Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

does anyone know how long before they do the band i go to the doc on nov9.i heard he gives you a diet to fellow. is that true . what comes after that

does anyone know how long before they do the band i go to the doc on nov9.i heard he gives you a diet to fellow. is that true . what comes after that

Tweety, doctors differ as to the pre-op diet. Mine did not require one for me. Some insurnces have diff rules too. My surgery was a week after my first band consultation. Hopefully yours is quick too! Keep us posted!

Hi friends...quiet here today!

COME BACK FRIENDS!!!!!! :thumbup:

Suz-get well soon girlie!

Jen-My doc visit was eye opening...gained 10 pounds since I was there a month ago. :smile2:

Everyone...I am not going to post about my weight gain anymore....I will only report losses from now on. So, If you see me really quiet for a long period of time...kick my butt :lol:

Michelle...Cari...Irene...Cindy...Kat...Laura...Shalee...and other friends .... HI THERE!!!

thanks tracy, some people are tell me what is going to be my last treat i told them nothing . lol i have been trying to lose some pounds before i go see my doc. thanks so much i will keep you posted.

Tracy... HELLO!!:lol: I agree, Celebrate your successes and don't dwell on anything else. It is counterproductive.

Hi all.....

One more day behind me!!! Work was usual, not fun, but wierd, I like the work, I would like the job with a different attitude of the Office Manager. She can be nice, I have seen it! She can also be a witch! She set me up today, and that pissed me off! She sent me away from the job I was doing, to do one she did not want to do, and then did not do my original job, and the Dr., come to me to find out why the job wasn't done, and she sat there zip lipped! I told him, I didn't know why it wasn't done, she did that patient, then I went and did it.....grrrrrrr

Tweety, I had 2 weeks worth of low fat, high Protein diet to follow prior to surgery. I was supposed to lose as much weight as possible, to reduce the fat on the outside of the liver.

BB after dinner!!

Speaking of celebrating successes...has anyone else become freakishly obsessed with their shoulders or collarbones? It had been so long since they were really visible, that I can't stop touching them. It is really WEIRD!!!!:lol:

Hi all.....

One more day behind me!!! Work was usual, not fun, but wierd, I like the work, I would like the job with a different attitude of the Office Manager. She can be nice, I have seen it! She can also be a witch! She set me up today, and that pissed me off! She sent me away from the job I was doing, to do one she did not want to do, and then did not do my original job, and the Dr., come to me to find out why the job wasn't done, and she sat there zip lipped! I told him, I didn't know why it wasn't done, she did that patient, then I went and did it.....grrrrrrr

Tweety, I had 2 weeks worth of low fat, high Protein diet to follow prior to surgery. I was supposed to lose as much weight as possible, to reduce the fat on the outside of the liver.

BB after dinner!!

Well, it doesn't sound like she needs a costume for Halloween...just buy her a BROOM! I can't STAND people like that.:lol:

Hi Tracey,

This band is so finicky one minute I'm complaining about not being able to eat and the next I'm just pigging out and can't control myself. Now it's been along time since I've had this problem, but tonight I can't stop eating!!! Now I'm sure you all can understand when I say I'm overeating my portions are a little off in my mind, it's alot compared to what I've been eating but it's not regular size portions. I ate half an ice cream sandwich (homemade, yummy). half a bologna mustard sandwich (top bread taken off) some doritos and two small pickles and now I'm munching on almonds. Now before i got my last fill when I was at this same fill this use to happen to me right before I started my monthly. I would be able to eat whatever I wanted for a day or two then my band would suddenly close up for about a week while I was on my period. Does this happen to anyone else??? Maybe that's what's going on with me. Oh yea I forgot to say I've been able to drink lots of Water also. I'll be able to see in a few days. Hope everyone is doing well, I enjoy reading everyones post. Good Night!!!!

I'm alive, barely. But alive. I'll spare you all the nasty details but suffice it to say that the worst is still to come out of me. I did manage to eat about 3/4 cup of chicken noodle Soup last night and it tasted good.

I tried to get someone to cover my shift this morning, but nope. So I have to go in. At least it's only for 2 hours. When I get home I'm gonna strip the bed and get my room all cleaned up. Maybe let hubby back in bed with me. lol.

Tweety, I had been on Weight Watchers going into my surgery and had lost a lot of weight. Enough that my Doctor did not require a pre-op diet for me. Good Luck and keep us posted.

I am continually rubbing my collar bones. It's so foreign to me. And now I'm discovering hip bones. It's so weird and I love it.

Have a good day and I'll check in soon.

Thanks for all the well wishes, I appreciated all of them.

Hi Tracey,

This band is so finicky one minute I'm complaining about not being able to eat and the next I'm just pigging out and can't control myself. Now it's been along time since I've had this problem, but tonight I can't stop eating!!! Now I'm sure you all can understand when I say I'm overeating my portions are a little off in my mind, it's alot compared to what I've been eating but it's not regular size portions. I ate half an ice cream sandwich (homemade, yummy). half a bologna mustard sandwich (top bread taken off) some doritos and two small pickles and now I'm munching on almonds. Now before i got my last fill when I was at this same fill this use to happen to me right before I started my monthly. I would be able to eat whatever I wanted for a day or two then my band would suddenly close up for about a week while I was on my period. Does this happen to anyone else??? Maybe that's what's going on with me. Oh yea I forgot to say I've been able to drink lots of Water also. I'll be able to see in a few days. Hope everyone is doing well, I enjoy reading everyones post. Good Night!!!!

I have seen quite a few posts from bandsters about tightening of the band during their cycle. It seems to vary from one person to the next, just like some people's band getting tight from stress.

Hi friends...quiet here today!

COME BACK FRIENDS!!!!!! :thumbup: I'm here, exhausted the last couple days

Suz-get well soon girlie!

Jen-My doc visit was eye opening...gained 10 pounds since I was there a month ago. :laugh: Last visit with that DR? You have been doing better, so don't go by that!

Everyone...I am not going to post about my weight gain anymore....I will only report losses from now on. So, If you see me really quiet for a long period of time...kick my butt :lol:

Michelle...Cari...Irene...Cindy...Kat...Laura...Shalee...and other friends .... HI THERE!!!

When are you going to make that appointment for your fill? I need one myself!
Speaking of celebrating successes...has anyone else become freakishly obsessed with their shoulders or collarbones? It had been so long since they were really visible, that I can't stop touching them. It is really WEIRD!!!!:smile2:
Me.. Me... Me... I've noticed the last month I have shoulder bones and i've never had them, a friend told me I look drawn. I don't think so! :w00t:
I'm alive, barely. But alive. I'll spare you all the nasty details but suffice it to say that the worst is still to come out of me. I did manage to eat about 3/4 cup of chicken noodle Soup last night and it tasted good.

I tried to get someone to cover my shift this morning, but nope. Suzanne, don't these people watch the news! No wonder why people are getting the flu! You need to get better, because who is going to cover when they all get sick?So I have to go in. At least it's only for 2 hours. When I get home I'm gonna strip the bed and get my room all cleaned up. Maybe let hubby back in bed with me. lol.

Tweety, I had been on Weight Watchers going into my surgery and had lost a lot of weight. Enough that my Doctor did not require a pre-op diet for me. Good Luck and keep us posted.

I am continually rubbing my collar bones. It's so foreign to me. And now I'm discovering hip bones. It's so weird and I love it.

Have a good day and I'll check in soon.

Thanks for all the well wishes, I appreciated all of them.

Feel better and Take care of you!

Twetty - I had a bunch of clearances I had to do, and they went quick, I was not in a mentally stable place for surgery so I lost my 10% quickly (mostly Water and bloat. lol) required by insurance and my Dr, That was in October, and then my boyfriend got in a horrible Motorcycle accident and I was not in a place to take care of me, infact I fell apart, so waited until April for surgery. So it should go as quickly as you want it to... LOL

Find out if you need any medical clearances and start scheduling the appointments now to make sure they don't hold you up!

Well, I'm up and going, going to take care of some more business this morning and then head over to the gym for a quick workout. Nothing much going on, other than i need to either get more support (just took a $250 a month cut and it is killing me) or get a job now! I so want to wait until Feb so i can get more certs but I need to do something. I guess I'll get a better idea next week of what is going to happen when I go to court.

I'm off...see ya all when I get back

thanks tracy, some people are tell me what is going to be my last treat i told them nothing . lol i have been trying to lose some pounds before i go see my doc. thanks so much i will keep you posted.

Tweety, you are very welcome. I agree not to indulge before the surgery. I wish I would not have! lol Keep posting on this site too, there is alot of encouragement here and we all understand.

Tracy... HELLO!!:hurray: I agree, Celebrate your successes and don't dwell on anything else. It is counterproductive.

Hi Cindy!! I agree....well said! If I say anything else negative, slap me :laugh:

She set me up today, and that pissed me off! She sent me away from the job I was doing, to do one she did not want to do, and then did not do my original job, and the Dr., come to me to find out why the job wasn't done, and she sat there zip lipped! I told him, I didn't know why it wasn't done, she did that patient, then I went and did it.....grrrrrrr

Ugh, what a nasty woman! Turn about is fair play....wanna get fired, tell her off!! lol

Speaking of celebrating successes...has anyone else become freakishly obsessed with their shoulders or collarbones? It had been so long since they were really visible, that I can't stop touching them. It is really WEIRD!!!!:smile2:

LOL, I was obsessed with my hip bones...I let everyone feel them! I would lay in bed at night and feel them before I fell asleep. A not so good obsession was my turkey gaggle of a neck I had. That is why this time, I am not going to lose enough this time to have it because it looks horrible! And if I do, I am having a surgery to get rid of it! lol

Hi Tracey,

My band is like that. I would rather it be that way than to be too tight and not be able to eat anything, ya know? When I am stressed or on tom my band was tighter too.

Drinking lots of water is a good thing, just not while you're eating :wink2:

I'm alive, barely. But alive. I'll spare you all the nasty details but suffice it to say that the worst is still to come out of me.

Hi there! So good to know you are up and around! Hope you start feeling better & better :thumbup:

When are you going to make that appointment for your fill? I need one myself!

I am gonna call and make an appt for the end of this month. The 10 pounds I gained was from the past month. I went to the dr for my follow up for my med he gave me (Celexa) and the nurse made me re-weigh...she thought she did it wrong the first time. lol

Everyone...guess what?! I am about to go to the gym! YES, you read it correctly! GO ME! I am going to do this eat right & exercise thing with NO fill in my band until I can go in and get my fill at the end of this month. I am going to do this because I refuse to gain one more pound before my fill. I will not allow such foolishness. My band is a tool that LOADS of people wish they had. Time to make it do what I have made it do before. :w00t: Looking back when I was so stressed out and went for the unfill, I wish I would have left enough in there to at least keep me honest, but I can't go back and change it, so I will just pick myself up, dust myself off and carry on. It is a brand new journey...starting today. On my mark, get set, GO! :bolt:

Have a great day everyone. I will be back after my gym time :lol:

Edited by TracyK

Well off I go to hump day! Hope it passes quickly, and without drama......not counting on it, just hoping!!!

We have another 9:30 game tonight, this week is gonna kill me!!

I agree Suzanne, there is no excuse in the world for you to be working while this sick, and it would be a cold day in HELL before I covered a single shift for anyone that would not cover for me. Not for ANY reason! I have finally been giving back what has been being given to me! I do not go out of my way to be a witch, like my boss, but I am not going to sit still and be used, and abused by her either---and if they choose not to employ me anymore, then their loss--I do my job well, I just don't do well with HER!

Yesterday it was high 50's and rainy. Well she is menopausing, and had the AC on, the other 3 of us were freezing, patients were complaining, and she kept turning it back on. Grrrrrr

Gotta run!

Hi Tracey!!!! (((hugs))) mama! I seen your weigh-in. L But hey, it can turn around for you! Have you ever considered WW? I started a few months ago when I noticed for a brief second that I was back into the 260’s. This was such a heart wrenching thing for me because I had gotten back down to 227 (for a split second too… lol). I SWORE to all that is right in the world I’d never see that number again! Alas, I did. Well I knew I had to do something.

I was way too tight and having a hard time eating, so I went to my surgeon, owned up to the massive gain. I got an earful believe me, but he said I was eating too much sugar because I was too tight. He let some air out (lol) and I decided to join WW. This girl at my job was being really successful on it. I figured I could do it too since on the band we are pretty much allowed to eat what we want. Of course it fit right in with the promotion of healthy eating.

I lost back down to 247. But, I started getting super tight again and deflected back to the sugars. That leads me to today. My surgeon took out 1cc. He also told me no way on the gastric bypass. I felt upset but he really gave me a good pep talk. He told me he believed in me and he thinks I made the right choice with the band. He knows I can do it, as he’s seen me do it! He said we’re gonna start over from that day. He put me back on logging my food. Well, I already have WW online so that was that. He also put me on band-restriction! I’m now required to see his nutritionist (with my first appt being tomorrow already) and to keep regular appointments and weigh in with her. Yay! I know that will help greatly.

He said I can do it, but I can’t do it alone. That’s what they’re there for! They are all in one a great big tool for me to use to get to my goal.

What I’m trying to say here is Tracey, you CAN do it. Use all the tools you have available to you. Some of us just need more tools than just our bands. Our bands will only help with Portion Control and appetite suppression for longer periods IF we’re eating healthy. That’s all!

I care about you and I believe in you too. I also know 110% what you’re going through because I’ve been there. I’m still there! It’s just taking me a long time to figure this thing out, but I’m going to! I promise. J

I’m here for you anytime! You know where to find me.