Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Suziecat

At 54, I have been on so many diets and have done some stupid things to get my weight down. After nothing really working, I love this band.:blink::wub::lol:

My regular doctors are so shocked that this band did what nothing done has ever really worked :unsure:

SO, I tell people I have been to the mountain and back :)

I find that if I laugh about this situation I am in (banded) and leave it in a fun mood... it has been easier for me... friends feel that it has turned into a game for me :):thumbup:

Have a great day :sad::smile2::unsure:

Hi all

hope you have a great day, I'm back from 4 mile walk, made an egg and now heading to the gym for some weights

going to get some paperwork done today I think so I'll be back in a bit.

Tracyk - call me sister!

Ok, I subscribed to this thread the day Tracy started it, because I did not have time to post before work. I talked to her, but only for a short time while she was in LA-------and intended to ask her about it. Went looking for it this morning! LBT must have ate my request, I have received no notifications and had hell finding y'all!!!

I have not read the last several pages---going to try to before work----but wanted to post HEY to all my old (no offense intended!!!!) girls---and say hi to the new ones!! Will post when I read up----but at least now I BETTER receive notices, and be able to find the thread!!!

BTW---for the new ones, I am Kat, live in NM, have been married for years, tho it took a long time and a couple of tries to find the right one!! Have 3 kids and 6 grandkids. I was banded in April of 06--lost to goal, had a set back, and am now working to lose the last of it AGAIN!!! Has been a great experience, would do it again in a second!

BB after reading!! Probably after work Tracy---hope your trip was fun, ours was GREAT!!!!!

Hi Kat... My name is Jen...and i have a new boyfriend...

jk... just being silly... but very happy for the first time in a long time... and happy with me

glad you joined us

Suziecat

At 54, I have been on so many diets and have done some stupid things to get my weight down. After nothing really working, I love this band.:sad::wub::unsure:

My regular doctors are so shocked that this band did what nothing done has ever really worked :)

SO, I tell people I have been to the mountain and back :unsure:

I love that, "been to the mountain and back". I'm gonna use that from now on.

Home from work and thinking about a quick nap. I didn't get a full workout this morning. A new girl came in and I had to train her to do the circuit. So I got about 3/4 of a workout. We have our shift at the hospital this evening.

Welcome Kat, so glad you found us.

I'll check in soon.

Edited by Suziecat

Hi kat I'm cari :). Well I got out of work this am and did 2 miles on the cross ramp! And did some weights today. I love how good it makes me feel

I guess a new start here is what I needed. Listening to all of you, I have gotten a renewed energy. Now you guys have to keep it up. Thank You so much.

Hi. I am very new here. My name is Courtney and I live in NC. I am married and have one daughter. I am 34 years old. I was banded in March but it didnt really work for me until I got the right fill amount in August. I have 8cc's in my 12 cc band. I would LOVE to hear advice from those who have been banded for a while. I have lots of questions and am eager to learn more about others' experiences with it. How do some people gain weight with the band? Can I be relatively certain once it comes off that it wont come back? Losing 100 pounds is literally like a dream to me, I just can not visualize it happening to me. I have not always been heavy but I have been heavy for so long now that it is hard to imagine I could ever get thin again. PLEASE give me some advice as far as what works and maybe what I am not hearing from the doctors office! TIA!!!!:)

I just got back from an unexpected walk. I was sitting here watching tv and heard the sirens and they stopped by real close. Hubby went out the door and said that someone was laying in the street. So I leashed the doggie and off we went. As I was going by they were loading a guy on to a stretcher. So I walked up to the corner and came back. By that time he was gone and the police were talking to a guy from his crew. there was blood in the street so I'm thinking he must have been hit by a car. Poor guy. I hope he will be ok.

But I got my walk in for the day.

I just got back from an unexpected walk. I was sitting here watching tv and heard the sirens and they stopped by real close. Hubby went out the door and said that someone was laying in the street. So I leashed the doggie and off we went. As I was going by they were loading a guy on to a stretcher. So I walked up to the corner and came back. By that time he was gone and the police were talking to a guy from his crew. there was blood in the street so I'm thinking he must have been hit by a car. Poor guy. I hope he will be ok.

But I got my walk in for the day.

wow, I hope he is ok too, but at least you got your walk in:lol:

Hi courtney I'm cari glad you're joining us. I can't answer your qs bc I've only been banded 4 months.

Hi. I am very new here. My name is Courtney and I live in NC. I am married and have one daughter. I am 34 years old. I was banded in March but it didnt really work for me until I got the right fill amount in August. I have 8cc's in my 12 cc band. I would LOVE to hear advice from those who have been banded for a while. I have lots of questions and am eager to learn more about others' experiences with it. How do some people gain weight with the band? Can I be relatively certain once it comes off that it wont come back? Losing 100 pounds is literally like a dream to me, I just can not visualize it happening to me. I have not always been heavy but I have been heavy for so long now that it is hard to imagine I could ever get thin again. PLEASE give me some advice as far as what works and maybe what I am not hearing from the doctors office! TIA!!!!:tt1:

Hi Courtney, nice to meet you. I am 38 and have been heavy my entire life but after my son when I was 34, I gained 75lbs from stress and life. So in a nut shell here is what I learned over the past 2 + years

1. The band is a tool and you have to work with it not against it.

2. There is a reason I was overweight, why is that? and why was I using food as a drug?

3. What do I do when life's stress hits me hard?

4. Alcohol is definately very bad for weight loss!

5. If the band is too tight, the only food that seems to do into me is bad fried food, wings, chicken tenders, onion chips, and nacho's from the pub, even in small quanity, are not foods that will help you lose weight.

6. Exercise is important

7. Water is important

So saying what I've learned in the last 3 months with my reality check on why I'm not loosing...

1. I am working with my band, taking very tiny bites and taking 20 minutes to eat.

2. I don't eat when I'm stressed but what I do eat is horribly bad so my body does not work properly, you can't eat 1000 calories all at one meal!

3. When I was dealing with stuff before I would crawl into bed, now when I get stressed I put my sneakers on and walk, and think, and walk some more.

4. I still drink... but once a week and I don't drink anything that will make me want to eat, no high carb drinks and nothing with heavy high cal juice. I mix with Crystal light.

5. Band adjustment and it is working, back to very small amounts of food and focusing on Protein.

6 & 7. I now have the time so I am exercising excessively and I make sure to drink a ton of Water.< /p>

So I know this is long, sorry, it is what I have personally learned, but most of all - I learned there are reasons for my choices and what I have been working very hard on is getting the answers and choosing to make the right choices and not the ones that would make me happy... and trust me, not everything I have had to change has been easy or easy choices, but they are the right ones... and my life is changed for good!

I wish you the best of luck and it is so nice to have you here. Ask away!!!!

I'm homeless too. I was banded Nov' 08 and have only lost 20 pounds. I've been doing what's right and have been filled to capacity. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babs

Jennifur- thanks so much for the advice. This whole process is scary at times. I'm scared that I am sacrificing for nothing... in other words, this better work for me! Its scary to think "what if I dont get to goal and now everyone knows I have taken this drastic step to get there", embarrassing! I think I put pressure on myself that way.

Babs - welcome

Courtney - take the pressure off, I was doing myself in with pressure I put on myself. My dr told me I would be at 210 when I got to stats goals. I was there for almost a year, now I'm kicking butt for me and it did take a lot of changes and soul searching, but you can do it.

Personally, I think it is as much as the why and changes as it is the band. I am 12 lbs away from the goal I set for myself when I was banded, and then I'm going to add another 25 on to that when I get there, because I'm at a point when I know I can do it and it is all about me.

I also found a very nice guy who was there the entire time, my eyes were just closed to what I knew, change in my life opened the door for happiness for me. who knows where this will end up, but I would have never let anyone in without the life changes. Ask Suzie, Tracy and Kat what a mess I was, even a month ago! I'm never going back where I was... and that is my choice