Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

OK - well, color ME stupid. And talk about making a great impression on the boss guys...

I neglected to check my calendar before committing to go to Burbank for our Due Diligence review - AND GUESS WHO HAS JURY DUTY ON MONDAY!!

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH!

So, I just had to send the "Gee, I'm an idiot" e-mail to the guy who interviewed me yesterday & my direct supervisor. I could not feel any more stupid right now.

It's just that there is never anything ON my calendar - except for the occassional doctor appt that I can always move. It just never occurred to me to look.

So much for my hopes of getting the job transfer. I don't know if they are hiring idiots today.

I could cry.

I'll get over it - I just hate being so darned stupid. I mean DUH - who doesn't check their calendar before they make a committment? Only an idiot.

My only saving grace is that I found a gal to replace me on the trip - and I faced the interviewer in person to let him know.

Now, if only there was some sort of snafu for each and every other applicant for the position I applied for...

Oh, wait? It would be evil to wish bad things for the competition, right?

Darn! Why can't I be BAD?

Rene,

Don't beat yourself up over this. Everyone makes silly schedule errors like that. Especially when it comes to jury duty. Who thinks about things like Jury Duty? I mean it's not like you forgot about a trip to Disney Land, or the Camin Islands.

I think your bosses will respect your honesty (afterall you could have made something wonderful up) and your courage to step right up and admit the mistake. No manager wants an employee who refuses to admit a mistake.

Anyway, try to enjoy Jury Duty. If anyone asks you if you agree with the phrase "Where there's smoke, there is fire," be careful how you answer, it's a trick question.

Good morning :)

Beanie, its not a stupid thing that you did, I don't have a "calendar" so I wouldn't have checked it. And Ivan's right who the heck thinks about jury duty? You moved fast in getting a replacement and I think they will take that into consideration. Hope today is a better day for you :P

Hey Ivan, nice to see you !!!

Its sure is foggy again today, and boy is it thick. This is not good on my hair folks (not that any of you give a rats tookas lol).

Well lets see, I promised myself I would get on the dreadmill tonight *rolleyes*

Whats everyone doing about your diet and exercise? You behaving?

Here's a joke for you Texas Folks !!!

There were three country churches in a small Texas town: the Presbyterian church, the Methodist church and the Catholic church. Each church was overrun with pesky squirrels.

One day, the Presbyterian Church called a meeting to decide what to do about the squirrels. After much prayer and consideration they determined that the squirrels were predestined to be there and they shouldn't interfere with Gods divine will.

The Methodist group got together and decided that they were not in a position to harm any of God's creations. So, they humanely trapped the squirrels and set them free a few miles outside of town. Three days later, the squirrels were back.

It was only the Catholics who were able to come up with the best and most effective solution. They baptized the squirrels and registered them as members of the church. Now they only see them on Christmas and Easter.

:):P:) :eek: :mad: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Eileen............I've just choked on my cheerios! Ive got to remember that joke! As a former Catholic myself..............I find it kinda of true. That's when I went to church on Easter and Christmas! Now that I am a Methodist, I don't go at all!!! LOL Lord save us sinners!!

Hey Beanie, I love your song quote! I've gotta be the biggest fanatic Eagles fan here in Texas. I've only seen them about 20x in concert. Hell, I actually own stock in them! LOL

Y'all Take Care Now,

Wow - you can buy stock in the Eagles? I want some... Love them - I have all the albums and even some of the solo efforts of the members.

I just thought that song is truly appropos of the band. Of couse, we could use "I've been running down the road trying to loosen my load" but that just doesn't sound as good... :]

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words from both Ira & Eileen. I feel a little better today. Beating myself up is the natural result of my error. I am pretty unforgiving of myself. I can tolerate anything except my own stupidity... I guess I am going to have to work on that. Therapy - here I come.

So, Ira - what's the trick? I mean, sometimes there is fire with little or no smoke, and smoke without flames... infact, there is usually more smoke when there are not flames... (I am a master of the evasive answer when I want to be.) Besides, what a stupid question to ask of a potential juror...

Lisa - Girl? You got your leathers on today? Ready to kick some Erin @$$? Hope you are doing ok.

Everybody have a great day!

Ray, I'm methodist as well. I havent been to church in a year or two... okay more like two. But I've started going back this past Sunday. I've been feeling empty for quite some time and need to focus on the Lord more. The sound of cheerios coming back up and out your nose sounds painful. BTW, you should know better than to read my threads and eat at the same time LOLOL !! Its really good to see you here :) Thanks !!

Beanie I'm glad your feeling better today. Your NOT stupid, you just forgot, there is a difference y'know :P How's DH ?

Watcha all got for lunch today ?

Betty, thanks for the advice on not buying to much, but I think that its something that is just in my genes. No matter what I go to the store for or how much, I ALWAYS come home with to much. Just like when I cook. There's 3 of us at home and I cook like there's 33.

Now, I thought I was the only one that bought groceries like that! My family laughs at me and tells me they are going to come shopping at my house. I have this thing about buying all this stuff. I also cook like I was feeding an army!

I went to buy groceries, and on the way I passed a Nail Inc. I couldn't stop myself from pulling in, I have been wanted to try a pedicure for quite some time. Oh my, how good it felt! I never realized they massage you too! They did my legs clear to my knees, and my feet, oh my I was in heaven. I also was hooked. She ask me if I wanted a manicure and I said no, but after that pedicure, I told her to go ahead and do the manicure. Well, the last time I had a manicure it was just that, fingers filed, painted, soaked etc. Well, now I find out they massage your arms, shoulders, hands too! I am hooked now! Goodbye groceries, hello Nails Inc.

Rene we all do stupid things like that! Don't worry about it, heck if they are so uptight about a mistake like that, you don't want to work for them anyway!

Loved the joke by the way!

Geeze, I just realized that even Ray is from Texas !!!! Okay, now I'm gonna sit back and analyze this.... Why does a jersey chick attract so many texans? ROFLMFAO !!!

Betty, I've never had my nails done, feet or hands. When you described how good it felt, I could feel my ears perk up like just like a dog LOL !!! hmmmmm.

I guess it's just your sparkling personality, Eileen! It could be a Southern Hospitality thing, too. After all - your first post on the September Chat thread basically said - "Hey Y'All - Come and Chat". We're nothing if not gracious down here.

Besides, I just ADOPTED Texas - I was born in Carmel, California and lived up & down the Cali coast until I was 12. After that, I lived in Eastern Oregon (high desert/low population) and then in the Willamette Valley (where all the Oregon cities are) until I relocated to Texas about 3.5 yrs ago...

I'm thinking maybe I will try Jersey, next. If my time in TX holds true to my time in the other states, I think it will be about 12-24 yrs before I arrive... So, Don't wait up.

LOL.

Thanks Betty. There are other indicators that I might NOT want to work for this particular person - however, the pay and profile increase here at the company might be very good for the old resume, you know? *sigh*. I guess all I can do is my carefull best from now on. I'll let you guys know if I make the cut for 2nd interviews as soon as I find out.

:]

Eileen,

It's your humor, sparkle, warmth, and cuteness!!! I hope that when you lose all that weight, that you won't lose your personality with it!!!! LOL

NJ Chicks rock!!!

Eileen,

It's your humor, sparkle, warmth, and cuteness!!! I hope that when you lose all that weight, that you won't lose your personality with it!!!! LOL

NJ Chicks rock!!!

You know Ray, your gonna make everyone on this site choke on their cheerios :) You mean when I lose all my flubber I can't become a skinny bitch? Dang Gum It, now what'll I do ?

I'm gonna have to go with Beanie.... you Texans are just purely good at heart people.

Beanie, maybe I'll move on down south... we can cut our meeting time in half 6 - 12 years :P

So no one answered my question of the day... WHATCHA ALL COOKIN FOR dinner (or was that lunch...darn CRAFT disease... Cant Remember A F*ckin Thing).