Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

Good Morning :(

We had a great time apple picking yesterday. We all got apple cider donuts, you can get them warm or cold, I got mine warm and DD decided 1/2 way through her cold one that she wanted mine lol, kids !!! They are really good. I love this time of year. I got to take an afternoon nap and then got up to decorate the outside for halloween. I have pumpkins all over my yard (fake ones b/c the squirrels eat them if they are real....little bastards LOL). Did food shopping, and I think we made it to bed at 10. I'll try to get pictures to post.

Today is apple pie baking, church, a birthday party... oh shoot, laundry ICK.

I need to clean the house but eh, we'll see. I'll also be cooking for the week today (dinners), pot roast is on the list, gotta see what else is in the freezer.

Whats happening with you all this beautiful fall day?

Good morning everyone, happy first Sunday in October!

Today we are going out for our anniverary to see a show and dinner. Grandma is coming to watch Zach, so he won't even know we are gone.

I won $3.00 on a scratch off game yesturday. I never win anything so this was exciting. Although I did pay $3.00 for the ticket in the first place. So does this count as winning?

Of course it counts as winning, anytime you walk away with something you didn't have before you win.Kind of like the band except you want to walk away with less. Interesting anology if you think about it.

Well, today was our foray into Sams Club. It's always an adventure to go there. We got the infamous sweetener. As for the wild sex, I don't kiss and tell... lol.

Not much excitement other than that.

$3.00 is a bonafide win, Ira. Just think, you got the thrill of victory - for free!

Geez Eileen. Such energetic pursuits... Like Better Homes and Gardens October issue... We still have no Fall, here. I think the temp did drop down to a high of 90 vs the 100 we were getting last week - but still... Very Summery.

Seppi? So, tell us about you. What do you do? How is the whole Band Experience going? Do you like to shop? Are you crafty? Come on - Spill!

Lisa, Oh Liiiiiiisa... We have switched threads. Come on over and visit.

See y'all tomorrow!

Good Morning,

How is everyone this foggy monday morning. I promised pictures and here they are.

This is my house, it looks cool in the dark with all the pumpkins a glowing..

post-204862-1381313226399_thumb.jpg

Eileen, where did you go to pick apples? We went pumpkin-picking yesterday and plan to do apples this weekend or next. Last year we went up to Warwick NY and it was great but a long drive. Did you go somewhere closer?

Hey Alex, we went to Masker's Orchard, its in Warwick. Its not to far from me, maybe 40 minutes, if that. Do a search on the web for closer places. The NJ site is pretty good.

We might go pumpkin picking this Sunday, gotta see what DH wants to do.

Your house is beautiful! I love the decorations! What a cute picture of your daughter. She is adorable!

We used to pick apples every year when I was up north. I used to love going to the orchard and picking plums, apples, grapes, peaches etc.... I used to can them too. I made apple sauce, pies, apple crisps etc. (maybe it's a good thing I don't pick them anymore)!

We went Harley riding both Saturday and Sunday, it was so nice and cool in the mornings. It got up to 92 later in the day. What a relief that 70's was early in the morning. We went out to "Strokers", I don't know if any of you know the place, but that is where "Hardtails" is filmed at. It is a bar/store here in Dallas. It really is a cool place to go, hundreds of bikes, live music etc.

Winning anything on the lottery is good! Hey, just think of it like this: you got to play and it didn't cost you a dime! :(:):D

OMG! It IS the October issue of Better Homes - wow!

And look at those loved ones... Such a couple of cuties... What a deal! Your weekends are way more interesting than mine...

:]

Betty, thank you !! DH and I built that home with our own two hands, no contractors. It took us 3 1/2 years just to get it in movable condition and then another 7 1/2 years to finish it. I had no closets for 6 of those years LOL !!! We also did the landscaping once we cleared the property with a bulldozer. The house that was sitting on the property when we bought it was rotted to the ground so we had to tare it down and build up from the foundation. I'm very proud of what we did :)

I'd love to go bike riding, every time I see some one on a motorcycle I'm like aaaaaah. The only reason I wouldn't have one here is b/c of the road rage. Maybe one day if I move to the country I'll get one.

Beanie, better homes and garden couldn't hold a candle to me... if you want some one that can put ups siding, dry wall, plumbing, flooring, french drains, cement work, painting and all that icky stuff... CALL ME !!! (well don't really call me b/c my back is broken from all that LOLOL). The only thing I didn't touch was the electrical work... DH did that.

WELL !!!!!!!!! I submitted my medical leave of absense to my boss !!! he didn't ask what I was going out for which made my life easier :D:):D I'm taking off anywhere from 4 - 6 weeks :D

I am getting so nervous :(

Wow, now I really am impressed! I had no idea that y'all did it yourself! You are an inspiration to women! :(:):D (and men too!) :):D:D

It's only normal to be nervous! Start getting all your liquids in and keep busy, it'll be here before you know it!

Wow, now I really am impressed! I had no idea that y'all did it yourself! You are an inspiration to women! :):D:) (and men too!) :D :D :D

It's only normal to be nervous! Start getting all your liquids in and keep busy, it'll be here before you know it!

Thank you !!

What do you mean get my liquids in ? you mean practice LOL :(

Ooooooooo... 4 weeks... I am jealous! I can only afford like 4 DAYS off. Oh well. At this rate, it will be three years before I get to have the dang surgery, anyway. I figure I am going to start selling cupcakes at the flea market on the weekends to earn money... lol.

I got my response back from ObesityLaw.com. They want lots more money than BandedLawyer.com - but the benefit is that they are located in and licensed in California - which might come in handy if I have to go all the way to the State Insurance Board. hmmmmmn....I will have to ponder that question just a bit.

Well, the job front is still interesting... still no work in my current position. I was supposed to interview for the management job today - but the interviewer had to be out for a funeral - so that has been moved to tomorow.

Now I also hear through the ever popular grapevine that another opportunity may be waiting for me on the horizon. It probably won't involve a great deal more money - but it would be a little closer to my comfort zone, and I would really love my boss.

The boss for the management job is a big question mark - since I have little or no exposure to him in my present position. I wish I had ever heard ONE good thing about him. The more I do hear, the less I think I want to work closely with him.

So, one more day of aimless waiting for me. How's everybody else doing?

Eileen - sounds like you and I will have to hook up on a house, sometime. Didn't I tell you I spent my formative years helping my dad remodel houses? I am an artist with plaster & paint and I have even done some electrical. Love that pvc pipe, don't you? But Girl, you have WAY more energy for that sort of stuff than I do.

Your house is gorgeous!