Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

Good morning, all. DH took the early shift, taking DD to church at 7:30 for set-up and rehearsal...I get to leisurely arrive at 9:40 for brunch, then my nephew and I will watch her play in the last service.

Eileen, Ivan brought up a Very Important Point: "Before" pictures! The day before my surgery, my DG took 3 pictures: front, side and back. Then on each month anniversary, we take the same pictures. I save them in a folder on the computer call "Lapband progress". I am taking my 3 month pictures today. It is amazing! While you can't really "see" your progress, those photos don't lie! One thing I noticed especially was on the "back " view, where you can actually see that my neck is thinner! Those are measurements women just don't think to take!

Beanie, I'm gonna PM you my work/home email addresses, so you can email me your chapter...I am looking forward to it! Maybe you can mentor me in a direction to write mine? We'll chat and discuss my possibilities.

Love to you all, Cindy

Resting today! Yesterday was a whirlwind, I was a volunteer at the local Operation Smile golf benefit. I had to be there at 8:30 to check the golfers in, there were lots of teams and lots of golfers. Then at 3:00 I returned to check them back in off the golf course, I was in charge of collecting their "BLUE BALLS", which they exchanged for raffle tickets, needless to say, I had fun with that one! Men, boy do they embarrass easily when you start asking for their blue balls, LOL.

Then it was rock n roll, cocktails, dancing and BBQ. Whew, my band does not like BBQ or slaw, so I had to stick to screwdrivers. They showed video of lots of children before and after, amazing is all I can say. Everyone had fun and we collected lots of money.

Morning Y'all!

It is a chilly one this morning, my windows are open and I think I might have to put them down a little bit! :)

Beanie - I rode on the back of DH for a year before I got my own. I was not a small person! But, I must say that it is much better on my own bike, and I can see more too!

Cindy - I didn't know you lived in Sanger! I wish I had known, I might have been able to meet up with you. Although since you weren't home all day probably not, but we could have tried! I love your town! Maybe we will be down that way again soon, if so I will let you know ahead of time.

Eileen - Are you staying busy? Yes, don't forget to take those pictures! You will use them over and over through out your journey! I spent the night at the hospital, then the next morning went down for the test and they released me right after that, probably around 10:00 a.m.

I don't know what we are going to do today, DH is taking the bikes down and putting gas in them. I wonder if he is planning on riding again today? Maybe later when it gets a little warmer. Right now I am putting on a big pot of Soup, it will be good for lunch next week and keep the house a little warmer too! :D:D:D

Everyone have a great day, I'll check back later!

Wow Eileen!! :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny

I can't believe you are going in tomorrow!!! That is so awesome! Good luck and make sure you let us know asap how you made out!

Best Wishes!

Eileen, I regret not doing measurements the night before, and don't forget the pictures, most important!

Betty, where are your pictures, we're waiting....and been waiting patiently.

Beanie, you're next!

MC, I thought you and Betty couldn't spell Danger, LMAO.

Good Morning :(

Pat & Betty, my DH is going to take some pictures today, right before we leave. I never thought of taking measurements...good idea. Now to find the darn tape measure. Will a craftsman due LOL

Lisa thanks, I can't believe it too. Last night all I did was cry when I layed down with my DD to put her to sleep. Thank God she didn't see me or realize what I was doing. We all have stuffy noses here so a few snorts didn't make her wonder LOL.

Needless to say I have the hershey squirts this morning and I'm not allowed any Water all day. Surgery's at 4. I doubt I'll make it... I forsee a few ice chips making their way into my mouth LOL. I'm THURSTY!!

I did alot of cooking last night for the family and inlaws this week. Made a nice pot roast in gravy, some fried boneless ckn breast, ckn parm, and noodles. That aught to hold em for a week.

For Breakfast I had a roll with 2 eggs on it and my wonderful graham cracker coffee mmmmmmm.

lunch was a few handfuls of M&M's, plain b/c they didn't have pnuts....drats.

dinner we went to Charlie Browns Steakhouse. I had a big bad ass salad, with all the bad stuff on it, egg, bacon, blue cheese dressing mmmmmm mmmm oh, and I shared deep fried ckn spring rolls appetizers. I split desert with my DH and DD which was fine, I normally never get desert b/c I'm always stuffed.

If I don't get to talk to you later, which probably I will b/c I'll have a few hours to blow.

I'll see you all on Tuesday !!!

Thanks for EVERYTHING !!!

LOVE YOU !!!

Good Morning Y'all!

Eileen - This is going to be a long day for you with your surgery being so late. You can try putting some Water in your mouth, then spitting it out. You might also try brushing your teeth, that probably will help too. I did exactly the same thing you did, I cooked up a bunch of stuff for DH and it worked just fine. The second week was a little tough because he decided he wanted fried potatoes, and it really got to me smelling them cook!

It won't be long and you will be in bandland! It is really funny, I was really nervous right up until I got to the hospital, then for some reason, I felt really calm, not scared at all. I guess I just knew I was doing the right thing and it would all be ok.

Pat - I am working on the pictures! I will be gone much of the day today, but maybe I can post them tonight or tomorrow. I'll be in and out, on and off all day as I have a couple of appointments and some errands to run too.

DH took a couple yesterday, I just haven't had time to look and see if they even turned out.

Catch y'all later!

Betty, thats exactly what I've been doing with the Water. My mouth is parched..ick.

I just can't wait to be home and resting with my DD. :(

This is pittiful LOLOL !!! tapping fingers, looking around, lah tee dah.

I really want a pnut butter sandwitch lol.

Oh Eileen! Aside from the fact that I am GREEN with envy, I am sooooo happy for you!! The clock is ticking and before you know it, you will be Band Queen for a Day.

Cindy, I am e-mailing that chapter, now... Let me know if you care what happens to our heroine, Jenna.

Pat, too funny about the Blue Balls... I think I might have had to leer suggestively to make the boys blush.

Lisa - great to see your name... You should stop in more often. We miss you!!

Well, its another glorious day in mortgage lending. I had better get back to it.

:]

Hi, everyone! Just checking in to wish Eileen a great banding, and happy recovery. I understand your feeling about your DD, but remember you are doing this to give her a happy, healthy mommy, with a better chance of a longer, healthier life. How old is your DD? Try not to get too freaked out and dramatic. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. Repeat as needed.

Love and hugs, Cindy

Well Eileen should be a bandster by now!!.Yikes I can't believe how nervous I am for her, I will be a mess when it's my turn, which hopefully will be soon.

I go to the pulmonologist next Tuesday and then THAT"S IT!! All of my pre-op requirements will be complete. ME, ME, I want to be next!!

Bean ~ my computer is s l o w as can be and it's hard to get on line sometimes so I just give up.....I am trying to get on atleast once a day though. Eileen kind of got me motivated again - I can't believe she did it today!

enjoy your night!

Hey, Beanie? I don't have your chapter yet? You're probably busy...but wanted to check to be sure you knew, or see if it's in cyberspace somewhere.

Can't wait to hear about Eileen!!!!

How's the weather in NJ? I think I heard you all were having a big storm?

Nothing much different here...same school, same kids, same grading!

I'll check back later for a weather report!

Cindy

Hi Y'all! I too keep thinking about Eileen, I'll be glad to hear from her!

For those of you that wanted pictures I posted some on my bandiversary thread, and some are dillies! :):D:D

Beanie - Have you called the insurance company yet? Get er done girl!

Cindy - Good afternoon to ya!

Lisa - Good luck!

I gotta go get my walk in, I'll check back later!

Oh, its so nice to be home and to see you all. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart. I love you all !!!

I wrote all about my venture on the general board....Thank you Betty !!!!!

Lisa, I can't believe I did it too. Now that I am home I can say that I can't wait to shed these pounds, but yesterday I must have said to myself 1000 times that I was NUTS!!! what was I doing to myself.

Did it hurt....... YES !!! I wouldn't lie, it hurt like heck. They gave me 5 shots of morphine while I was in recovery and 3 more when I got into my room, from 9:30 - 12 midnight.

On the ride home I was in so much pain but now I'm feeling much better. I have percocet ground up in a cap full of white grape juice...so I'm 10000 x better than 1 hour ago.

I CAN DO THIS !!!!!!

HUGS !!!!