Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

Still waiting on my therapist to release me. According to my physch eval I need to have the skills and support for post op. Well I dont talk about anything but my boyfriends kid and my issues with him instead of what I need to talk about and that is how I am gonna be able to deal with any stress that may happen after my surgery. Well since I started seeing her. I got laid off and I have not gained weight or changed my eating habits. I am more active now that I was when I worked. I bought a house and that can be stressful in and of itself and I have not gained weight. What the hell do I need her for and why wont she clear me. I get more support from this web site then I get from her...

I got my insurance approval today!!! Aetna gave it w/o my family dr's reports & with just 30 minute review of my records.

I already have a surgery date of October 8th & started my 2 week liver shrinking diet yesterday. :scared2:

Getting closer for me! I start my pre op diet in 6 days AND my hubbie is getting banded this Wednesday! 5 days away!

Yesterday I finished shopping for surgery: little plates & cups, toddler spoons & forks, loose pajamas, ice cube trays to freeze Clear Liquids and other soft foods, measuring devices, gas-x, puzzles, Protein supplements from my doctor's office, etc. Two more weeks!!! I am soooo ready!

Yesterday I finished shopping for surgery: little plates & cups, toddler spoons & forks, loose pajamas, ice cube trays to freeze Clear Liquids and other soft foods, measuring devices, gas-x, puzzles, Protein supplements from my doctor's office, etc. Two more weeks!!! I am soooo ready!

wooohoooo.... I am about half way done with my shopping list... I start my pre-op diet monday.

I got my insurance approval today!!! Aetna gave it w/o my family dr's reports & with just 30 minute review of my records.

I already have a surgery date of October 8th & started my 2 week liver shrinking diet yesterday. :(

I have surgery on the same day so I'm wishing you lots of luck. I am on day 3 of the diet. Much easier today than the past two.

wooohoooo.... I am about half way done with my shopping list... I start my pre-op diet monday.

Hey Danyett-

I hope you're enjoying your last weekend before the diet. I do not regret having a few good things before I started. I definitely gets easier after a couple days but I am sick of the Protein Shakes. I'm not craving anything but I'm definitely not going to put myself into a position right now to be around food I love so no trips to bakeries or the movies. Or they may wonder why that crazy woman is licking the glass and crying....LOL

I'm starting the liquid diet on October 1, so went to costco to buy the Premiere Protein Shakes that are recommended at our support group meetings at St. Joseph's. 30 grms Protein per shake.

Next weekend is my aunt's 70th bday party, and i'll be doing the liquid thing...so that's going to be a little tough, but it'll be okay.

I'm excited. Can't wait for the 15th. I'm ready.

my date is october 19, i have finished all the pre test...not fun..and i am waiting on approval from my insurance, my doctors office is going to submit on wednesday...that is making me freak a little. other than that i am totally excited, most people in my life are very supportive, all though some are giving me the crazy eye. like why dont you just try diet and exercise.....i say omg i never thought of that!!!! some people just dont get it and never will. i am excited i found someone with a close date to mine

Hey Danyett-

I hope you're enjoying your last weekend before the diet. I do not regret having a few good things before I started. I definitely gets easier after a couple days but I am sick of the Protein Shakes. I'm not craving anything but I'm definitely not going to put myself into a position right now to be around food I love so no trips to bakeries or the movies. Or they may wonder why that crazy woman is licking the glass and crying....LOL

lmao......I am enjoying my weekend for sure!... I am a baker so ...cakes, Cookies, muffins, and bread oh my:ohmy:......lol.I can do it!:seeya:

Danyett, Good luck with your pre-op diet. One last step to being banded!!! My doctor does not require a pre-op diet, so I am planning on just cutting down the last 2-3 days... Wow, you are a baker! You must have a lot of will power!!! Good luck with everything!:seeya:

I am set for 15 Oct and I start my 2 week Optifast diet in 4 days...unfortunately, I keep eating everything in sight! I need to change my mindset as I AM going to commit to the new me!

I am so jealous of you guys with no pre op diet at all. I am on 3 full weeks of straight CLEAR liquids. The only creamy anything I can have is 2 Protein Shakes a day. My husband is on it now, surgery is THIS Wednesday (so he still has 3 ull days) and he has lost 20 pounds! My pre op diet starts the day of his surgery.

lmao......I am enjoying my weekend for sure!... I am a baker so ...cakes, Cookies, muffins, and bread oh my:ohmy:......lol.I can do it!:seeya:

Oh, those sound so good. I'm a sucker for baked goods. I love cream horns. Anything with vanilla frosting. I don't think I enjoyed food more than my last days before my diet cause I didn't feel guilty because I knew the change was coming. I usually eat and feel so guilty and think everyone is looking at me thinking "yeah, she needs that" but I didn't care a bit. Good luck tomorrow!

Edited by jtreece