Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That makes sense to me now, thank you!

I can't eat french fries (not that I should anyway) no matter what. I have tried a time or two in the last two years with catastrophic results. Only one fry chewed up to a mushy pulp and SICKNESS for hours to come.:lol: Guess that's a good thing cuz I love em' and they are not the most healthy things.

Also tried a teeny tiny bit of an apple fritter once and paid the price. I can eat eggs like a champ tho! And my wonderful 12 yr old makes them better than a 5-star chef! :w00t:

I had a big surprise last night. I had been thinking I didn't have as much restriction as last week, because food was going down well. I ate some steak that I had cooked all day in the crock pot, and was really soft. I was full in about 3 bites but pushed a little more because I thought I was wrong. I think it was the steak. I have been able to eat it in the past but now I am not so sure. I brought some with me to work today, so I will carefully try some more. Hope it works.

I can't eat rice unless it is really mushy. I love chinese fried rice and I have to completely give up on that.

I can't eat eggs either unless I mix a lot of mayo in them as egg salad.< /p>

Also, bread is a problem and I slimed several times on it but continue to eat it because I love it!!!!!!!

I had my surgery on November the 18th, and I can eat anything! I also eat very slow and chew my food very well. If I start to feel like I'm going to belch, I know that I'm full and stop eating. Certain things I do not eat because I know that they are not good for my diet, but so far, I have had no problems with food. I know that most people do not drink when eating (you are not suppose to), but I find that taking a sip every once in a while, helps me when eating dryer items, like chicken. To me, it's the same as eating Soup. You have your liquid with the dry portion of the meat. I know that you should not drink too much because it fills you up and you won't be able to eat your food, but a little sip through the meal is a big help to me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches