Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Morning gals

Hi Josie, nice to have you here with us

I'm from upstate NY, close to Albany..

up getting ready for a football game, cold rainy day here.

Tracy - have fun, gonna call you Monday morning when the kids get on the bus

Suzanne, thanks, I had a bad kev day again yesterday... ass... he called alexandra and she HATES him, how sad is that... and she hates him more for what he has done to me than for him not being around for her.

anyway, I might go on a real date later... how nice is that? someone actually wants to take me out.

Good Saturday Morning.

I'm up and getting ready to go to my monthly support group meeting. I really enjoy going to these. I seem to do real good for about a week afterwards and than fall of again. Maybe they need to have weekly meetings. lol.

Not much else going on for the day. They are calling for a slight chance of rain. Can't believe summer is over with. Didn't really get much pool time in. My tan is starting to fade. Let's hope for a short winter.

Everyone have a great and wonderful day. Be good to yourselves.

Hi all I'm cari I was banded may of this year. I've lost 20lbs but recently found out I have an underactive thyroid so now that I'm taking meds for that I'm hoping my weightloss will kick in. I've been married a year and have a two year old daughter

Welcome Cari, Sounds like it's been a little rough for you. Hopefully the meds will kick in and you can get on with your weight loss journey. Good Luck.

Hi all,

Ive been a bad eater this week. I made Cookies and well then I ate some of them. But I did send the rest to work with my hubby yesterday to get them out of the house.

Cari I too have thyroid issues that was discovered a year after banding, so now I am on meds for that, hoping they get the dosage all figured out real soon for me tho. I know that I need to get my butt back into the gym to kick start my weight loss again and tighten things up.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Hey Shalee, I've been thinking for weeks about makeing my famous choc-chip oatmeal Cookies. But I would be the same way. I would eat to many of them. Even if I freeze them. So right now it's just thinking about it.

Well, so much for going to my support group meeting today. The eating is now more out of control. And to top it off, Hubby sent me to Walgreens and I ended up buying a Snickers Ice Cream bar. Holy Cow. What is wrong with me.

Jenn, I hope you are having a wonderful time tonight.

I had an absolutely wonderful time, I forgot what it was like to be with someone that is not hard work and actually grabs your hand and just walks and enjoys your company.

Suzie- I wish I could figure out what has happened with me to get it together in August so I could share it with you. You know this journey has been horrible for me and all I can say is i have done a ton of soul searching the last yearand it has been a long time coming. What I do know is I want to like me for me, and I am no longer begging people to want to be with me, men and friends in general, Like me or dont, I care but don't anymore. I know I have friends who love me for me, and MR Right is out there and now that I am taking control of me, there are options out there for me.

xoxoxox

night

Oh Jenn, You don't know how wonderful it was to read your post. I worry about you all the time. How refreshing to hear that you had a great evening and not one staying at home worrying about Kev. Good for you for getting out and living.

I do admire you so much for what you have accomplished. As much as I would like for you to send me your MoJo, I know it is something that I have to do for myself. I just can't seem to find that feeling I had when I first started this journey. That newness, the excitement. I remember it well, just can't find it within me right now.

A lot of it could be the enviroment that I live in. Having a house full of people that want my pespect but that have no respect for hubby and I. As much as I would love to kick them all out. I just can't. They are my family and I do know soon they will be gone. It will be back to just hubby and I and than I can once again concentrate on me. Put the effort back into me. I know it sounds selfish, but I need to take care of me.

I hope Tracy is having a great time.

Everyone have a great day. I am off to a birthday party for a 5 year old. I'm taking my 4 1/2 year old grandniece with me. She'll be able to get out and play in the park with the rest of the kids. It will be good for both of us.

Hi everyone,

i had trouble getting on the internet yesterday. part of the reason for my trip to NY was to check my summer house that i rented out this past summer (it was perfect...great renters this year yay!) i am in fire island which is a small barrier island south of long island.

thanks jennifer for my welcome. my best friend is from schenectady near you. and i spent summers on the sachandaga lake (spelling??) when i was a kid.

i'm happy for you re: your date. funny how we start to live after we wrestle our food demons.

suzie... i hear ya....

when i was in the middle of the "blue bell craze" (i put on 17 lbs alone with that) i just thought i was plain crazy.

just a few things i did to break it was to:

-start journalling my food and being totally honest. (i used to "fudge" my journals so they looked good"

-simultaneously i went to the gym. i hadnt been in 6 mos. i made myself go. i read on here where a girl said she made herself get dressed in gym clothes and just get up and walk in the door. so i made a deal with myself to do just that. i didnt even have to work out that day if i didnt want to. it made me go and i actually had a good class. so now i'm back after being away 6 mos.

-i also pray for relief from my obsession. i'm not religious...but i do believe in a higher power.

this all just came together in the last month. i was in a not-so-good cycle for about 6 mos.

i hope you feel better.

shalee: You and i are on parallel universes. we go to the same threads. maybe we are twins separated at birth ha! Glad you sent the Cookies away with your DH.

hi oliviasmommy: glad you found the thyroid problem and are on the way to getting it under control.

thanks for the welcome tracyK.

i'm glad it's not too cold here in NY. i dont know what i was thinking but i packed like i was going to the arctic. sam (my fiance' and I are going to just tool around the island...bike ride, etc. he's a native texan (i'm the first "yankee" he went out with...yes they still call us yankees)

it's fun to show him where i come from. we will head to manhattan on tuesday and then brooklyn (where i grew up)

jennifur, this is the first healthy relationship i've ever been in (i'm 51 yrs old) and it is soooo easy. i always went for the difficult guys. good luck with your new date.

have a great day everyone

josie

ah... thanks you guys

suzie - you know what a bad place I've been in with Kev for a very long time, and how long I've been trying to break away and just couldn't. I was not eating a ton but was total comfort food, chicken fingers, nachcos from the bar, which was much worse than my healthy nachos and onion chips. Getting that big fill got me back to healthy cooking for my children, but it has been a long time coming of soul searching to get back in the game. I know you have lots going on there too, and I have been journaling, and just thinking alot about how I want my life to be, and when I go for my walks alone, I just think about everything.

I hope some of those tips help and if you want any good ideas of stuff everyone will eat that is good for you and the band, I would be happy to share that too.

I still have a long way to go, family court is going to really mess with my head, but my best friend said she would take the morning off of work to go with me and take him down. LOL. she has seen all that I have been put through.

Have a great Sunday everyone, I have to go get some school supplies

I'm BACK!! Hi ladies!

We had a good time. It rained the entire weekend but the company was fantastic (and the food, shame on me). We did go on the 4 wheeler and it was fun :sad: Kat called me while I was in Louisiana! I was so surprised! Made me feel good.

Josie...I am right there with ya on the blue bell being the best! That stuff should be illegal, right? :wub: It is responsible for most of my weight gain! Stress, enchiladas and Blue Bell.

Suzanne you are doing fantastic. It is hard with stress eating for me too but you have done so well. We can all just take this one day at a time, right?

JEN!!! You go girl! I am so glad you had fun on your date. Of course someone wants to go out with you, you are a beautiful girl! :tongue2: I look forward to your call!

I go for my yearly ob/gyn visit tomorrow. I dont wanna go because I love my dr and he will be disappointed in me and I do not wanna disappoint him. I have to go though, I have put it off long enough.

Hi Cari :eek:

Have a great evening everyone!

Hey Tracy, glad your home and safe. I missed you.

I just got home from spending 4 hours with about 20, 5 year olds. Holy Cow. Where do they get so much energy? Was it the cake and pop? Well, they are with their parents now and I am in my nice quiet house.

I did better on my eating today. I said better, not good. But it is a start. Tomorrow I will have my nose to the grindstone on this. Our annual "Walk from Obesity" is this weekend and Hubby and I need to get in gear.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Tracy - hey sister, so glad to have you back, I'll talk to you in the am

Suzanne - can you post your link for donations? i lost it wish all that was going on and I really want to send you some

I can't wait for my cancer walk, I just have this need to get involved in something important.

Ok Dan just left, he watched a girly movie with me... how funny is that.

had a nice relaxing night!

I'm trying to choke down 2.5 oz of chicken ... not sure if i'm going to get the rest down, I have been so good today and I'm eating now, why didn't i have some s/f ice cream instead???

well, ehope you all had a good weekend

Good Morning girls.

Up and getting ready for a long day.

I think I will grab my journel and try once again to use it. I did it for about 3 months last year and it does seem to help. I just need to be honest when using it.

I'll check in after I get off work.

Make it a good one.

Jenn, try this link.

Kansas City, MO (2009) - General Donation