Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

morning all

pray for me today, i need serious guidance

morning all

You got it!

Good morning everyone. The scale is bouncing around 2 pounds and it makes me sad. I know it does this but c'mon...not now, not when i was being so positive. I just have to knuckle down and hold me head up. I am just so scared I will cave. Maybe my fear can be used as a positive not keep me away from the EVIL.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning.

Getting ready to head out the door. Hubby and I are driving over to the hospital to do my pre-op. She didn't tell me if I needed to fast for the blood draw, so I haven't had my cup of hot chocolate yet. It'll be ok, I think hubby is taking me out for dinner(keeping fingers crossed).

Michelle, when we were at Disneyland back in Sept. I was really surprised and pleased to see all the little girls dressed in their princess dresses. If they'd had one in my size I would have worn it. Good luck with the foot.

Tracy, hang in there. It will works it's way and you will be losing again.

Jenn, it's getting colder here also. Looks like we will be burning some wood this weekend. I'm saying a prayer for you also.

Angela, ouch on that picture. He sure has endured alot. I will keep him in my prayers that this will all be over soon for him. Good luck.

Hey everyone! Just want to pop in real quick to say hi! I haven't logged in here for over a week, not good...... Hopefully this weekend I'll have a little time to catch up on back posts and see what everyone has been up to.

This morning I'm heading out to Phoenix to help DD move and take her dogs to her. yay!!! But of course we woke up to snow just when I need to travel. But it will be wonderful in Phoenix low to mid 70s ahhhhhhhh.

Weight loss is kinda stalled AGAIN. I go for my 4th fill the week after Thanksgiving. I don't eat nearly as much as I used to but I'm guess I still eat to much. Combine that with no excercise and well it's not good. I've got to get it together and start exercising. All I do allllll day is sit at a desk and lately that's been from 7:30 am until 6 or 7 pm. Oh well at least I should be able to get some retail exercise this weekend walking around Ikea and the malls there lol.

Hope everyone is well, I'll try to catch up tomorrow while I'm waiting for the movers.

Good morning!!!

Michelle...I will post the recipes when I get home from work. My husband loves the Chili Pasta Skillet so much, that he usually asks me every week to cook it. They are both so easy to make!! I'm actually going to tweak my chicken casserole recipe because I use cream of mushroom Soup, but I don't like mushrooms. I will give both ways for the chicken casserole.

I'm about to start decorating the store. I actually went to Lowe's this morning and bought 2 pre-lit 4 foot trees to sit on each side of my door at my house, and a new wreath for the door. And a new tree topper because I bought new Christmas tree decorations this year too. lol

My mom still hasn't heard back from the doctor. :rolleyes2: We went through this with Jason's mom about 2 months ago. Everything was fine with her. So I'm hoping the same for my mom!

I hope everybody has a great day!! I will check in later with those recipes!

Terri, have a safe journey. I know the snow is beautiful but it can be very dangerous.

Home from my pre-op. I have to be there next thursday at 10am and then my surgery will be at 1:30pm. I probably should be home around 6pm-ish. I have a list of things I have to do before and then afterwards it's just take it easy and lots of rest. Uh huh, right. Have you known me to rest?

Now I'm off to go take sis to the grocery store.

Be back soon.

morning all

Done! Best wishes for today!!

You got it!

Good morning everyone. The scale is bouncing around 2 pounds and it makes me sad. I know it does this but c'mon...not now, not when i was being so positive. I just have to knuckle down and hold me head up. I am just so scared I will cave. Maybe my fear can be used as a positive not keep me away from the EVIL.

Have a great day everyone.

Morning! Hate when the scale does that. Hang in there, Tracy. You are doing a great job!!!

Good Morning.

Getting ready to head out the door. Hubby and I are driving over to the hospital to do my pre-op. She didn't tell me if I needed to fast for the blood draw, so I haven't had my cup of hot chocolate yet. It'll be ok, I think hubby is taking me out for dinner(keeping fingers crossed).

Michelle, when we were at Disneyland back in Sept. I was really surprised and pleased to see all the little girls dressed in their princess dresses. If they'd had one in my size I would have worn it. Good luck with the foot.

Tracy, hang in there. It will works it's way and you will be losing again.

Jenn, it's getting colder here also. Looks like we will be burning some wood this weekend. I'm saying a prayer for you also.

Angela, ouch on that picture. He sure has endured alot. I will keep him in my prayers that this will all be over soon for him. Good luck.

It's BEEN cold. We've been burning off and on for over a week now. Hate using the furnace. Propane is expensive.

Hey everyone! Just want to pop in real quick to say hi! I haven't logged in here for over a week, not good...... Hopefully this weekend I'll have a little time to catch up on back posts and see what everyone has been up to.

This morning I'm heading out to Phoenix to help DD move and take her dogs to her. yay!!! But of course we woke up to snow just when I need to travel. But it will be wonderful in Phoenix low to mid 70s ahhhhhhhh.

Weight loss is kinda stalled AGAIN. I go for my 4th fill the week after Thanksgiving. I don't eat nearly as much as I used to but I'm guess I still eat to much. Combine that with no excercise and well it's not good. I've got to get it together and start exercising. All I do allllll day is sit at a desk and lately that's been from 7:30 am until 6 or 7 pm. Oh well at least I should be able to get some retail exercise this weekend walking around Ikea and the malls there lol.

Hope everyone is well, I'll try to catch up tomorrow while I'm waiting for the movers.

Hi!! Hope you have a VERY safe trip and a productive one. Like I told Tracy, just hang in there with this. Don't give up on it. I think you're doing pretty good considering the hours you're working. Check in again soon!

Good morning!!!

Michelle...I will post the recipes when I get home from work. My husband loves the Chili Pasta Skillet so much, that he usually asks me every week to cook it. They are both so easy to make!! I'm actually going to tweak my chicken casserole recipe because I use cream of mushroom Soup, but I don't like mushrooms. I will give both ways for the chicken casserole.

I'm about to start decorating the store. I actually went to Lowe's this morning and bought 2 pre-lit 4 foot trees to sit on each side of my door at my house, and a new wreath for the door. And a new tree topper because I bought new Christmas tree decorations this year too. lol

My mom still hasn't heard back from the doctor. :rolleyes2: We went through this with Jason's mom about 2 months ago. Everything was fine with her. So I'm hoping the same for my mom!

I hope everybody has a great day!! I will check in later with those recipes!

Thank you! Have fun decorating today. I love Christmas. I swear every year DH and I spend more money on decorations than we do on actual presents for people! LOL! We've got a closet that is over the stairs and it is STUFFED w/tubs of just Christmas decorations. We have more up in storage! We could actually decorate 2 houses w/all the stuff we've got. There is no theme. It's all stuff that we've gotten/collected over the years. His family has a tradition in that parents give each kid an ornament every year. DD is going to be able to decorate her own tree when she moves out w/out having to buy anything but the tree and some lights!

We have a real tree in the living room and then we've got pre-lit fake ones we use in the dining room and kitchen. Garlands w/lights over the windows, the mantel. Deer outside, a pre-lit fake on the front porch, etc. Takes a long time to decorate and we usually still have tons of stuff left-over.

Terri, have a safe journey. I know the snow is beautiful but it can be very dangerous.

Home from my pre-op. I have to be there next thursday at 10am and then my surgery will be at 1:30pm. I probably should be home around 6pm-ish. I have a list of things I have to do before and then afterwards it's just take it easy and lots of rest. Uh huh, right. Have you known me to rest?

Now I'm off to go take sis to the grocery store.

Be back soon.

Sounds like you're all set then! And really, Suz, you've got to lay low at least for a couple of days!! You have an Iron will, you can do it!!

~~~~~

Actually looking forward to seeing the doc this afternoon. We'll run some errands while we're out as well.

Talk atcha later!

The decorating is done. And I must say the store looks great!!! I want to decorate my house, but it's 76 here today!!! It's supposed to cool off by Sunday. I feel kind of funny putting a wreath on the door when it's warm enough for sandals!

Here's the recipes:

Chili Pasta Skillet

1 medium onion

1 lb ground beef

1 can Tomato sauce

1 can red kidney Beans (drained and rinsed...the beans are optional)

1 can diced tomatoes & green chiles

Elbow macaroni

shredded cheese

Garlic powder

Chili powder

Cut and peel onion. Brown meat and onion in skillet. Drain fat. Put onion, meat, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes & green chiles, kidney beans and macaroni (I don't measure. Just go by how much I think is enough) in. Sprinkle the garlic powder and chili powder (I don't measure it. Just sprinkle it all around). Stir it all together. Bring it to a boil. Then cover and simmer until the noodles are soft. Once the noodles are soft, melt the shredded cheese on top. And serve!

Chicken Casserole

1 pound chicken breasts

1 can cream of chicken Soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup (or 1 more can of cream of chicken if you don't like mushrooms)

1 pint sour cream

2 packs of Ritz crackers (you can use only 1 pack, but DH likes a lot of crackers so I use 2)

1 stick melted butter

Boil chicken and pull it apart. Mix chicken, the 2 cans of Soups, and sour cream together. Put it in your casserole dish. Put your crushed crackers on top. And pour the melted butter over the crackers. Bake on 350 for 45 - 60 minutes (or when there is some bubbles in the casserole).

They are so simple to make!!

Edited by TN_girl21

Well hey there y'all~

As normal around here, things have a way of changing! I took Mom to the Dr. for her pre op scans, and actually spoke to the Dr./surgeon. He is not going to put her completely out, he plans to send her home within a couple of hours. The tumor is not cancerous, but it is the 2nd one she has had, the other was years and years ago----20 + or -. She told him to assure me it was ok to go to TX!!! He laughed and said he foresaw nothing to cause problems. And my Mom was almost in tears in his office, and told him if I wouldn't go, they needed to postpone! So I am going to Texas. Manda is off, and my Aunt will be here as well with my Dad, and the preacher will be with them. I feel like a horrible daughter, but when I agreed, she was a happy camper. She has been happy and animated the remainder of the day. Go figure. I mean I understand......I would encourage Manda to go.....but still!!!

But we are not going to Phoenix tonight, like we thought about doing. We would be pushing it time wise, and we do not want to rush the decision on a truck. We are paying cash for it.....and we want to make a wise choice. So we will watch, and when something else catches our attention, we will take a long weekend and go. If we went tonight, we would be renting a car, so we would not have to drive another back, it would be 13-14 hours driving round trip there, then turn around and another 12-13 to Texas!

Speaking of Texas. Figure us out a place, and I am there! I told Rick I was going to go away for a day! LOL Look on your maps, I am going to Comanche. It is on Hwy 36 coming out of Abilene. Have a look at it, and see if there is somewhere we can get together!!! How exciting!

I have laundry done, all but the vaccuuming done housewise. Pack & vaccuum, and I am good to go!!!

Mom is on the phone now.....

Hey all

I'm mentally done, but pray for me. I applied for job and waiting for BIL someone else, who is not safety qualified applied too. I know I have a lot of great references, so I should be good, but until I have an offer, I am stuck

The decorating is done. And I must say the store looks great!!! I want to decorate my house, but it's 76 here today!!! It's supposed to cool off by Sunday. I feel kind of funny putting a wreath on the door when it's warm enough for sandals!

Here's the recipes:

Chili Pasta Skillet

1 medium onion

1 lb ground beef

1 can Tomato sauce

1 can red kidney Beans (drained and rinsed...the beans are optional)

1 can diced tomatoes & green chiles

Elbow macaroni

shredded cheese

Garlic powder

Chili powder

Cut and peel onion. Brown meat and onion in skillet. Drain fat. Put onion, meat, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes & green chiles, kidney beans and macaroni (I don't measure. Just go by how much I think is enough) in. Sprinkle the garlic powder and chili powder (I don't measure it. Just sprinkle it all around). Stir it all together. Bring it to a boil. Then cover and simmer until the noodles are soft. Once the noodles are soft, melt the shredded cheese on top. And serve!

Chicken Casserole

1 pound chicken breasts

1 can cream of chicken Soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup (or 1 more can of cream of chicken if you don't like mushrooms)

1 pint sour cream

2 packs of Ritz crackers (you can use only 1 pack, but DH likes a lot of crackers so I use 2)

1 stick melted butter

Boil chicken and pull it apart. Mix chicken, the 2 cans of Soups, and sour cream together. Put it in your casserole dish. Put your crushed crackers on top. And pour the melted butter over the crackers. Bake on 350 for 45 - 60 minutes (or when there is some bubbles in the casserole).

They are so simple to make!!

Yummm! Thank you!!!! DH won't even listen to Christmas music til the day after Thanksgiving! He thinks it important to BE in each holiday! I tend to agree but when he's not around, sometimes I'll play some. Heehee!

Well hey there y'all~

As normal around here, things have a way of changing! I took Mom to the Dr. for her pre op scans, and actually spoke to the Dr./surgeon. He is not going to put her completely out, he plans to send her home within a couple of hours. The tumor is not cancerous, but it is the 2nd one she has had, the other was years and years ago----20 + or -. She told him to assure me it was ok to go to TX!!! He laughed and said he foresaw nothing to cause problems. And my Mom was almost in tears in his office, and told him if I wouldn't go, they needed to postpone! So I am going to Texas. Manda is off, and my Aunt will be here as well with my Dad, and the preacher will be with them. I feel like a horrible daughter, but when I agreed, she was a happy camper. She has been happy and animated the remainder of the day. Go figure. I mean I understand......I would encourage Manda to go.....but still!!!

But we are not going to Phoenix tonight, like we thought about doing. We would be pushing it time wise, and we do not want to rush the decision on a truck. We are paying cash for it.....and we want to make a wise choice. So we will watch, and when something else catches our attention, we will take a long weekend and go. If we went tonight, we would be renting a car, so we would not have to drive another back, it would be 13-14 hours driving round trip there, then turn around and another 12-13 to Texas!

Speaking of Texas. Figure us out a place, and I am there! I told Rick I was going to go away for a day! LOL Look on your maps, I am going to Comanche. It is on Hwy 36 coming out of Abilene. Have a look at it, and see if there is somewhere we can get together!!! How exciting!

I have laundry done, all but the vaccuuming done housewise. Pack & vaccuum, and I am good to go!!!

Mom is on the phone now.....

I'm glad things sound good w/your mom's procedure, Kat. I know you are worried.

Never a good idea to feel rushed in a purchase. Probably a good thing you are waiting.

Have a great trip!!!

Hey all

I'm mentally done, but pray for me. I applied for job and waiting for BIL someone else, who is not safety qualified applied too. I know I have a lot of great references, so I should be good, but until I have an offer, I am stuck

Continued prayers, Jen. I'm sorry you're stuck. Hope it all goes well in the meantime.

~~~~~

Saw the doc today and as far as he can tell, the eardrum is not infected. It's the ear canal. He said it's almost completely closed down! Never had that happen before. I thought if felt different but who knew?

Anyway, he gave me some drops that have some antibiotic and steroids to get the inflammation down. He said it should feel better by morning but if not, then pick up some oral antibiotics he ordered.

No errands. By the time we got done there, I barely had enough energy to go pick up our veggie box and get us home. I had a fever by the time I got to pick up the box. Freezing by the time we got home. Got a fire going in the stove and DD and I had something hot to drink and just finished some soup I made last night.

Talk to y'all later!

Awww Michelle, sorry you are feeling so crummy, sounds like the round of antibiotics might be in order. I had ear infections for years, actually burst the right eardrum 2 different times, but knock on wood, it has been years since I had it that bad!

Hope you get to hole up in the house, and heal quickly!

Jenn, of course I will be thinking good thoughts and praying for you, and the new job. With my crazy old office manager, I understand exactly where you are at! My heart goes out to you!

Cindy, I had no doubt you would do well with your class being watched----but it IS still traumatic!!! It is always hardest to "be yourself" when someone tells you to! I am sure you aced it! I hope my grandkids get such good teachers!

Tracy, Let your body settle for a couple of days. I would always do that, lose, lose, lose. Then stall, and bounce. I sometimes even had to increase what I ate, so it would start again---it is all a crap shoot, and it will happen, you are doing the right things!

Suzie---You will be having surgery right after Mom, be sure you let us know as soon as you can, maybe someone can text me? I hope to get better service with this phone....but not holding my breath!!! I have email on it...will check in when I can! I will be sending good thoughts and prayers for you

Debbie, has anyone said anything about the other guy playing again? I hope he doesn't keep trying to horn in......

Terri, have fun in Phoenix. Part of me is wishing we had gone, I REALLY liked the truck. But, I am still scrambling, getting things ready to go to TX, let alone having it done,and be on my way there!!!

Plain----hope things are going well....thanks for the ok to pout! I did too!!! In the end, I am still not comfortable with the decision, but my Mom is, and I am trying to let that be enough. Learning to let others feel their own feelings is hard for me!

Angela, WOW, Zach has really had some issues with that arm! And he has not let it slow him down has he!? Will be thinking of him too.

I will PM you my cell, so you can call or text me if we find a way to get together!

Shar---where ya at? Check in!!!

Ashley, glad you got decorated. I usually put ours up the first of December. I don't go as overboard as I used to when I had kids at home. I used to wrap all the pictures on the walls, even! I have a lot of snowmen, and enjoy having them out.

I have scarecrows, I put out for Halloween, and leave through Thanksgiving, so want some time to enjoy them!

Well heck I gotta get to bed, Rick is going in at 4. I am going to finish up my stuff then, and as soon as Kinsey gets on the bus I am headed to town, I want to buy some new shoes before leaving!!! Wooohooo!

Will check in tomorrow, but doubted I would have time for personals!

Hey all! I'm still here just been real busy. This Saturday is "wood day", every fall my hubby's family gathers at my in-laws to chop wood for them for the winter. The men chop wood and the gals make homemade Soup, breads, Desserts.< /p>

On Sunday there is a local family reuion, hubby has a large family and most of them live within a fifty mile radius. So every year we have a big family carry-in meal usually early in Nov.

I've been sticking to my lap band healthy eating habits, this weekend will be stressful though (just a little too much of hubby's family, it does not always go well). Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it all turns out. Hope everyone is well and keeping their chin up, the journey continues.

Shar :)