Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

I was banded on 10-06-09 and so far I have had 2 fills. I am down about 65lbs post surgery and about 9 more including the pre surgery diet for abour 74-75lbs total. I am very pleased with my results so far although I know they would improve if I start exercising more as I should be. I am pretty careful though that I only eat protien for the most part. I do have an occasional "goodie" but really try to limit them carefully and have a very small portion of whatever it is. I also eat the fruit and cottage cheese paks for both Breakfast and lunch most days and it normally fills me up pretty well and then I have a good protien dinner. I have spoken to other patients from other Dr's and I think there is 2 different techniques used with the band. Some Dr's like mine put a pre determinded ammount in the band when they put the band in and other Dr's put it in empty and fill very slowly (thereby racking up lots more $$) I think this has ALOT to do with peoples early success or lack there off. If your Dr is one of the slow fillers keep the faith, when you do get to your sweet spot the pounds will come off.:smile2:

hey there. I'm a bit discouraged myself but that doesn't mean I'm not thrilled to be banded. I go in for a fill this afternoon. I haven't lost but 6 pounds in six weeks since my fill. : ( And this is really disappointing to me because it's hard not to compare ourselves to one another. I see one person has lost 70+ pounds and I think...why can't I do that??? It's in my nature to be hard on myself and beat myself up about stuff like this...and thus the weight problem, no? So I'm trying to do the best I can. I have really been exercising regularly. Last time I went to the doc's they said that I needed to do more than 1/2 hour of cardio a day, so I've been going to Curves regularly and doing 3 circuits, if not four...or doing the Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk video on demand...or some other video. Still....slow weight loss. But my clothes are really big on me now...so I need to use that as a measure rather than the numbers. We'll see what they say today.

Everyone looses wieght differently, and I think alot has to do with how much a person needs to loose. I was well over 300lbs prior to my surgery so I have lost alot quickly, but I still am 50+ lbs over my goal wieght and probably 75lbs more than my "ideal wieght" I have hit a couple of platues and not lost for a week or two then it seems to come off again. Keep up the good work, there are many ways to judge success. I can see the difference in myself more in my clothes than on my scale.< /p>

Nooshie - don't get discouraged - you are doing (and looking) GREAT!!!! And I'm sure you feel a lot better, right? It was great seeing everyone last night!!!

hey there. I'm a bit discouraged myself but that doesn't mean I'm not thrilled to be banded. I go in for a fill this afternoon. I haven't lost but 6 pounds in six weeks since my fill. : ( And this is really disappointing to me because it's hard not to compare ourselves to one another. I see one person has lost 70+ pounds and I think...why can't I do that??? It's in my nature to be hard on myself and beat myself up about stuff like this...and thus the weight problem, no? So I'm trying to do the best I can. I have really been exercising regularly. Last time I went to the doc's they said that I needed to do more than 1/2 hour of cardio a day, so I've been going to Curves regularly and doing 3 circuits, if not four...or doing the Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk video on demand...or some other video. Still....slow weight loss. But my clothes are really big on me now...so I need to use that as a measure rather than the numbers. We'll see what they say today.

I too had slow fills. I am now at 9 cc's in a 13 cc band. The last fill was on Monday. I now feel some restriction for the first time. I tried to eat a flour tortilla tonight with some chicken and I felt burning, needless to say I took the tortilla off and continued to just eat the chicken with some avocado. That went down well and I did OK. I too love this band even though it seems to have taken me awhile to get here. Thank you everyone for your posts, they help. Becky

I'm also having a slow weight loss, just had my first fill of 2cc's in a 6cc band. My Doctor didn't do the first fill until I reached 3 months, due to two surgeries back to back due to slippage. So I've only seen about 18lbs since the band. I'm eating about 60%-70% of my normal, I need to drink more, I do so so but could improve. I feel no restriction and can eat bread, rice, and other items most can't eat. I'm calling my doctor on Monday to get another fill in hopes that will help. Glad everyone is posting I really enjoy reading here and hope we all make a better effort in posting to motivated one another. I live in Germany and talk about snow, I'm a Pheonix girl and like to drive to the snow for vacations, not have it everyday, so can't wait till it clears up.

Hi Everyone Thanks for your kind words and motivation, I was a bit down last time I posted. I agree with you all and I wouldnt be without my band either. With or without the band I always loose weight slowly, I am over 50 and also I have arthritis so cant exercise very much so that does help.

Went to doctor yesterday and had my second fill so now I have 5 mls in total and fill much more restriction so sure things will get moving well again now, at least I feel much more motivate after reading everyones posts.

Keep up the great work its nice to read posts and join in from fellow Bandsters who were all done around the same time, although it isnt good to compare.

Thanks again everyone for your help:thumbup:

Hi October Bandsters, Can believe with so many of you out there none of you are posting? Or are you a bit dissapointed like me? I have gone off the rails due to Christmas and cant seem to get back on, is anyone else having the same problems? Perhaps we can helps one another get back on track. I am having a fill at the end of the week, as I have only had one so far and I am really hoping this will sort me out..... HELP!!:):thumbup:

Hi Oliverdog - Hang in there! Try going back to 2 days liquid and 2 days blended diet to maybe get you back on track. That restricted diet really helps me! The 2nd fill forced that cycle for me :thumbup:

I maintained over Christmas but got sick - so ended up losing a few more pounds due to just eating Soup. But I got my 2nd fill on January 25 - I had 2.5cc and she gave me 1cc more. Boy! That made a difference. They did the fill under xray and you could see the amount that was going through before compared to after the fill. The first day I was able to feel even Water going through - must have been swelling, because better now. But I am not eating as much. I have lost 9 pounds since Christamas and total 30 pounds. I figure 10 pounds a month is great results!

Please continue to add your name and date if your not on the list. Great way to keep us informed.:thumbup:

Happyloser 10/1

heyred1 10/1

bethany329 10/1

Timmers 10/1

Lindac80 10/1

Marfar7 10/1

Ca7696 10/2

Opus03 10/2

RedboneLA 10/3

ihavehope3 10/3

Viking_girl 10/5

leetie 10/7

Jtreece 10/8

MommyOf1 10/8

Suz-Q 10/9

Noodles 10/9

SharPei 10/13

Guy 10/13

Cshytle 10/13

MoniqueD 10/14

Jenfromtheburg 10/14

ncarreras 10/14

angela677 10/15

Kme 10/15

Nooshie 10/15

munkee'smommy 10/15

Oliverdog 10/16

danyett 10/16

We3601 10/19

Onikenbai 10/19

Thegerm 10/19

Mzcancer 10/20

Soexcited 10/21

erenstar983 10/21

pina3940 10/21

jenrobbar951 TBA

HDmama 10/22

Crazychica133 10/26

Idahlem72 10/27

Daria77 10/27

Barley 10/28

4girlfamily 10/29

Tina 10/29

Akmabe 10/21:biggrin:

user_online.gifreport.gif

Hi Oliverdog - Hang in there! Try going back to 2 days liquid and 2 days blended diet to maybe get you back on track. That restricted diet really helps me! The 2nd fill forced that cycle for me :)

I maintained over Christmas but got sick - so ended up losing a few more pounds due to just eating Soup. But I got my 2nd fill on January 25 - I had 2.5cc and she gave me 1cc more. Boy! That made a difference. They did the fill under xray and you could see the amount that was going through before compared to after the fill. The first day I was able to feel even Water going through - must have been swelling, because better now. But I am not eating as much. I have lost 9 pounds since Christamas and total 30 pounds. I figure 10 pounds a month is great results!

Hi Aghealty thanks for the encouragement, seem to have been much better since my fill on Friday and have lost the 1kg hanging around from Christmas already which is great!

Feeling much better and yest it does help with motivation having the fill.

Thanks agaiin :thumbup:

I would like to add my name to the list. I was banded 10/20 and couldnt be happier about it.

Please continue to add your name and date if your not on the list. Great way to keep us informed.:confused:

Happyloser 10/1

heyred1 10/1

bethany329 10/1

Timmers 10/1

Lindac80 10/1

Marfar7 10/1

Ca7696 10/2

Opus03 10/2

RedboneLA 10/3

ihavehope3 10/3

Viking_girl 10/5

leetie 10/7

Jtreece 10/8

MommyOf1 10/8

Suz-Q 10/9

Noodles 10/9

Alien Bandit 10/10

SharPei 10/13

Guy 10/13

Cshytle 10/13

MoniqueD 10/14

Jenfromtheburg 10/14

ncarreras 10/14

angela677 10/15

Kme 10/15

Nooshie 10/15

munkee'smommy 10/15

Oliverdog 10/16

danyett 10/16

We3601 10/19

Onikenbai 10/19

Thegerm 10/19

Mzcancer 10/20

LeighaMason 10/20

Soexcited 10/21

erenstar983 10/21

pina3940 10/21

jenrobbar951 TBA

HDmama 10/22

Crazychica133 10/26

Idahlem72 10/27

Daria77 10/27

Barley 10/28

4girlfamily 10/29

Tina 10/29

Akmabe 10/21:biggrin:

user_online.gifreport.gif

I added myself and Leighamason to this list.

Hello Everyone,

I can relate to many of the things you guys are going through. However, I am really, really glad I did this. It was the best investment ever. I was banded on 10/14 and so far I have lost 33.5 pounds. Gained 3 over the holidays, but they are gone now. My surgeon just gave me my 3rd fill. I am at 5cc on my 10cc band. This might be my sweet spot, as I get full with one bowl of Cereal or 2 scrambled eggs. I am now 191 pounds and can't wait to get out of the 190's for good.

My best wishes to all of you and stay motivated. It really helps me (when I'm feeling lazy) to look at people's pictures on this site...

Take care everyone!

Nora

Hi everyone!!!! I was banded on October 27th, 2009, and have only lost about 40 pounds. Although it isnt what I had HOPED, it is something. I am not jazzed, nor am I really disappointed. Afterall, I have not had a single fill yet, nor has my lifestyle changed all that much. I just sit and think about what it will be like when I am able to actually get out and exercise....

So why havent I had a single fill you ask? No, I dont have any Fluid in my band, so there is NO restriction at all. Infact, I can eat foods that I wouldnt be able to eat if I was restricted. I just eat them in moderation. Is that bad? Yes, but at this point in time, I am not worried about it.

You see, my Mom just passed six days before Christmas. Things have been really crazy around my Dad's house. I moved back home for the next couple months, and have been working out of my Dad's house. My Dad owns his own company and the books are really messed up, so I have been working 12 hour days trying to get them in order. No real time to do much of anything....

I had to cancel my fill in December because my Mom was dying. The receptionist gave me a hard time about it too. Canceling my appointment that is, and I cancelled it several days in advance. The next available appointment they had for me at the time was February 11th. So, I am due to get my first fill on February 11th, and I am excited!!

I cant wait to have restriction! I will be moving back home in April so I can start a regular exercising schedule and start to shed these pounds. Like I said, 40 pounds isnt too bad. I am happy so far. BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THEIR JOURNEY!

Happyloser 10/1

heyred1 10/1

bethany329 10/1

Timmers 10/1

Lindac80 10/1

Marfar7 10/1

Ca7696 10/2

Opus03 10/2

RedboneLA 10/3

ihavehope3 10/3

Viking_girl 10/5

leetie 10/7