Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

Percoset, MMMMMMMMMM NICE percoset, NIIIIIIIIICE.

Sleepy, Sleepy, Eileen. So glad that all is well and you are tucked into your home with the appropriate narcotics.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

We will be here to hold your hand.

((HUGS))

Dang, Cindy - that chapter must have been lost in space.

I have sent it to your work and I will try sending it to your home, too.

:]

Hurray! Hurray! I am so happy to see your happy little face and signature here tonight! I am proud of you and praying for your comfort and rest, and healing! You are now a "lapdancer" as my funny DH calls all of us, no offense. I think it's funny, too!

Beanie, I'll look for that chapter. If it doesn't make it, I'll PM you the addresses again, maybe I wrote them down incorrectly?

Glad to hear that the NJ storm wasn't much of a problem, if any. I guess we like toa dd a little drama to weather freport now and then...a simply beautiful day down here! High of 69, blue skies and sunny.

I don't know about ya'll but I just feel 100% more at east knowing Eileen is safe and sound and on drugs, er, um, proper medication. Good night, everybody! Hugs, Cindy

I don't know about ya'll but I just feel 100% more at east knowing Eileen is safe and sound and on drugs

I feel a great sense of relief also.

(That's in addition to feeling 100% East) lol, Just kidding Mouse

Good Morning,

Thanks my little friends :)

What a day for Aunt Flo to visit. No wonder I'm in more pain then normal...OY!!! I woke up this morning and she was so kind to visit. At first I got freaked out thinking OMG I'm hemoraging AAAAAAAAAAH.... okay calm down...... oh, oh yeah.... thats what it is. DANG !!! lolol. Well at least i have percocet to help with that too.

Ira, look at your stats... LORDY BE !!! 166 lbs... WTG !!!

Cindy, lapdancers LOLOL !! I like that one.

Beanie hugs and kisses to you !! I wish you were here to hold my hand :D

Whats going on today? anything fun? I hope I'm feeling better by sunday, I have a birthday party to go to and monday is halloweenie, I wanna take DD trick or treating.

hugs......

Good morning!

I'm on my way out the door, but wanted to check in and see how you (Eileen) were doing this morning. UGH! Not a good thing to happen to you right now with Aunt Flo. Just remember to do a little walking around the house. I think that helped me more than anything else did. If you get any shoulder pain, use a heating pad. It really does get better with each day. Sip some warm tea, treat yourself nice today! Hugs!

Good morning everyone else! Hope y'all have a great day!

I'll check back in later on today when I get home.

Eileen, my DH use to always say, oh, your week to rest, huh. So now you have two reasons to take it easy. It may have been all in my head, but Tums helped my shoulder pain. I didn't have the tummy pain, but the left shoulder made up for it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Ivan, you caught me! I hate it when I write too fast and spell words incorrectly...especially since I'm an English teacher! LOL (WOW! I just re-read my post, and it is a mess! I'm surprised anyone could actually read it! I'll try to slow down.)

Eileen, you'll be okay to Trick or Treat...I was doing pretty much the normal stuff by the time a week went by...hope you are, too!

Today should be the regular stuff...work, teach, counsel, play. Then oild change for the car, and home. Wednesdays really are "hump days." I like Thursday better.

I feel bad because we haven't put out the Halloween decorations, and I don't know when we will have time before Monday.

Is everyone's life crazy busy, or am I bad at time management? Probably a little of both.

How do you guys keep your homes organized? Or, do you? This is stressing me out, lately...

Have a good day, everyone. Hope you continue to feel better, Eileen! Cindy

Howdy, All.

I have had some actual work to do at my office, so I haven't been able to hang out as much as normal. Work is good... It keeps me from going insane. (ok, it keeps me from sliding any further into my constant state of insanity.)

How are you doing, Eileen. Are you going to survive the whole surgery experience? Or are we talking "major trauma" here? Lay down and stay down until you feel better. MORE DRUGS - and the occassional walk to work out some of that pesky gas... That pesky Flo. Always dropping by unanounced and ruining your plans... Did I say MORE DRUGS?

How is everybody else doing?

Cindy - just let me know what you think of my "masterpiece". Give it to me straight. I can take it. I have a day job. :]

Betty - great pictures, you sexy thang! How are you doing?

Ira - Slow down, Hon. You are going to be DONE before I ever get my band!! (lol) Great job!

Lisa, how is that antiquated gadget you call a computer? Are you with us? How's it going?

Hope everybody is doing great.

I'm off to home, finally. It's been so long since I had any work, that I have forgotten how to move in an efficient manner...

Hasta!

I know this should have been posted under the joke of the day thread, but get this:

Today I was told by a major life insurance company that I could not even apply for a policy because of my recent lap-band surgery. Apparently I must wait a full year before they would consider me because (I could die) or regain the weight. They swear they understood that it was not the bypass surgery.

So now that my blood pressure is 110/70, I am off ALL BP, and GERD medications, my high colesterol is gone, and I am 50 pounds lighter than I have been in 20 years, I am just too high a risk to insure.

Good Morning Y'all!

Eileen - How you feeling today? I couldn't have went shopping after my surgery either! I actually slept in my recliner for a few days, it was easier than getting up and down from a bed. Hang in there, you'll be up and at it before you know it! :):)

Rene - I am like you, I would rather keep busy than sit around and look for something to do, it makes my day go so much faster. Thanks on the pictures! :):D:D

Cindy - Hey girl, I hate to think about the way I type things sometimes. I really have to watch it when I am working, I have learned to shortcut sentences/words so much on the computer that now I have trouble when I am actually typing a letter or composing one! Bad, Bad habits!

Ira - You know that really sucks big time. They always have an excuse don't they? Sometimes I wonder if it isn't just better not to tell them till later. They want you to tell them the truth, then punish you because you did! By the way, you are doing great with your band! :D:D:D

Pat - I would love to see some pictures of your bike! Post some please!

Lisa - Good morning! How's that computer doing?

It is going to be a beautiful day here today, I think I will get out and enjoy a little bit of it!

Later!

Good Morning Everyone :)

Betty thats exactly what I am doing, sleeping in my recliner, it is much much easier. My DD who's 4 sleeps on the couch next to me while I'm in the recliner, she refuses to be alone. Last night the gas was very painful, I didn't have liquid gas-x, I had the chewable ones, so I ate one very very slow until each piece disolved in my mouth. I still can't eat anything. Maybe 1/4 of those little cups of Jello. I'm sipping on juices and Water. My tummy is growling, some of the pain I'm having IS because I'm hungry.

But most of it is just b/c of the operation.

Beanie, hope your day is busy again. It IS a good thing LOL !!!

Ira, sorry about the insurance company, its a shame that they are making you wait.

Cindy, just stick one thing outside and forget about decorating this year. There have been years where I just don't have time either. There's always next year :)

Have a great day !!!

burp!

Good morning, gang!

Eileen, boy, do I remember barely being able to eat anything...I could not even eat a small applesauce container of anything for a few days (at one time). I releid on the Protein Drinks, and could only drink about 4 oz at a time, just like a baby. slowly, it changes, and you can get back to normal. Isn't it weird that it seems like you never will, then one day you are typing to your lapband friends, and remembering it like it was a long time ago? Weird! You are so right, I'll just pass up the Halloween decorations and go right to the pumpkin/harvest theme!

Ira...I just love irony, don't you? Wouldn't you like to find the right person at the insurance company to explain it to? Would they be able to see it, too?

Beanie, I just emailed you to say I was very impressed with your first chapter! People, we've got a blooming writer on our hands, here. We won't be competing with each other, either, since I am more of a non-fiction writer, essayist or whatever, and she is creating characters, and a cool heroine, at that!

Pat, love the bike! DH dearly wants one, but I've kept my foot down about it...but who knows, maybe someday?

Everyone hang in there...only one day until Friday!

Eileen, just wanted to warn you on about the 3rd of 4th day, you're gonna start asking yourself what have I done! I started having the most horrible head hunger, I thought of food I wanted to eat that I hadn't eaten in years. Every commercial was about food, my every thought was about food. Then I reminded myself that this was temporary and with the exception of a few things I would be able to have most of those things again, just in moderation. IT PASSES

Second week of liquids, I stood over the sink, chewed and spit, LOL. Also, I ate hard candy, and sucked on it until it was disolved. You're doing great.

Beanie, about that Harley, tell your DH he has to take the motorcycle class before he can get one. My DH and two sons have been riding motorcycles for ever, so it comes second nature to them. I have to plan my every move, I'm not a diehard biker.

In case yall missed my other thread, I'm just back from the dentist, had a wisdom tooth and the tooth beside it pulled. I'm sitting here with an ice pack on my jaw. She had to cut the wisdom tooth out, so now I have stitches to deal with too. But on the good side, I showed up and gotter done. I'm such a wussss. Oh yeah, they told me I could have Jello to eat, NOT me, give me ice cream, I'm healing, LOL.

Ahhhhh Pat. Nothing feels better than BEING DONE with your dental appointment. Hope your stiches heal up quick!!

Ira, all I can say is, try a different company... But you may get the same response from all of them. For an insurer, CHANGE IS BAD - no matter that the change is good for you. It's a crazy world we live in...

Eileenie - I think this is the one time when you ARE allowed to drink high-calorie liquids - cause you can't get enough in to do more than keep you from starvation...

Thank you, Cindy. I will keep on writing the story. It will be interesting to see where it leads... Maybe someday, we can meet up at a book signing... :]

Well, folks, another day in the salt mines... passing ever so slowly. Must be time to hang some cobwebs, or write another chapter...

:]