Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just curious -why would I not be able to ear pineapple? It's my fav fruit and I've never heard this before. Please tell me why?

Blessings!

Marci

I'm just curious -why would I not be able to ear pineapple? It's my fav fruit and I've never heard this before. Please tell me why?

Blessings!

Marci

possibly because of the stringy texture--I don't really know

I can eat anything.

pineapple is very fiberous. I have issues with "fibery" things - is that even a word? Watermelon, asparagus, beef, etc.

You might be fine, I would just be very careful. I am learning what is great one day isn't so hot another day. The key to trying anything is very small bites, chew until you think your jaw is going to fall off and then chew it 5 more times.:tongue2:

I have been known to spit something out if I can't get the texture to something that I feel will go down well. It is better than it coming back up later or being in pain.

Right now, I am feeling basically Band-Free, (and I hate it)I need a fill something awful and I am having a hard time abiding the rules, because the Band isn't forcing me to do it. I have gone back to almost completely liquid some days, to stay in control, until I get my fill. I am a truck driver and hopefully I can get to my Dr. in the next week or so and get taken care of.

I love my band, I will love it more when I have it's "help" again.

Call me stupid, i am being banded oct 13th!! Cant wait - I am reading about all ppls food porblems just to see what is going on out there... but can you tell what the heck PB'ing is?

Call me stupid, i am being banded oct 13th!! Cant wait - I am reading about all ppls food porblems just to see what is going on out there... but can you tell what the heck PB'ing is?

Hi Tom,

PB...means productive burp, which means food that comes back up due to restriction. It has never made it to your stomach.

Look at the tool bar, find FAQS...down at the bottom you will find lap band abbreviations and their definitions.

We all had the same question ourselves, nothing is stupid, just new stuff to learn.

Good luck!

Samantha :-)

PS- you may be able to eat all the foods we can't, each person is different, you may not have any food issues.

Not to worry. I love the band, these foods I can't eat, are a small price to pay for my success.

*this will change your life :thumbdown:

i've been having such a hard time losing weight. i got banded on 9/3/09 and have only lost 14 lbs :nono: what should i do??? i've tried no carbs, high Protein with little success and yet that's what my nut says i need to do. the biggest issue is that i cant get 64 oz of Water down no matter HOW hard i try :tongue2: its so disheartening after going through all this. i lost more weight BEFORE the surgery than after :P

So I had issues with poached eggs but any other way cooked is fine - Go figure. Sometimes have trouble with mango but I find if I have it in like a fruit salad and eat like strawberries first it acts as like a cushion and have no trouble then? Had trouble with bread last time I had it and sometimes have trouble with rissoles (probably because there so dry)

Really that's the only thing for me. But I got a fill yesterday so that's bound to change lol.

I had my surgery in July of this year. I've only tried rice once, I didn't throw up but felt very nauseous. Can't eat bread unless it's toasted but I eat the low carb tortillas all the time. I've only had steak once, it was moist and juicy but it also made me feel sick. I eat chicken, hamburger, toast, most veggies (have to be careful with oranges and completely take the white stuff off). Lately I haven't been able to eat Breakfast, been drinking Protein shakes. I can eat quiet a few things, I avoid carbs and always make sure if I eat them, I never eat over 70 gms a day. I'm so excited I had the band done--I love it!

Good luck with your surgery---my advice- listen to your body, it will let you know if it doesn't like the food. :sad:

I can't eat pizza toppings!! I stay away from carbs so if the family is having pizza, I eat the toppings. Not after my fill. No matter what they are out!! Weird I know. My daughter can't eat chicken but eats everything else.

I find it very interestering to read what some people can't eat and what some people can. Goes to show you that everyone IS different but it is good to know what might be problem foods so one can proceed with caution. I was banded Nov 2 and I'm experiementing with foods now that I can eat more things. Last night we had a holiday decorating party at work. I chose my items that I was going to eat carefully and shrimp was one of them. I had 2 small ones dipped in cocktail sauce and they went down fine. I wasn't going to push my luck though. I also had other things like humus and refried bean dip and some cream cheese type spreads, all okay. I can eat ritz crackers and I did try a pita chip but chewed it very well. That was my dinner, so I didn't eat anything the rest of the night.

It's funny how some people can't eat scrambled eggs. That was one of the first "regular" food items I tried and it went down well. Mostly now though I have egg beaters and I love the flavored ones, especially the southwestern flavor. I'd be leary about hardboiled eggs though, so not ready to try those. One thing that they told me when I make the scrambled eggs was to add more milk than usually so they are fluffier. Maybe that helps them go down better too. But the egg beaters I eat as is, or just add a tiny bit of low-fat shredded cheese to it.

Speaking of cheese, I almost wish I couldn't eat it because that has always been my weakness! But I do buy low-fat varieties now and they work well. The only one that was a bit of a challenge was the laughing cow cheese bites that kind of felt like it was clogging me up a bit if I had too many but I'm not going to buy those anymore.

I'm going to get weighed today. I'm afraid to have a scale in the house because I don't want to be obsessed with it but it is my one month post surgery date and I'd like to know where I'm at. :sad:

I find it very interestering to read what some people can't eat and what some people can. Goes to show you that everyone IS different but it is good to know what might be problem foods so one can proceed with caution. I was banded Nov 2 and I'm experiementing with foods now that I can eat more things. Last night we had a holiday decorating party at work. I chose my items that I was going to eat carefully and shrimp was one of them. I had 2 small ones dipped in cocktail sauce and they went down fine. I wasn't going to push my luck though. I also had other things like humus and refried bean dip and some cream cheese type spreads, all okay. I can eat ritz crackers and I did try a pita chip but chewed it very well. That was my dinner, so I didn't eat anything the rest of the night.

It's funny how some people can't eat scrambled eggs. That was one of the first "regular" food items I tried and it went down well. Mostly now though I have egg beaters and I love the flavored ones, especially the southwestern flavor. I'd be leary about hardboiled eggs though, so not ready to try those. One thing that they told me when I make the scrambled eggs was to add more milk than usually so they are fluffier. Maybe that helps them go down better too. But the egg beaters I eat as is, or just add a tiny bit of low-fat shredded cheese to it.

Speaking of cheese, I almost wish I couldn't eat it because that has always been my weakness! But I do buy low-fat varieties now and they work well. The only one that was a bit of a challenge was the laughing cow cheese bites that kind of felt like it was clogging me up a bit if I had too many but I'm not going to buy those anymore.

I'm going to get weighed today. I'm afraid to have a scale in the house because I don't want to be obsessed with it but it is my one month post surgery date and I'd like to know where I'm at. :w00t:

I realize after I posted that perhaps I can eat most anything at this point is because I haven't had a fill yet. So maybe I'm speaking too soon! I'll let you know it a couple of weeks when I have my first fill!

That was going to be my comment, you are working with an unfilled band, once you start getting fills and have restriction it does change. For some rather dramatically, for others not so much. I could eat scrambled eggs fine until my last fill, not anymore.

That was going to be my comment, you are working with an unfilled band, once you start getting fills and have restriction it does change. For some rather dramatically, for others not so much. I could eat scrambled eggs fine until my last fill, not anymore.

Oh that is very interesting that you could eat the scrambled eggs and now can't. Thanks for your input. After I posted that long post and then read some more on this site the light bulb came on, lol! I will know now to be careful after my fill. Proceed with caution as they say! This is a great site. I do have a monthly support group I go to but this is here 24/7, I like that! Thanks everyone for making this an informative site.

It happens slowly over time as you get your fills, I find that with each fill I have learned new tricks and problems, I think I am at the sweet spot now so hopefully that will stabelize. I too wondered early on what all the talk was about when people were saying they could not eat this or that, but now I TOTALLY understand. LOL. Good luck to you, for me it took about 5 fills to get to the right spot, some take 1 or 2 others 5+ but you will know when you get there.