Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good Morning Gang...

Got home yesterday - didn't have to go to work as my plane was delayed and when I called to tell gf/supervisor - and telling her about my trip (cried) I didn't have to come in - good thing cuz I ran to DHS and bought food for the kids - saw the apt and came home and vegged.. I never turned on the t.v.

Linda glad you made it home safe - Bacelo has a place in Punta Canta - but since that's the dominican I wouldn't good - Haiti on the other side of the island went to jamacia once wasn't a good experience - not super bad but they really try and rip you off there. so I won't go back

Phyl sorry you are feeling crappy - Ya I was thinking the same thing - almost stopped by yesterday but I was pooped and needed to get home to my doggies.. Debbie did a good job but I needed to see them..

Karla - Don't know what my mom would be like - but most likely mean too. Hugs.. Candice is right about the fact that they most likely had crappy parents..

Candice - how's the voice - saying on plan - WTG

Well I have to detox sugar ;0) - I have boot camp tonite - should help ;0)

Well it's already 5;30 need to jump in the shower ...

CBL

Hi, Just a quick post to let you know that I'm back. Punta Cana was wonderful. Beautiful property and beach; food not so good, so I didn't overeat; but drinks, well, that's another story :hi: Staff much friendlier in Mexico. Overall, I prefer Rivera Maya--a lot shorter ride all cramped up in an airplane. Yesterday was a rude awakening--back to work--millions of emails and all of that. . .

I hope to be able to "catch up" on your posts from last week. I do know from FB that Candice had a sad week, I'm so sorry. It was just about a year ago that we did the same to Katie. Soooooo sad. Didn't you have Woody put down last year too?

Phyl--sounds like you're still having issues. Now a fever? What about your grandson who was injured playing FB? I caught a bit of the Packer game in the airport in Punta Cana--not so many points for Aaron this week? At least it looks like he wasn't injured too badly. What about the Vikings? Brett pulled out, and yesterday I head they let Randy Moss go. Not that I like the Vikings, but THAT was a good decision!

Janet--how are things going with your sister? Are we still on for March 14? I better start looking for flights. . . Always gotta have something to look forward to!

Karla--how are your classes? Still struggling with APA? And your daughters? What's up with them? Are you still wroking outside, or is it too cold now? I must say that while it's in the 50's here, it was refreshing after 90's and 100% humidity! Actually, the weather was tolerable at the beach, but our room was musty-smelling and no air movement at all except for the barely working AC. It was beautifully decorated however.

Phyl: So glad you enjoyed your MERLOT, yes it was medicial honey so no guilt there... HUGS on your pain, I don`t know what to say perhaps Spinal Decompression with traction? That and LASER therapy helped my back/sciatica

Karla; you work away girl, we know you are online in spirit.. gotta meet those deadlines, we understand.

Linda: Glad you are home, sorry about the food.. I am surprised cause that was a 4.5 star place???? really weird!

I thought you had already BOOKED your Mar flight"?/"$$&/$$%"/? Get on with it girl, you don`t want all the flights takemn on school holiday week.

Janet: You o.k.? probably wiped out from your trip, but we wanna hear all about it.:)

Ah Phyl, there is nothing more frustrating that feeling crappy and there being nothing the dr. can find. It doesn't mean there is nothing, just the docs couldn't find it. crap. So what did the doc say about your fever? just viral on that is well? As they say, getting older is not for whimps. So what is the next plan of attach? Get the x-ray done and go from there. You can't live in pain all the time, let the doc know how it is impacting your life. how exercise is difficult with the pain. Insist that they find a solution. You go girl, we are right behind you, ducking naturally, but behind you none the less.

No fever last night. At least none that I can remember! LOL

When I got back I took a glass of wine next door.. ladies were sitting outside visiting and having some wine. Earl thought that was the best medicine, so he brought me the rest of the bottle!! Men soon joined us and we were there a couple of hours! Came home, had dinner and I fell asleep until 9:30 p.m.!

Neck is still a little sore, back has been fine the last two weeks. We'll see what the spine doc has to say when I go back to see him next week, but MRI shows nothing glaring. A little nerve impingement on one side, which is undoubtedly causing the sciatic pain when it comes.

Hi, Just a quick post to let you know that I'm back. Punta Cana was wonderful. Beautiful property and beach; food not so good, so I didn't overeat; but drinks, well, that's another story :hi: Staff much friendlier in Mexico. Overall, I prefer Rivera Maya--a lot shorter ride all cramped up in an airplane. Yesterday was a rude awakening--back to work--millions of emails and all of that. . .

I hope to be able to "catch up" on your posts from last week. I do know from FB that Candice had a sad week, I'm so sorry. It was just about a year ago that we did the same to Katie. Soooooo sad. Didn't you have Woody put down last year too?

Phyl--sounds like you're still having issues. Now a fever? What about your grandson who was injured playing FB? I caught a bit of the Packer game in the airport in Punta Cana--not so many points for Aaron this week? At least it looks like he wasn't injured too badly. What about the Vikings? Brett pulled out, and yesterday I head they let Randy Moss go. Not that I like the Vikings, but THAT was a good decision!

Janet--how are things going with your sister? Are we still on for March 14? I better start looking for flights. . . Always gotta have something to look forward to!

Karla--how are your classes? Still struggling with APA? And your daughters? What's up with them? Are you still wroking outside, or is it too cold now? I must say that while it's in the 50's here, it was refreshing after 90's and 100% humidity! Actually, the weather was tolerable at the beach, but our room was musty-smelling and no air movement at all except for the barely working AC. It was beautifully decorated however.

Glad you had a good vacation!

DGS is in a soft cast or brace or something. I think he sees the ortho guy again next week. They haven't yet decided if surgery is needed, but if you got a look at the x-ray I posted, it sure doesn't look to me like it will heal right without surgery.

Uh oh... it's past 8:30 a.m. and I decided I'm going back to Water aerobics today so I better run. Have to get back to this later!

Good Morning Gang...

Got home yesterday - didn't have to go to work as my plane was delayed and when I called to tell gf/supervisor - and telling her about my trip (cried) I didn't have to come in - good thing cuz I ran to DHS and bought food for the kids - saw the apt and came home and vegged.. I never turned on the t.v.

Linda glad you made it home safe - Bacelo has a place in Punta Canta - but since that's the dominican I wouldn't good - Haiti on the other side of the island went to jamacia once wasn't a good experience - not super bad but they really try and rip you off there. so I won't go back

Phyl sorry you are feeling crappy - Ya I was thinking the same thing - almost stopped by yesterday but I was pooped and needed to get home to my doggies.. Debbie did a good job but I needed to see them..

Karla - Don't know what my mom would be like - but most likely mean too. Hugs.. Candice is right about the fact that they most likely had crappy parents..

CBL

Phyl: So glad you enjoyed your MERLOT, yes it was medicial honey so no guilt there... HUGS on your pain, I don`t know what to say perhaps Spinal Decompression with traction? That and LASER therapy helped my back/sciatica

Karla; you work away girl, we know you are online in spirit.. gotta meet those deadlines, we understand.

Linda: Glad you are home, sorry about the food.. I am surprised cause that was a 4.5 star place???? really weird!

I thought you had already BOOKED your Mar flight"?/"$$&/$$%"/? Get on with it girl, you don`t want all the flights takemn on school holiday week.

Janet: You o.k.? probably wiped out from your trip, but we wanna hear all about it.:)

Good Morning Gang...

You don't have to worry about Dominican Republic, its NOT connected to HAITI socially, or economically... in fact the DR won't let any immigrants IN FROM HAITI... they are very protective of their tourist economy.. but it was unfortunate that Linda didn't like the food at that resort... bummer as it was a 4.5 star rating??##$%

ah, I bet you DID miss them - nice of Debbie to pet sit for you ... she is a good friend.

Um, the voice is starting to come back, havn't tried to 'sing' on it yet though,... just gonna leave it until THurs afternoon when I HAVE to sing at our gig.

CBL

No fever last night. At least none that I can remember! LOL

When I got back I took a glass of wine next door.. ladies were sitting outside visiting and having some wine. Earl thought that was the best medicine, so he brought me the rest of the bottle!! Men soon joined us and we were there a couple of hours! Came home, had dinner and I fell asleep until 9:30 p.m.!

Neck is still a little sore, back has been fine the last two weeks. We'll see what the spine doc has to say when I go back to see him next week, but MRI shows nothing glaring. A little nerve impingement on one side, which is undoubtedly causing the sciatic pain when it comes.

Glad you had a good vacation!

DGS is in a soft cast or brace or something. I think he sees the ortho guy again next week. They haven't yet decided if surgery is needed, but if you got a look at the x-ray I posted, it sure doesn't look to me like it will heal right without surgery.

Uh oh... it's past 8:30 a.m. and I decided I'm going back to Water aerobics today so I better run. Have to get back to this later!

Phyl ; I got that recipe for you ... Crustless pumpkin Pie i got it from a WW site long time ago... I make it all the time, one way for me to get in my veggies!!!

1 can (14 oz) Pure Pumpkin

1 can (14 pz) Fat Free Evaporated Milk

2 eggs ( or substitue egg beaters or egg white)

1 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon

1 Tsp Ginger

1/2 tsp Vanilla

1/2 tsp Allspice, Cloves, Nutmeg ( each)

1/2 tsp Salt (if you wish)

1 cup of SPLENDA

Preheat oven to 350F, I use a very large pan with 1" of HOT water in it.

Then I fill individual RAMKINS (1/2 cup size)

It makes 6 - 7 servings...

Combine ingredients and mix well;

Bake for 45 mins. or until KNIFE inserted in centre comes out clean.

just a sec I'll get the calories for you

Pumpkin Custard

Serving Size: 1 serving

Report incorrect nutrition info

spacer.gifspacer.gif

Amount Per Serving

spacer.gif Calories115.0spacer.gif Total Fat2.4 gspacer.gif Saturated Fat0.9 gspacer.gif Polyunsaturated Fat0.7 gspacer.gif Monounsaturated Fat0.6 gspacer.gif Trans Fat0.0 gspacer.gif Cholesterol3.7 mgspacer.gif Sodium100.3 mgspacer.gif Potassium371.3 mgspacer.gif Total Carbohydrate16.8 gspacer.gif Dietary Fiber2.3 gspacer.gif Sugars10.9 gspacer.gif Protein7.4 gspacer.gif Vitamin A256.3 %spacer.gif Vitamin B-124.6 %spacer.gif Vitamin B-63.2 %spacer.gif Vitamin C6.3 %spacer.gif Vitamin D4.1 %spacer.gif Vitamin E5.4 %spacer.gif Calcium9.4 %spacer.gif Copper5.0 %spacer.gif Folate4.5 %spacer.gif Iron11.3 %spacer.gif Magnesium7.1 %spacer.gif Manganese6.2 %spacer.gif Niacin1.9 %spacer.gif Pantothenic Acid 16.1 %spacer.gif Phosphorus 11.9 %spacer.gif Riboflavin14.2 %spacer.gif Selenium17.0 %spacer.gif Thiamin5.5 %spacer.gif Zinc5.7 %spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

spacer.gifspacer.gif

np8_close.jpg

Edited by peaches9
more stuff

Food today: 1 slice WW bread, 1 tsp marg, 1 soft boiled egg

Lunch: Protien shake

Snk: 3 pcs chicken Jerky (80 cals)

Dinner: 3 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup mixed veg and rice

SnK: for later will be my Fake pumpkin pie

Exercise for today: 45 Min hike in the woods with Peter and Bridget... sweating, some of it was Up hill. LOL

weight coming down, inch by inch... lot of Water retention last night though, I had a CUP of chicken boullion instead of a tea yest.... too much freeking salt.. will have to buy a Low sodium version I think.

Janet: so you had a little bit of a treat on the weekend, I know you will bust you behind burnign it off I have no worries... that's the great thing about being on maintenance eh?? I couldn't trust myself right now... just doing good, day by day.

How was your sister? Was she receptive to you?? Did you have a good heart to heart with her?

here's another good (sneak your veggies in) recipe for dessert

Stewed Rhubarb & Pudding

as much rhubarb as you like

package of vanilla FFSF pudding mix

2 cups Fat Free MILK

Splenda

Boil rhubarb with a tiny bit of Water, add some SPLENDA to cut the tartness. Boil the rhubarb until its nice and mushy, add 2 cups milk and pudding mix... mix together , or just put the rhubarb on top .....mmmmmmm good:tt2:

Hey Mid term elections for you guys.... are you all getting out to Vote???

News bulletin!! Elyse and the boyfriend just rented a house on their own!!! Pray that it is okay. The boyfriend APPEARS to have a full time job. I did talk with her about if it didn't work that she needed to make sure she took all her stuff. We swapped beds, I have a queen and she had a full. I have been thinking about a full sized one for some time, so the switch works for me. The part I didn't plan on was that the boyfriend smokes in the house and her bed reeks like cigarettes. Now you know I smoke, but NEVER inside and definitely not near my bed, I can't stand the smell of smoke. I know, weird. Hopefully some Febreese works and then I will Shampoo it when I am laid up, or maybe before if I have time. She is moving everything out of my house...you know what that means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a whole another craft room. I will be able to move my big quilting frame and machine into its own room!!!

I love you all, but only have a few minutes, need to get back to work, TTFN

News bulletin!! Elyse and the boyfriend just rented a house on their own!!! Pray that it is okay. The boyfriend APPEARS to have a full time job. I did talk with her about if it didn't work that she needed to make sure she took all her stuff. We swapped beds, I have a queen and she had a full. I have been thinking about a full sized one for some time, so the switch works for me. The part I didn't plan on was that the boyfriend smokes in the house and her bed reeks like cigarettes. Now you know I smoke, but NEVER inside and definitely not near my bed, I can't stand the smell of smoke. I know, weird. Hopefully some Febreese works and then I will Shampoo it when I am laid up, or maybe before if I have time. She is moving everything out of my house...you know what that means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a whole another craft room. I will be able to move my big quilting frame and machine into its own room!!! I love you all, but only have a few minutes, need to get back to work, TTFN

WOW!! That's a big step!! It will be good for you! Sorry about the bed, though. Kind of dangerous to smoke in the bedroom, I think!

3_10_3v.gif

Hey Mid term elections for you guys.... are you all getting out to Vote???

WA state votes by mail so we mailed our ballots last week.

Very anxious to see the results, but that takes a while in WA!! Not happy about what I see in NY state so far!!

8_4_24v.gif

Saw new GYN doc today and she is changing some of my meds. She is from Iran. I really like her.

Beading classes started but I could only stay 90 minutes because of the dr appt, so I have a long way to go to finish my bracelet!!

Drive by post it's 8:20 and I need to eat ;0)

I vote by mail - did it a week or so ago... Haven't really heard what's up yet -

Sis was fine - she hugged kissed me said she loved me.. - Visit good - nothing to write home about - nice to be around the family - just a visit really sad cuz it could be my last - don't know when I will be able to get back up there...

Ya I had some halloween candy - but I usually eat sweets when not at home - not sweating it....

I had boot camp tonite - but didn't work out super hard as my tail bone still hurts from the fall on Friday - in fact sitting on some frozen veggies ;0)

It took me about 1 yr to get use to maintenance - but gotta say I pretty much have a handle on it - #1 - can't ever go back to eating normal again - my normal is what made me fat in the 1st place. - that and lack of exercise - I will have to eat healthy for the rest of my life and exercise.. That's the secert to getting to goal and maintaining it..

Karla - Sounds like a deal - you and me empty nesters ;0)...

Phyl - what med's did she change - how's your neck

Janet, I don't think there is much worse than a sore tailbone. You can't sit comfortably, enjoy your veggies.

I love being an empty nester!!!

Didn't watch any of the election. Actually realized that I can't vote where I use to because I moved and I wasn't up for finding out where I had to vote, so skipped it. Not very civic reminded, but that's today's reality.

Hope you all have a good day!!

Good Morning Peeps...

Lets see how long I can type before Bella starts bugging me..

Karla - the only reason I voted was cuz I am a permanent mail in voter - hell - I didn't care for either pple for gov - imho they are all full of crap... I hopefully vote out local city council - hate professional politicians..

Well here's Bella - I can't type when she's scratching me and won't sit still in my lap..

My tail bone really doesn't hurt to sit - I feel it a little when I bend over to pick something off the floor - it's bruised.. So I am babying it..

Morning Girls; I am so glad you visit went well Janet. I am sure she really appreciated the effort you made to get up there. Bella.... what a sweetie!!! You are lucky to have them all clammoring about you... miss my Twig so bad!! I've just about worn the SPOTS of of Bridget... I never put her down. She's been getting walked so much she's pooped!!

Karla: Whoo-hoo, now you will have a "GUEST" room, don't junk it up to much with crafts!!! LOL

She's a big girl, and she has the right to make her decisions, Let GO and Let GOD... its in His hands .. right??

Phyl: o.k. I'm curious too, what meds did the GYN doctor change???

Linda; I know you are still catching up from being away, sometimes it feels like you never even left! I still haven't gotten that note you sent me in the mail... guess we shouldn't trust snail mail. LOL

Well, a relaxing day here... going to the gym, laundry, make something nice for dinner... Got my South Beach cookbook out last night.. so I might try something from there.

Have a great day everyone!!!

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg972/89/36/81

Tuesday totals:

Edited by peaches9
cal totals

Candice - it's hard to type on the computer with her scratching me - can't wait till you come and you can train her :0) ...

Linda - I still have emails to work on - it's hell coming back from vacation. I hope our resort is nice - this will be my 1st all inclusive.. I'm glad that Melissa speaks spanish too ;0)..

Phyl - Water arobic's this morning..

Karla's at school - have a good day -

I need to get to work - cbl

Candice - it's hard to type on the computer with her scratching me - can't wait till you come and you can train her :0) ...

LOL, that is funny... I'll try to train her if you like... Bridget is really bad on the leash... cause Peter's let her PULL and PULL ...when he walked the 2 of them it was on a TANDUM lead... and I think each dog was compeeting with the other for FIRST position... so now I have to RE-train Bridget to walk WITH me, not PULL me on HER walk... then if that works I have to convince Peter to 'follow up' and do the same training... this will be the challenge! As he is not a disciplinarian!!!! It was the same when we were raising Meaghan DD#1, he was a softie, and I was the one who had to be BAD COP.... I was so glad when she grew up because we didn't have this clash of types to deal with anymore..

Luckily, my daughter turned out fine, in SPITE of us!!! Parents have the very best intentions, but we still don't always do it right.

Linda - I still have emails to work on - it's hell coming back from vacation. I hope our resort is nice - this will be my 1st all inclusive.. I'm glad that Melissa speaks spanish too ;0)..

Your vacation will be awesome, now I am forgetting what relation is Melissa to you? who all is going and who are ea of them? What part of Mexico? usually at the resorts all the staff speak English so not to worry. Oh I love to go snorkleing... do you like that? I am so jealous!!! Gosh its coming up soon!!! 3 weeks away???

I am afraid there will be no snorkling in Jan cruise, the temp. will be about 60-70 degrees(yours) so pants and a light jacket I assume... and GOOD walking/hiking shoes... wanna see the colosium so bad..

Phyl - Water arobic's this morning.. It's great that you love the water aerobic so much... its one of the gentlest on your joints for excersis... I wish I didn't hate showering off at the gym so bad... am I weird? Just hate dragging all my stuff, shamp. conditioner, blow dryer etc... yuk!

Karla's at school - have a good day -

I need to get to work - cbl

Yes, you do need to get back to work, so glad you take the time to pop up here thought :rolleyes: