Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Hi Eileen, Just wanted to see how you were doing? Been thinking about you but I have been pretty sore myself so haven't been on computer lately to post.

Hope you are feeling good. Take care..

jolynn

Hi Everyone,

I'M BACK !!!! I feel so much better today (ooops, I better not say that to loud LOL), I'm sore, I get tired but NOTHING like the past few days. THANK YOU GOD !!!

Pat, the hunger pains SUCK, it feels like my innards are in a twist... I mean DANG, I'm hungry. I would love to have some butternut squash w/a little salt or some mashed taters or eggs. Guess I'll have to wait LOL. Hope your feeling better, OUCHIES on the tooth. Got drugs for that? I'll throw you a percocet if you want? :) jk

Beanie babe, ITS FRIDAY !!! watcha doing this weekend? got any more plants to plant? How's work today?

Jolynn, how nice of you to check in on me. How are you feeling? I'm doing alot better. Still can't move around of course like I'd like to but you can feel it will come fast. TV is driving me nuts LOL. I haven't been on the pc alot either, to draining lol.

Cindy, how are you a week after the big party weekend? got any exciting plans for this weekend?

Betty, where are you? How are things? PC still poohing out on you.

Ira & Lisa, come play !! whats happening with you both?

I got up this morning about 5:30, woke DD up at 7, got her ready for school and drove her there...she was so excited that mom was able to take her, usually its my sister b/c I work full time. It felt good to drive. No one said I couldn't drive so I did. I mean if I felt like whoozie b/c of the drugs I wouldn't but I haven't had a pain killer since Wednesday night :D :D :D neener neeener neeeeeeener.

I WANT food !!!!! snort ~

Hey I figured by Thanksgiving, I'll be on semi-solids YIPEEEE pumpkin pie here I come... okay just a bit.

Dang hunger pains makes my toes curl up !! OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Good Afternoon!

I have just been busy today!

Eileen - glad to hear you are feeling better! My doctor said no driving for 10 days, although I drove earlier than that! If it didn't bother you that's good. Just be careful, don't rip any stitches! :) Did they start you on Protein Drinks? They had me do them along with juice, broth, popcicles, coffee, tea, and Water. I think the Protein drinks and popcicles helped me more than anything.

It is a beautiful day here today, I went for a long walk after I got my work done.

Where is everyone else today? Hello to y'all!

I guess those good pain killers gave me energy, I've been diddling around the house, waiting on new furniture to arrive, of course got here at 4:30, my stuff was the last delivery, but of course they couldn't tell me my stuff was all the way in the front of the truck and it would be late afternoon when they got here with it, errr.

Anyway, I made use of my time and had a couple of my workers come over and get the old furniture out and hang a couple of mirrors for me. Patched some nail holes where I moved pictures around and then attempted to touch up the paint.

Eileen, it will pass, I promise. It's just knowing you can't have it that makes you want it so bad. Eat all the popcicles you want, suck on some hard s/f candy, although it s/f hard candy gives me terrible gas pains. Try wonton and egg drop Soup that really helps fill you up.

Staying busy helps too. I remember I would go to the pantry or fridge and see things I didn't even like that looked good.

Good Morning Everyone :D

Watcha all got planned for this weekend? anything good, exciting...naughty :)

I feel pretty good today.... HUNGRY though...growl :D

Today DD has a halloween party to go to, tomorrow is church and a birthday party. Inbetween is cleaning and cooking (uuuh) for the family lol. Since its hard to bend, I won't be cleaning like I'd like to but the clutter is driving me mad.

Betty, no Protein Drink for 2 weeks. Just Clear Liquids for the first two weeks. Maybe next week (Friday) when I see the surgeon he'll let me slip in a drink a day, that would be most appreciated lol. Today the bandages come off...well at least thats what they told me to do. I really don't wanna see the incisions, ick but I have to get the bandages off.

Pat, what new furniture did you get? You know my first "new" piece of furniture I got I was 36 years old LOLOL. I really could use a big old comfy chair for my living room, like one thats HUGE and you can sink into. We bought lazyboy couch and rocker/recliner about 4 years ago that we are very unhappy with. They are NOT comfy. DH sits on the floor and watches TV but we feel bad b/c we spent all that money and we can't afford new right now.

Where is everyone this lovely day?

Beanie, whats shakin sister in crime?

Ira, Lisa, Ray, Jolynn, Cindy and the rest of this nutty group.... Wazzzzzzzzzup?

We went to ZOO BOO at Van Saun Park last night. The haunted train ride was great but Zach was freaked out, he was much too young for that. The lines were crazy, people were waiting 2 hours to go trick or treating in the zoo area.. it was a zoo.

Zach is going to the halloween parade in town today and the fire department is doing some type of fire prevention demo, so I'm sure he will be more focused on climbing on the fire trucks than the parade. Unfortunatley I have to work today and tomorrow so I am missing the fun.

Hi Y'all!

I have company in from Portland, Oregon. My good friend Cathy is here, so I won't be around much til Monday.

Eileenie!! They have some "clear" Protein drinks at GNC. Go there, get some, or you will be having some SEVERE problems... Malnutrition is a bad thing.

I called yesterday and started to "buck the system"... I convinced Dr. Fox's scheduling chick to let me start the consultation/Pre-op thing prior to actually hearing from Blue Cross. I actually have my first consultation with the doc scheduled for BEFORE the insurance company has to give me an answer. I am thinking positive and just realizing that I may have "wasted some co-pay" if I have to fight on my appeal. The 2nd appointment is for the day after the deadline for the insurance company to respond. I can cancel that one if need be.

I am basically assuming that Blue Cross will NOT be stupid enough to deny me a second time... Talk about OPTIMISM!!

Anyway, I have to run... Cathy is outside having a smoke, and she and Rusty are comparing Punk Rock music favorites... I guess it's only a little odd that my best friend and my husband have more in common with each other than with me... I mean, I love them both, right??

I hope everybody is having a GREAT weekend. I know I will.

:]

Hi, all!

Eileen, I'm glad to hear you have been driving and are up and around...it just gets better and better, and then you'll forget you ever had it! Except for the Brake aspect when you try to eat too much! My favorite part of bandland is the Brake!

We just got back from Haven's school pumpkin Festival...carnival games, crafts and food...I had some nachos. I bought a Bracelet from one of the craft vendors...cute heart shaped links with marcasite. Now, it's the not-fun stuff like laundry and ironing! Yuck.

Beautiful day, with some wind...nice day to be outside.

Tomorrow Haven sings with the choir during 1st service, then my sister is taking her to Suessical the Musical and out to lunch...so I'll have a little "down" time tomorrow afternoon...see what the Cowboys are going to do tomorrow!

Gotta run for now...hang in there Eileen! Keep after 'em, Beanie!

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Eileen. sorry to hear you are starving. I am in the thick liqid stage, basically I can have creamed soup( no lumps) and Jello, pudding and shakes. I am not hungry ever though. What size of band did you get? and did you get any fill with it. I have the 10cc band and he said he put 3 cc in during surgery. I have lots of restridtion, I find it is hard for me to get in all my Protein unless I have my shakes first (I now do the slimfast low carb shake already made) because it has a few more calories and 20 grams protien. I was doing another brand but had fewer calories and I was getting very shaky and weak felling. Right now I am luck if I get 500 caleries a day. Have you done a any clear Isopure from GNC? Lots of protein!! and not to band to drink as long as it is good and cold.

Hope it goes better for ya.

I am cleaning house today and DH is finishing railing and sealing our deck. Both my kids came down with colds...YUCK DD has pnemonia and strep and son has severe cough...probably strep also. Hope there meds get them better before halloween.

have a great day all of ya !!!

Hey Kids,

Ira that zoo is a zoo LOL. Glad you had fun. I know DD would flip out if I brought her to something like that. She freaks when she see's people in big furry costumes. Van Saun is ALWAYS busy. Hope Zac enjoys the festivities today. Thanks for offering the drink. I'll send DH to the store tonight.

Beanie, I'm so happy your doing this full force, you go girl. You know you have all of us behind you 100% and we are praying for you. PUNk ROCK ?????? ROFL

Cindy your day sounded wonderful and the Bracelet sounds cute, I love hearts, they are all over my house. I am currently wearing one white gold and one yellow gold heart bracelet. I have hearts in every room of my house lol. Enjoy your down time tomorrow :)

AAngel, so sorry to hear about your poor kids being sick. I sware everyone around here is so sick with colds, sinus infections..you name it. WOWEE only 500 calories and your getting your Protein in? thats good !!! I don't know the size of the band, I'm gonna ask this coming friday when I go see the doctor. I know he doesn't fill it during surgery. Right now I feel no restriction as far as getting down Water or anything. It goes down quite easy and I can get alot down. I'm just being really careful and going slow but I can drink like before. I don't gulp b/c I'm afraid of hurting myself and more gas. Glad to hear your doing well.

Have a great night everyone :D

Hi everyone,

Elieen- I am so happy to hear you are doing better..been thinkin about ya. So please tell me...was it better or worse than you thought? I am getting nervous and I don't even have a date so far. Hope your doing better and better every day!

Wow, just got back from camping with my 13 Brownies and 10 moms in the middle of a 500 acre Girl Scout camp....all I can say is A W E S O M E!!

we had soo much fun I can't wait to go back...hey, I am still a kid at heart!

Just R&R for the rest or the weekend..ahhhh relaxation!

hope everyone enjoys what's left of the week-end :)

Hello Everyone! Late getting here today, we went riding most of the day. We went over to Garland to the Harley Store, they had a open house thing going today. Then we headed to Dallas and then we went to Stroker's. Anyone here watch Hardtails? Well, that is done at Strokers. We had a great time, the weather was so nice.

Beanie - you go after them girl! I love your attitude! Now, who in their right mind would turn you down???? :):D:D Have a great time with your friend.

Cindy - Sounds like you had a great time, and the Bracelet sounds beautiful!

Lisa - Your camping trip brought back a lot of memories for me! Glad you had such a great time. I can honestly say the surgery wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be.

Angel - Sorry your kids are sick, hope they will be better for Halloween! Sending good vibes your way so you don't catch it!

Ira - Sounds like it was a pretty scary thing for him, maybe next year he will enjoy it more. Sorry you have to work and will miss out for the rest.

Eileen - I really think you need to add some Protein drinks, two weeks with just clear liquid is a long time. I had to do clears too, but they added a CIB drink in with it. That will help you alot!

Pat - How's the mouth today? Hope you are doing great!

Well, that is my exciting day, now I am going to kick back and take it easy.

See ya all tomorrow!

Hi!

Lisa in NJ, my daughter is in Jr. Girl Scouts, and we went on a camping trip like that last year when she was in Brownies. Great time! Of course, we are in Texas, so while it was cool, it wasn't COLD!

Eileen, if I"d known about your fascination with hearts, I would have picked up a Bracelet for you, too!

Betty, sounds like a great ride today!

Pat - enjoy your pain killers...but I bet you've run out of gas by now! LOL

Angel, so sorry about the sick kids...it is very stressful to have one sick kid, much less two!

Everyone enjoy the evening, and goodnight, Cindy

Good Morning :D

Its a blue sky.... I'm happy :D

We got a phone call last night from my MIL's neighbor, she called at 12:15 am. They took my MIL to the hospital b/c her leg hurt (she only has one leg b/c of circulation problems...looong story). We got another call at 5 AM that the hospital needed my DH to come down to help my MIL make a decision on weather or not to amputate her only leg or she will die.. She is 78 years young, weighs about 70 lbs at most, and lost her other leg a few years ago b/c of the circulation problems. My FIL is 81 and has a hard time remembering things and is having major problems of his own right now. Uhh.

Cindy you are too sweet :)

Betty, sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday. I'm glad you get to ride and

enjoy the weather.

Beanie I've been thinking about you. Even thought your going through a rough time with the insurance heinies, your still here cheering everyone on and supporting them. Your such a good soul. Thanks !!

Lisa, sounds like a great day with the girls. The operation was worse than I thought, but thats b/c of the gas they put inside you. I am impressed with the incisions though, they are tiny except the one in the middle. Other than that, I'm amazed how good I feel right now. Everyone is different, so the pain is different. My friend who had the surgery 2 weeks b/4 me had NO gas what so ever...go figure. She went to work after 2 weeks and is wizzing right thru this. Other than wanting to eat REAL bad, I'm doing pretty good. I believe I made the right choice in having this surgery. Ask me in 6 months and I'll have a totally different outlook. Pain and hunger suck but getting fatter and fatter by the day sucks more.

Jolynn how are the kids today ?

I did get the Isopure yesterday and I'm trying to work them in. They got a funky after taste but at this point, I don't care :D

Anyone got an extra bagel laying around the house LOLOL !!!