Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

I was banded on October 27th, and as of last week, was approaching 30 pounds of weightloss. Unfortunately, since I have no restriction and have started eating solid foods, I have gained about 6 pounds back. I figure that after this week is over, I will work my butt off to lose those pounds and then some! I have my first fill on December 17th. Hopefully I will have some restriction and slow down my eating!!! Hope everyone had a great holiday and that you are all succeeding in your own ways!

I was banded 10/19/09 and am down 27 pounds. However, the last 2 weeks have been really tough. My appetite is back with a vengeance and I seem to be one of the not-so-lucky ones that can eat anything. I'm hoping my first fill on 12/7/09 does the trick. Otherwise it definitely seems like I've been duped and there really is no band ;-)

Hi I was banded on 16th Oct, was doing really well, had my first fill last week which went well and didnt hurt. But I keep feeling hungry and wont get another fill till just before Christmas .... help...:smile:

I can eat and drink anything too! I try hard not too! I get my first fill tomorrow and I am anxious to see if it helps. I am not straving...but when I start to eat...I feel I eat more then I should.

I am happy overall with the band and the weightloss...I just need to move my rear and start to exercise!

Have a good evening!

After my 1st fill I felt restraint while in the Dr.'s office but about an hour later I was able to eat anything.

I get my 2nd on Fri, I sure hope this works better because my hunger has returned...

:sad:

After my 1st fill I felt restraint while in the Dr.'s office but about an hour later I was able to eat anything.

I get my 2nd on Fri, I sure hope this works better because my hunger has returned...

:wink2:

Hi Redbone

Let me know how you do as I am still struggling and I am not sure if I can make my second fill late December, but am panicking because I will mess up over Christmas if I dont have it!!

I have read it takes about three days before you feel restriction so please keep us posted xx Good Luck:biggrin:

2 Surgeries and 5 days in ICU 14 days in Hospital

Hello everyone, well had my first surgery on the 29 Oct went home three days later, they keep you in the hospital in Germany a few days but that was okay. From beginning on I had bad heartburn and hicups the Doctor said normally heartburn is not a problem so I thought okay maybe it will get better. Went home on Sunday and made a Soup pureed it and it tasted so good; however after I ate I had a hard time even drinking and by Monday morning I was vomitting all over went to the Hospital and had a check to see if everything was going down they told me yes, but my Doctor wanted to see the x-ray upon his return he told me I needed a second surgery, it had slipped I just creid, but bucked up and was scheduled for the next day. Well next thing I know I'm being awaken and told that I assperated while under and it went into my lungs, and I had to spend the next 5 days in ICU tuff days. This was hell but I came too dam far to not leave without the band. The Doctor explained he won't know if he can re do it until he goes in but if theres no irratations and the stomach looks good he will do it. So on the 9th of November they preformed the second surgery and when I woke the Doctor informed me I WAS A BANDIT !!!!!! was it tuff hell yes, but worth it hell yes. The pain was not to much and I went back to work last week. Doing fine lost about 17 lbs but the last week haven't lost more and I'm retaining Water. But am glad to be on this side and my eating is less but I thought it would be even lesser. I'm eating about 65% of my normal portion size. Hope everyone else is doing fine and are there other section you all are posting?

Hi Tina

I hope your feeling better you have had a tough time getting banded. No it isnt easy but I suppose we are the right side of the scales now, at least going down all be it slowly!! lol..... It took me years to put on mine so as long as it comes off I have got to the stage where I dont mind if its not overnight.

I dont know where everyone has gone, they must all be working hard and not finding it easy like us..

Come all you October Bandsters lets get back on and share our thoughts and support one another. No-one said it would be easy XX

Oliverdog,

My Doctor said the first three months he doesn't fill and than he puts 1cc in, don't know is that a normal amount?

I have my 1 month checkup next week I think my German is good enough to convince him that I'm not waiting 3 months. I eat less but still a good amount so I would like it filled. How is your restriction can you share with me what portion size you eat and how much at one setting? Are you able to get a second fill before x-mas? how much was your first fill? I'm not so worried how much I lose or how fast I didnt gain those 75lbs overnight and won't lose them overnight either, I just want some restriction to fill up a bit faster. Well I hope everyone has some time to post every now and than or if they are posting else where to let us know.

Hi everyone!...... I will be getting my second fill on dec 14... I can't wait, I feel no restriction after the first one so I am using mostly willpower, I don't know how long i can keep it up lol. If i had will power I would not have needed the band in the first place...... I am sticking to 3 small meals that are sometimes more than a cup each.... and going to the gym (I hate every second i am there!) went 4 times last week and only lost 1 lb!.....I know 1 is better than none but I didnt work out at all the week before and lost a pound. I am still very happy with the band tho If I didnt have it it I would have given up by now and would have started gaining by now.

Danyett:thumbup:

Danyett,

When did you have your first fill? I saw your going to have your second fill already, my Doctor says the first fill is in 3 months, I'm going crazy it will be 4 weeks in 3 days and I wish I was getting one atleast by the 6th week. I see him next week so I will plead to have it sooner. My portion are also 1 cup or more its a lot less but still quite a bit. Yeah, I hear you on the will power thing I dont have so much at times. Have a nice weekend.

I had my first fill nov 16th exactly one month out...... my doc does them one month out and once a month til good restriction..... maybe soon if u need it.

Thanks Danyett I will see my doctor mid week so I will see but he normally waits on the first one at 3 months maybe I can get on at two months will see.

So it's been a while: here's my update

I was banded Oct 3rd in TJ Mexico

I had my 1st fill Nov. 6th & my 2nd Dec. 4th.

My band holds 5 cc's. I received 2.5 on the 1st & 1.5 on the 2nd. I now have 4 cc's in my band.

The 1st time around I was able to eat & felt little restriction. This time around I feel a lot of restriction & I am so excited. I don't eat that much before I feel satisfied.

I cut my protien intake in half.

My old clothes fit & some are baggy on me.

I feel great about my loss but you know us ladies we are never satisfied...

I hope everyone else is doing great and continued success in your weight loss!

So here's my update. I was banded on Oct. 23, 2009. My pre-op weight was 294. I am now 265. 29lbs lost since surgery. I have lost 3 inches on my waist. I'm down 2 sizes in clothing. I finally got rid of some of my heavier clothes yesterday because they were just way to baggy on me. I got my first fill on Dec. 3 and I do feel some restriction. Even though they only put 2cc in my band. My next fill is Jan. 13. All around I am feeling pretty good. I'm really not feeling hungry in between meals. I have pretty much turned off the head hunger sign. Once and awhile it will get the best of me, but I do NOT give in.

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holiday. Stay strong and don't let food control you. You control the food!!

I was banded 10/19/09 and am down 27 pounds. However, the last 2 weeks have been really tough. My appetite is back with a vengeance and I seem to be one of the not-so-lucky ones that can eat anything. I'm hoping my first fill on 12/7/09 does the trick. Otherwise it definitely seems like I've been duped and there really is no band ;-)

Hahaha...totally understand the being duped part. If it werent for seeing the band on the x-ray machine, the day after surgery, I wouldnt think there was one in me either.....lol.