Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

Hi from Houston!

Eileen, I love this idea ... it's nice to "chat" and since we're in different time zones we would probably have difficulty getting in the online chat at the same time.

My condolences on your BIL. I'm glad he's finally at peace.

Cindy, I wished I lived closer to you.. It's been quite a while since I've taken the time, I need a friend to scrapbook with. I did get some good advice once... start working on the most recent events so they're fresh in your memory and work backwards. It's great you got to go on such a fun vacation with your parents last Christmas. I'm sure DD will remember that trip for a long time.

Renebean, when is your jury duty? I have to tell you I went on a Monday recently (worst day to go since they have to process all of the criminals that were arrested over the weekend).. was #9 in a voir dire panel of 65.... GUESS WHAT? - I got selected!! Murder case!! Lasted almost 2 weeks! Whew! I'm glad my employer compensates for jury service.

The prosecution and the defense attorney will each get an hour or so to talk about the process, then they started asking general questions to the whole group and if someone raised their hand or shook their head they would ask more in depth questions to that person. Then each sides gets to strike 10 people and the 1st thirteen (think 12 angry men & 1 alternate) who did not get stricken (sp?) are the jury.

I was involved in a car accident on 11/3/04 and this Tuesday 10/12 I have to appear as a witness in a case the state brought against the man who caused the accident. I'm not sure why, maybe a civil case? The lettr said only to bring any documents or pictures I have relating to the accident. Should be interesting.

Today and yesterday I've been consumed with LBT... my surgery is tomorrow morning so I'm just reading up and getting excited!

Hope you all have a great week!

Karla - Congrats on your surgery. We will be thinking good thoughts for you.

I go in for Jury Duty tomorrow - so I probably won't get to check in until evening. Hope everybody is having/had a great weekend.

Happy Columbus Day !!

Good morning :P how is everyone this drizzly dreary day?

Karla GOOD LUCK TODAY !!! Your in my prayers.

Beanie, have fun at jury duty (ick).

Nothing new here today, SOSDD. Boss is out today so I'm taking a long needed lunch and going shopping. My dreary mind needs a break :(

Whats shakin with you all ? Got plans for the week? New Monday, New Day, New Start.

Eileen, I am very sorry to hear read about your BIL. My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your husband.

Hello Beanie, how's it going?

y'all take care,

Well, I did not get selected... So tomorrow it is back to the insurance battle tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well.

Hello y'all!

I am still fighting with this computer! UGH I am hoping since it was up and going this morning that they might have fixed it, I sure hope so.

Rene - did they tell you what kind of trial it was going to be?

Karla - Welcome to bandland! Let us know how you are doing when you can.

Eileen - Did you get to go shopping? I have been craving some bread lately too, but it is the one thing I don't eat. Once in a while I will take a taste of the crust if it is toasted etc. I miss garlic bread most of all, or a nice subway sandwich. lol Do you see many bears? I would be scared to walk early like that too! I'm glad you didn't get any of the flooding. Gosh, we have had so much happen to people this year. :P

Good Morning :(

KARLA !! I'll be praying for you... HUGS !!!

Well another happy day w/out the bodd :( :( :(:D

Ray, good to see you and thanks. How did you do in boot camp? are you staying away from the ice cread LOL

Beanie, I'm glad you didn't get selected. So how many books did you read while sitting there lol.

Betty, I love bread too, Bagels from the bagel shop, hot and warm it my favorite Breakfast. I'm gonna miss it, thats for sure. I did go shopping yesterday, got some more unneeded halloweenie decorations :D and I went to this place called Panera Bread for lunch. They have all sorts of stuff http://www.panerabread.com/

Anyway I got a garden veggie sandwich (thinking that was a healthy choice), it was tasty but not worth 640 calories YIKES. I only ate 1/2 because when I walked in the door they were giving away cheese & bacon souffles for free, like the one you see in the picture http://www.panerabread.com/menu_bagels.aspx Of corse I took one...and scarfed it down on my way back to work oy, when will I learn LOL.

Well thats about it.

Whatcha all doing today ?

Delarla I better do some work today LOLOL !!!! :P

Good morning everyone,

Over the weekend we went with some friends to China Town in NYC for Dim Sum, I can honestly say this was the first time I really felt like I was missing out. I could only eat one dumpling and a small peice of chicken and I was done. The restaurant thing is not working out for me, I guess I predicted that. Anyway China Town is always fun so it wasn't a total bust.

Now that I am on a normal shift, I have been able to work alot of overtime which I couldn't do while on the night shift. The extra money is helping out. We have a wireless connection at work so I can get on the internet which makes the overtime that much more enjoyable.

As for Lap-Band news, I am thinking about writing an essay titled: THE MYTH OF "THE LAP-BAND AINT NO MAGIC BULLET".

Hi to everyone!

This is one of your Texas buddies checkin' in! We went to the State Fair (of Texas, that is!) on Sat. and enjoyed it...the weather was perfect! Of course, it took a while to get in due to security checks, but I never complain about that. There was an incident the weekend before in Norman (Univ. of Okahoma) outside the stadium during a game, where a student blew himself up. He was the only death, but in his apt. they found Al Qaeda literature and Jihadist stuff...and it is reported (but barely, they put a squash to this story pronto) that he had been trying to get into different gates, and failed....sooooooo, they were extra careful before the big OU/Texas game.

Yesterday I was off, and daughter and husband weren't. I need about 20 days like that, minimum. I spend most of the day making the invitations for daughter's birthday party on the 23. She'll be 8 years old. It's at a Lunar Mini-Golf place, so the invites are on black cardstock written in gel pens..."What has 2 eyes and glows in the dark? YOU, at Haven's birthday party!" I think they look pretty cute!

Karla...if I had those 20 days off, home alone, I would get into that scrapbook so quick you wouldn't believe it! It won't be long before I retire, then I can do more of that. but, you're right in the suggestion to start with recent events, and catch up on the rest later....that might really help me get going again!

Hope everyone is doing fine, enjoying good weather, and eating right! OF course, I didn't this weekend!

Hugs, Cindy

Well, I am late come to the board tonight - I spent the whole day reading scientific abstracts for my Appeal. It would make me feel a lot better if all of the studies weren't conducted by interested parties... A lot of the info seems pretty biased, depending on who gathers the data. Both Band & By-Pass folks appear to be guilty. It's "Lies, Damned Lies, & Statistics."

After having read the literature, or at least the abstracts, I am still convinced that the band is the way to go - but I am wondering whether it is really as effective as the by-pass. The data on 3 yrs out over several studies shows avg percentage of excess body weight lost anywhere between 40 and 70 percent! That's a pretty large variance... I guess I don't care - since I won't be letting anybody by-pass anything inside my body.

Geez, Eileen - I can't even go to look at that site... I just noticed a sign for that restaurant here, the other day, and I don't DARE pick up a new bad habit. I already have enough!

Ray - bummer about the whole restaurant thing... I know that one is going to be hard for me, too. So, color me stupid - but are you saying that the Lap Band IS a magic bullet? or are you feeling down? (you weightloss super stud, you)

Betty - If I had been selected, it would have been misdemenor court.

Cindy, those cards sound cute... Have fun with the kids.

Karla, how you doing?

I'll try to check in earlier tomorrow - but I have to start actually compiling the infamous letter.... And I am treating that as priority one for the rest of the week.

:]

Good Morning & HAPPY HUMP DAY !!!! :D

Beanie, good to see you. Tell your boss I gave you the rest of the day off so you can get your letter done :D Tell him I have connections in joisey so he better let you go LOL ROFLMFAO!! (like that one Ray, bodda bing). Beanie, sorry about the food website lol.

My friend said that she know's of a laywer that had lapband himself here in the NY area and will help people w/their insurance companies by writing a "letter" suggesting they cave in LOLOL !!! He said that most insurances approve it after receiving his letter.

Cindy glad you had fun at the fair. Did you get a fried pnutbutter sand? LOL

Thats really sad about the person blowing themselves up. I guess I"ll never understand why one would do that....actually I don't want to understand it...I'll just keep praying. Mini golf w/the kids sounds like ooodles of fun :D

Ivan, good to see you. Glad your on a normal shift. You can always take me shopping with all that extra money you've earned :D How's your wife and the little guy? Is he enjoying PreK ?

Betty, how's the puter today ?

Well its a rainy soppy wet soggy icky day here. I feel like a wet rat :D

Its gonna be a loooooooong day, boss man is here (dang gum it).

At least its hump day... (or is that hump night :) ) naaaaaah naaaaaaaaah.

Watcha all up to ?????

Ohhhhhhhhh.... forgot to tell you. I went to my regular GP last night for my medical clearance. He said all my parts are right were they are supposed to be :D He even let me listen to my liver w/his stethoscope (sp?) he's such a cool guy. It was funny and embarassing b/c I had to lay down and you know when they tap their own fingers to hear the sound of where your organs are? well he kept telling me that I had to hold my boobs up... higher, higher... I said DOC !!! if I pull them up any higher I'll suffocate myself :D I was going to suggest he get a crain b/c I was tired of holding them up LOLOL

Howdy!

I just stopped by to say "hi" on my way to the insurance forum to copy the letter Alex posted. Then I am going to copy another letter posted on another site, merge the two and customize for me.... Plus, I think Jodie posted the Obesity Discrimination Act law somewhere - if I can find that, I will throw that in too... And, at some point in my letter, I will casually mention that my attorney has advised me to do something or other. Lastly, I will fax a couple of the abstracts from the most recent studies along, as well. I will bury them in bibliography... Anyway, that's the plan for this afternoon.

What's everybody else doing?

Hi guys! Renebean, you just keep after them! You're doing your research and after it goes up a step or two on the insurance ladder, and you mention "discrimination" you'll have it licked, I'm sure!

I know about the difference with bypass patients is that it is much faster...but at what cost? That what swayed me to the lapband. It just didn't seem like something I wanted to do: change the workings of my insides.

Eileen, it's good you don't understand suicide bombers...it means you couldn't think like them. I just wonder why incidents like that don't get reported to the public...you have to dig around and know someone where it happened to get the truth. Makes me wonder how many more things like that have happened?

Karla, how are you doing?

Not much news today...pretty much your regular, ordinary day. That's a good thing.

Bye! Cindy

Beanie your such a smartie !! I know your gonna whooop insurance ass :)

Cindy, ordinary days are good days IMHO :D

Well folks the floods are coming in, my DH just got a call from the police that they are opening the gates and soon his shop will be flooded with Water sigh !! poor guy can't get a break. Its TEEMING here!! No doubt that people in Northern Jersery are going to have Water up to their ceilings. Shoot, just this past sunday the waters were up to their first story windows. I live right up the street from a major river here and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and praying for my neighbors. You know.... All I think about is those poor people in LA. My gosh, my gosh, my gosh !! We are no comparison but golly, when you see people's houses under water its really scary and it makes you realize just how blessed you really are.

Anywhooooooooooo.. I think I'm done working for the day :D I'll just sit here and read up.