Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

Hello Everyone...if your name is not here why dont you copy and paste then add your name and date!

Happyloser 10/1

bethany329 10/1

Timmers 10/1

Lindac80 10/1

Marfar7 10/1

Ca7696 10/2

Opus03 10/2

RedboneLA 10/3

ihavehope3 10/3

Viking_girl 10/5

O-2BTHIN 19/07/2009

leetie 10/7

Jtreece 10/8

MommyOf1 10/8

Suz-Q 10/9

Noodles 10/9

SharPei 10/13

Guy 10/13

Cshytle 10/13

MoniqueD 10/14

Jenfromtheburg 10/14

ncarreras 10/14

okiegirl79 10/14

Kme 10/15

Nooshie 10/15

Oliverdog 10/16

danyett 10/16

We3601 10/19

Onikenbai 10/19

1019Joanne 10/19

Mzcancer 10/20

Soexcited 10/21

erenstar983 10/21

pina3940 10/21

jenrobbar951 10/27

HDmama 10/22

Crazychica133 10/26

Idahlem72 10/27

Daria77 10/27

Barley 10/28

4girlfamily 10/29

Tina Schweitzer 10/29

questions09 10/14

Chatty826 10/29

Hello Everyone...if your name is not here why dont you copy and paste then add your name and date!

Happyloser 10/1

bethany329 10/1

Timmers 10/1

Lindac80 10/1

Marfar7 10/1

Ca7696 10/2

Opus03 10/2

RedboneLA 10/3

ihavehope3 10/3

Viking_girl 10/5

O-2BTHIN 19/07/2009

leetie 10/7

karenkeeline 10/8

Jtreece 10/8

MommyOf1 10/8

Suz-Q 10/9

Noodles 10/9

SharPei 10/13

Guy 10/13

Cshytle 10/13

MoniqueD 10/14

Jenfromtheburg 10/14

ncarreras 10/14

okiegirl79 10/14

Kme 10/15

Nooshie 10/15

Oliverdog 10/16

danyett 10/16

We3601 10/19

Onikenbai 10/19

1019Joanne 10/19

Mzcancer 10/20

Soexcited 10/21

erenstar983 10/21

pina3940 10/21

jenrobbar951 10/27

HDmama 10/22

Crazychica133 10/26

Idahlem72 10/27

Daria77 10/27

Barley 10/28

4girlfamily 10/29

Tina Schweitzer 10/29

questions09 10/14

Chatty826 10/29

Just wanting to check in....banded 10/22 - still haven't had a fill (scheduled for one on Wednesday). I've got mixed feelings about it - I don't seem to have the unbearable hunger that most people talk about. I do have days where I'm more hungry than others, but it's not terrible. Perhaps they'll just give me a small fill? I measure all my food and never eat more than 1/2 cup - could I? Probably, but I don't even attempt it - and while I'm not hungry, I wouldn't say I get "full" either...I just stop because I've measured it out - so perhaps a small fill will change that?

I've lost 19 pounds since day of surgery, but 57 pounds since my first consult in July - so overall, I'm VERY happy.

Good luck to everyone around the holidays - I know it can be tough to resist all the goodies - but when you are tempted, look up the calories - that should turn you off, LOL.

Happyloser 10/1

bethany329 10/1

Timmers 10/1

Lindac80 10/1

Marfar7 10/1

Ca7696 10/2

Opus03 10/2

RedboneLA 10/3

ihavehope3 10/3

Viking_girl 10/5

O-2BTHIN 19/07/2009

leetie 10/7

Jtreece 10/8

MommyOf1 10/8

Suz-Q 10/9

Noodles 10/9

SharPei 10/13

Guy 10/13

Cshytle 10/13

MoniqueD 10/14

Jenfromtheburg 10/14

ncarreras 10/14

okiegirl79 10/14

Kme 10/15

Nooshie 10/15

Oliverdog 10/16

danyett 10/16

We3601 10/19

Onikenbai 10/19

1019Joanne 10/19

Mzcancer 10/20

Soexcited 10/21

erenstar983 10/21

pina3940 10/21

jenrobbar951 10/27

HDmama 10/22

Crazychica133 10/26

Idahlem72 10/27

Daria77 10/27

Barley 10/28

4girlfamily 10/29

Tina Schweitzer 10/29

questions09 10/14

Chatty826 10/29

__________________Pipedoc 10/6

Hey October Bandsters,

Just a recap, banded on 10/19 -- For the last 3+ weeks, I could swear they didn't band me. I was constantly hungry and could eat anything. Although I'm down a total of 23 pounds, I gained back 2-3 in these last few weeks.

I got my first fill yesterday (7 weeks out) and the plan calls for liquids the day of the fill as well as 2 days after, mushies for 2 days and then a "regular" diet. Anyone else have similar instructions when receiving a fill? They put 2.5 cc in my 10 cc band and I do feel some slight restriction, however, my tummy is still rumbling for food :thumbup:

I'm already scheduled for my second fill on 1/5/10. I really hope I have some restriction through the holidays!

Hey there! I was banded on 10/8/09 and lost 20 lbs afterwards. I have now been battling with the same 5 lbs up and down for the past 3 or 4 weeks! I wasn't able to get my fill a couple of weeks ago (he poked me like 8 times!) so I'm going in on Thursday to have it done under flouroscopy. I am too able to eat anything and I pretty much have been. Scary and frustrating worrying that this band isn't gonna work!

Hey October Bandsters,

Just a recap, banded on 10/19 -- For the last 3+ weeks, I could swear they didn't band me. I was constantly hungry and could eat anything. Although I'm down a total of 23 pounds, I gained back 2-3 in these last few weeks.

I got my first fill yesterday (7 weeks out) and the plan calls for liquids the day of the fill as well as 2 days after, mushies for 2 days and then a "regular" diet. Anyone else have similar instructions when receiving a fill? They put 2.5 cc in my 10 cc band and I do feel some slight restriction, however, my tummy is still rumbling for food :wub:

I'm already scheduled for my second fill on 1/5/10. I really hope I have some restriction through the holidays!

I have the same instructions for when I get mine. I have mine on December 17th.....nearly TWO months after surgery. I can hardly wait to have some restriction, because right now, I dont have ANY! Best of luck!:thumbup:

I'm told the same thing too but if you chew it well enough you can skip the liquid/mushy diet stuff...

But, go slow & chew, chew, chew

hey peeps,

how are you all doing? i haven't been on the site too much lately. i had my second fill yesterday. My first fill was 3ccs....yesterday she put in another 2 cc's. I'm feeling restriction, though yesterday when I was there, my tummy was very bloated from my lunch, so i didn't know if what i was feeling was restriction, or just discomfort.

HDMAMA, you're amazing to only be eating 1/2 cup of food and measuring it out. I try to eyeball it, but I know that I sometimes have more...but i'm not tempted for all the goodies like I used to be pre-band. Here at my office, they've got the candy and Cookies and all that right here, but i'm not even interested, and this, is miraculous!

I've lost a total of 30 pounds (including pre-op) since October 1. The last 2-3 weeks has been just dealing with an up/down thing hovering back and forth over a 2 pound loss...but I think it's good now.

oh! I have to tell you a negative behavior that came up the other day. So it's late at night, my husband and daughter are in bed. I'm working on my jewelry orders...and I walk into the kitchen, open the cupboard and there in front of me are some mini candy bars left from halloween (my husband's stash). You have to picture it. I get the bag, pull out an almond joy and take it back to my work table....and then i woke up. it was soooo weird. it was one of those "what are you doing!?" I put the candy bar back and just talked to myself to see what was going on. It was an old behavior that was coming back (the ghost of christmas past?). but it was mindless...totally. I felt good for saying no to it. :)

But since "sneaking" was part of my past, I wanted to post it here.

So how are you all doing?

Nooshie - I feel like I have to measure, otherwise, I'm sure I'd be eating too much (like I said, I don't necessarily get "full", I just get "not hungry" - and it would be easy to not recognize that if I didn't measure :))

I can totally relate to the mindless eating thing - I find myself opening a cabinet in the evening, just out of habit....luckily as soon as it's open and I see the "cabinet of carbs" (LOL) - I come to my senses and realize I have no reason to be looking in there for anything.

I wish I could say that all the holiday treats floating around here weren't tempting for me....but that's not the case....I just have to have tunnel vision and keep on walking...I just have to hide in my office :). I haven't given in to the urge to have the stuff, but man, it doesn't make it any easier seeing it every time I step out my door.

Hi Nooshie,

I have lost 20 lbs since I was banded on October 1st. My surgeon recommended I not get a fill until until I stop losing weight for 3 weeks. He also recommended that I do not measure my food, just make sure I stick to the rules. I was losing about 1 - 2 lbs per week in the beginning and now I have been losing about 2 lbs per week since I started doing an hour of cardio 4-5 x per week.

Rarely do I feel hungry. Maybe because I live in a controlled environment where I do not allow ice cream, candy, etc. in the house. I think if I had kids and that stuff was around, I would be in trouble. Well maybe I would feel the need to get fills at least.

Glad both of you have had the willpower to walk away when surrounded by tempting food.

Hi everyone! I was banded on 10/14. I have lost 27 pounds so far. Looking forward to that 30 pound mark. got my first fill 2 weeks ago. No I feel more restricted. I am scheduled for a 2nd fill in January. So far, I am losing about 1.5 pounds per week. That is exactly what I expected, so anything over that is a bonus. Still have 47 pounds to go. Although last week I reached the under 200 mark!!! That was so great!

The hardest part is going out at night and not eating. I get really hungry at night. Other than that, I love the band.

Happy Holidays to All!!!

I was scheduled to have my first fill yesterday....unfortunately, I had to cancel the appointment. The woman who does the appointments gave me a hard time about cancelling too. She kept asking me if I was sure that I wanted to cancel. That the next available appointment wouldnt be for TWO months. I told her that my Mother was dying and that I would be out of town and that I HAD to cancel because I wasnt making a three hour drive there for the fill and a three hour drive back to my parent's house. She still gave me attitude and told me that people were canceling appointments because of the holidays. SO WHAT?! That wasnt my reason for canceling. My Mother is DYING!!!! Scheduled for a fill on February 11th. The soonest the surgeon's office offered to get me in. How nice of them....jerks!! Lost a total of 31 pounds so far. ONLY one pant size though. That is frustrating, but weightloss is weightloss. I will take it! Happy Holidays to all!

I was scheduled to have my first fill yesterday....unfortunately, I had to cancel the appointment. The woman who does the appointments gave me a hard time about cancelling too. She kept asking me if I was sure that I wanted to cancel. That the next available appointment wouldnt be for TWO months. I told her that my Mother was dying and that I would be out of town and that I HAD to cancel because I wasnt making a three hour drive there for the fill and a three hour drive back to my parent's house. She still gave me attitude and told me that people were canceling appointments because of the holidays. SO WHAT?! That wasnt my reason for canceling. My Mother is DYING!!!! Scheduled for a fill on February 11th. The soonest the surgeon's office offered to get me in. How nice of them....jerks!! Lost a total of 31 pounds so far. ONLY one pant size though. That is frustrating, but weightloss is weightloss. I will take it! Happy Holidays to all!

So sorry to hear about your mother. As for your doctors office. Some are just in it for the money. There are few that actually care. When things calm down for you I would call them before your Feb. appointment and see if they can fit you in for a fill. Until them make sure you eat high Protein foods to keep you full longer.

Dear October bandsters

I too was banded on October 27 and I am content with my lapband; reason being that prior to my surgery I read up on the expectations,pros and cons etc. Slow weight loss is expected but you must also exercise!!!!!

Pre op weight: 261

10/27/09 weight: 247

11/17/09 weight: 241

12/15/09 weight: 232-1st fill was scheduled but since I am losing weight correctly-2lbs per week I was able to eliminate my first fill. Keep the faith everyone. I'm happy that I had it done!!!:smile2: