Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I would have ranted too Angela--what a load! Sounds to me as tho he has someone who informed him, it just seems awful coincedental he just pulled up, and was not getting out asking who you were and what you were doing.....know what I mean??

We love to go to the local pond and see all the baby ducks---how fun!

I also understand completely what you are saying about your DH and his health. My DH had sudden onset mitral valve failure several years ago. During his pre op work up they caused a serious blood clot in the ileac, so he had to resolve that prior to heart surgery. 3 months later he could not wait any longer and they operated, ended up actually having to reduce the size of his heart due to the extended wait for surgery. He had surgery, did wonderful. Was having regular PT checks, because he had been on coumadin as a blood thinner for all those months. 2 days before he was to return to work, he had a MAJOR upper GI bleed, he vomitted and tore the esophagus on both sides away from the stomach. Dr. told us he was dying, likely in the next few minutes----and 2 amazing Dr.'s, and some clever experimenting on their part they saved him.

He is in good health again....BUT

He had 120 hours in last week!!! He actually had 124.5, but 4.5 were this morning, so on a new pay period!!!

NO ONE should work that way! So I stress! LOTS!!

I hear you and am glad I am not alone in it!!!

Just chatted for awhile with Tracy---on FB. So nice to be able to do that!!

It is cold here today, barely made 60 if that. YUCK!!! Yesterday was upper 80's....tomorrow is supposed to be too. Damn weather!!!

Michelle, I hope your friend knows how lucky she is to have you to help in her shop. And I am impressed and proud of you for resisting the urge to help physically!!!

So Suzie, did you transfer the remaining frogs? I had no idea tree frogs were loud like that! Amazed me!!! We have toads and bull frogs, occasionally, but not lots.

Time to go check on Rick, he is sleeping, he has a major cold......read above rant shared with Angela!!!

See y'all in awhile!

Angela-i agree with kat. Sounds like he has a spy around there. Too much of a coincidence he just drove up like that. Now that we have you paranoid about your neighbors....lol. j/j He sounds very inconsiderate! The only word that comes to mind is jackass.

Kat-i enjoyed our chat too!

Hi new faces..... :tongue2:

Hey I am trying to post here

I'm exhausted and work with a bunch of drama kings... long story short, I got my hand slapped today for doing things that I didn't 100% do.

It is stupid bs but is draining me. I have 2 people saying i'm not doing anything.... so I now am going to keep to myself and just be a cold hearted person I guess I need to be... My boss doesn't have anyone who likes or respects her and I went out riding with one of the supers Friday at lunch when this all started. possibly a little jealous but who knows... but I can play that game too

I am actually going to bed in a few, i'm mentally done. Kev called me last week and I've been sad ever since... I am still seeing George and am so happy and content with him, tomorrow we are going to dinner and then he is going to take me for a ride on his harley. does it get any better than that?

anyway, on complete overload and mentally drained from everything... so off to bed i go

I had to step away from myself for a little while! I didn't realize how bent out of shape I still was over that whole mess.

Now that you guys have said it, it makes perfect sense! I bet somebody told him what I was doing. I guess at this point I hope what they said was spoken in a good way and not a negative way. What a way to start off in a new home, lol!!

I just hope Mr. Turdy-neighbor does not plow over the duck eggs!!

I had no business being over there....and really no right to be mad, but sheesh! For the sake of your neighbors and the neighborhood, could you keep it mowed?

((Closing that discussion!))

Kat, your husband has been through a lot. A very lucky man indeed. Mike has high blood pressure as well as sleep apnea, and he (we!) are still overweight. I worry all the time.

We did manage to get away for a cruise earlier this year. That is my favorite way to vacation and with Galveston being in our backyard we don't have to fly or drive and it is very affordable. We usually go during the fall/winter/spring time because it is a lot cheaper.

Well, it's time for me to get off the clock. I hope everyone is doing well and I will check in tomorrow.

Oh...I Facebook too! It may be too soon, but if you are interested, let me know and I will PM you my info.

Have a good evening!

Angela

Hey guys and any new people that want to join us.

What a day. I'm exhausted and my Butt hurts.

Got home from work and hubby and I took off to go get a hose and chemicals for the pool. Got back and we were having a heck of a time getting the hose back on so I called my nephew Luke. I went and picked him up and within 30 seconds he had it on. YoungUn's. So then we spent the rest of the day outside working on getting things ready to go for this weekend. Wish we could go swimming now but we haven't put the chemicals in yet.

It's so hot and humid here. We have been lucky so far that we have been able to survive with just the attic fan. Any hotter and the AC will go on. It's usually late June before we do that.

Tomorrow I am working a double shift and inbetween going to meet a friend for lunch. She's in town from Florida on her way to South Dakota. So I'll take a few hours to go spend with her. Then back to work.

I won't bore you but I have sister drama going on right now.:tongue2:

Angela, I agree with everyone else. I was thinking the same thing as I was reading your post. Oh, and you can add me to FB.

Hi Jenn. Have fun on the Harley.

Tracy, I am that way about pills. I really don't want to take any at all. Not even aspirin.

My hubby worked in a Auto Factory for over 30 years. No AC or heat. In the summer months they would pass out Gatorade and coolie wraps for their necks. Someone was always passing out. Long time ago they used to hand out salt tablets but gave that up and went to Gatorade. Sometimes it would get up to 125 degrees in that place. Guys used to post thermometers on their tool boxes. Poor guys.

I cooked ribs out on the grill and had some corn on the cob. Off to go clean up now.

Chat later.

Don't think I'm going to apply at Curves after all. The hours are Monday, 6-10AM and Tuesday 2-7PM. Daycare opens at 6AM and closes at 6PM. Ain't gonna work if DH is out on a fire and I have to use daycare. She did say there is always the potential for more hours as the girls are always wanting time off but the 2 for sure days just are not going to work. :tongue2:(

Jenn-sounds like you have a boss that may be jealous! Just be SWEET SWEET SWEET to her. That'll push her over the edge. lol Good to see you again! What did Kev want?

Michelle-with hours like that i could not work that kind of schedule either. :)

Suzanne-yummmm...ribs?!!

Everyone....have you all seen that show called My Sisters Keeper....with Cameron Diaz. OMG, tear jerker. I cried lke it was family.

Have a great night everyone :tongue2:

Good early Tuesday morning. I woke up around 3:30am and laid there till 4am. Got up and took my shower and washed my hair. It's gonna be a long day and I won't have time for a quick nap. Good thing I don't have to work tomorrow.

Tracy, I had heard that about that movie. A real tearjerker. I haven't seen it yet but look forward to seeing it.

Michelle, too bad it won't work out for you at Curves. It's such an easy job. But the hours do suck. I have to be open by 6am on Monday and Tuesday and every other friday. And even tho we close at 7pm, I don't get out of there right away because there is clean up that needs to be done. Well, hopefully something else will come your way soon.

Kat, we didn't get the frogs last night, they were kind of quiet. Maybe the pool pump going tamed them down a little. How are things going with MIL? Is she still taking those shots?

Well, everyone have a great day and I will check in later this evening.

Make good choices today.

Good morning all~

Hate to start this witha a complaint BUT my right hip has been killing me the past couple of days. This morning i woke up at 4 with it hurting and i managed to go back to sleep until the alarm went off. but i just had to take a vicodin & soma....and it is before 7 AM! so now, her i sit with a buzz. I will prob wake frank and ask him to run macy to school.

There is a friend from an old thread i posted on that is coming to Galveston in July...I can not WAIT to see her. I warned her that I gained all my weight back since she saw me last but our friendship is beyond that and I am really looking forward to it. Macy and frank and I are going to meet them for a day at the beach and her son and macy will be able to play. YAY! Makes me excited to see Suzanne in September. Kat...I really want to meet ypou & Rick too. BUT we will soon. Angela, you and I have no excuses! lol Jenn-money is my issue to see you sista. That and my fat ass, lol.

I want to take this moment to thank all of you ladies...I mean ALL of you! We have grown close and I love knowing I have another family here. It is comforting more than you know.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Be kind to yourselves. (by the way, i am reading my book again)

I need to go...I am so lightheaded.

Good morning!

Tracy, I hope you are taking a pain-free nap! What is going on with your hip?

...You are so right! We have no excuses. There is a Starbucks on Center Street, right??

Suzie, I am so jealous of your pool!!

I just noticed you are from Missouri. My parents, grandparents and one sister live in the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas (Harrison area). We usually venture up there once a year and make the trip into Missouri to visit Silver Dollar City. Two years ago, we decided to go on a road trip to Wisconsin. My oldest sister's (I have 3 sisters) husband had a job transfer from Harrison to Milwaukee a year or so before. That was one of the best trips of my life! There were eleven of us: Mom, two younger sisters, me and our seven combined children. We took two vehicles and had walkie talkies to communicate.

I should mention...my dad is a hard working no nonsense kind of man (that I adore!). A family vacation growing up usually consisted of visiting relatives somewhere. He would pull out the map, chart our course, factor in two fifteen minute bathroom breaks and a meal...and know within minutes our expected time of arrival! We still laugh about those trips. A stop at a rock shop or fruit stand was sooo not happening.

On this trip, we managed to put our feet in eight states, stopping at every state sign to take pictures.(Imagine...eleven of us piling out in front of the signs, lol. We heard a lot of honking!) In Kansas City, Missouri, we decided that we were too close to Kansas not to make the trip over, so we did! We ended up traveling through Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee. We detoured many times...a milking farm, Russell Stover's (everywhere up there!), Metropolis (Illinois... pics with Superman!), and Graceland are a few I remember. The kids were facinated by the Amish farmer on his wagon in Iowa.

One of my funniest memories has to do with my mom. When we were growing up, she taught the Mini Methodist (the pre-schoolers or as she called them m&m's-at our church). When they would go on a trip in the church van, she would wear these big bug-eyed sunglasses. It always made the kids giggle. Before our trip, we spotted them at the dollar store and bought a pair for everybody! We were cracking up passing each other on the road with our glasses on!!

Wow! I don't know where all that came from, but I smiled the entire time I typed this!!

Great memories...I needed that!

Have a great day!!!

P.S.....

Kat, hanging in there?? How is Rick feeling?

Jenn, I look forward to talking with you!

Michelle, hope you are taking it easy still....

Cindy, how many more days??

Bethany...where are you?

Hope I didn't miss anyone...

Angela

Edited by AngelaW
Spelling is terrible!!

I'm here!

Sorry I have been gone...I have been super busy.

We had a huge yard sale this weekend for the HS football team.....um yeah all I can say is I am glad I don't have to work with some of those parents on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong...I know that I can be difficult sometimes but shit some people seem to forget that we are all adults and should be respected as such. One mom was such as bossy bitch that I had to just stay away for the sake of her safety. Sorry for the language....my DH says that I can make a sailer blush... But you all get the point :biggrin:

Tracy-Girl you need to have your hip checked....Do you ever see a chiropractor...I have had some luck with one but some people don't like them.

Kat-My DH worked construction (out of town) before he was injured or should I say while he was injured. He would work 120 to 130 hours on a knee that needed surgery. Yes- the money was great but not at the cost of his health. I totally know what you are going through. He loved what he did but he is now paying for it.

Suzanne-I sure wish I had your energy. You are such an unselfish person always caring for everyone else in your life. Someday it will be your turn.

Michelle-Sorry to hear about Curves. Do you have a local hospital...sometimes they have part-time work positions with various hours since they usually operate 24 hours a day. Maybe they have something during the day in the giftshop, registration, etc. Might be worth looking into.

Angela-Nice neighbor.....how about if I send over the bossy bitch from the yardsale to get him to clean up his own yard. It would serve him right.

Okay, I have a ton of things to do before I leave the office for my physical therapy app. I will check in with you all tonight.

Bethany

Angela-my hip and knee (and lower back) alternate giving me fits. I know it has everything to do with gaining all this weight back. That in itself should be reason enough to lose it again.

YES, there is a starbucks on Center Street. Wanna meet there one day? Just tell me when. Macy may have to tag along, depends on if dh is working.

Bethany-i could make a sailer blush too, so we are on the same page there. After working with guys in the pilfield all my life, it kind of rubbed off. I used to see a chiro but since we moved I need to look up a new one. And NOW, my insurance covers it :unsure: :biggrin: Great idea, thanks for reminding me about chiropractors!

Everyone-Hope you all had a great day so far! I have to get macy in the tub. She has a girl scouts meeting tonight and we do not get home until 8 and that is her bedtime, so i like her to take one before we leave.

Enjoy your evenings!

Oh I'm so pissed. I wrote out a big huge post and it didn't go thru. I commented on a few things that were posted and I think God got even with me for what I had wrote.

I'm to tired right now to redo it so i will do that in the morning. Maybe have a better frame of mind by then.

Sweet dreams.

Edited by Suziecat