Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

OMG. I wish you could hear these frogs. They are so tiny but sound like they are Bullfrogs. I think they must be calling their missing family members. They probably will be joining them tomorrow if they keep this up. LOL.

How very sweet of you to bring them to their family instead of sending them to their little froggy maker.

Tracy, thanks.

Cindy, I swear I am having a hard time figuring out if you are excited or not about the end of school! LOL!!

Suzanne, why didn't you just leave the frogs? They eat bugs.

Kat, just go to bed, hon. You can get up when Rick gets home.

Went by Curves this afternoon to pick up an app and they were closed! They only open 8-11:30 on Saturdays. I'll have to try again on Monday.

I'm tired. Going to watch another hour or so of TV then head to bed.

'Night!

Woke up at 3:30am. It's so muggy here. We ahve the attic fan going on low but still kinda uncomfortable. I'll go back to bed here soon.

We would keep the frogs if they were just regular frogs (which we do have one). But these are tree frogs, absolutely the noisiest little buggers you have ever heard. So loud. My neighbors have even commented on them. So they can go live at the creek about a mile down the road. They'll be happier.

Janiebug, if you check in. Happy Birthday.

OMG. I wish you could hear these frogs. They are so tiny but sound like they are Bullfrogs. I think they must be calling their missing family members. They probably will be joining them tomorrow if they keep this up. LOL.

:smile2: you are a homewrecker? :thumbup: :laugh:

Good mornin' everyone!

I need to bite the bullet and get on the scales and see what i have done to myself....but i mean lets face it, anything i see is not a good thing so...how bad can it be. pffttt.

I put down my book but i really need to pick it back up. I vow to do that very thing when I am done with this post. Funny...i read something that makes total sense and I put the book down because (i guess) I dont wanna hear it....self sabatoge at its finest. :laugh:

I sent Jenn a text yesterday. She said that yessterday was her first Saturday off in a month and she was getting some things done. I miss her. I will bug the crap out of her until she posts. lol :smile:

Well, tis the season for light bills to skyrocket! Mine went up almost a hundred dollars....and it isnt even JUNE! Scary thought. This big house we moved into (for nothing now) is going to be the death of us on light bills...i can see it now. I need to walk around the house and unplug everything we do not use. I saw that tip on a talk show. If something is plugged in...even if it is turned off, uses electricity. :thumbup:

OMG....my phone just rang and now i do not remember what i said OMG for. Its hell getting old. lol

Kat-I hope you get some rest soon. Glad Ricks schedule is almost back to normal again.

I had so many things to say and now i can not remember one of them. :smile2:

Have a great Sunday everyone!

We would keep the frogs if they were just regular frogs (which we do have one). But these are tree frogs, absolutely the noisiest little buggers you have ever heard. So loud. My neighbors have even commented on them. So they can go live at the creek about a mile down the road. They'll be happier.

LOL! Glad you can relocate them.

Tracy, I found a couple of other books by Geneen Roth that I'm going to buy with the one you're reading. One is a workbook! :thumbup: Scary thought but I need to figure out why I do this to myself. It sucks! I didn't have SURGERY only to fail at that too! :smile2:

Quiet morning. Sun is out so far but we're supposed to get rain/snow later. Nothing materialized last night so who knows!

Oh, Tracy! As far as unplugging things goes. I have ALL of our electronics on surge protectors and when not in use or we go to bed, they all get turned off. I noticed our bill go down when we started doing that. There is one at DH's computer with ALL of that stuff plugged in, one at my desk with all of my stuff plugged in and one with each of the TV set ups. If they aren't in use, the protectors are turned OFF!

Better get going. Have a great day!

Good morning everyone. Doing my best to get motivated, but not having much success!!!

Rick got home about midnight, got up and visited with him while he showered and unwound for a minute. Then got up with him this morning, he has a cold now, and feels crummy on top of all these hours! Will be back to normal soon. He left for work about 8, I was already gone, to give his Mom her shot. Then I thought about going into town and doing some things I need to get done, but just have no gumption to do anything!!!

I AM doing laundry----speaking of which....brb

Later I am hoping to take Connor to the carnival to ride a few things---I had so much fun with him last night---it is breaking my heart to see him leave. Not that I won't miss Garrick, but we have had less time to develop the relationship we have with Connor. Will do what we have to do tho.

Tracy, I hear ya, I find myself making plans and having great resolve, only to walk in and grab something sweet to eat.....then I feel like such a dummy, because I am NOT hungry! Bored, is the usual culprit.

We unplug a lot of things, all the bedroom TV's , and chargers etc, room deodorizers were got rid of---the ones that plug in---not good things!!! The biggest change we made to our electric bill tho, was we bought a new freezer, and got rid of the old one! Dropped my bill well over $20 a month just doing that! Now I keep jugs of Water by the freezer and use them in the empty spots in the freezer---thye keep things at temperature, and make it run less. When I shop and need the room, I just remove them as needed! We also replaced our motion detector lights outside with solar powered lights. They are not as bright, but the work wonderfully---little LED lights, last forever, and once bought cost us nothing. The neighbors having all those cats, kept making our motion detector lights come on throughout the night. In the summer I hang out a lot of our clothes....little things, but it keeps my electric bill close to the same year round. It will jump---naturally with the AC---we go from about $120 to $150. Most people make it up with the heat bill going down, but we don't use our gas in the winter, we rely on woodstove....so it doesn't balance for us!!

I have little chiles, tomatoes, and squash flowers....still awhile away from them being ready to do anything with!! The only thing ready to harvest is herbs!!! LOL Flowers look good tho!

School is over here this week. They graduated this weekend. Now if summer would get here and stay! The wind blew so hard yesterday, I think half of Arizona is now in NM!

From where my desk is I can look out the front door and big window, and see the little ones across the street running in the sprinkler! Better them than me, I am chilled still!!!

Have my last load of laundry washing....so I DID get something accomplished!!! Think I will go sweep the patio, and blow off the cushions---gotta do something! LOL

Kat just reminded me of something i need to do...sweep the patio (and the porch). BUT, as luck would have it (here go the excuses) it is the hottest part of the day and I will just have to wait until this evening. :thumbup:

Michelle-i prefer to look at is not as much as a failure but a HUGE lesson learned on my part. If I look at it as another failure I would eat a bullet. I can not stomach another failure. Just use ME as an example of what NOT to do. I remember going back up to 190 and thinking it was doom & gloom. Stop it there...you can do it! I wish I would have, but I got this sense of omg, what now and I guess I threw my hands up. Please do not do that to yourself, k? :thumbup: Cut your self some slack, dust yourself off and do what you need to do. (look whos talking, right?) Take it from me, I know how you feel.

I think in some ways our bands allowed us to slip into a complacent frame of mind. And it come off easier the first time around!! Well, some of these pounds have been lost many, many times!!!

I don't feel like I or we failed, but I think we lost the "OMG it's working" excitement. As we levelled out, and we had to read of this not working for some of our friends, we hit a wall. I know we are not alone. A friend from our old Violets group invited me to join WW with them....they are I guess trying that as a group.

I believe the book, or something like it is going to be key for all of us, as something we can use to break the evil cycle, and to heal our minds as well as our bodies.

I grew up with a girl who was borderline anorexic, or is still actually. It was her parents 50th I just attended. Her Mom is very short---right at 5' tall, and weighs over 260 pounds. When she was younger, she was just terribly heavy, but she functioned. Now that she is pushing 70, she is almost an invalid. Her stomach hangs to her knees, and her legs are so big she cannot walk well. She is not in good enough health to consider surgery. Her sister had bypass and is doing great. But my friend lived with incredible guilt, she loved her Mom but was very embarrassed by her. She for all intents and purposes eats only enough to live in a semi healthy manner. She said she gets no enjoyment out of food. She is afraid of food. People think she is picky, but she is afraid someday she is going to find something she likes well enough she will not be able to stop----so she does not try new things. She lives on coffee---and bits of things here and there. Her husband said she does not eat full meals ever. I think he supports her because he does not want her being fat either.

To me, I find this an unacceptable as where I am! Food---nutrition is a necessity. I should be able to eat without fear-----regardless of size.

So that is why I say we have head work to do. Yes exercise is going to help, as is watching what we put in our mouths---but until we find out what has caused our own fears or what we want to hide from....I think it will always be a battle.

I thought I had mine figured out. I honestly thought I could quit gaining when the "plan" succeeded---and I couldn't. Now I have no reason to want to be heavy, and no reason to hide behind the weight, and it is still an issue~! GAH!!!!

Why couldn't we all be thin instead of so damn beautiful????

Well I am off to my inlaws, SIL is due in. Rick is going to be late----is anyone surprised??? He is out on the rez---so his cell reception is bad, which really sucks.

I had one of the drivers wives/girlfriend/whatever call me this afternoon to see if Rick was working these hours or not. Guess she was feeling suspicious! Glad that is not an issue with us!

I am so sleepy.......early bed for me tonight!

Gonna Water the front flowers and go. DIL went toher sisters so I didn't get to take Connor, so I took my Mom in for a tetanus shot. Check in after work tomorrow.

Ya know Kat, I have figured out what my fears are...and they are valid fears, at least to me they are. Now it is just learning what to do now to calm the fears, or face them.

WW and the band and low carb...they will all work, but be undone again if I can not figure the head part out. Guess if I figure it out I could seel the rememdy and make a fortune! lol

Good morning everyone!

For the past month or 2 I had stopped taking my celexa and trazadone at night and just took celexa in the morning and stopped taking the other. I just did not like the idea of taking 2 pills, weird i know. Anyway, since then I have tossed and turned at night and not gotten any really good sleep. So I switched back and took them both last night and slept like a baby. Guess I will just have to be dependent on pills. I hate that. But would rather that than the alternative...a complete mental breakdown, lol. a few of you got to witness that in the other thread a while back. :)

I weighed this morning and it was 5 pounds less than i thought. :tongue2: I am relieved.

So we have a week and a half of school left. I had said macys last day was the 4th but it is really the 3rd. After one week, she will be completely bored and ready to go back to school. She will drive our cat bonkers. Actually, our cat Lucy LOVES her. I have never seen a cat fetch, lol. The cat has such a good temperment. She doesn't run and hide from dd. When she is all played out she just gets off macys lap and lays next to her. :smile: Too cute.

OK, I have bored you all enough...

OH..Michelle.... i was going to get her other books too. Which one are you starting with?

Kat-are you going to do WW?

Suzanne-how often do you go to WW for a weigh in?

Have a fantastic day everyone!!! Be nice to yourselves!

hey guests....why dont you join us? we wont bite, well, at least not at first :tongue2:

Morning Everyone!

Tracy, I haven't decided yet. Here is what I'm going to buy tho:

Women, food & God

Breaking Free from Emotional Eating

Why Weight? A Guide to Ending Compulsive Eating

I'll have to take a good look at them when I get them and see. Probably the oldest first. The workbook kinda scares me!

I just ordered them today. Free shipping at Barnes and Noble and 2 of them are only costing me about $11 each!! Score!

I'll be at the shop probably all day. My friend is going to use my truck again to move some stuff so I'll stay this afternoon and man the shop for her. She has another friend who is coming with her DH and their truck today so she'll have help! I fell awful when I can't help her move things. It's not my nature!

Looks like rain again. Snow never materialized here but up higher it did. It's a cold one!

Have a beautiful day, ladies!

Morning!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I ran out of here Friday so excited to get home and pack up for our little weekend place only to get a call from my hubby that he was going to have to work all weekend :tongue2:. We still ended up going but it's just not the same. He had to leave the house at 3:30 am both mornings and came home well after 6:00 pm.

I am absolutely grateful for our jobs, but we just can't seem to get time off together. Mike works for a major refinery in the area and has been working almost every weekend so far this year. I worry a lot about his health; the stress on his body, lack of sleep and factor in the heat and humidity that we are already having...not a good combo.

I spent the weekend picking at little projects. I re-stacked some wood, shop-vaccumed under the house and cleaned out my flower beds. We have huge banana trees lined up against the fence and I went and bought some bamboo borders (not sure what to call them) and made a long flower bed around them. It looks neat and tropical!

There is a vacant piece of property to the right of our house. It has a concrete slab but no house. We were told by other neighbors that the guy sold the house 2 years ago(not the property??!!) and moved away. It is a corner lot and the grass is every bit of a foot high and the bulkhead is in bad shape. In the almost six months that we have owned our property, we have never met this guy or observed his property being maintenanced (mowed), On Saturday after many days/weekends of contemplating what might be hiding in it, I finally decided to go over and attempt to plow some of it down. I am not a fan of rats or snakes and I dreaded it getting beyond the point of mowing (who am I kidding...it already was!).

I am silently cursing this guy while sweating my butt off and low and behold, guess who pulls up in his big fancy truck? Talk about an awkward moment! There I stand with my little push mower on HIS property. He didn't even bother to get out of his truck. I walked over and introduced myself, explained that I just wanted to get it cut back a little before the critters came out. He was not rude...just indifferent. He said, "Well, uh, thank you, I guess?". He said he was planning on brush-hogging it soon. Then he volunteered that he only lived a few streets over. That sorta made me madder. Really dude? You let it get this bad??

It now stands half mowed. I quit. In retrospect, I think if he were a gentleman, he could have at least filled my gas can back up. He didn't show his face the rest of the weekend...

On a positive note, Zach and I found a duck nest hidden in all that crap. Momma was not moving! I just mowed around it and left a patch of grass standing to protect it. When she did get up there were 18 eggs (if they stick around, we will have to find some fun names for them)!

Whew! This turned into a rant. I will come back when I can be more personable!! Sorry!

Angela