Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

I won't tell you what I was doing all last night, oh my goodness.. drama drama drama.

I watch Parenthood, I love that show too!

Pam I texted you but haven't heard an answer, so in case you get here first... We got your comp, it's all fine... we need your password to login to the comp.

I actually had to call a local college to ask if this 100 year old man really worked there. I think I'm even more disappointed that he DOES work there-- in communications!!

This guy has come by twice, and called me every friggin day, acts like he's never talked to me before, asks me for something we DON'T DO, I explain to him every single day what we do. Then he does it again the next day.

He is not coherent, he belongs in a nursing home. I can't believe he actually WORKS at the university.

Thanks so much Laura! I texted you the password. So appreciated.

Thank goodness I have a guest speaker today for 3rd period...I am actually exhausted.

Judy, I am sorry about the trip. It sounds like you need trip insurance for your husbands line of work. Hopefully you can make it up some other time. I understand your wanting to stay home with your husband . . . I would be the same way because it just isn't the same without your DH.

Haydee, the pictures are wonderful.

Ayla started doing a really big cheesy grin where she lifts her head, squints her eyes and smiles sooo big and silly that everyone can't help but laugh when they see it. It is soo cute. I keep trying to catch it on film, but I can't hardly get her to look at me when I have a camera unless it is to try and take the camera off my hands, lol.

The weather has been so beautiful here, it is hard to believe it already feels like summer. Everyone have a great day!!!

Good evening, Violets..

What a great day in spite of not being able to go on the trip. The owners of the bed and Breakfast we have stayed at for the last 5 years were very kind and didn't charge us any cancellation fee. The new bed and breakfast we were going to in Niagra on the Lake is charging us full price for two nights.. sigh...unless they can book the room for those two nights, but it's certainly late notice, so I'm guessing we'll have to eat that money. I sent the tickets along with the other two couples to see if they could do anything with them for us. I'm doubting that too. BUT, it was a great day with Ethan. We mulched the front yard flower beds. I have 1/2 of one bed left to go and then we'll be done with that chore. Bob planted a couple of plants for me and we are going to Home Depot tonight to look at hanging plants and a new bench for my little park in front.

Ethan and I got an hour in the pool today. It's so nice and warm. The only thing was the seeds from the trees that are dropping now. I must have netted a gazillion of them out of the pool. I got my exercising in and then lounged for a half hour. He's playing Wii right now while we wait for his mom to pick him up. She gets out of work at 6:30.

Everyone have a good evening. Will check in before heading to bed.

Got some beautiful hanging plants and a couple of bushes for Bob to plant tomorrow. I'm going to Kris's to plant a veggie garden there. She has a fenced in area so the deer and other critters don't get into it to eat everything up before we do.

Heading to bed to read and then get some zzzzzzs. sleep well, everyone!

Michelle, how are you feeling????????

Laura, I hope the drama is not too bad...........

Haydee what is the name of your resort you stayed at! It really looked nice. I was telling one of my clients about it today, and how you said they treated you like you were their only newlyweds! I also told her about the rose petals on the table at the french restaurant. She is interested.

Judy, I was thinking, if somebody bought Bob 65 candy bars and they came in packs of 8, you would have to buy an extra package just for one!!!!!! I could sing Evita for you and Bob if you want, I love that music, plus I love "Too darn hot" and that one song with Padua in it??? Just let me know....

Pamela, still waiting on your pictures from the wedding!

Hey Violets~

Jane, my puter just got to Russ yesterday. Once I get it back from Alabama, I'll load my pix. The old one I am using this week is not my pic puter, and I wanna keep 'em together. Can't wait to see them myself!

Well, today I play principal. UUGGG! It is a long day...they work their butts off. Then it is Sex and the City at 3:20 (already bought tix).

We had a great night last night. Soooo relaxing! Made bbq chix, steamed zuccinis, spinach ravioli, green salad. We sat outside, listened to zen music, and chillaxed!

I will try to pop on later. Everyone have a great day!

oxoxxoxoxo

Good morning, Violets..

Had a rough night last night. Soooo much pain in my knee from mulching and running in the pool. I finally broke down and got up at 3:30 to take not one, but two pain pills. They finally started working at 4:00 and I got to sleep until 8:00. My appointment with the doc is Tuesday. Can't wait to see what he thinks is the next step.

Got some pretty neat news in email this morning. Our flute group is playing June 13th at a concert called Flutes and Friends. This is the second annual concert and the first one was amazing with flutes, singing, and other instrumental groups. One of my favorite songs is Hallelujah (I never knew it was from Shrek). I was asked if I would sing it for the concert. Can't wait!!!

We're headed to an opening of a new book store in town and then I'm headed to Kris's to plant some veggies. Will be back this afternoon for some pool time before I babysit Grady while Kris goes to Zumba.

I got some new WW breakfast foods. It's nice to have choices.

Everyone have a great day. Be good to yourselves!!

65 candy bars??? Are you trying to tell me something, Janie?? Maybe a surprise will arrive today. I'll let you know. :rolleyes:

Wah I'm still not feeling well... not bad enough to curl up in bed all day, which is what I'd like to do... but cruddy enough to make me cranky. My ears are stopped up and the right one won't pop and has been driving me crazy since last night! And my neck feels all swollen & sore. Wah.

We had spectacular thunderstorms last night... lots of lightening and rolling thunder... dd crawled into bed w/us... ds didn't hear a thing!

Loads of errands to do today and I'm moving so slllooowwwlllyyy...

Everyone have a great day!

I am ready for a good thunderstorm here. For me, I just love them for some odd reason (unless I have plans, lol). A big storm with lots of thunder and lightening (but I'll take a pass on any flooding, tornado, etc.) while I am at home with a good book is really enjoyable to me.

I remember when I was a small girl out in the country, when we had a big rain storm (without thunder and lightening of course) my brothers and I would put on shorts/swimsuits and run around and play in the rain. It sounds kind of hokey now but we loved that as kids. Did any of you do that as well?

Michelle, I hope you feel better soon.

Judy, I am sorry about your knee. I thought you got a cortizone shot not too long ago if I remember correctly, are you due for another?

Laura, don't you know if you say there is drama, drama, drama but you aren't going to say anything it makes some of us uber-curious, lol. Hopefully everything is working itself out for the good.

Haydee, you and Juan were together for a long time before the wedding. Do you feel like a different person now that you have tied the knot?

Janie, I am thinking about having all of my hair cut short but I am scared to death to do it. I am just tired of the same old, same old. Also my naturally curly hair had very nice ringlets before I got pregnant and was so sick last summer. Now it is just kind of blahh with less curl definition and is definitely thinner and more and more gray is popping up. I honestly think that pregnancy + illness = deterioration of hair texture and quality. I wish you were closer so I could get a little advice on what to do.

Hello to everyone else!!!

Heather, your hair seems pretty long to me, I bet once you cut off some of the length the curl will pop back in. Grey makes your hair have a different texture, some people like it intermixed though their hair because it gives them a little more texture, some hate it, because the hair is wiry and just sticks up. I think you should get it cut to your shoulders or a little above with some layers for a little variety and then you can always go shorter, this will get you started.

Just looked at the clock! Oh my gosh!!

Work!!!!!

Back again... I think the pain pills did something to me. I'm feeling kinda woozy this morning. I called Kris and said I wasn't coming out till tomorrow. Don't want to drive 40 minutes feeling like this and then work in a garden. We're going to the book store and then I think I'm going to lay down and try to shake this thing. Maybe I should have stuck with one pill even though it said to take one or two.

Heather... yep.. I had a cortisone shot and he sent me to the orthopedic surgeon for an evaluation after the shot wore off in a couple of days. Usually it lasts longer than that. The evaluation is the appt. on Tuesday.

Janie!!! Bob got his package in the mail today. There are going to be a LOT of 3 Musketeer bars in the fridge. :rolleyes::biggrin: He's thrilled! That was such a cute idea. He'll send you a thank you in Facebook..

Off to the book store and then I think to bed for a little while.

Heather- I did that too, I love storms.. I even love tornadoes and flooding. Just not if I have to DRIVE.

Pam- Russ said we were right about whatever the thing is you paid for, it infected important Windows files and just fubar'd your computer. He's getting it in shape though! He said he's surprised they have such nasty viruses for Windows 7 already.

Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis??

Spent the whole afternoon in bed. I took a motion sickness pill and I just had the drive heaves for a bit then slept for 3 hours. I never made it to the book store. After the nap I got up and am feeling fine. Got the mulch 100% done in the front yard. Bob wants some more in his little area in the back yard and then no more mulching this season.

Off to watch Grady and then go to Kris's house for dinner.< /span>