Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Ice Cream and Cake, do the Ice Cream and Cake.:thumbup:

Ice Cream and Cake, do the Ice Cream and Cake.

Now can I sue Baskin & Robbins. :frown:

Morning Sweet Girls.

Ugh, trying to wake up so I can go to the Gym with Hubby.

Tracy, you gonna be able to go on your weekend trip? I hope so. It sounds like so much fun.

Jenn, I hope today is a better day for you. How are the kids doing in school, they having a good start?

Janie, I still need a haircut really bad. Oh, also I got a text from you and I think you might have meant to sent it to TracyKS. I sure do hope her and Robbie can meet up with us.

Everyone have a great day and I'll check in soon.

Good morning ladies :frown:

Yes, I am going on my trip this morning but I thought I would do a drive by posting. lol

It IS pouring down rain but, the 4 wheelin' will turn into muddin'....but that is OK too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :thumbup:

Tracy, Have a great time, take pics and most of all.....

Respect the Band.

Hi Shalee and Joan, nice to have you too

This is a new start for me too.

Hi Suzanne nice to see you

As you guys know, I got a big fill for me on July 30th and am down 30lbs, I'm kind of stuck here again which is frustrating as heck, because I am not eating more than 1/2 cup of food and high Protein, and walking tons every day. Oh well

So last night was the ribbon cutting ceremony - I had so many compliments on how I looked, got a date, and had one of the guys i saw every day ask the driver who asked me out who the girl was he was feeling her ass... OK ... he did not touch my butt, just pointed out he saw my tattoo on my back when I was working in the warehouse... but no offensive or even enjoyable touching.. but I was like... Kenny didn't know it was me???? that was all I got out of that.... My hair is not falling out anymore and my curls are back, last time i saw them my hair was pin staight and last night it was very curly. YEAH ME

anyway... that was my last night

I'm going to watch the weather and go for a walk. my entire day is off ...

TT... sometimes I want one, and then I think of another surgery... I don't know... I am going to go for a consult for the smart Lipo, I know people who had it done and the baby sag tightened right up, it is almost amazing.

Anyway... Tracy have fun... i want to go play in the mud

Jenn, Awesome job on the weight loss. But even more awesome is the compliment. I bet that felt good.

I'm also a walker, just wish I could do more of it. I would walk from here to N.Y. and back if my ankles would let me. I love, love, love to walk.

Keep up the good work.

Hello Homeys,

Can I hang with you? My name is Julie. I have been looking for a new home. I hope I have found it. I was banded in June and have lost a total of 28 lbs. I'm in a rut. I have had two fills and craving sweets. I know I could be doing better. I'm very active at work and home and try to work out two to four days a week. I was doing pretty good before I went on vacation and then it all went down hill. It seems once I get out of my routein it is impossible to get back in it. I'm due for a fill Monday. Will see what happens then.

Welcome Julie. You've come to the right place. Believe me when I say we know what a stuggle it is and at being at that point of not budging.

I've been banded for almost 3 years now and have lost over 190 pounds. I just can't seem to move that scale anymore. It all started about 10 months ago. I hit a plateau and can't seem to get over that hurdle. I have tried so many things, boot camp, pshyciatric (sp?) counseling even a new gym. I've had countless fills and talks with my Doc. I've read books, magazine articles and Oprah. I don't know what it will take but I'm not giving up. I will beat this and make my goal.

Feel free to ask us anything. We have been there, done that.

Hi Julie, welcome

Good luck with your fill, I did liquids for 10 days then soft food for 10 days, now have a little lettuce with my tuna and I still can't eat much, I needed to go back to basics and it worked.

Suzanne - thanks, it was great, lots of them, I had 1 guy tell me i was looking georgous as usual. So there is a guy that I like there, alot, and we have talked and on and off and he is busy, but he is Dan's boss (the guy from last night) I had several people say to me last night Marty was sorry he missed me and Dan just said one of the shop guys said to him his boss was going to be mad at him for messing with his woman. OK... I really like Marty, and have been flirting for a while, and he has back, but just not in a good place. I just don't want to mess that up, but shoot, I want to get out and go on a date, and Dan wants to take me out... what to do? I was thinking about leaving a message for Marty saying "I'm your girl?????" did I miss something...? I don't know what should I do?

hey everyone,

i would like to join you guys. i am not homeless but have been a "drifter" on this site. i'd like to "wiggle my butt onto the couch" and have a more solid place to come to.

i am originally from NYC and moved to Katy, Texas 3 years ago. i retired and moved to be near family. i LOVE texas....

a little backround....

i wanted to lose weight before i moved to texas. not only did i not lose weight...i actually started gaining and i was miserable.

my brother suggested the lapband. he had seen a special on the medical channel. funny thing is...i totally investigated this in 2002 when i was 270 lbs and decided against it because i thought i couldnt eat steak (i didnt even like steak back then). i think the real reason was i wasnt ready.

fast forward.....

i was banded in 3/07 . i lost most of my weight in the first year after busting my butt in the gym, journalling, etc. i had many "slips" along the way.

during the second year, i got addicted to blue bell (the best ice cream in the world). i started eating only junk as it was too hard to eat good food.

i gained 20 lbs back.

i've had trouble eating for the entire life of the band. i think i kept myself too tight....which was my fault totally...not the band's fault, not the doctor's fault, etc.

i was seriously thinking of taking it out and about 4 weeks ago my doctor suggested a total unfill. he felt i might go away from junk food and start eating regular food which has happened.

last week i joined weight watchers to be held accountable and i have to say it is a winning combination with the band (for me). i found a group on LBT that does both. i finally got back to the gym after PS and lost 6 lbs this week. i have 13 more to go.

i'm pretty chatty today ha!

i'm heading the NY for vacation tomorrow so next week i will be on/off but normally i'm on every day.

so i will be checking in when i can...

have a great weekend

josie

Welcome Josie and now we have 2 Texas Girls. Tracy will be excited when she gets back.

Jenn. I've been out of the dating thing for over 27 yrs. I wouldn't have a clue as to what to do. Maybe do what feels right to you. But one thing I do suggest is, take it slow. Other than that, I do agree that you need to get out more and have fun. Just what the Doc ordered.

Thanks Suzie

Hi Josie & Julie!! Welcome to our group! I can not talk too long because I am at friends house...I will be back Sunday evening...ttyl

Just about time to call it quits. Tomorrow is our support group meeting. I haven't been for about 3 months now. I really need to go. I do get a lot out of them, and I love seeing everyone else.

Have a good evening and I'll check in tomorrow.