Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

Beanie, at least you have a plan. Playing in the dirt can be fun, especially if you have some one to flick the dirt on :)

I'm in the "Mel Brooks" mood, so I think I'll watch Robin Hood Men In Tights tomorrow...

We're Men!

We're Men Tights "TIGHT" Tights!

Good Afternoon Y'all!

Well, this morning I decided I had enough computer work and housework so I took the day and went shopping. (Fun shopping, no groceries at all)

I got some new pretty underware for myself! (Bras and panties) I tried on some new shoes, but couldn't find anything I liked. I am not too crazy about the new styles of shoes that are out now. I also tried on some new jeans, but decided to wait for a while longer on them. I just walked, looked, touched, and had a good time.

Then I got home and decided I still didn't want to sit around the house, so I jumped on the Harley and went for a long ride. It is such a beautiful day here today, and it was perfect for riding. I have to say a gal riding by herself on a big harley turns some heads! :):):) It is quite fun riding by yourself!

I think we will be doing a lot of riding this weekend, DH said this morning he is ready to go! He'll appreciate that I went today. :)

Rene - Any word yet? I'll keep my fingers, eyes, toes, legs, etc. crossed for you! I have lots of flower beds to play in too, but for some reason it just doesn't sound fun to do this weekend. I love working in them though. DH isn't much on working in the flower beds, so it's a big project for me.

Eileen - Good luck with your tests tomorrow. At least it is early and you won't have to suffer all day long. It sounds like y'all might start drying out soon! Here you are getting all the rain, and we can't seem to get any here. It has been a very dry season for us. Some of the towns around us have gotten a little, but where I live it is dry, dry, dry! I even had to add Water to the pool yesterday because it got so low, and we seldom have to do that!

Ok, time to move some more, so everyone have a great weekend! But, I'll probably be back here before then.

Aw Heck, Betty,

I never REALLY expected Blue Cross to pick up the phone and call me - 24 point font or no... I will be calling them pretty soon - but they are in the middle of the lunch hour right now, and getting a human on the phone would be extremely unlikely.

Beleive me, when I hear something - you guys will definitely hear about it... :]

It's getting late have you seen my mates

Ma tell me when the boys get here

It's seven o'clock and I want to rock

Want to get a belly full of beer

My old man's drunker than a barrel full of monkeys

And my old lady she don't care

My sister looks cute in her braces and boots

A handful of grease in her hair

Don't give us none of your aggravation

We had it with your discipline

Saturday night's alright for fighting

Get a little action in

Get about as oiled as a diesel train

Gonna set this dance alight

`Cause Saturday night's the night I like

Saturday night's alright alright alright

Well they're packed pretty tight in here tonight

I'm looking for a dolly who'll see me right

I may use a little muscle to get what I need

I may sink a little drink and shout out "She's with me!"

A couple of the sound that I really like

Are the sounds of a switchblade and a motorbike

I'm a juvenile product of the working class

Whose best friend floats in the bottom of a glass

No reason for posting this...... just singing it in my head LOLOL...

Yeah I know, get a life :)

Now that's a song I can LIVE with having spinning thru my brain...

Oh, and shockingly enough, I was given a DIFFERENT fax number to send my insurance appeal to when I called today. So, I had to fax it again. Still never got a call back from the person it was sent attention to. Again, in 24 point font, I requested a call to confirm receipt.

*sigh* Monday is another day.

Happy Weekend!!

HAPPY SATURDAY :)

Beanie, your writing down the names of everyone you speak to, times and dates right? if not you need to (I know you are cause your a smartie pants, I just had to ask anyway.... "mom njchick olololol). You keep on their ass because they are going to cave :)

I just got back from the hospital....dracula wanted a few more slurps b/4 my surgery next week ((((egads, did I just say that.... shiver me timbers)))). The lady who took the blood did a great job, she got it on the first blow, and I mean blow lol. First thing I did when it was over was run for a LARGE cup of coffee :) :) :D The 3 best foods on earth are chocolate, pnutbutter and COFFEE !!!

Its not raining but still cloudy here. I see blue skys in the horizon so hopefully we'll see some here.

I'm going to read a bit and then start cleaning up. My kitchen is a disaster.

Maybe we'll go pumpkin picking later, unless it rains again.

Whats everyone up to today?

Good Morning Y'all!

Beanie, I know how frustrated you must be! I don't know why everything has to be so hard. Come Monday, pick up that phone and call and if they won't give you any answers ask to speak to the supervisor, sometimes that is all it takes.

Eileen, I am glad your test went so easy! I too always head straight for the coffee, I can't seem to get myself moving till I have that first cup. I bet you just can't wait for your date to get here, nerves and all! :):):)

I'm glad the rain has stopped for you.

DH just called and he is on his way home from work. He is ready to go riding for the day, the call was to let me know to be ready! lol He told me he would probably be working for a while today, I know he is happy he didn't have to.

My DB called and wanted us to go out to eat with them, I am still debating if I want to go. Everytime I go out with them I seem to eat all the wrong things, and it messes me up bad. I think I might pass and just eat at home today. Tomorrow I am going to put some chicken, ribs, and turkey in the smoker. I love doing the smoker thing because then I only have to worry about fixing a quick side dish to go with the meat. Of course I always have to throw a tater on for DH! :)

Tonight is Nascar racing, so we will be watching that. I like Jeff Gordon and he likes Earnhart, so both of our racers are out already. I think we both would like to see Ryan Newman or Jimmie Johnson to win now. Anybody else a Nascar fan?

I am also ready for the NBA to start, and yes the Mavericks are my team! Go Mav's! :D:D:D

I guess I better get dressed, catch y'all later!

dracula wanted a few more slurps b/4 my surgery next week ((((egads, did I just say that.... shiver me timbers

HEY, what did I miss? Did you get approved and I missed the excitement?

Betty enjoy your racing tonight. My brother loves Jeff Gordon and my sister loves Earnhart Sr. My neighbors love nascar as well. The only sport I can watch is Hockey :D

I don't blame you for not wanting to go out to eat. No one know's you better than you so if going out is going to set you up for failure, don't go. Good call. Did you get to go riding today?

It actually turned out to be a very nice day here :)

Ira, nope, not yet. I'm supposed to call the insurance company on tuesday. They did the same thing to the other woman in my office. They made her wait until a few days b/4 the surgery to approve her OY!..... But in the mean time, I have to finish up all the doc visits and testing or I'll never get into surgery. Today was pre admission testing at the hospital.

Don't blink around here, you never know what you'll miss :D

Where's Beanie ?

Didn't sign on until late today. DH and I made a foray into the Home Depot today to pick up a few things. He needed more string for the weed eater and I needed a couple of other plants. Got a couple of Mums to put out front for color when the weather gets cold.

We also got some things for weatherizing - since rumor has it that BOTH electric and gas rates will increase DRAMATICALLY right before the cold weather... I would hate to have to choose between the house payment and the gas bill... so we are working on conservation.

Spent a lazy day after that enjoying some Quality Time with the DH and talking about all our little "to do" projects around the house.

Tomorrow is planting day.

Not much else going on.

When I watch sports, it's basketball - but I tend to be one of those people who doesn't pay much attention until the playoffs... Go Mavs!

Yes, Eileen, I am taking names (and I will be kicking @$$ if they don't start getting it together!)

I'll check in tomorrow... Everybody sleep tight!

:]

Happy Sunday! How is everyone? Wow, seems like I've been in a fog the past few days!

Eileen - I love the way you're so happy and see the joy out of each day :) Lifts me up! Hope you get some dry weather REAL soon! Can't wait 'til you hear back from Ins about your approval.

Rene - How did jury duty go? Nothing more than a wasted day? Did you get some reading done? Keep fighting with that insurance co!!! I wish you all the best on your appeal.

Betty - I LOVE shopping too. I think it's because I'm such a cheapskate and love to get bargains... But, I also hate putting things away. Seems like once you put it away you don't have anything to show for spending the money. Weird I know :D How was your ride yesterday? Was the weather sunny and in the 80's ?

As for me, I'm still recovering. Did too much earlier this week, I think to some degree I was still feeling the effects from anesthia - which was dulling the pain. But by Wednesday evening I was wiped out - sore & achy. I was supposed to go back to work Thursday but took another day to rest. I had my Rx pain med re-filled and slept off and on. I was feeling real good Friday morning, took a shower and got dressed for work. After the school bus picked up my son, I left for work. Well, I have the most difficulty sitting up and halfway there was feeling terrible and nauseous. I suffered through 6 hours and finally left at 2:30 to go home and lay in the recliner. Saturday I rested all day, seems like my appetite has returned - I find myself going to the kitchen for something soft to eat. Today I'm off to the grocery store and back to rest. I want to be able to work tomorrow with little discomfort.

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

Went to the local seafood festival last night, OMG, I had the best she-crab Soup. I also ate a soft shell crab, the entire thing, but then again it was a baby one, LOL. No bread, just the crab, it was delicious.

It's just amazing to me the fried crab went down just fine, but if I'd tried to eat some beef or chicken, I'd have been looking for a place to spit.

As for shopping, I hate to shop, sorry ladies, but It's so dang hard to find anything to fit, I get disgusted and leave.

Have a great fall day everyone.

She-Crab? Is the She-Crab more special than the He-Crab? I haven't heard of She-crab soup... I bet it's yummy.

Hey, Karla? How many days did you take off before you went back to work? I am just trying to guage how long it might take to feel human, again. And, yes, jury duty was a waste.

So far as shopping goes, the only thing I LIKE shopping for that has to actually FIT is shoes... clothes shopping is my little hell on earth. Bleauck!

DH is calling me for coffee - so I have to run. :]

Good Afternoon :)

Its pretty chilly here today and very WINDY!! love it, feels like a fall day. I kept pretty busy today. Did some sewing, cleaned out a few cabinets in the kitchen. cleaned the fish tank, made a meat loaf for the week. I'm trying to put together a list of Clear Liquids I'll need for next week (ohhhhhhh gosh), and since juice is on sale at the store I'll get a few bottles. Two weeks of clear liquids egads!

Beanie, Home Depot ICK!!! lol. I think its all a crock about the heating bills going up this year. Its just an excuse for the gas company to jump on the "raping the public" band wagon. We will be wearing extra socks and sweats this winter thats for sure. Have fun planting today :D

Karla, gee, hope your feeling better soon. Especially having to go back to work so soon. My doc is giving me 4 - 6 weeks off (well w/disability of course). I'm taking every day that I can.

Pat, I'm a little muddled too, what is a she-crab? I'm glad you had a good time at the seafood fest.

I hate clothes shopping too. I can never find anything that fits right. I need tops bigger than the bottom but the bottoms are always to short. If my legs didn't look like pillers I'd wear dresses more.

I do like to go shopping for decorations and stuff like that. Also Toys R Us for my DD. Thats always fun.

Well back to reading and then its off to the grocery store :D

HUGS

Ok, I have gotten so far out of shape that the words "fun" and "planting" do NOT belong in the same sentence...

I only planted 1/2 the stuff before I got too punked to plant. What I did looks GREAT - but the other parts will have to wait until next weekend. Prepping the beds here is a major undertaking. Massive globs of clay with rocks in between does not make for plant success - so you have to dig, break up the big clumps of clay, pull out as many rocks as you can and add in some potting soil to give the plants any chance at all... Then you have to bury the whole thing in mulch or it will be all over crab grass in about 15 minutes. ***sigh***

It will be a miracle if I can walk tomorrow. I have GOT to get a band and get some of this lard off my @$$!

Hope everybody has a great evening.