Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Kat, sounds like you and Kinsey had a great time. What a lovely thing to do with her, build memories. Keeping my fingers crossed for your MIL and also hoping things go good with FIL.

Tracy, I just wish they would all quite lying to us about what happened and what is going on. They act like we are stupid when they say 5 thousand gallons a day and then days later say they were wrong and it's way more than that. I'm so sad for all the people that rely on the gulf for their living.

We were supposed to cut grass at the church yesterday but it is so soggy and we decided to wait till today. Now hubby went back to bed because he didn't sleep well last night. Looks like a long day here.

JENN??????????????

Boy, did we get lucky. We mowed for about 2 1/2 hours and the belt broke on the riding lawnmower. So we were headed back to the shed to put it away and get the other push mower so we could finish up. We had about another 2 hours to go. I decided to call the guy in charge and tell him about the belt and he wanted to know why we were there. Huh?? Oh dear, they got the schedule mixed up and forgot that we would be there this week and they scheduled for the Men's Ministry to come and do the yard work this weekend. So we put everything back in the shed and got our butts out of there. They can finish up what we didn't get done. But it's a mess there. So much rain and there was still puddles of Water everywhere. My pants are soaked up to my knees. Time to go take my shower.

Back from the bank and the grocery store. They were having a huge sale at the store. I went to get a few things and ended up with a boat load. 6 bags of various chips. I keep those around for when the kids show up to go swimming, I then have Snacks for them. 3 boxes of cheez-its and the best part was they had yellow and red peppers on sale. I love to cook those out on the grill. Or even cut them up for my salads. yummy.

Now I'm just waiting for the next door neighbor to call. We are off to have a margarita and chew the fat for a little bit.

Hope Angela got on the road and is doing good. Keep my fingers crossed for good weather for them.

Hope you all had a good day.

Hi Cindy, Michelle and Bethany.

hi girls~

I am so tired, I cannot see straight!

MIL's biopsy went well, she said she thinks she remembers him saying it looked good---but she was supposedly knocked out. Now she woke up during her knee replacement, so I am not saying it couldn't have happened, but I think she is imagining it!!

We will have results on Tuesday---she sees the oncologist again on Thursday. They postponed FIL's procedure until next Friday. I wish he would cancel it, and not go anymore, I don't think they have helped him at all....but tell that to the SIL & BIL in Denver who seem to be calling all the shots these days.

Anyway, I am still going to be giving her shots in the belly for about another week.

Did have 30 minutes to waste today and hit JC Penney's nad found some capris and shirts---shirts were on clearance, and I was super happy with them. Capris on sale, but still cost me more than I wanted to pay, but they fit well, so sucked it up!!! LOL I said I was not buying anymore size 12's....I lied. I bought them! Can't stress over it right now. Too much going on.

Tomorrow, I work, then have a friends parents 50th anniversary party to go to. Then MIL's shot.....then, I think a drink and the patio is ALL I am doing! LOL

Rick got home about 7:30 tonight. He left yesterday morning!!! 39 hours.....and it was ALL overtime!!! Uncle Sam takes most of the cash, but we pay our 401K and our IRA's, and stock purchase plan with pre tax money---and that is a big boost. Should top out our IRA's for this year already! YAY!!!! We do Roth IRA's---I know a lot of people don't like them, but we feel like they will be best for us when we retire. Assuming that happens sometime! LOL

Yeah Tracy, the whole thing with BP is scary to us. Halliburton is right in the middle of it all.....so it hits close to home. DD is a BP employee, and Rick is with Halliburton!!

I too think they knew in the beginning they were pouring way more oil in than reported.

But....I honestly believe they are doing everything they can at this point to fix it, and save the shores, sea life, and their own hides! The news on TV makes it sound like they are simply choosing not to take care of it properly. The entire worldwide company is on the line, from the CEO's down the admin assistants like my DD. I think if they had known how to fix it when it happen, it would have been done in hours. The fact is no one KNOWS how to fix it. It is an experiment in the making, and a deadly one.

Just as they do not know how to fix it, I don't think they honestly thought it could or would happen. Here in our area, BP is the leader in work safety. They make a 3 hour job take all day with the precautions that they have in place. When they draw a BP job everyone groans because they know what they are in store for with the safety precautions. Something like this puts those precautionary measures in perspective.....

I read that there was a huge gas bubble come through the line, which caused the explosion....and as deep as they drill, to me that is not any ONES fault---it is an act of nature that equipment could not handle....it would be kind of like capping a volcano, and expecting it to hold.....never knowing if it would blow. Now they know these things can and do happen....and measures need to be taken to make things safer. What those measures are, I have no idea.

It has been on my prayer list to be sure, that they be given guidance and ability to repair the problem, and wisdom to fix the damage caused.

Well ladies, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend----I will get in here and do personals....I promise, but for now I am off to bed!

Good Saturday Morning.

Sun is shining and it's supposed to get up to 85 today. Looks like a good day for the pool but too bad we don't have it all hooked up. Gonna get that done today.

There was a couple of things planned for today but they fell thru so later hubby and I will get the hoses hooked up and get the pump going.

Tomorrow I have a grad party and a b-day party to go to. Watch out cake.

Have a great day everyone.

Everyone have a great day! About to bring dd to meet my sister half way so she can spend the night. YAY! I will post later today!

Whatever you all do , be good to yourselves and BE CAREFUL!

'Morning!

Tracy, what was the name of that book again? I think I need to buy it and read it. I've gained back up to 190 again. I just can't seem to stop eating. :thumbup: I made a fill appt for the 3rd but not sure I actually need a fill. I think I just need some tape over my mouth. :smile:

Kat, the spill is such a mess. I sure hope they can figure out something fast. Last night on the late news they were saying that Kevin Costner had spent A LOT of years and about 24 million on this device that sucks oiled Water up, cleans ALL of the oil out and puts the water back while tanking the oil. They are going to start using 6 of these devices in the next couple of days. My prayers are that they work and work WELL!

Suzanne, I saw an ad for our local Curves. They are hiring right now! I've always thought it'd be fun to work there. I liked working OUT there when I could afford it. I emailed them and I'm going to stop by this AM and get an app before DD and I head to the shop! I am REALLY hoping I get it. Only problem is I can only work during the week and can't open or close b/c of childcare issues. Figuring that will knock me out of the running. I told them that in the email. We'll see what happens.

Hi Bethany, Angela and Cindy!!

DD and I will be at the shop today. My friend is going to use my DH's truck to move some of the bigger stuff out today so we'll cover while she's doing that.

Well better get to it. We might get snow tonight! LOL!!!!

Michelle, I never heard that about Kevin Costner. I would say that right now they need to rey everything possible. Keeping my fingers crossed that they find something soon. Good luck on the job search.

Geraniums, petunias. coleous, rose moss and a few other things are now planted. Pool hoses are hooked up. Water being pumped in the pool right now. Very productive day here. Tomorrow we will run the vaccum on the pool and then add the chemicals. Looks like we will be ready by next weekend. :thumbup:

Now shower time and then off to church.

Kat, I hope that your MIL's diagnosis is good, and I agree about the FIL. My FIL has had numerous procedures and had to be catheterized many times over about a 3 month period. He just recently started doing better. I hope they get it all straight soon for your FIL.

Michelle, good luck with the job. That sounds like fun.

As far as the BP spill, it is just sad for me. My uncle has a shrimp boat and my husband's uncle is part owner of a seafood company on the coast. It is a real bad time. I hope they figure this out soon. The loss of livliehood for many down here and the devastating effect it is having on our marine animals and coastline is hard to rebound from.:thumbup:

I realized this morning I need a small fill. I ate almost an entire bacon egg and cheese sandwich on whole wheat toast!:o I should've stopped at half of it, but I didn't :thumbup: A tiny fill should kick me in my butt. I am due, anyway. I haven't had a fill since November '08.

My daughter is on a plane on the way to New York for her senior trip. She is going with a supervised school group, so I know she is safe, but I have NEVER been apart from her for a week. I think 4 days is the longest and that was just this year. OMG, I have a problem:crying:. I know she will have a great time, though. The trip is 7 days and packed with tours and activities, including seeing Wicked!

Oh, I found out I do get to work summer school. I didn't really WANT to work, but I need the money. I will work it this year to help try to get another car, and if I work next year, it will be Tummy Tuck money.:thumbup:

oh, and

1 more day of school with kids!! :smile:

Then, of course, two days later I start planning for summer school.:thumbup:

Oh, here is the picture from graduation. Notice the honor cords around her neck!:thumbup:

post-40009-13813139312826_thumb.jpg

I know I need to post....I am just so tired, it seems to be too much for me to do right now. I need to stay awake so I can go give my MIL her shot. I had SERIOUS plans to sleep in tomorrow, then was told (yes told) by MIL that I would have to do the one in the morning too, my niece had been doing morning since I was working, but since I am off.....I guess I am doing it too. So much for sleeping in, she wants it around 7 no later than 8. deep, DEEP sigh......

Work was slow. Then went to the 50th anniversary, had a VERY good time! Was so good to be with my old friends!

Come home, watered everything, planted some more moss rose in some patio planters, and here I sit, trying to stay awake!!!

I am hungry, and don't know for what. Rick will be very late again he said. Tomorrow is his last day to fill both positions...so should get better soon.

Will try to check in later.

Diantha, that was the other plant I got planted.

Ended up being a beautiful day here today And we got alot done.

One of the things we did was capture 2 little tree frogs that were hanging around the deck and the pool. Got them put in to a tub and in the car and drove about 3/4 of mile away to a little creek and dropped them off. Got home and we now have 2 more that we will have to catch. Guess we must have had a full family.

Kat, I hope you can still get a good nights sleep. Things might ease up a little when Rick gets home.

Same thing happens to me. I make a senseless little statemant such as "I don't have to work tomorow" and the family jumps on it. I think they think I am at their beck and call.

BIL grilled sausages and yellow and red peppers. Oh my it was delicious.

Hi everyone.

Edited by Suziecat

OMG. I wish you could hear these frogs. They are so tiny but sound like they are Bullfrogs. I think they must be calling their missing family members. They probably will be joining them tomorrow if they keep this up. LOL.