Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Babs are you exercising? Drinking your Water? I suggest a food journal and limiting your self to 1000 cals a day. I was losing slow until I started the gym

Jenn, Bravo. :tt1: You can't believe how tremendously proud I am of you. You have achieved so much in this last year. You are an inspiration to me and all.

I have been heavy all my life. Right now I don't feel comfortable telling what my starting weight was when I decided to go on this journey. But to date I am down 190 pounds. I still have a long ways to go and with the band, my Hubby, my Doc and with all our your support, I will make it.

I am not a stress eater. I am not an emotional eater. I was never abused, raped, fondled or molested. I come from a very loving and caring family. My parents were married 40 years before they were seperated by death. I just love to eat. Eat anything-almost. I eat when Im full. I eat when I'm tired, happy, crying, watching tv, sitting outside, swimming, visiting. You name it.

I push my band to the limit. I know it's wrong but I do it anyway. However, this last fill is possibly the one that's going to do it for me for awhile. It is really telling me to knock this s*#t off. Quit pushing it.

I've started walking again. Taking a renewed interest in my work outs at Curves and at the Gym.

The road ahead of me is still long but, if I never lose another pound, I'm still proud of my accomplishment. In the last year I have done things I never would have thought of doing. I get out more, I do more and I live more. I'm not afraid to go to a store and hear, "look at that fat lady, Mom". I don't see the pity in peoples eyes as I pass them. Or the disgust. I'm not a size 8 or 10 but I can buy clothes form Dillard's and wal-mart. I don't have to rely on catalogs.

I wish all of you luck in your journey and always remember that you never walk alone. Someone is always here for you. I for one am.

Edited by Suziecat

Shalee,

I know its hot there. I like it because when I'm there I'm seeing my sister and her family. I was actually born in a small town outside Bakersfield called Wasco. When my family from Bakersfield comes out here to visit they always talk about all our trees and how green everything is. Yeah well with that green and trees comes lots of bugs and humidity :tt1:. I love it though. I just hate being away from the people I love. Bloom where your planted right!!

Hi Julie,

Yes I know where Wasco is. Actually this town isnt so bad, I just have to get used to it. And I agree with the bugs and humity, when hubby was in Virginia for 6 months it was beautiful and greeen and like you say, humid and buggy,,,hehehehe I will also take our earthquakes anyday over hurricanes and tornados.

Jenn, Bravo. :tt1: You can't believe how tremendously proud I am of you. You have achieved so much in this last year. You are an inspiration to me and all.

I have been heavy all my life. Right now I don't feel comfortable telling what my starting weight was when I decided to go on this journey. But to date I am down 190 pounds. I still have a long ways to go and with the band, my Hubby, my Doc and with all our your support, I will make it.

I am not a stress eater. I am not an emotional eater. I was never abused, raped, fondled or molested. I come from a very loving and caring family. My parents were married 40 years before they were seperated by death. I just love to eat. Eat anything-almost. I eat when Im full. I eat when I'm tired, happy, crying, watching tv, sitting outside, swimming, visiting. You name it.

I push my band to the limit. I know it's wrong but I do it anyway. However, this last fill is possibly the one that's going to do it for me for awhile. It is really telling me to knock this s*#t off. Quit pushing it.

I've started walking again. Taking a renewed interest in my work outs at Curves and at the Gym.

The road ahead of me is still long but, if I never lose another pound, I'm still proud of my accomplishment. In the last year I have done things I never would have thought of doing. I get out more, I do more and I live more. I'm not afraid to go to a store and hear, "look at that fat lady, Mom". I don't see the pity in peoples eyes as I pass them. Or the disgust. I'm not a size 8 or 10 but I can buy clothes form Dillard's and wal-mart. I don't have to rely on catalogs.

I wish all of you luck in your journey and always remember that you never walk alone. Someone is always here for you. I for one am.

Thank you, that is just so kind of you to say, I don't think of myself that way.

Most of my stress is from the relationship I am just getting out of, but I do love to cook, and I have learned how to cook healthy low fat/cal/carb and everything I do I focus on Protein.< /span>

Suzanne - You should be proud of yourself!!!!! You have lost 190lbs... that is something to jump up and down about. My dr would have suggested no band but RNY, so you have worked hard to get that gone! It is a great time of year to get motivated, nice walking weather, get out there! and you are so right, a lb is a lb is a lb, slow and steady wins the race, and if it comes off the right way it will stay off

If you ever want to make something, give me a challange and I'll swap it out for a healthy version! That is out there for anyone

I'm very bloated today, I don't know why, but thank goodness for gas x

Tracy - thanks sister!

I hope you have a good night

Wow, I suck as a hostess, right? lol I make a homeless thread and bail out! :w00t:

Wow, where do I begin? First...hi to all of you!! I am so happy to see we have newbies AND veteran bandsters! We can help each other so much! The new girls can give the old ones (me me me) some revitalization! :thumbup:

Kat- it was SO good to see you post here! Glad you had a good trip!

Suzie-I am in awe of you, I really mean that. You have lost an entire adult male....:smile: You are a hero to me! :thumbup:

Jen-I am so proud of you and happy for you that I can hardly see straight! :tt1:

Hi to Josie, Shaylee, Babs, Cari and Courtney! (If I missed someone it is not intentional)

I have been through so much junk the past few months...and have eaten lots of junk. :cool: I vow to get back on track first thing int he morning! I also vow to post daily again. You are all so inspiring!

I 'ran away' to visit my best friends. I left the husband and kids and took off. Well, today while I was on my way home, the school called and my 6 year old daughter had a fever so her dad had to go get her. Long story short, she has an ear infection. (thank God not anything worse). So she is gonna be out of school tomorrow too since she has a low grade temp.

Please...stay on my butt....make me accountable ladies...ok?

Have a fantastic evening!

Thanks sister! There is a real world out there!

I will hold you accountable and will do what you need me to do to kick your butt... we were at the same place for a while, you were lower than me and now I caught up and you bailed... so your turn to catch up with me... DARE YOU!!!!! :tt1::tt2::thumbup::tt2:

Kinsey was in the Dr. this week for a UTI. They think the chaffing from the life jacket issue caused her to not want to pee---because it burned the raw areas, so she held it in. So seriously that she actually has crystalizations in the urine. It is cutting the urinary tract, and causing swelling. Her kindeys were not producing well, but they got the antibiotics started, and she is being forced to drink LOTS---and certain things---and is already doing better.

I am actually staying home with her tomorrow---we do not see patients on Thursday, so I am staying home while her Mom goes to work since she has been off all week.

Wow, to sum up what I have learned from my band.

I eat slower.

I chew well.

I put my fork down between bites.

I consider MOST things for nutritional value before eating them....MOST of the time!

If I want the scale to move...I HAVE to drink lots of Water, and I HAVE to move my butt.

I do not eat after 7 PM

If I get more than a night or 2 of acid reflux---I worry! Time for a slight unfill---it is NOT anything to mess with.

And the thing I suggest from experiencing this last year---is not to let a regain in weight get away from you. When it hits 10 pounds----FIND out the problem, and do what you can to deal with it. Losing it the 2nd time has been slower, and more difficult!

And finally-----I feel like if your head is not in the game, and you are able to eat....we will. We did not get MO with willpower! IF we could have lost the weight and kept it off without the intervention of the band, we would have done so. So if there is something going on, and you are gaining, spend as much time examining inside your head as you do examining what goes on your plate.

Poor Kinsey!!! Give her lots of hugs Grandma!!

Ya'll are so smart. I learned all that band stuff too. Now it is time to put it back to use....right? lol

I went muddin' yesterday when I ran away....here is a pic! (there was a time I would have nevah posted a pic like this! lol) I HAD A BLAST!!!!!!!!

post-220113-13813138714632_thumb.jpg

I'm home from work at the hospital. Oh my goodness, we were really busy. the hospital was packed and they were still doing a surgery when we left. I had to take some Aleve when I got home. My left leg is killing me.

I'm so glad I can draw strength from you guys. Knowing all that you have been thru teaches me that I can do this also. And I don't just mean the Band and the diet thing. Every day life struggles. Thank You for showing me the way.

I'm home from work at the hospital. Oh my goodness, we were really busy. the hospital was packed and they were still doing a surgery when we left. I had to take some Aleve when I got home. My left leg is killing me.

I'm so glad I can draw strength from you guys. Knowing all that you have been thru teaches me that I can do this also. And I don't just mean the Band and the diet thing. Every day life struggles. Thank You for showing me the way.

Whaddaya mean, showing YOU the way? I was following you, I thought you were the "leader"!!!!

I tried to respond to you on FB tonight, and FB froze on me, had to open a new window, and by then you were gone.......

Well if YOU aren't leading, I'M not either......somebody has to be IT!!!

Morning gals

how are ya'll doing?

Tracy - you are a mess, wish I could have been with ya, I use to get dirty like that all the time, then I turned into such a girl.. blah i suck! I was happier and thinner then

I'm going to drink my coffee and go for a smaller walk today, I need to get the tiles out of the bathroom and be cleaned up and to the school at 4 for a game!

i'll be around

I was like that also. I grew up in a neighborhood full of boys and I had to keep up. It wasn't anything to come home covered in whatever we got into. Than I turned into a girl and would pitch a fit if a speck of anything got on me. I find myself lately turning back into that little girl. Especially when I have the little kids here. So what if I get wet with the hose. I'll dry off. But the expression on their faces and the laughter out of their mouths is so worth it. The lipstick and glitter. My hair filled with clips. Fingernail polish I wouldn't be caught dead in. If it doesn't kill me and the kids are having the time of their lives, who cares. Nothing is more precious than the laughter of a child.

Morning everyone,

I'm up and showered. Getting ready to go take my sis to a Doc appointment and shopping. After I take her home it's time for me and hubby to go over to the church to mow. Thank goodness it's cool out today.

My eating got a little out of hand last night. Junk. But I was still under my calorie count. I just hate wasting calories on crap.

Well, make it a good one.