Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

Hey Betty! Whatcha doin' on the computer?

Cindy - I'll give you first crack at editing. Once I get the first chapter together, I will send it on for your review. (If the book is boring - I will stop, there...) I thought I would wait until I retired, too - but I may as well do something productive while I sit here with nothing to do!

Eileen - what are you feeding that child? Cookies flying - going home from school? Madness!! How is the little urchin? Hope she feels better soon.

TTL

*yawn* boy naps are wonderful :)

Beanie, I didn't feed the little one anything, she has not eaten all day. So I said to her about 1/2 hr ago... want ice cream DING DING DING !!! we have a winner. So I ran to the store, got her (yeah, her) some pnut butter ice cream & Cookies & cream. Got home made her a small bowl and she ate it and is laying down again. You really know when kids are sick, they lay like wet rags. I bought myself a big helpin of fresh sliced pineapple MMMMMM!

Feels like a friday.

Betty Boop, the cool air is perfect. Its light sweater weather, my favorite :) Sorry to hear about your computer going kablooie. Maybe a new one is in the near future, like christmas?

Oh well, back to watching Disney.... wish she's switch to sponge bob for crying out loud LOL. :(

Good Afternoon Everyone :)

I went for pre-op this morning (surgeons office) they still hadn't heard anything...sigh. So they moved my surgery from the 2nd one of the day to the last one at 4 pm on Monday.

10 am this morning I get a call from the surgeons office that I was approved !!!!!!

I almost pooped in my pants. Now the real bundle of nerves is gonna hit LOLOL !!!

I"M READY !!!!

4pm on MONDAY?!?! HOT DAMN!!! Oh Eileenie!! I am sooooooooooooo happy for you.

Do you have all your liquid supplies? Your Gas X and Glycerin suppositories? Are you ALL ready???

I am doing the happy dance for you!~!

Whooooo Hoooooo! I am doing the "Happy Dance" for you! :banana :banana :banana I just knew it would come through in time! :):D

O.K. Beanie, now it is your turn! Get after them people and don't take no for an answer!

I actually don't think anything is wrong with my computer, I actually have been having problems with Comcast. I also have too much on here so I need more memory!

Good Morning :D

Thanks so much everyone, I am so happy yet my tummy is upside down LOL!!

Beanie, my partner in crime, we HAVE to get you moving along. Is there any tire popping we can do, or letters we can write, or anything...seriously. I hate just sitting here feeling helpless. Can your HR dept get on their ass's like mine did? Yes, I'm ready Beanie, I have it all except gas-x. I even have my chewable vitiamins (that my company makes so I get em dirt cheap).

Ira, thanks :) I'm having surgery at 4 and will be there until tuesday afternoon :D Have you thought about going to the group thingy in November? if so, I'll go with you. My treat this time :)

PAT!! your post gave ME goose bumps lolol *hugs*

Betty Boop, getting memory is much easier than a brand new pc... I'm glad its only that. Your right, we need to get Beanie moving on this journey.

I love you all, I realllllly do.

Whats everyone doing this rainy day (well in jersey that is).

I'll be cleaning and cooking today. Plus making wooden pumpkins for some inside decorations.

Tonight is dinner OUT !!! well? what did you think lolol tomorrow too :D

I am going to call them on Monday for a "Status" and then keep calling them every 3-4 days until they get-r-done... I don't know about the HR thing. Since it isn't like I have a surgery scheduled, it is pretty hard to make that fly.

If I don't get an answer soon, I will give it a try.

I am actually hoping to be able to get a YES and then have my surgery on Nov. 19th. I already have 2 weeks vacation scheduled for Thanksgiving - and I would be EXTREMELY thankful if I could have two weeks to recover and get well past the "clear liquid" stage before returning to work. I think, having read of the experience of others, that I might be a tad cranky during that phase. It would be better if I could be cranky at home.

Today, we are going to a new gym that has opened around the block from our house. They have a grand opening special and DH wants to join. If they are open enough hours, I will join, too. In the dark ages, DH and I used to go to the gym together and walk the treadmill together. (Yes, that is our idea of a hot date).

We also have to pick up some Lawn & Leaf bags. Fall yard cleanup continues. Last week I planted the Azalea bushes. This week, the color spots.

That's about all the excitement for this weekend...

Hugs, Eileen!! I know you must be freaking out right now...

:]

Hi Y'all!

We have been out riding the Harleys. We decided to go one the Harley owners group ride today. Well, it was 52 degrees when we left this morning, and let me tell you it was COLD! I was the only gal there, so it was me with a bunch of guys! :) We headed out to Sanger (?) not sure if that is how you spell it, but they take the long way around. We were about 9 or so miles from there and went way out some more, then crossed the Ray Robers Lake. We stopped on the lake and took some pictures. We rode back into Sanger and ate at Babe's. I don't know if y'all have ate at a Babe's place, but if you haven't, it is well worth stopping and trying it. This is my second time at one and I love it. Of course it wasn't exactly band friendly, but every once in a while you just have to do something. I had fried chicken, mashed taters/gravy (yummy) and a bite of corn. They also bring rolls, green Beans, and biscuits. Everyone else had catfish, and I tried a bite of it and it was yummy too! Of course you have to have a big cold glass of ice tea too!

Anyway, we put on about 175 miles this morning and it was a beautiful ride. I had to laugh when I put on my leathers, my coat was so big on me I could wrap it! But, it served the purpose and I really don't want to invest in a new one until I have lost some more. At least I can put a lot of heavy clothing under it! :D

Eileen - I bought Gas-X, but never used it. It is still in my cabinet. I bet you are so excited/nervous right now. I know I was. I was ready, but those feelings just have a way of getting to you. Keep busy, busy, busy!

What kind of Vitamins does your company make? So, what ya going to eat for your last couple of meals out?

Beanie - Call Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Pretty soon they will get so sick of you they'll get you an answer! :D:D:D

That would be neat to join a gym together, one would make the other go! :D

Well, I need to get outside and Water some flowers, we haven't had rain for so long, they are dying for a drink of water.

Catch y'all later!

Betty your day sounded wonderful. I'm glad you had a good time. I don't blame you for waiting b/4 investing $$ in a new coat. I will probably keep my coats b/c I like them big.

Today so far I had biscuits for Breakfast, only 3 which was about 200 calories. lunch was tuna and crackers, maybe 4. dinner was the biggie, I had chinese... gen tso's ckn and a load of veggie lo main. I mean until it felt stuck to my ribs. I'm done for the day. Tomorrow I'm not sure. I know a bagel for breakfast, since thats my favorits and I know I won't be having them for a LOOOOOOONG time, and thats even if I can tollerate it lol. After that, I'll prob combine lunch & dinner and have something good.

I have ice cream in my freezer....hmmmm lolol. Actually I'm not an ice cream eater, I do love cake and chip...good thing I don't have any laying around.

Beanie, I sure do hope you get your date when you want. Thursday I told the insurance company I was going to call them every hour on the hour on Friday if I didn't hear from them. They called at 10 am LOLOL !!! You give em heck !!!!

Gee its only 6:30...feels like 10:30.

Watcha all doing tonight? I'll be relaxing watching tv, surfing the net.

Eileen!!!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!!!! I couldn't get on here last night (no time, it's DD's birthday weekend, and it all revolves around her, OF COURSE!) and so when I got home this evening from Birthday, Round 2, and saw your great news, I jumped for joy! OR, I would have, but my feet hurt from wearing my cute high heel clogs! Let's just say I am jumping for joy in my heart! I can hardly wait, and I know you are excited. Don't get nervous. I feel like I know you, and you'll take the whole thing in stride. I'll say special prayers for your health and guidance for the surgeon. If your surgery is scheduled for 4PM, you should be home and resting by 9 PM at the latest, right?

BETTY---you were in SANGER!!!!! The next time you do that, give me a call. PM me for my cell number....You were right here in my town. Now today, I was in Denton, at my dads for the family party, but I'm usually around. It would be great to meet up sometime. Let's grab BEANIE, too...

I'm excited about your book, Beanie...I'll edit for you just for the fun of it! Don't judge my skills based on these posts, because here I am just having fun, and writing like we talk, okay?

Like Beanie said, get that GAS-X or something like it...that was my biggest problem. And, it will take some practice to find the right way for you to get out of bed. I watched a lot of TV the first couple of nights because I couldn't sleep for more than 3-4 hours at a time, without needing to take a pill, or get a drink, or go to the bathroom! But, pretty soon, all that is over, and you are back to 100%.

Tomorrow is a long day, but fun! The weather is beautiful, sunny and cool (not cold). I think I"ll wear my new cheetah print skirt and a sweater to church!

Hugs to all, and I'll check in tomorrow night, after Birthday, Round 3! Good night, Cindy

I'm having surgery at 4 and will be there until tuesday afternoon

Dr Ballantynne will visit you first thing in the morning, if there is nothing going you will be up and out the door before 11 AM. So tell DH to come around 10 for you.

Check those chewables and make sure they have Iron, an Iron supplement is too much Iron. Also they will tell you to use a Calcium suppliment. I'm sure you can get those cheep but if not, Walmart has a chewable. You may want Adult liquid Tylonol in the house.

If you didn't already do a really good "before" picture, don't forget.

As for November, I really doubt it, I am still on the 4-12 shift, so I would have to work.

Oh yes - the BEFORE picture. Ira, you're a genius.

Cindy, I have a chapter written and ready for your review. If you give a darn about what happens next, I will write some more... Have fun with Birthday, Round 3.

Our Betty - Born to be Wild... I expect I will have to lose a little weight before I could hop on the back of a bike...

I guess I will start on my exercise program tomorrow... We did a year membership together at the place around the corner. CHEAP! Just my kind of thing.

I worked on the bed for the color spots a little bit. Tomorrow is planting day, the sequel.

:]

I worked on the bed for the color spots a little bit. Tomorrow is planting day, the sequel.

Beanie, it took me 3 times to read this b/4 I got it LOL... I'm like color spots? bed? what kind of kinky stuff is she up to now? ROFLMFAO - GOOD GIRL!!! I'm proud of you for starting your exercising. It can only get better, ya know. If you gain a pound or 2 remember, your exercising and building muscle so don't freak!!! muscle mass is the key to burning calories.

Cindy, have a wonderful time this weekend with the birthday girl. I bet you'll look beautiful in your animal print skirt, I really can picture you :) Thank you for all your kind words, I feel like I know you too. I will be in the hospital over night and out the next day :D

Ira, to bad your working at night. That sucks. Well, we'll meet up soon. I do have the gas x on my list along with the liquid tylenol. Two weeks of clear liquids...man oh man LOL. My company makes Centrum Vitamins, they make it in liquid and chewables, I got the chewables. The lady in my office that just had this surgery 2 weeks ago suggested them since thats what she is taking. The only Vitamin you have to watch for w/out Iron is centrum silver. That has no or less iron. I remember taking them when I was following Atkins diet.

DANG!! its beautiful outside today.... I AM SO OUT THERE :D

Have a good Sunday everyone.