add up and keep us fat.

We aren't supposed to drink soda, but one can contains tons of sugar, which converts to fat. Getting and staying thin requires a very small caloric intake for most of us that have slow metabolisms (and keep getting slower as we age.) The more you lose, the better your body burns. Now I'm rambling... hope this helps.

Tomorrow (November 2nd) is THIRTY DAYS for me with no caffeine....no more pop...Wahoo! Chip, please....K-ching! (could I have my chip with some cheese and salsa, please?)

So no caffeine....but it's a darn good thing I didn't challenge myself with no ice cream! I'll try that next!

Keep up the good work, y'all. No giving up, I called it!

Jon

I DID IT! WAHOOOOOOO! 30 days with no "Go Juice"!!! Where's my chip? Gimme Gimme Gimme, please!

Oh...do I feel sixty days with no caffeine next? YES I THINK I DO!

Keep on keepin' on, y'all!

Jon

Here's my 30 day chip for no soda (not a drop.) But I've gained weight over stress-eating. Time to gain more control.

Today is Day 1 of no sugared goodies and no eating in bed at night or ever.

chip 30.bmp

Where is Sunnykim? I noticed she has her avatar posted in her signature line. If she can get a pic in her sig line, we should be able to get chips in our sig lines. I'm trying to find her...Kimmy, where are you?

I want to try to earn a chip for following my doctor's orders for 30 days. Basically, get my Protein, Water, and exercise.